Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (887045 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tamax: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

I knw say na joke..
Oak bro cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tossbal4real: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2013
aflynvir: i finished from elect!
Oh wao! Sorry about the mix up! Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tossbal4real: 8:26am On Aug 22, 2013
dmitroika:

hello, good to know that you did geology at U.I. how is Prof Adeyemi(engr. geo and hydro)? He supervised my final year project in 2010. although i didnt study at U.I, but I was always at the department for one reason or the other.

With regards to admission application at freiburg, I downloaded the application form, filled it and sent it to the university's Geology department with the following documents (in certified photocopies):
Bsc transcript
Bsc certificate
CV
letter of motivation
IELTS result (not sure if this is compulsory though but definitely gives an edge)
O'level result

sent the application package through nipost and the school got it within two weeks. I think thats all. let me know if you require more info pls

Thanks a lot for the Info but I still have tons of questions (smiles). Professor Adeyemi is very fine and He is doing well, funny enough my final year project 2010 was in engineering geology too but I was supervised by Dr Oyediran (Bora)!

Anyways bk to my questions; 1. pls what do you mean by certified copies. 2. What month did you send your docs and when did they reply you? 3. About the IELTs exam: what score would be considered competitive enough 4. Do I need to contact any of the professors for potential supervision prior to been admitted.
Also, Nigeria is an english speaking country, am just wondering about the IELTS exam. Please Advise. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

guy no be economics you dey do? Why using mech for that joke..
Lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2013
tossbal4real:

Thanks a lot for the Info but I still have tons of questions (smiles). Professor Adeyemi is very fine and He is doing well, funny enough my final year project 2010 was in engineering geology too but I was supervised by Dr Oyediran (Bora)!

Anyways bk to my questions; 1. pls what do you mean by certified copies. 2. What month did you send your docs and when did they reply you? 3. About the IELTs exam: what score would be considered competitive enough 4. Do I need to contact any of the professors for potential supervision prior to been admitted.
Also, Nigeria is an english speaking country, am just wondering about the IELTS exam. Please Advise. Thanks
my dept required TOEFL or IELTS, it wasn't optional. I don't know about geology! Buh I did TOEFL

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by odinakaprince: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Please pals in the house can some one help me with the complete checklist for family re-union please very urgent thanks. One love.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good evening Friends, on Monday I paid some amount of money into my blocked account while I paid the remaining on wednesday morning in GTB, I got my Confirmation today by 12pm. Thank you friends for been there for me in all that you put me through. God bless you all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
nkenyy: Good evening Friends, on Monday I paid some amount of money into my blocked account while I paid the remaining on wednesday morning in GTB, I got my Confirmation today by 12pm. Thank you friends for been there for me in all that you put me through. God bless you all.
congrats
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
aflynvir: congrats
@ aflynvir, I completed the money Yesterday morning which means my account confirmation came in 1 day.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
nkenyy:
@ aflynvir, I completed the money Yesterday morning which means my account confirmation came in 1 day.
thats fast, I'm transferring the first tomorrow by God's grace
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
aflynvir: thats fast, I'm transferring the first tomorrow by God's grace
Yes I was surprised too and am grateful to God. They also said at the bank that transfer can only be done before 12pm so whenever you are going to transfer, do it before 12noon or it would be transferred the next day.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
Godson201333:

Short term visa......
I was told to come to the embassy in Lagos with a three month travel insurance. I am grateful to God and also to all of you on the thread who shared your experience with me and in turn bolstered my confidence

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Mickom: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
pfanen360: I was told to come to the embassy in Lagos with a three month travel insurance. I am grateful to God and also to all of you on the thread who shared your experience with me and in turn bolstered my confidence

Congrat bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
pfanen360: I was told to come to the embassy in Lagos with a three month travel insurance. I am grateful to God and also to all of you on the thread who shared your experience with me and in turn bolstered my confidence
congrats. When did you give interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
steelie: congrats. When did you give interview?
Thanks bro.

