Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885664 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Junipero: Hello Nairalanders,

I got admission to study in HTWG Konstanz. they insisted on my attending their Studienkolleg (Preparatory Course). This would enable me to study efficiently with German Language. Actually I also passed my Goethe Exams B1 level in Accra in June. That really gave me an advantage. I have paid in enough money into my blocked account. I have also gotten an Insurance confirmation from Allianz insurance. I also possess a proof of Student's accomodation. Everything is falling in place....but..

My only worry is the interview. i got D7 in maths(WAEC) and my NECO is not so good. I dnt knw if this would pose a problem to me. Someone told me i would be given a maths test to write at the interview. And i dont know if there is any extra document i would have to bring along for d interview.

So please could anyone give me relevant assistance or answers? Would really appreciate.

(NB: THOSE INTERESTED IN LEARNING GERMAN AND ALSO STUDYING IN GERMANY WITH GERMAN LANGUAGE COULD ALSO PUT FORWARD THEIR QUESTIONS TO ME.)
first off, what course did you opt for and hope you don't mind me asking your age?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hilpton: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Katangora: nice one bro, I'm surprised a black lady now conducts student interview, I only hear of a certain old white woman.. Pls share the questions who were asked here

Na black lady oo but speaks german like crazy... She ask abt purpose of study,why i chose d course n university,my first semester courses, geographical stuffs abt german like borders dat surrounds gemany and features abt d city am goin and so on. Its Nothing u cant handle if one is a genuine student.one love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by burrytee(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hi fellow nairalander. Pls I need your warmly advise.I jst got an acknowlegdement from a school(universitat of essien).I need to apply for a german language school in lagos. I tried Geothe school lagos,i was told they won't admit until january next year. Please can anyone refer me to any other language school in lagos as against d school resupmtn in january. Your quick response will b appreciated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Omojayejaye: @beebee tanx for clearing the air on that issue....pls good people can anyone help with an English taught underG program even if it's a Yorubatechnology course so far it's bin taught in English...just difficult to pinpoint on dat DAad....preferably south or west Germany....pls our ogas in germo....coz according to dis thread na these places for germo fit do am...**winks***
bro I wuld advice u to stay and round up yur studies. Since u say u in yur final year instead of gion 2 germo 2 study undergrag level again u will better chances of husslin and applying to many schools dat teach in english whil dion yur masters than bachelors in germo based on what I red here also, hope my ogas at the top mr godson and co wil shed more lyt
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
burrytee: Hi fellow nairalander. Pls I need your warmly advise.I jst got an acknowlegdement from a school(universitat of essien).I need to apply for a german language school in lagos. I tried Geothe school lagos,i was told they won't admit until january next year. Please can anyone refer me to any other language school in lagos as against d school resupmtn in january. Your quick response will b appreciated.
bro I don't tink there is any other language school that teach german rather than goethe av searchd 4 goethe lernin centers worldwide and I only dicoverd dat of lagos in nigeria.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 11:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Omojayejaye: @honourableseyi I will let you know whenever I find anyone near us.....am trying to favour aussie over germo cause I heard dat it is easier to obtain permanent residency in aussie and there are career jobs.. compared to menial jobs and dat no chance to stay back in germo.....like u said germo is not expensive ....education is free in 12states.....that's y am considering d place but d bone of contention is the language coz am not putting in for postG but underG....coz I no wan com home....tanx...

In my own opinion, I believe there will be jobs in Germany too provided you have scale through the language hurdle/barrier. Menial jobs is meant for you to support yourself during study after which you can step up from there. I am not sure of any country where you can get career jobs as an undergraduate international student becaus there will be limitation on the number of hours you can work on weekly basis but I don't know much about Aussie though. As for not coming back, please don't go for interview with this orientation and mindset ooo. lols. Seriously the current German immigration law is favourable in the sense that you can stay legally for 18 months and search for job that will be fetching you some certain amount of money after your study. Also, since you are going for undergraduate program, you can opt in for Msc when you are through with your Bsc and then Phd depending how you want it. By the time you will be through with all these qualifications, you must have known what is going on for real. Above all, put God first and allow Him to direct your steps. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by japans: 7:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Very bad idea.. Transcript is not suppose to to be given to him but mailed to the school directly. Might make people lose their jobs that have nothing to do with it.

He who must go to equity must go with clean hands, you are not meant to see the transcript. Its an official document . So don't sue the university. Also, don't use the transcript because it will be assumed that if the school can make such mistake, being a product of that school you will do worst, however, sending the transcript will strengthen a negative believe about the reputation of your university/ Nigeria universities and hereby reducing chances for prospective student. I believe in the slogan, there is always time to do things right. Please, re visit your institution and obtain a new transcript when the strike is over. God bless you, Nairalanders and Nigeria.

We can make Nigeria proud!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by japans: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Very bad idea.. Transcript is not suppose to to be given to him but mailed to the school directly. Might make people lose their jobs that have nothing to do with it.

He who must go to equity must go with clean hands, you are not meant to see the transcript. Its an official document . So don't sue the university. Also, don't use the transcript because it will be assumed that if the school can make such mistake, being a product of that school you will do worst, however, sending the transcript will strengthen a negative believe about the reputation of your university/ Nigeria universities and hereby reducing chances for prospective student. I believe in the slogan, there is always time to do things right. Please, re visit your institution and obtain a new transcript when the strike is over. God bless you, Nairalanders and Nigeria.

We can make Nigeria proud, it start with you, I mean you!!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2013
^^^
Oga, no b me o!

