Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (21954 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 1:03am On May 31, 2011
Dem wowo for Dantata family? I thought they were Dangote's benefactor, anyway as long as they have money smiley

Dangote still get daughter? Ok cool

What of Danjuma or some Kwankwaso?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:16am On May 31, 2011
Kilode?!:

Dem wowo for Dantata family? I thought they were Dangote's benefactor, anyway as long as they have money smiley

Dangote still get daughter? Ok cool

What of Danjuma or some Kwankwaso?

Related, cousins.
cool ko? hmm
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by kabba7(m): 1:19am On May 31, 2011
Talking about looting why are you OYELE book quiet over BANK~OLE“s 1billion dollars loot in UBA vault,info is 4 his campaign effort soft landind is being worked out just D plan fails just as D one for big thief Ibori did afainst FG wish they are both from Kano.Armed & Educated robbers.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:26am On May 31, 2011
kabba7:

Talking about looting why are you OYELE book quiet over BANK~OLE“s 1billion dollars loot in UBA vault,info is 4 his campaign effort soft landind is being worked out just D plan fails just as D one for big thief Ibori did afainst FG wish they are both from Kano.Armed & Educated robbers.   

Koooosaaaaaaaa!!!!  shocked shocked shocked

Bankole ~ Ogun (52 billion naira as travel expenses, wonder which shop him dey spendam)
Ibori ~ Delta State
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:30am On May 31, 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SIGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SOLUTION IS HERE!!!

Most RICH / MIDDLE INCOME Nigerian Southerners in UK spend their money on ""White Girls and Drinking"" (In Slow Tone). grin grin grin

Gbam!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 1:33am On May 31, 2011
^^ I think Bank-thief-ole-barawo shops at Saks 5th Avenue and maybe in France, but he no get pikin.

Maybe I should focus on Folawiyo pikin, but it seems these northern thing has more influence, My Ijaw people never wise up yet.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:35am On May 31, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ibori

Energetic, Educated, Wise, Thief
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:40am On May 31, 2011
Kilode?!:

^^ I think Bank-thief-ole-barawo shops at Saks 5th Avenue and maybe in France, but he no get pikin.

Maybe I should focus on Folawiyo pikin, but it seems these northern thing has more influence, My Ijaw people never wise up yet.

But dem get more swaggggg, because they can speak fluent abragabaraaga sweet english like the english man, abi

No b so??
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by kabba7(m): 1:42am On May 31, 2011
Girls,drinking,juju houses/shrines, prophets baba aladuras & Alfas{mallams}skin toning creams.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by kabba7(m): 1:47am On May 31, 2011
E do make I go sleep daybreak na work I no be Abuja or Lagos tif>Good night ALL
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:50am On May 31, 2011
Good Night grin

Mu Kwana Lafiya!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 1:57am On May 31, 2011
auwal87:

But dem get more swaggggg, because they can speak fluent abragabaraaga sweet english like the english man, abi

No b so??

God punish English language, I was shop for Debenhams, dem no need English for that one.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 7:04am On May 31, 2011
Kilode?!:

Yes, Sanusi went to African International University in Khartoum after ABU I think.

BTW, @Namfav, I'm just curious, and you don't have to answer;

Do you have close family members in government? I mean in politics or maybe in top Civil Service?

Family as in Father, Mother, Uncle, or close siblings.

I ask because the few Notherners I know who go to school out of Nigeria hardly work, and they get their parents to pay their fees. Now, those parents are mostly top civil servants or Politicians, Not the same for most Sotherners that I know.

Are your parents in Private business as in Agriculture, banking e.t.c or you just work and go to school like most southerners?

thanks
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 7:22am On May 31, 2011
Sagamite:

Son, you must be having a laugh!

You have been severely mislead. If it is not too late, I hope and beg you that such level should not be your aspiration.

Al Azhar is NOT one of the top universities in the world. If they did a list of top 1000 universities in the world, Al Azhar will not be anywhere near the list. You have been completely misled.

