Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884381 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by m365571: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
Try other airline
terryo1:

@abiegirl, pls what airline did u use and was it one-way?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
bochu: grin grin ;Dna mannheim my able sista...na u I dey follow oo grin grin.university of manheim..just make I get my b1 result 4 goethe 4 novemba remain..and please able,I wan open block account,shey I need admission letter to show b4 I open nam ni?n

Yes o, you need admission letter to open blocked account. No worry, you go get your result.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by abiegirl: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
terryo1:

@abiegirl, pls what airline did u use and was it one-way?

I booked on Emirates and I paid for one way.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
graciousme:
I am in abuja too. Am sure we will get useful information from our experienced ogas in the house. I called the abuja embassy yesterday and the lady on the other end of the line confirmed that student visa has to be Lagos. Have you started your blocked account opening process?

I went to the Abuja Embassy today. I told them I want to open a block account. I gave them my filled form and the Lady returned with the formed stamped behind.....and she said I should go to Lagos.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Negro1986(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
@M365571,, hahahaha, just keep trying by God's grace yu will get a decent place in no time,
wish yu d best of lucks o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABUkAkA:
I went to the Abuja Embassy today. I told them I want to open a block account. I gave them my filled form and the Lady returned with the formed stamped behind.....and she said I should go to Lagos.

Go to Lagos? I think you can send the forms to the bank via dhl. meanwhile, scan the stamped page to use in booking for the interview.

@Bethiano where art thou? how is preparation for the interview? have you received the bank details?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Following this thread bumper 2 bumper.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwabukonla: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
@damsamty @ nimakor u wouldn't blame me cos if u knw wat I av risked to dis admission of a tin so hearing dias no possibiliies freaked me out but am sorry anywaz so watz up wif u guys hint me on wat to do u re my people both of u chop kiss from heaven*muah* gemme ur email address I need to ask u som stuffs please
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
terryo1: My Ogas in Germany, pls help me o. I was at turkish airline today to make payment for my flight reservatn and I already booked a one-way trip, but I was told that I need to book a two-way because I wnt be allowed to connect from instanbul to stutgart, my destination. For those who av used one-way with turkish airline, please advise me ooo. Thnks

Don't fall for their lies. you don't need a return ticket since you have a student visa. I would advise you to try pay online if you can.
And save your self all the stress. You can even check in online and print out your boarding pass, all you have to do on your travel date is check in your luggage.

I flew Turkish airline and that was how I did it. Don't worry when you get to Istanbul they know the difference between a student visa and a tourist visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by terryo1: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
beebee5000:

Don't fall for their lies. you don't need a return ticket since you have a student visa. I would advise you to try pay online if you can.
And save your self all the stress. You can even check in online and print out your boarding pass, all you have to do on your travel date is check in your luggage.

I flew Turkish airline and that was how I did it. Don't worry when you get to Istanbul they know the difference between a student visa and a tourist visa.

Thanks so much brother
Re: German Embassy And Visa by terryo1: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
abiegirl:

I booked on Emirates and I paid for one way.

Thank you abiegirl
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
m365571: I am doing masters in Tourism Mgt. I am now busy lokking for house oooh no be easy. I keep just rejections. I think i shd stop mentiomimg that i am African and just show up and suprise them

grin grin Abi?! Lol.
Anyway, I think you should just be patient. After multiple emails and even more Skype convos, I've been asked to move in by some folks... And yes, I told them I was 'nigerian'. In fact being accepted despite your nationality tends to show how accommodating the place you're moving into is (my opinion sha)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
graciousme:

Go to Lagos? I think you can send the forms to the bank via dhl. meanwhile, scan the stamped page to use in booking for the interview.

@Bethiano where art thou? how is preparation for the interview? have you received the bank details?

Thanks @graciousme.....can I wait for funding of the account before booking for interview ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aisaya001: 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
my interview has been fixed for Sept. 19 and my course begin in Oct 1st, do you guys suggest I mail them to reschedule the appointment?

And Please can anyone tell me what to fill is the question "proposed place of residence" and "means of substance". your answers will be highly apreciated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
abiegirl:

Yes o, you need admission letter to open blocked account. No worry, you go get your result.

I didnt open my blocked acct with any admission letter though, I had admission then but I decided to leave it open cos,I applied to other schs and ws expecting more admission letters thereafter such that, I would later make a choice.

#myexperience#
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Slyee: First off, as an African and as one born into the Christian faith, I thank God for His blessings today and for more to come.

I received my visa today at the German embassy along with two other really cool guys who fortunately for the three of Us, happen to be travelling to the same German State.

Isn't that amazing grin?

We were busy laughing at our errors during the interview some weeks back.
Telling ourselves super stories and smiling at everything and nothing.. grin

Also, to all other peeps out there who wish to study in Germany, I say you take your time, you do your home work thoroughly and PRAY for LUCK... Of course you need luck smiley

Nna ehn.. I no go lie U.. e tough o. But I can assure you that whatever you will be asked during the interview is what you SHOULD know.

