Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (29437 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
AloneTK:

Is it auto or manual transmission?
Just wondering how you managed to change to neutral without stepping on the brake pedal, except it's manual.

Anyways... Thank God for life!
You can actually change from drive to neutral,on automatic transmission..

I have done that,inadvertently,sometimes..

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by temmyjoe(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hmm u brought back my long time memory, Oh God thank you for my life.

For you next building project let handle your Plumbing and Tiling work.
*WhatsApp call or chat*
+ 2 3 4 8 0 2 6 9 7 9 8 3 8
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by SportsHD: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Complete and utter garbage post. Deserves to be in the trash. Then again, considering your previous posts and your less than sensible comments and antecedents, one shouldn't expect anything reasonable from you and people like you.

You took a vehicle to the expressway, a definitely poorly maintained vehicle considering that you're the owner or driver, and then drove at speeds far above the designated speed limits, and the vehicle tyres had a blowout.

Instead of you to put 100% of the blame on yourself and your very poor decision making abilities, you decided to blame the vehicle.

Your life is just a good example of the saying "A poor workman quarrels with his tools". Every thread you make, you're putting blame on everything and everyone apart from the primary target of the blame, which is yourself.

Just take a look at the near bald tyres you decided to take to the expressway, I shudder to imagine just how terrible the condition of that car would be, with you as the owner. Frankly I don't care about you or about anything that happens to you because of your terrible decisions. My concern is for other road users and motorists who you may maim or kill with your senselessness.

My only hope is that you're the only one that would be affected if anything happens due to your lack of acuity, nobody else.

Will be waiting for your next thread where you blame Buhari for your wife not getting pregnant, or you blame your pot for your food not being tasty.

Nonsense.
You went full beast mode loll grin
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by DDayve: 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Complete and utter garbage post. Deserves to be in the trash. Then again, considering your previous posts and your less than sensible comments and antecedents, one shouldn't expect anything reasonable from you and people like you.

You took a vehicle to the expressway, a definitely poorly maintained vehicle considering that you're the owner or driver, and then drove at speeds far above the designated speed limits, and the vehicle tyres had a blowout.

Instead of you to put 100% of the blame on yourself and your very poor decision making abilities, you decided to blame the vehicle.

Your life is just a good example of the saying "A poor workman quarrels with his tools". Every thread you make, you're putting blame on everything and everyone apart from the primary target of the blame, which is yourself.

Just take a look at the near bald tyres you decided to take to the expressway, I shudder to imagine just how terrible the condition of that car would be, with you as the owner. Frankly I don't care about you or about anything that happens to you because of your terrible decisions. My concern is for other road users and motorists who you may maim or kill with your senselessness.

My only hope is that you're the only one that would be affected if anything happens due to your lack of acuity, nobody else.

Will be waiting for your next thread where you blame Buhari for your wife not getting pregnant, or you blame your pot for your food not being tasty.

Nonsense.

This guy no get joy ooo. Do you have anything personal with him?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Spain007(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

Afternoon every,did you catch the flight?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by seanjy4konji: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
You get small problem...Am sure you dont know...try be calming down...It get why...The way people deh die with high blood pressure over small things...be drinking water also...it get why
Gravatar:

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by claremont(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
daddytime:
And you didn't apportion any blame to yourself for not doing regular checks on your tire health, not even your overseeing is to be blamed in any of these?

He most likely stepped on a nail, as I did a year ago. I had a similar incident with my former car. It’s got nothing to do with checking for tire health, these tyres are within the legal limit.

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Pauladex(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Nonsense.

Alfa why are you twisting somebody's ball like this? You won kill am? Pls let him rest pis

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Bobxin: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
homeboy205:
I thank God for you. Those machine are not built for highway drive. They are mainly good in city drives only
Very funny you're all blaming the car. Oga, that car can go that limit, it all depends on who's driving it, road and maintenance.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ggreatbrian you were doing Airborne for Naija road Abi? Issokay, be at the Officer's Mess by 1900 today in your number 4, full regalia.
You'll be charged for you know what ...
grin grin grin
Thank God for your life sha. Did you later fly as you do fast and furious?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Unrated900(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
I no no how una Dey cope with Toyota self
Na so I blow 180 few days ago for that ore to ondo road with one of my friend Toyota Camry 09.