Because a university produces some few exceptions does not mean it is a top Uni.

Al Azhar will not even be able to compete with the LondonMETs and likes in the west, talkless of the top unis.

Northerners don't hustle in UK because of the high dichotomy between the rich and the poor in the North.

- The poor are too wretchedly poor and illiterate (can't speak English) to even afford to go abroad or see the point.

- And majority of the ones that are rich are kids of contractors and civil servants that can have exceptional resources to be there without working.

you won't find northerners send family overseas to only suffer it is totally rare and not because family are rich but because most of us believe that you need to atleast have enough to start somewhere else, you find some southerners that go overseas with only their bags and visa that is incosiderate, those who do not go outside are not poor and illiterate, many have things to settle home you cannot leave your home leaving it in a mess you clean your kitchen first, as i said we are family orientated, there are things that we consider and family is first unlike some individuals who put hustle first it (most not even refugees), has nothing to do with a gap between rich and poor in the north
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2011
kabba7:

Stop chatting crap!

Search for Bankole and Ibori's name on Nairaland and see how lambasted they are before you start chatting rubbish that people are keeping quiet!

namfav:

you won't find northerners send family overseas to only suffer it is totally rare [b]and not because family are rich [/b]but because most of us believe that you need to atleast have enough to start somewhere else, you find some southerners that go overseas with only their bags and visa that is incosiderate, those who do not go outside are not poor and illiterate, many have things to settle home you cannot leave your home leaving it in a mess you clean your kitchen first, as i said we are family orientated, there are things that we consider and family is first unlike some individuals who put hustle first it (most not even refugees), has nothing to do with a gap between rich and poor in the north

Sorry!

If families are not rich how can they afford to send family members overseas like London and live in posh areas?

How can they afford the £2000+ pcm posh flats or family house in Marble Arch, Paddington, Bayswater, Edgware road, Finchley etc for one child that I have seen with my eyes?

Where is the money coming from considering that the average senior military/civil servant's salary and allowance cannot be more than £20K per year and majority of these kids abroad are from such families?

Even French or Spanish senior military/civil servant cannot afford to send their kids to London with such funds. How come some Nigerians (a third world country) can?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2011
Sagamite:

Sorry!

If families are not rich how can they afford to send family members overseas like London and live in posh areas?

How can they afford the £2000+ pcm posh flats or family house in Marble Arch, Paddington, Bayswater, Edgware road, Finchley etc for one child that I have seen with my eyes?

Where is the money coming from considering that the average senior military/civil servant's salary and allowance cannot be more than £20K per year and majority of these kids abroad are from such families?

Even French or Spanish senior military/civil servant cannot afford to send their kids to London with such funds. How come some Nigerians (a third world country) can?

if you say so, that's just your opinon
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 11:58am On May 31, 2011
namfav:

thanks

It's all good bro, I'll use my imagination to fill in the gaps.
namfav:

you won't find northerners send family overseas to only suffer it is totally rare and not because family are rich but because most of us believe that you need to atleast have enough to start somewhere else, you find some southerners that go overseas with only their bags and visa that is incosiderate, those who do not go outside are not poor and illiterate, many have things to settle home you cannot leave your home leaving it in a mess you clean your kitchen first, as i said we are family orientated, there are things that we consider and family is first unlike some individuals who put hustle first it (most not even refugees), has nothing to do with a gap between rich and poor in the north

Don't be disingenuous bro, your folks down south did not drop down from Neptune, they are human beings who make rational choices like any human anywhere on earth. People don't just wake up one morning and start walking towards the border or airport without thinking, leaving family, friends and familiar things behind. Migration is not an easy decision for most human beings anywhere.

All of our people are generally family oriented and you can observe that easily, not just among people living here in Nigeria it is obvious also through the billions in remittances sent by those who live abroad.

Most of the folks who travel out do so because they see little to no economic hope where they are or believe there are better opportunities elsewhere. There are poor folks who can't even afford to move to the nearest city talkless out of the country. Economic migration has been in existence since the beginning of time. it is hardly a spur of the moment decision for most human beings.

