Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (29403 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2021
Erm, I did not say he is lying but erm, can a car, specifically corrolla survive a blow out at 140/150?

I don't think so oo!
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by VicM6: 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
u go buy tyre wey don expire come here dey blame toyota..... kuku go buy AMG na or range rover then drive am enter 150 make we see wetin go happen.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
BabaIbo:

Why are you using GX470? Even at that, them no be mate, if that accord or corolla runs up to certain speed, it becomes light and as such very risky.

I specifically used a Lexus GX470 as an example and u still tried to claim that it is faster than the accord V6 of the same year, and I just proved it to u. I didn't mention Porsche Cayenne because I know it is built to be fast and has better aerodynamics, same with the BMW X6. But u claimed the Lexus is faster because it has a v8 engine.

BabaIbo:

What you don't know is what it lacks in weight, it gains it via the engine work/efficiency.
On a very high speed, you won't even feel the heaviness, because it would have balanced out, unlike the other that becomes lighter and dangerous because it may skid off the road due to lack of balance.

Why do you think most superfast cars carry v8 engines as their basic?

Again u are wrong. The weight of the car has a lot to play on how fast it can go. This is why smaller cars with less horsepower will go faster than many heavier cars with more horsepower. Why do u think a Kawasaki zzr1400 with 190hp is a lot faster than a BMW X6 v8 with 445hp? Its because the damn bike is a whole lot lighter. The bike will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds while the v8 X6 will do it in about 5 seconds. The bike will do quarter mile in 9.5 secs while the X6 will do it in 13.8secs. The bike will max out at 185mph while the x6 v8 will max out at 155mph. Why do u think this is possible? Its the weight coupled with how they are tuned.

And u ask why do supercars carry v8? of course they have to carry big engines because bigger engines means bigger speed (when every other things like shape, weight and aerodynamics remain the same). You should be asking urself why supercars are built with carbon fiber instead of steel used in regular cars. Why they have alcantera seats instead of leather. Why they don't have back seats. All these things are to reduce their weight. If u put a ferrari engine in an SUV do u still think that suv will be as fast as the ferrari? lol. If u pick 2 super cars with similar engines and transmission, one built out of steel with back seats and leather, while the other is built out of carbon fiber with alcantera and no back seat, which one do u think will be faster? Also u need to realize that suv's have higher ground clearance which is not good for speed. Have u asked urself why fast cars have very low ground clearance?

BabaIbo:

I am still standing on my point that a Prado vxr/vxl will outrun a accord or corolla when handled by drivers with equal driving proficiencies.
Bro, dem no be mate abeg, seeing and testing is believing in this case. No be by typing on Nairaland.

A prado? Dude this must be a joke. Even a full sized landcruiser with all its v8 is not a fast car. U must be a comedian. Kuku talk say Toyota Sequoia will outrun a 2010 VW golf GTI because the Toyota carry v8 with all its 6000lb weight.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2021
abatically:

I specifically used a Lexus GX470 as an example and u still tried to claim that it is faster than the accord V6 of the same year, and I just proved it to u. I didn't mention Porsche Cayenne because I know it is built to be fast and has better aerodynamics, same with the BMW X6. But u claimed the Lexus is faster because it has a v8 engine.

Again u are wrong. The weight of the car has a lot to play on how fast it can go. This is why smaller cars with less horsepower will go faster than many heavier cars with more horsepower. Why do u think a Kawasaki zzr1400 with 190hp is a lot faster than a BMW X6 v8 with 445hp? Its because the damn bike is a whole lot lighter. The bike will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds while the v8 X6 will do it in about 5 seconds. The bike will do quarter mile in 9.5 secs while the X6 will do it in 13.8secs. The bike will max out at 185mph while the x6 v8 will max out at 155mph. Why do u think this is possible? Its the weight coupled with how they are tuned.

And u ask why do supercars carry v8? of course they have to carry big engines because bigger engines means bigger speed (when every other things like shape, weight and aerodynamics remain the same). You should be asking urself why supercars are built with carbon fiber instead of steel used in regular cars. Why they have alcantera seats instead of leather. Why they don't have back seats. All these things are to reduce their weight. If u put a ferrari engine in an SUV do u still think that suv will be as fast as the ferrari? lol. If u pick 2 super cars with similar engines and transmission, one built out of steel with back seats and leather, while the other is built out of carbon fiber with alcantera and no back seat, which one do u think will be faster? Also u need to realize that suv's have higher ground clearance which is not good for speed. Have u asked urself why fast cars have very low ground clearance?

A prado? Dude this must be a joke. Even a full sized landcruiser with all its v8 is not a fast car. U must be a comedian. Kuku talk say Toyota Sequoia will outrun a 2010 VW golf GTI because the Toyota carry v8 with all its 6000lb weight.