Na so the motor Dey vibrate for road like blender machine wey tiger generator power
He no reach 2 seconds na so one mad Glk pass me with ease.
Me Dey drag the Camry Dey go

The Glk guy just pass like say na jet overtake pencil light for osubi airport

Benz any day anytime.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Carparts888(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
Brother please go easy on him
Gravatar:

Nonsense.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by highoctane: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
Swear no b kalukalu tyre wey u buy at Bodija u dey use?
Lesson on tyre, there are in city tyre pressure and off city tyre pressure or psi.
For example, you can drive with a psi of 45 or 50 within the city, but as you head off to a high way, example Lagos to Ibadan, please go to your nearest vulcanizer and reduce it down to 35psi, at 35psi on a hot tar the tyre pressure will rise to over 65 to 70psi.
When you drive off at 45psi with your city drive psi value , at hot tar, your tyre pressure will hover between 70 to 95psi, bang bang that's what may occur when you don't expect it. DON'T PATRONIZE OLD TYRES SELLER'S. Wear Your Seat Belt Always It Saves Life. Please I stand to be corrected. That what I do, and I learnt it from a former Michelin vulcanizer.

5 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by nafisu: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2021
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

...all UNSTABLE vehicles...SUV''s of any description are never for speed. Speed belongs to cars..

See as I dey laff you.

Have you been on the wheel of any of those cars?

Excuse me, those cars are more trusted when it comes to speed and safety than most cars of any type on Nigerian roads.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by fabienjoe: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

See as I dey laff you.

Have you been on the wheel of any of those cars?

Excuse me, those cars are more trusted when it comes to speed and safety than most cars of any type on Nigerian roads.

You need to read (and understand) more about cars..

4 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by bravehost4u(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2021
Some people go still blame buhari
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by vabok(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
See him slippers... Liar!
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by lonelydora: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

Most mistake Nigerians always make is assuming that a Toyota corolla badged as "Sport" can do what a V6 or V8 engine does.

Na God save you o.

So did you finally catch your flight?

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by lezz(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

Toyota fibre corolla no go survive with 150 km/h when tyre burst. Na 80 km/h you dey.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by captainking(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

thank God for your life bro,...

next time...check your tire regulary

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by femi4: 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

Reckless drivers will always put the blame on car manufacturers. Doctors always say use as prescribed because they understand what abuse can lead to.

You almost end your life with overspeeding, las las you didn't make the appointment. It's better to get there late than to be LATE
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
The speed was too much. Thank God for your life.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Pumpumking: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

angry
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Pumpumking: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

but how dose this story help anybody to chase women on nairaland sir.....so we should feel sorry for tyre?
are u ok sir?(no oofense)
angry
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by lezz(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

I think the point is made that the blowout had nothing to do with the Corolla. The culprit is the poor state of the tyre coupled with the excessive speed which points back to the owner (driver) of the car. In fact the Corolla actually deserves credit for not flipping over but remained controllable in that highly unstable situation..But the name-calling is unnecessary..
the corolla wasn't doing 140/150 km/h when the blowout occured. Dat one na lie.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by femi4: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
nairabacks:
Remember doing 140 some years back in an older model Corolla...the engine block cracked.
The temptation is always there but when you remember that you are on a Nigerian road, you'll think twice
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Eriokanmi: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

Asare tete, ko ni koja ile...even with 110 steady speed, you would have made it to the airport on time because the larger portion of the lagos ibadan highway is very good. Thank God you did not do the acrobatic display because at 140, you risk fatal mishap when a tyre gets burst, Hope you were able to catch the flight though.

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by creepsyme(f): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

For whatever reason I refuse to believe he's saying the truth.
Plus his sandal in the picture above looked more like a cab driver and not one rushing to the airport to catch a flight.

Nonsense.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

You need to read (and understand) more about cars..

You need that advice more...

Listen, when discussing or arguing, always take the premise of argument into consideration.
FYI, those cars I listed have balance than most cars, or are you thinkimg because they are high, that they don't have balance?

Why do you think it is called "S"UV?
And what does the "S" stands for?

You can go ahead and race with a Toyota Camry or Corolla against a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VXL/VXR on a highway in Nigeria.
Or a Lexus es350 against a lexus GL500.
Or use a MB c300/e350 against a MB SUV(I don't want to mention any particular one).

I pity you in advance especially in advent of a sudden pothole. grin cheesy

Thank you.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by creepsyme(f): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

For whatever reason I refuse to believe he's saying the truth.
Plus his sandal in the picture above looked more like a cab driver and not one rushing to the airport to catch a flight.

Nonsense.
For one, I refuse to believe his story is not cooked up.
Plus his sandal in the picture look more like that of cab driver.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Tomilola360: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Nonsense.

You should be sent to a correctional center to talk some sense into senseless beings. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun / How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.