You might think Northeners are more contented with their state in life and therefore don't travel out of desperation, but it's obvious that is not the case, a lot of our poor and desperate Northern folks can be seen in Libya, Sudan and several Arab countries too, I posted a video a month ago showing Nigerians caught up in the bombing in Mistrata Libya, many of the folks in that video are Nigerians from the north.

I think most Northern Nigerians living in the west are from comfortable and educated (western education that is) families and are therefore more westernized than the average northern poor. I think most of our less comfortable, less western economic migrants from the north tend to hustle in the middle east, North Africa, basically countries with similar religious and social customs.

Of course the rich ones from both regions can live or travel anywhere they like, money is a language and a culture on it's own, it can survive anywhere really. Ask them at Debs wink
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by thameamead(f): 12:12pm On May 31, 2011
i use to work @ Harrods, it was always full of the hausa's, i use to see the likes of mohammed babangida, his wife, the otedola guy was always in and out of Harrods, he's a nice chap not arrogant and always says hi to everyone, uji kalu the former governor, they always spend big , mohammed abacha's wife spent about fourteen grand on globe trotter luggage set, she bought two sets as- black and another colour. they all spend big, go to edgeware road or hilton hotel (padington) in summer and you will find them in the lounge drinking and trying to find babes to take out for the duration of their stay. hmmmm,
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by thameamead(f): 12:15pm On May 31, 2011
that bankole guy once used a coutts debit card to treat a friend of mine @ marks and spencers to thousands of pounds of shopping.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:14pm On May 31, 2011
Kilode?!:

I think most Northern Nigerians living in the west are from comfortable and educated (western education that is) families and are therefore more westernized than the average northern poor. I think most of our less comfortable, less western economic migrants from the north tend to hustle in the middle east, North Africa, basically countries with similar religious and social customs.

You forgot OUR land, the mighty Southwest cheesy. Digging well and doing kainkain grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:16pm On May 31, 2011
thameamead:

that bankole guy once used a coutts debit card to treat a friend of mine @ marks and spencers to thousands of pounds of shopping.

Thamesmead, I like your siggy cheesy grin

Would like a thread on that topic, man. We need to explore the political implication of Murdoch's empire. Imagine! This guy determines who rules - especially, Britain

It is unreal, man - the power he wields.

O ga oo
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Kilode1: 2:10pm On May 31, 2011
ola olabiy:

You forgot OUR land, the mighty Southwest  cheesy. Digging well and doing kainkain grin
grin

The "Great Western Region" (yes, including Kwara+Edo+Delta+Kogi + Nupeland  cool is kinda peculiar too, we can swing anywhere. All join. wink

"kainkain and well digging" LOL pesin come here dey tell us sey dem no dey hustle outside, anyway na dem country sha, and they must wack too now.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 4:37pm On May 31, 2011
Kilode?!:

Don't be disingenuous bro, your folks down south did not drop down from Neptune, they are human beings who make rational choices like any human anywhere on earth. People don't just wake up one morning and start walking towards the border or airport without thinking, leaving family, friends and familiar things behind. Migration is not an easy decision for most human beings anywhere.

All of our people are generally family oriented and you can observe that easily, not just among people living here in Nigeria it is obvious also through the billions in remittances sent by those who live abroad.

Most of the folks who travel out do so because they see little to no economic hope where they are or believe there are better opportunities elsewhere. There are poor folks who can't even afford to move to the nearest city talkless out of the country. Economic migration has been in existence since the beginning of time. it is hardly a spur of the moment decision for most human beings.

You might think Northeners are more contented with their state in life and therefore don't travel out of desperation, but it's obvious that is not the case, a lot of our poor and desperate Northern folks can be seen in Libya, Sudan and several Arab countries too, I posted a video a month ago showing Nigerians caught up in the bombing in Mistrata Libya, many of the folks in that video are Nigerians from the north.

