Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (29413 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by creepsyme(f): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope
And why does your sandal look like that of a cab driver!
Keep lying God will see us.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

Well I help you thank God that you didnt get yourself involve in an accident.
The least speed for road travelers should be 70-100 anything above that is suicide..
Were you able to catch up with the flight.?

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by ariesbull: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
Unrated900:
I no no how una Dey cope with Toyota self
Na so I blow 180 few days ago for that ore to ondo road with one of my friend Toyota Camry 09.

Na so the motor Dey vibrate for road like blender machine wey tiger generator power
He no reach 2 seconds na so one mad Glk pass me with ease.
Me Dey drag the Camry Dey go

The Glk guy just pass like say na jet overtake pencil light for osubi airport

Benz any day anytime.

Very useless car .. I am sticking with Benz....it's crazy especially these corrola folk
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by wajaja: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
Since I have been driving I have never gone beyond 80. Once it goes beyond 80, I comot my leg. That's why I can't drive long journey. I learnt my lesson hard way..

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by ariesbull: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
nairabacks:
Remember doing 140 some years back in an older model Corolla...the engine block cracked.
Toyota is a crazy car

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Emmanuel909090: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

You are very stupid to blame it on corolla, the corolla saved your life, most cars would have somersaulted, and you are here typing rubbish instead of thanking God and the corolla for saving your life.

Next time buy new tyres and not expired weak tyres olodo.

You are supposed to be a dead man, bingo, my anger is the op never realize if na some other car em for dea mortuary now. Olodo op

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by fabienjoe: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

You need that advice more...

Listen, when discussing or arguing, always take the premise of argument into consideration.
FYI, those cars I listed have balance than most cars, or are you thinkimg because they are high, that they don't have balance?

Why do you think it is called "S"UV?
And what does the "S" stands for?

You can go ahead and race with a Toyota Camry or Corolla against a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VXL/VXR on a highway in Nigeria.
Or a Lexus es350 against a lexus GL500.
Or use a MB c300/e350 against a MB SUV(I don't want to mention any particular one).

I pity you in advance especially in advent of a sudden pothole. grin cheesy

Thank you.

For the final time,no one makes SUV's with speed and handling in mind..

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Commotfornigeri: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
SportsHD:
140-150? You sound like one of my roommates in Abuja. He's a speed freak. I can never be in a car where the driver goes further than 100-110.

Why didn't you leave ibadan earlier? And, I hope you met the flight?

It's not about speed, but road conditions.

Sometimes fast is safer than slow, but road conditions tell it all.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Uncleodi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

I hope you didn't miss your flight
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Commotfornigeri: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

speed? no

Handling? Yes.

I drive an SUV and it handles better in snow or mud. There are more 4x4/AWD SUVs than you can find in sedans.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by PAQ(m): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
you either stepped on a nail or you have neglected that car to the point of not getting her a good pair of tires. either one, you should be grateful to your car for keeping you safe. I will advice you to sell off the Corolla and buy that Audi on your mind. As it is, your mind don commot from that car, nothing it will do will please you and you will continue to neglect it.

dispose of it before your neglect leads to it disposing you!

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Adulphus(m): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

It wasn't about the speed. The tyre was bad but you didn't notice.
I do over 100KMP on my V6 engine when I enter lonely roads.

Doxology you're safe.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Emmanuel909090: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
nairabacks:
Remember doing 140 some years back in an older model Corolla...the engine block cracked.

You already had a bad engine, probably no oil, dont balme it on corolla but your bad maintenane culture.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Paswill(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hahaha!!

You oversped on worn-out tires, had a burst tire and turn around to blame corolla? Did corolla ask you to do 140 or na dem manufacture the tire?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by streetsoldier1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

Only benz, peugeot and Audi are built for that kinda stunt. Pele, hope you were able to meet up with flight. Just pack for Ojota and take okada to ikeja.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Life no get part 2
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

The problem is not the poor corolla, the problem is the tire. If u use this same expired tire on a Mercedes Benz E class this same thing would still have happened and might even become worse for u, because with more power comes more responsibilities, with the benz u would be tempted to go faster and tire busting at higher speed means higher risk.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by AloneTK: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
You can actually change from drive to neutral,on automatic transmission..

I have done that,inadvertently,sometimes..

Ok. Thanks.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:
You're to be blamed.

There are certain cars you don't go above 120 with.

With cars like Toyota land cruiser Prado, Lexus GL series, MB GLK and co, that is just a sweet cruise on a highway.

