Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,773 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. (33037 Views)

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by lexy2014: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

are u presently using bicylce as a means of transportation? if u arent, then which nigerians are u giving advise to?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
MNDY:

Hahahahaha
Ask am for me o my brother

It's very possible lol. Bicycles can do 60km/h and more so why not.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by MajesticKris: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
You never chope bellefull.. you dey ride bicycle everyday Kolewek....
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by pacespot(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
It is a welcome development that would have saved the country very much in fuel consumption and environmental pollution. And mind you, cycling is as safe as a bike or even some four-wheel vehicles.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by harmargedon: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented
not really, it's because our people see bike riders as poor people who can't afford cars.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Sleekfingers: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few countries in America and Africa,not that they don't have cars but they see it as a faster means of moving within the city..But still don't understand why people here don't adapt the method... Here in Nigeria if you ride bicycle on major roads people just keep staring at you because they don't see it as common thing. Some even see it as a sign of poverty, everyone wanna drive exotic cars so they can get noticed...

What people don't Know is that bicycle is actually a faster means of transportation to move within a city rather than waiting all day long in your car stucked in traffic. A journey you Would spend 2hrs With your car stucked in traffic you would spend less than an hour with a bicycle..

I strongly think Nigerians should adopt this method most especially in Lagos.. fancy cars is not everything.. bicycle saves time and it's cheaper to afford..if we adopt this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole

You want make those useless okada riders and tricycle drivers break their legs abi? Abi you want make dem dey drag road with those drunks driving the danfo clear dem for road abi?

I am talking about lagos o...most drivers and okada riders are extremely impatient ..... except the government can dedicate a special lane for them.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by VicM6: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2021
Agboro go still dey collect money from u nd u go still dey pay toll gate fees..... Infact, police checkpoints go dey nd u must carry ur bicycle papers waka with you..... V.I.O go check your tyres nd issue you penalty then Road safety go talk say u no use helmet nd wan commit suicide. Then after that enh, bicycle go dey sell for around 300k.

better fear Nigeria, notin good dy dis country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by spinna: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
nn
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Kinterez(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
Then when I get home..na you go help me massage my thighs abi...bicycle is never for long distance..stop deceiving yourself
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Sleekfingers: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen

Cuz most people do comply with the traffic laws..... nigerians dey comply? Nigerians are impatient people.... always in a hurry.....
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Darkseid(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
I ride my baby to work everyday and it saves me ₦200 as well. It has also helped me to loose weight plus the stares I get on top the bicycle, e come be like say na Range Rover grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by isibor266: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
On same road with Dangote trucks? Journey well my friend.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by rayval(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
I wish you can listen to yourself... through which roads? Most countries using bicycles have bicycle lanes. Even cotonou is building bike lanes.. we do not even have lanes for cars. Nigeria is ..... you have no idea
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Lordbinsmar: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

Why is accident not to much in Europe It's actually a faster and better means of transportation... And yeah I think okada should be ban In major cities like Lagos but Nigerians are stubborn and won't listen

They have the required infrastructures and a large percentage of their population are educated and sensible.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by johnstar(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
Rubbish

Person go dey ride bicycle come dey sweat For dis hot sun Make una dey think well na

So person wey dey egbeda go ride bike go island?? Ah 9ja mentality sef
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

because u can't compare Europe and Nigeria driver(driving method) together

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Theunbothered: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bicycles aren't viable for long distances. Add to the fact that Nigerian drivers are very careless and impatient they won't hesitate to run over bicyclists out of anger.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Obuugama: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Bicycle? Ok let me go and resurrect my grandfather's long John.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Adakintroy: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
Everything na mind..people de ride am everyday for Lagos go work come..na wetin you get you go take survive.do your mind if you get heart. Nobody de look you.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by manlawal(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
Cashsteady:
Bicycles are seen as an essential means of transportation in most European countries and Asian countries and some few this method I can tell you traffic would drastically reduce in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole
ask ojo madueke when he tried it during Obasanjo time , motor wey hit am for Abuja didn't even wait . Since then he didn't bother promoting such
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SarkinYarki: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Slizzords:
Ode angry grin grin....for your mind now you don talk better thing

Wetin I talk wrong abeg ?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by zinaunreal(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented

Casuality rate for bicycle? Baba I bow for you
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by saajus: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
We need to change our mindsets first. Trailer/truck guys don't respect danfo. danfo guys don't respect Okada, Okada guys don't respect walkers. Sanity on the road is about calmness and respect. Those two things are still far away from us in this part of the world.

At Present, if Govt creates paths for bicycles, I will never attempt riding on any major roads in Nigeria. Many are mad, few are roaming.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by tunary(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2021
omowolewa:
Body odour will be too much except your office has bathroom.

It's hot here already, cycling will make you sweat. Like cycling from Oshodi to VI. Or One-man village to Federal Secretariat.

You just discover that all greetings are made to you from afar. All meetings with you would be by zoom.
giggling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by aminusodiq(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.
thah one na die
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by spirul77: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
not everybody works the distance between kubwa and wuse 2 na
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by highoctane: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
It seems you are a weakling. People ride bicycle from Senegal to Mozambique, you are talking of kubwa to Wuse, lazy legs.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by nedekid: 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2021
Heat in naija ehh, offices will smell from sweaty armpits, don't forget Nigeria is a humid country.
Next thing, vio, local government, police, lastma, oluomos agbero will mount bicycle checkpoint. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Toks007: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
A leisure means of transportation adopted as an essential means of transportation?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Muhammadjamil: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
They have good roads, one don't need to sweat before reaching his destination.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Charisma01: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:

Nor mind am, or from Karu up the AYA hill to Garki?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Toks007: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg

Goodluck cycling from Maryland to Agege and still able to do a good days work and then back home again and the time the journey takes to and fro. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? / Lady In Tears As Bolt Driver Kicks Her Out Over Her Accent (Video) / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.