Just carry the prado, enter corner....... Watch the GTI, navigate with ease....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
For the folks talking about tyres and all, that's a picture of the car before I travelled with it in the mechanics place to check all checkables. Tyres, changed break pads etc. As a fact I left ekiti for Ibadan 9pm Sunday and the car was without a stain I even did 130+ on the sick Ife Ibadan road.

Did the mechanic check the wear tread indicator ?.....

Or simply took off and put it back on........ Nigerian mechanics, don't understand the rudiments of tyre safety........... cheesy
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:

How real is this? Talking of the images
very. Every tyre has information that can save your life if you take your time to study what you pit on your car. I have a video explaining every letter and number on your tyre to help make an informed decision on what to buy
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Coolgent(m): 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
greatbrian:
This happened yesterday morning, I had a flight to catch at the airport by 9 and I left Ibadan past 7 with my Toyota corolla sport. Las las Ibadan traffic dey mild and as I entered that Lagos Ibadan express way oboy Audi mode activated. I was doing around 140 to 150 when I heard a loud bang and gbagbagbagbagbahba. In sub seconds my brain processed that na tyre and if I match break oboy the car go start acrobatic display. Las las I drag gear for neutral and car came to stop after few seconds. Damaged my bumper, sand protector and some part of the rim.

Next time I will make sure I don't go above 100 with a corolla that's if there will be a next time with one.

And the breaking system is just so stupid and all. I wonder how corolla lovers cope

Though i dont like Toyota but lets do justice...
Your tyre look old o grin
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Unrated900(m): 12:07am On Sep 22, 2021
147ekinmogun:
Ore-Ondo road na very narrow road o bros
Abeg no dey do 180kmph again there.Accident no go be our portion.

Amen my guy
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by princewarri1985: 1:30am On Sep 22, 2021
You are not supposed to blame the car or tyres but yourself for over speeding, because you're playing betnaija with your life, you're very lucky, i was also speed freak like you too untill an ugly experience i had change all that, you ought to have left home early when you know you had a flight to catch at 9am! Let me share my story, i drove to benin for a friend traditional marriage, after the marriage, it was already dark when i got back to warri, and i was driving at a very high speed, because i was rushing home in order not to miss my favourite programe on zone reality called forensic detective and FBI files, i was on high speed because i was very familiar with the road, but unknown to me a private school just constructed a speed breaker, i had my full headlight on and i saw it and i knew the car was going to samasault if i applied the break at once so i did it gradually with experience and i went through the bump hit my face so hard on the steering, and my face had to be stitched, that day i stop speding
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Phaaarm(m): 4:20am On Sep 22, 2021
Thank your goodness
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by 9icetoo(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

You have tried I swear. I don't know where Nigerians got the notion that weight equals balance. I don't know. All track cars are made as light as possible with composite materials. Even a Lamborghini urus will struggle at corners compared to an F1 car which is lighter. Where then is the advantage conferred by weight in terms of balance? What does he really understand by balance?
I don't know how speed makes vehicles lighter. Is there another law of physics that affects their mass? Aerodynamics may play a role on how much traction a cars tyre can provide at very high speeds but beyond that, nothing. People keep confusing steering feedback with weight perception.
Weight (mass) is a killer when it comes to changing a cars direction. The heavier cars (Prados, land cruisers) will skid easily or require larger turning circles or angles at speed than a lighter car all other things (tyre condition, road condition etc) being equal. Heavier cars tend to have longer stopping distances. Lighter cara stop better. I do not see the advantage weight confers on cars with regards to "balance", speed or cornering ability. Instead, it's a disadvantage.

F1 cars will corner and accelerate faster than any heavy SUV because it is lighter even though the F1 car has a far smaller sized engine.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

You are moving away from the point of argument and also doing selective argument bro.

The argument were "some SUVs are faster than cars" and "some SUVs are made with speed in mind"

Since you're leaving Porsche cayenne, bmw X6 etc., just to have an easy argument.

Why don't you mention a slow or small car in comparison to GX470 or sequila?

This argument will keep going back and forth if it continues, except you don't want to accept the fact.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

You are moving away from the point of argument and also doing selective argument bro.

The argument were "some SUVs are faster than cars" and "some SUVs are made with speed in mind"

Since you're leaving Porsche cayenne, bmw X6 etc., just to have an easy argument.

Why don't you mention a slow or small car in comparison to GX470 or sequila?

This argument will keep going back and forth if it continues, except you don't want to accept the fact.

