Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? (424 Views)

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? / 37 Bibles That Removed "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) From Their Translation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? by judedwriter(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Genesis 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

² And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The mystery between verse 1 and 2 of Genesis chapter 1 has brought about quite a lot of theories, confusion and disagreements to Christians, unbelievers and skeptics alike. The space between verse 1 and 2 is commonly called the 'big gap' period.

Reading verses 1 and 2, we see a sharp contradiction. God created the earth but in next verse it says it was without form and void.

What really happened? Did God actually create the earth without form and void?

No. Between verse 1 and 2, there were series of events that unfolded.

God who created the heavens and earth in verse 1, also created myriads of angels to serve Him and worship Him with joy.

Job 38
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
⁵ Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
⁶ Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
⁷ When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Out of the angels, God had an elite class of angels called the archangels. The three biblical archangels were Michael, Gabriel and lucifer. All the archangels were much closer to God than the other angels:

And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
— Luke 1:19

Apart from Gabriel, archangels Michael and Lucifer stood in God's presence ministering directly to Him on His throne.

While Michael was to defend God's throne, Gabriel was to announce from God's throne, while lucifer was to lead worship to God's throne.

Of the three archangels, lucifer was the most beautiful and most closest to God's throne. However one day, lucifer became inflated with pride over his extreme beauty and coveted God's throne and worship.

He went around the angels canvassing for their support in overthrowing God, promising them better positions in his kingdom. Minority of the angels deceived by lucifer, joined his rebellion.

God the father knew all along what lucifer was planning, but gave him a long rope to repent. Unfortunately, lucifer didn't and launched an attempted 'coup detat' against God's throne.

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
— Luke 10:18

The result was disastrous for lucifer and his attempting 'junta' angels. God powerfully expelled them out of heaven to earth with the speed of lightning.

Why did God cast lucifer on earth out of all the planets? This was because the earth was formerly lucifer's throne. Lucifer planned to exalt his throne above God's.

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.
— Isaiah 14:13

Immediately lucifer fell to the earth, God made the earth uninhabitable for lucifer and his angels. Bible scholars conclude that the earth was completely overrun with water and froze like massive ice for several years.

The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
— Job 38:30

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water.
— 2 Peter 3:5

Everything on earth completely frozen, was in a standstill. No life, no light, no progress, no growth, no activity, etc. It was like a dungeon prison cell for lucifer and his angels.

Then one day, God decided to restore the earth and began to speak life and normalcy back to the earth.

After restoring the earth, God created man to exercise dominion over the earth, and this included the devil, formerly lucifer and his fallen angels.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
— Genesis 1:26

God primarily created man to replace the position lucifer lost as lead worshipper. God created man in His own image to worship him. Man's truest destiny is to worship God and to exercise dominion.

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
— Hebrews 13:15

When we worship God continually, we enforce the dominion mandate that God gave to Adam and Eve over all the earth and everything in it.

God created man to worship Him and to dominate. As we begin to effectively worship God, we will begin to dominate as God planned for us to. It was never God's initial plan for man to be dominated by the devil and adverse circumstances of life.

Worship, alongside faith and fasting, is our most powerful weapon of warfare to enforce our dominion over spiritual darkness and to fulfill destiny.

Unfortunately for man, the devil recovered his throne from man as god of the earth. When man sinned, the devil usurped his God ordained domnion and used it against man himself.

This is why the destinies of majority are under the authority of the devil. However, Jesus restored man's dominion back to him through his redemptive death, resurrection and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

As we worship God, we exercise the original dominion God gave Adam before his fall.
Shalom.

Re: What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? by obonujoker(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hmmm...... If this theory is true, that would mean scientists have been right about their theories on dinosaurs years of existence

BUT

We know God cannot lie... So I don't think the Gap theory is real... God is not a man that creation will be difficult to carry out in a matter of days, if man with all his complexity and systems can be created in a day...
Re: What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? by judedwriter(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
obonujoker:
Hmmm...... If this theory is true, that would mean scientists have been right about their theories on dinosaurs years of existence

BUT

We know God cannot lie... So I don't think the Gap theory is real... God is not a man that creation will be difficult to carry out in a matter of days, if man with all his complexity and systems can be created in a day...

There was a gap between verse 1 and 2. There was life on earth that was wiped out after lucifer fell and the subsequent judgements.

Where they dinosaurs in the pre-adamic world? May be so, may be not ... but the most important thing to note is that there was life activity on earth. God didn't create the earth to be uninhabited.

We can't exactly say who or what existed on earth then.
Re: What Happened Between Genesis Chapter One Verse 1 And 2? by Kcgeology: 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Interesting piece, but i think d 7days of creation shud nt be taken literarily. Each of those days may be as vast as 1billion yrs. Man is holocene in age and last on d geologic time scale, so is he on God's 7day time scale. In as much as God is ominipotent and capable of instantaneous creation,. He still allow time n nature do dia thing. The vast sedimentary terrain we presently walk and cultivate is a product of very long time weathering n erosion of original igneous n metamorphc rocks. If u knw hw long it takes to accumulate 1meter of strata, then d millions of years geologist often quote wud nt sound so ambigous. As4 dinosaurs, its no theory, its a proven fact, courtesy of fossil records

(1) (Reply)

What Nathaniel Bassey Did In Kumuyi Program That Broke The Crowd / My Family Pestering Me. Please Help / Take The Initiative (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.