Money good sha grin cheesy

A Toyota corolla sport will comfortably do 160km/hr, albeit at higher rpm but the car will do it comfortably. OP's car just had a worn out tire. I won't advice anyone to do beyond 120-130 on any Nigerian highway though.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

...all UNSTABLE vehicles...SUV''s of any description are never for speed. Speed belongs to cars..

This is what many people don't know. They think Suv's are for speeds. SUV's generally have higher chances of rolling over when u lose control, this is why they are not meant for speed. Only a few select ones.

3 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
fabienjoe:

Like seriously?
Are you a car maker?
You're funny aswear. grin cheesy

Porsche Cayenne is made with what in mind?

Do you know alot of SUVs are actually faster than some sport cars? If that is the case, what do they have in mind when they are making them.

I don't want to be rude because you're constructive in your argument, I would have said you are dumb for making that assertion(or statement).

A quick check on it before you make that statement would have been proper.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by SarkinYarki: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
You carry tokunboh tyre de do 140 and now you want to blame corrola
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
abatically:

A Toyota corolla sport will comfortably do 160km/hr, albeit at higher rpm but the car will do it comfortably. OP's car just had a worn out tire. I won't advice anyone to do beyond 120-130 on any Nigerian highway though.

The argument is "will it do it better than those SUVs I listed?"

E.G Porsche Cayenne, MB GLK series, Lexus GL series, Prado VXL/VXR, Crosstour, BMW X5/X6, GMC SUVs and the likes?
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
abatically:

This is what many people don't know. They think Suv's are for speeds. SUV's generally have higher chances of rolling over when u lose control, this is why they are not meant for speed. Only a few select ones.

Bro, some are made for speed abeg, make una no dey argue wetin I don't know.

The makers consider speed when producing some of it.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Like seriously?
Are you a car maker?
You're funny aswear. grin cheesy

Porsche Cayenne is made with what in mind?

Do you know alot of SUVs are actually faster than some sport cars? If that is the case, what do they have in mind when they are making them.

I don't want to be rude because you're constructive in your argument, I would have said you are dumb for making that assertion(or statement).

A quick check on it before you make that statement would have been proper.

Only select SUV's are made for speed. Most of them are not. They are just cruisers or to carry families, while some are just luxurious. Because of their height and higher ground clearance most of them are unsafe at taking corners at high speed.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
abatically:

Only select SUV's are made for speed. Most of them are not. They are just cruisers or to carry families, while some are just luxurious. Because of their height and higher ground clearance most of them are unsafe at taking corners at high speed.

You agreed some are made for speed but the other guy said no SUV is made with speed in mind.

So, I will drop the argument since you have agreed with the point.

Peace ✌

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Bro, some are made for speed abeg, make una no dey argue wetin I don't know.

The makers consider speed when producing some of it.

I clearly said only a few select ones. U can't put a Lexus GX470 on the road and think it would outrun a Honda accord. v6 just because the Lexus is V8. That Lexus weighs a lot and its awkwardly tall, not good for aerodynamics and definitely not good for speed.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by EFFIONGPRAISE1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
IT is a pity. Sorry! But you were supposed to check if the tyres were fit to ride on the before embarking on the journey. Just thank and give testimony to GOD for saving your life & i want to let you know that God has a purpose for saving you life.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Emola12(m): 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
U no well maybe nah me send u go drive fast and furious9 (God save u nah heaven u for go drive the remaining one
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by seniorgozman(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
I am not a fan of Toyota, but this is not the fault of the car but the owner
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by 147ekinmogun(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Unrated900:
I no no how una Dey cope with Toyota self
Na so I blow 180 few days ago for that ore to ondo road with one of my friend Toyota Camry 09.

Na so the motor Dey vibrate for road like blender machine wey tiger generator power
He no reach 2 seconds na so one mad Glk pass me with ease.
Me Dey drag the Camry Dey go

The Glk guy just pass like say na jet overtake pencil light for osubi airport

Benz any day anytime.
Ore-Ondo road na very narrow road o bros
Abeg no dey do 180kmph again there.Accident no go be our portion.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by greatbrian(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
SportsHD:
140-150? You sound like one of my roommates in Abuja. He's a speed freak. I can never be in a car where the driver goes further than 100-110.

Why didn't you leave ibadan earlier? And, I hope you met the flight?

I even spent more time in Lagos traffic than in Lagos Ibadan express way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.