Tope! Where ar thou? Sallah don finish.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by teexzle: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2013
topeajis:

People Are always Scared too go their cos of jobs and the weather that the Story they Told me when in Nigeria but when am Here now i now See its nt like that to get jobs and stuff na luck

Oo I c thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Omojayejaye(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2013
honourableseyi....tanx a million.....you are indeed a honourable man......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2013
please is there anybody here who has written the maths test at the Embassy? Give us an idea of how it went.... THANK YOU[color=#000099][/color]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2013
Omojayejaye: honourableseyi....tanx a million.....you are indeed a honourable man......

You are welcome boss. We will get there
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
lol na so
franklysco:
Okay! One step @ a time sha. Make I enter leipzig first, then i'll take it from there.... God dey
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Junipero: please is there anybody here who has written the maths test at the Embassy? Give us an idea of how it went.... THANK YOU[color=#000099][/color]

I did my interview today and was not giving any Maths test. I thank God I was Able to answer all their questions but it was the old German lady kind of harsh but all was ok, I was told my application as been sent to Germany and once they get reply they will inform me. praying hard now and in panic. I need God favour.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hello guys,
I intend travelling to Germany middle of next year. But I'm applying for a language school and later to a university to apply for another degree. My WAEC is ok and if not for ASUU i should have been a graduate. How good are my chances of getting a visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bros, what kind of question do they ask in the interview
princeolu254:

I did my interview today and was not giving any Maths test. I thank God I was Able to answer all their questions but it was the old German lady kind of harsh but all was ok, I was told my application as been sent to Germany and once they get reply they will inform me. praying hard now and in panic. I need God favour.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
princeolu254:

God will confirm it Bro... No need to press d panic botton.. It is well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
princeolu254:

Guy. U've finally crossed the bridge. It's gonna be Successful by God's Grace.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
Go and apply for diploma. If you are in Lagos try Unilag but its just that application has closed for the coming session moreover it is somehow expensive.
damsamty16:
its not my fault boss,am just fedup bcoz of discouragements from people.some people said i cnt get admission into any undergraduate course wit only my waec and toefl.i have good grades in my waec result nd toefl score of 83..oga tope,mr godson nd boss emeka,no be say i no knw wetin i want o,am just confused!Help
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
^^^
Oga, no b me o!

Tope! Where ar thou? Sallah don finish.

Am here man
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
kayusboss: Hello guys,
I intend travelling to Germany middle of next year. But I'm applying for a language school and later to a university to apply for another degree. My WAEC is ok and if not for ASUU i should have been a graduate. How good are my chances of getting a visa?

Getting a visa with Language course does not increase your chances of getting visa but diminish it. Since they have language school here in Nigeria, why do you want to go to Germany with the same purpose?When you can spend less here. If you have been following this thread from page 1, it has been noted that going for a language course is a red flag. Don't think about getting admission alone, but think about what the V.O will think before taking any step. But I believe your best bet under this circumstance is to go through studentkollege if you don't have a year university transcripts or A-level. You may also be lucky with ND provided your school is not under uni-assist. Also, going through the studentkolleg will required you to register for German class at Goethe institute in Lagos, write the exams, get your A2/B1/B2 certificate and apply with it. I believe my ogas at the top will shed more light on this though. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
princeolu254:

congrats to you bro and God will see you through......... But please lemme ask you when is your deadline ?? And which state is our school in ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
kayusboss: Bros, what kind of question do they ask in the interview

Just about the course, about Germany and it's borders, why taking the course, why do yu want to study in Germany etc. just same questions in this thread
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
topeajis:

Am here man
oga tope where you go naaa? I been miss you small? Be like you go do sallah?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 2:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bros thanks so much. I have university transcripts so that wont be a problem. how long does it take to attain B2 because i think that is the minimum requirements for most schools
honourableseyi:

Getting a visa with Language course does not increase your chances of getting visa but diminish it. Since they have language school here in Nigeria, why do you want to go to Germany with the same purpose?When you can spend less here. If you have been following this thread from page 1, it has been noted that going for a language course is a red flag. Don't think about getting admission alone, but think about what the V.O will think before taking any step. But I believe your best bet under this circumstance is to go through studentkollege if you don't have a year university transcripts or A-level. You may also be lucky with ND provided your school is not under uni-assist. Also, going through the studentkolleg will required you to register for German class at Goethe institute in Lagos, write the exams, get your A2/B1/B2 certificate and apply with it. I believe my ogas at the top will shed more light on this though. Shalom
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
honourableseyi:

U haf shedded all d light finish so tey battery don low grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
honourableseyi:

U haf shedded all d light finish so tey battery don low finish grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Jamoyt001: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
honourableseyi:

U haf shedded all d light finish so tey battery don low finish grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
I wonder why princeolu no wan answer me wetin I ask?? Bro, my oga abeg answer now please
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
kayusboss: Bros thanks so much. I have university transcripts so that wont be a problem. how long does it take to attain B2 because i think that is the minimum requirements for most schools

You can contact them through this address............
We will be glad to answer any questions you may have:
Mr. Godson Azubuike
godson.azubuike@lagos.goethe.org
Tel: +234 1 7746888

Goethe-Institut Lagos
Lagos City Hall
Catholic Mission Street opposite Holy Cross Cathedral
Lagos Island
Lagos
Language Course Office opening hours:
Monday till Friday 09:00am - 04:00pm

Please make your finding open so that others can benefit from it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.