6th August. .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
topeajis:

Typed MA

Hello

Please how do I go about ensuring that the dates on my insurance flight and other things correspond
Re: German Embassy And Visa by odinakaprince: 1:16am On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=odinakaprince]Please pals in the house can some one help me with the complete checklist/requirements for family re-union please very urgent thanks. Please my interview is next week.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 1:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Congrats
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Chars1289: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2013
[quote author=odinakaprince][/quote]

why don't u check the German embassy website...you will surely get to know all the requirements you need.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:33am On Aug 23, 2013

Oya i am happy for you...Please make sure you get the visa today,I am sure you cant wait...Just let your insurance date be the exact date that you want to travel.Flights are a lil bit expensive now so you can also check your calendar for september

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2013
kelly4top:

Thanks Tope. I have collected the VISA today. I did the insurance same day they contacted me so I came to Lagos yesterday and went to the Embassy today at 8am to submit my Travel-health insurance and passport so I was given a slip to come back by 12pm for collection. So I came by 12pm and behold it was my VISA. They also returned all my original documents. I will be flying Lufthansa airline on Saturday 2nd/3/13.

N.B. They accept Travel-health insurance from I.G.I which is cheaper at 15k. AIICO is 23k.
Hi I want to ask about the foreigner office... the information sheet that the school gave me specified an electronic visa if €120... Please was that what you did? Or does it not apply to Nigerians
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Godson201333:

Oya i am happy for you...Please make sure you get the visa today,I am sure you cant wait...Just let your insurance date be the exact date that you want to travel.Flights are a lil bit expensive now so you can also check your calendar for september
Thanks a lot Godson... I want to book a flight with Emirates for 5th September $675.... I would have the insurance done on Monday and travel to Lagos thereafter. . . Godson201333 you guys helped a lot. I appreciate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2013
odinakaprince: Please pals in the house can some one help me with the complete checklist for family re-union please very urgent thanks. One love.

Congrats Bro!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2013
odinakaprince:
Plsbro hw did ur bro apply for d course? Plz hw do I get ur contact plz I need it.

This Odinaka Prince has become a case of confusion on this thread. First, ur dad was a German citizen and u don't know the class of visa or doucment u need, Now u want to apply for a course, Later u are asking for checklist for family reunion visa. Pls don't make Germans think all Nigerians are like u

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by musain: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2013
pfanen360: Hi I want to ask about the foreigner office... the information sheet that the school gave me specified an electronic visa if €120... Please was that what you did? Or does it not apply to Nigerians

Congrats Bro.. wish u d best smiley smiley smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:56am On Aug 23, 2013
musa in:

Congrats Bro.. wish u d best smiley smiley smiley

Yah u will Apply for Electronic Visa its always a Card but in Berlin its 90euro SHA they dont use Sticker Again cos they wont Put the Sticker on Ur Passport u will be given an Electronics Card
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2013
emeka55:

This Odinaka Prince has become a case of confusion on this thread. First, ur dad was a German citizen and u don't know the class of visa or doucment u need, Now u want to apply for a course, Later u are asking for checklist for family reunion visa. Pls don't make Germans think all Nigerians are like u
Lol..He could be a 10yr-old playing on the internet..

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by lade007(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2013
Good morning house.....@ Emeka55 pls I read that you sent a message to the embassy and they replied you,pls which email address did you use?pls you can post it here cos I've tried to mail them without any response....I will really appreciate your reply...God bless
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2013
steelie: Lol..He could be a 10yr-old playing on the internet..

Lol that hurts
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2013
lade007: Good morning house.....@ Emeka55 pls I read that you sent a message to the embassy and they replied you,pls which email address did you use?pls you can post it here cos I've tried to mail them without any response....I will really appreciate your reply...God bless

I went to the German embassy website (Abuja/Lagos) and I filled the CONTACT form and sent it to them. The form can be found under "Contact" there's a space where one can enter his email address so they can reply u through it. I told them my situation and how I wasn't able to get an appointment date before October. They replied me to my email ASAP and this was their reply:

Sir, Madam,

Could you let me know your complete name, your passport number, the planned
date of your departure and could you send me a copy of your admissiom Letter as well?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by lade007(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2013
Oga Emeka......thanks so much I really appreciate that clue.....God bless you real good...pls can you paste a copy of the mail you sent to them here so that I can use it as a guide to send my own? You are lifted
Re: German Embassy And Visa by odinakaprince: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Pals @emeka,steelie wana tnk u all. Den was d purpose for bn here. Seriously am so confused nd dnt wana mk mistk pls hlp me out. Let mi hv ur contct so I cn explain to u ok@emeka,steelie.tope nd Godson.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.