Of course the rich ones from both regions can live or travel anywhere they like, money is a language and a culture on it's own, it can survive anywhere really. Ask them at Debs wink

i did not say all, most southerners are family orientied its in african culture, but some of them put the hustle first, sometimes you find a man going to the west leaving his family behind that will almost never happen with a northerner maybe there are rare cases but not that i heard off, the average northerner simply does not put money ahead of family

how did it become that there are many many southerners in europe, america etc.? was it after the civil war, to be honest the business of forged passports is not a northern thing someone who goes to such measures does not care about family

most northerners in the west being of a western education? the fact is many many northerners who are well off do have another education apart from a western one (most of the time and sometimes you find others who have gone to universities such as khartoum, al azhar etc.), northerners do not need a western education for guarenteed success
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 6:18pm On May 31, 2011
i did not say all, most southerners are family orientied its in african culture, but some of them put the hustle first, sometimes you find a man going to the west leaving his family behind that will almost never happen with a northerner maybe there are rare cases but not that i heard off, the average northerner simply does not put money ahead of family
Those people usually send money back home through western union etc.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2011
namfav:

Don't say that.

There are several Northerners in Lagos who are there to hustle and have families back in the North.

Majority of the Northern gatemen are alone in Lagos but have wives back in their villages.

That is no different from going to the West.

namfav:

most northerners in the west being of a western education? the fact is many many northerners who are well off do have another education apart from a western one (most of the time and sometimes you find others who have gone to universities such as khartoum, al azhar etc.), northerners do not need a western education for guarenteed success

The reality is that these alternative education is inferior to Western one as it is less intellectually rigorous.

You cannot compare the capability of someone that attended Al Azhar to one that attended Stanford University or London School of Economics.

If there is nothing like quota system in Nigeria and things are simply based on merit and ability, then most of the people with these alternative education will not be able to compete.

Yes, Sanusi attended this place and is extremely intelligent (probably the most intelligent Nigerian I know of today that is not me  cheesy), he is an exception and he attended this institution after a solid Western education grounding.

But for every Sanusi that you produce from this alternative education stream, one can produce 20 Nigerian graduates of Western stream that are successful or world leaders. Better still, they are successful in a competitive market, not a quota system market.

The point is that the alternative is inferior to the Western one and, on average, the graduates of the alternative are academically inferior and will struggle, in a fair competitive environment to compete academically or intellectually with the Western graduates. This is evident in the scientific and philosophical advancement and superiority that the Western educational system demonstrates.

Even going to the Arab world, they require a lot of Western trained expatriates to run things.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by revomind(m): 7:31pm On May 31, 2011
Funny a** thread!

But you see I have absolutely nothing against em hausa/fulani bruvas and I do not give a rat's a** about debs and who spends the most there- Hausa govt folks or Southern fraudstas. I just want to correct auwal's fallacious yan that only hausa babes from Kaduna and Jos are liberal enuf to be on a southern bruva's d***. I got my 1st degree up north and I saw things. Pure fulani babe from katsina, father-big shot as usual, had a special liking for south-west bruvas especially. Shorty was on my **** till graduation. Beautiful babe I must say.

Namfav, kabba, murtalaa nd indeed everyone here, what y'all should know is that with the return to civilian rule, 'that' class of nigerians has increased in size and diversity. This I believe is the reason for the excessive bad blood shown by some folks up north who are by now experts in working the hapless masses. There should be absolutely no bad blood in this post.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2011
revomind:

Funny a** thread!

But you see I have absolutely nothing against em hausa/fulani bruvas and I do not give a rat's a** about debs and who spends the most there- Hausa govt folks or Southern fraudstas. I just want to correct auwal's fallacious yan that only hausa babes from Kaduna and Jos are liberal enuf to be on a southern bruva's d***. I got my 1st degree up north and I saw things. Pure fulani babe from katsina, father-big shot as usual, had a special liking for south-west bruvas especially. Shorty was on my **** till graduation. Beautiful babe I must say.