Seriously, as a student, 1. You should know your COURSE STRUCTURE 2. Study the Numbers- especially the Dates on your documents, CV and payments made.
3. Outsmart yourself, not the embassy. It is their country and they decide who Enters not just by your Efforts.

God will bless your efforts... Fear nothing.. Be Grateful and Believe.

Thanks to Everyone.

I love Nairaland.

Many congrats bro. God Bless You!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by DANNIEmore: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
aisaya001: my interview has been fixed for Sept. 19 and my course begin in Oct 1st, do you guys suggest I mail them to reschedule the appointment?

And Please can anyone tell me what to fill is the question "proposed place of residence" and "means of substance". your answers will be highly apreciated.

1. Use the school address (specifically,your main campus address) as proposed place of residence.

2.'Family sponsored or Blocked account'

Note;This opinion is subject to correction/modification where necessary by our expats/ogas @ d'top!

Stay blessed!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABUkAkA:
Thanks @graciousme.....can I wait for funding of the account before booking for interview ?
I think she alluded that you may request for scheduling straight away, and you should...considering you only have so much time.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aisaya001: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
Do you guys advice me to mail them to change my date of appointment?

my interview has been fixed for Sept. 19 and my course begin in Oct 1st, do you guys suggest I mail them to reschedule the appointment?

Please I need the house advice. thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
oluwabukonla: @damsamty @ nimakor u wouldn't blame me cos if u knw wat I av risked to dis admission of a tin so hearing dias no possibiliies freaked me out but am sorry anywaz so watz up wif u guys hint me on wat to do u re my people both of u chop kiss from heaven*muah* gemme ur email address I need to ask u som stuffs please
damsamty16@gmail.com
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
ebele17:

I also got mine fixed for the 22/9/2014. Next thing i saw was yesterday, the embassy sent me a mail telling me dat they have rescheduled it to 29/8/2014. My school, TUM, starts 1st Oct. So, i suggest you send them an email. They are very prompt in replying. State your school resumption time and ask them to re-schedule your appointment. I dont think they will refuse. Dont only include your lecture time, the enrollment time is also important. If lectures are on the 15th, then enrollment is usually earlier. So, send them an email.

I have done enrollment already. I will do as advised. Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
aisaya001: Do you guys advice me to mail them to change my date of appointment?

No need to contact the embassy but rather, your school.. Inform them about your scheduled interview date and request their suggestion or consideration..

My 2kobo!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
terryo1: My Ogas in Germany, pls help me o. I was at turkish airline today to make payment for my flight reservatn and I already booked a one-way trip, but I was told that I need to book a two-way because I wnt be allowed to connect from instanbul to stutgart, my destination. For those who av used one-way with turkish airline, please advise me ooo. Thnks
I had the same issue when I booked my flight with fly emirate at their office in I.V but they later referred me to their officials that checks-in passengers at Mohamed airport. when I got there, they confirmed that I can book one way because our student visa is type D according to them. I booked one way.
why not book from Nigeria to Frankfort and use train to Stuttgart.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
I have this Lagos state issued birth certificate. Can I use it for for the visa application or I have to get the one specifically asked for.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
aisaya001: Do you guys advice me to mail them to change my date of appointment?

You don't have to reschedule appointment, you can send an email to the school informing them of your said date.
Also you should fund your account early enough before your date so you can run everything smoothly and easily.
By the way what university is that?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by JewelStone(f): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2014

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by JewelStone(f): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^^Please excuse my typos, i'm on mobile phone
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello House, I need help.....am from Abuja and the consular here has verified my signature so as to open a blocked account. Can I send the authenticated form to the bank through DHL or Travel to lagos and submit to the embassy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABUkAkA: Hello House, I need help.....am from Abuja and the consular here has verified my signature so as to open a blocked account. Can I send the authenticated form to the bank through DHL or Travel to lagos and submit to the embassy
You should always check what has been written against your last post before reposting (same).
Scan the authenticated form ...the stamped page (use and request for an appointment) and then send to Deutsche Bank by ground mailing...DHL, Fedex
You do not need to sent it/travel to lagos.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
discovered this tips for filling student visa application form.

Tips to fill up the application form (curled it from an Indian site so make adjustments where required)
Q5 a and b, leave it blank If you are single then
Q7 fully blank
Q8 fully blank
For Q11, passport issued by is REPUBLIC OF INDIA
Q12 and 13 blank (if you have never visited Germany )
Q15, university name and address
Q17 Yes and India
Q20 Higher education
Study
University name with address
Student
Q21 your UG degree eg: BE mechanical
Q23 approximate course duration for 2 years eg: sep 1 2010 to sep 1 2012
If the course is 1.5 years, fill accordingly
Q25,26all blank
Q27 b, write will get it after reaching germany.
The Second form is just a declaration form which you need to sign with place and date.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
JewelStone: ^^^Please excuse my typos, i'm on mobile phone
You did a good job.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
JewelStone: ^^^Please excuse my typos, i'm on mobile phone
Your descriptions are clearly graphical. Many will struggle to match what you did even with a 90 inch wide computer with an LED screen and HD graphics.
You did a commendable job at sharing your experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.