Namfav, kabba, murtalaa nd indeed everyone here, what y'all should know is that with the return to civilian rule, 'that' class of nigerians has increased in size and diversity. This I believe is the reason for the excessive bad blood shown by some folks up north who are by now experts in working the hapless masses. There should be absolutely no bad blood in this post.

lol a pure fulani girl who messes around with you guys, from katsina hahaha, have never heard of such, stop making things up, fulani girls are the hardest to get even for a fulani guy so share your secrets hahahahahaha rubbish
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by namfav(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't say that.

There are several Northerners in Lagos who are there to hustle and have families back in the North.

Majority of the Northern gatemen are alone in Lagos but have wives back in their villages.

That is no different from going to the West.

The reality is that these alternative education is inferior to Western one as it is less intellectually rigorous.

You cannot compare the capability of someone that attended Al Azhar to one that attended Stanford University or London School of Economics.

If there is nothing like quota system in Nigeria and things are simply based on merit and ability, then most of the people with these alternative education will not be able to compete.

Yes, Sanusi attended this place and is extremely intelligent (probably the most intelligent Nigerian I know of today that is not me  cheesy), he is an exception and he attended this institution after a solid Western education grounding.

But for every Sanusi that you produce from this alternative education stream, one can produce 20 Nigerian graduates of Western stream that are successful or world leaders. Better still, they are in a competitive market, not a quota system market.

The point is that the alternative is inferior to the Western one and, on average, the graduates of the alternative are academically inferior and will struggle, in a fair competitive environment to compete academically or intellectually with the Western graduates. This is evident in the scientific and philosophical advancement and superiority that the Western educational system demonstrates.

Even going to the Arab world, they require a lot of Western trained expatriates to run things.

you cannot compare what happens within africa to what happens outside of africa in this regard, different things, leaving home to another african country is less of a risk than going outside, it's just common sense, it takes more to go outside than to stay inside

dude stop the western education thing, it can take you to a certain distance but not all the way, one cannot settle for a western education, it does not make prospects of a good future better, the richest man in africa does not have that education, it is safer to have 2 types of education in this world anyway, western education is not everything, i just realised it becomes a waste of money if you can't compliment it, western education is a mixture of many things, yes including islamic sciences (algebra, chemistry, biology etc. are all from the islamic golden age)
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 8:24pm On May 31, 2011
Pure fulani babe from katsina, father-big shot as usual, had a special liking for south-west bruvas especially. Shorty was on my **** till graduation. Beautiful babe I must say.

possibly chadian, ebira or thereabouts, since you might not know the difference.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 8:42pm On May 31, 2011
namfav
lol a pure fulani girl who messes around with you guys, from katsina hahaha, have never heard of such, stop making things up, fulani girls are the hardest to get even for a fulani guy so share your secrets hahahahahaha rubbish

@namfav

Do you sincerely believe that ^^?  wink wink grin.  Is Nigeria the only place you have Fulani and Peuls(Mali) etc in West-Africa? I hope you realised that the majority fulani are in Guinea Conakry.  it's no big deal let alone self delusional wink. Take a trip to Niamey(Niger) or north Cameroons too, maybe you'll come away with a different viewpoint. If you desire wholesome Fula woman, you'll be better off going to places you'll have more choice. Their number in Nigeria is relatively insignificant and not exactly as attractive as people you are most likely to encounter in other West African countries. Trust me on that grin.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 8:45pm On May 31, 2011
Whats with this fula obsession
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by tpia5: 8:52pm On May 31, 2011
@ cheikh

your post wasnt directed at me, but the person in question specifically claimed the girl was pure fulani from katsina who was also a big shot's daughter.

abi na yaradua pikin im wan claim?

in his dreams perhaps.

he should first explain how he even got close enough to see her, abi was he the gateman at her house.

he didnt even say fulani from kwara, adamawa or lagos, he said katsina.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online / Guide on writing for profit using iwriter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.