There is nothing to argue since u think a Prado is a fast car that will outrun a V6 accord. The Prado doesn't even come in V8 with all it's wight.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2021
9icetoo:

You have tried I swear. I don't know where Nigerians got the notion that weight equals balance. I don't know. All track cars are made as light as possible with composite materials. Even a Lamborghini urus will struggle at corners compared to an F1 car which is lighter. Where then is the advantage conferred by weight in terms of balance? What does he really understand by balance?
I don't know how speed makes vehicles lighter. Is there another law of physics that affects their mass? Aerodynamics may play a role on how much traction a cars tyre can provide at very high speeds but beyond that, nothing. People keep confusing steering feedback with weight perception.
Weight (mass) is a killer when it comes to changing a cars direction. The heavier cars (Prados, land cruisers) will skid easily or require larger turning circles or angles at speed than a lighter car all other things (tyre condition, road condition etc) being equal. Heavier cars tend to have longer stopping distances. Lighter cara stop better. I do not see the advantage weight confers on cars with regards to "balance", speed or cornering ability. Instead, it's a disadvantage.

F1 cars will corner and accelerate faster than any heavy SUV because it is lighter even though the F1 car has a far smaller sized engine.

I just don't know why many Nigerians think the heavier the car the better the handling. It's so confusing. The best handling cars are the ones with lighter weight. I understand the corollas, camrys, accrods and many everyday sedans don't handle well because they are not built to. But there are some small fun cars like the Mazda Miata, golf GTI, Honda civic type R etc that handle very well as small as they are. But how can someone think a Toyota sequoia that handles like a truck is balanced at top speed just because it has a big as$ V8 engine.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

There is nothing to argue since u think a Prado is a fast car that will outrun a V6 accord. The Prado doesn't even come in V8 with all it's wight.

Prado doesn't come with v8?

See as I dey laff you.

You don't know and you don't want to know.

Land cruiser Prado comes with v8 and that is why I specifically mentioned vxl or vxr, not TX or txl.

I'm done with this argument.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Prado doesn't come with v8?

See as I dey laff you.

You don't know and you don't want to know.

Land cruiser Prado comes with v8 and that is why I specifically mentioned vxl or vxr, not TX or txl.

I'm done with this argument.

Oga, pls show me a Landcruiser Prado that carries a V8 engine. Don't be done with the argument just yet. Prado's come with I4 and V6, never seen one with a V8. So if u have link to any one with V8 let us know.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by PAQ(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Smiles, you are trying to be smart here but it won't work man.

Why don't you use Porsche cayenne or BMW X6 that are not high or heavy as Lexus GX470 in your analysis?

Why are you using GX470? Even at that, them no be mate, if that accord or corolla runs up to certain speed, it becomes light and as such very risky.

What you don't know is what it lacks in weight, it gains it via the engine work/efficiency.
On a very high speed, you won't even feel the heaviness, because it would have balanced out, unlike the other that becomes lighter and dangerous because it may skid off the road due to lack of balance.

Why do you think most superfast cars carry v8 engines as their basic?

I am still standing on my point that a Prado vxr/vxl will outrun a accord or corolla when handled by drivers with equal driving proficiencies.
Bro, dem no be mate abeg, seeing and testing is believing in this case. No be by typing on Nairaland.

You sure say you dey drive?

Bros no vex, carry Corolla out of this argument. That 130hp will not carry it anywhere close to any of the cars mentioned. If you like strip the car naked to curb weight it will not fly.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by PAQ(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Erm, I did not say he is lying but erm, can a car, specifically corrolla survive a blow out at 140/150?

I don't think so oo!

it will but depending on factors such as;
1. Driving experience
2. condition of the car
3. condition of the road

Corollas are cheap, but very well built with above average crash test result.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

Oga, pls show me a Landcruiser Prado that carries a V8 engine. Don't be done with the argument just yet. Prado's come with I4 and V6, never seen one with a V8. So if u have link to any one with V8 let us know.

Request granted...

Just talk say you never see am before.

I guess you're one of those that follow all these online stories without proper research.

It is not a hearsay, I have taken uncountable rides inside that particular one, that's why I'm certain of the V8.

FYI, most times, they are always limited edition, more reasons they are not common.

I dey work, I for post the pic but let me try searching online for a link or sample.

Check the link below. Remove the all the * signs to get the full link, you can find them in ht tps, www, and in between google.

htt*ps://w*ww.go***ogle.com/amp/s/www.cardekho.com/overview/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado_2009-2013/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado_2009-2013_V8.htm%3famp=1

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Request granted...

Just talk say you never see am before.

I guess you're one of those that follow all these online stories without proper research.

It is not a hearsay, I have taken uncountable rides inside that particular one, that's why I'm certain of the V8.

FYI, most times, they are always limited edition, more reasons they are not common.

I dey work, I for post the pic but let me try searching online for a link or sample.

Check the link below. Remove the all the * signs to get the full link, you can find them in ht tps, www, and in between google.

htt*ps://w*ww.go***ogle.com/amp/s/www.cardekho.com/overview/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado_2009-2013/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado_2009-2013_V8.htm%3famp=1

grin grin lol. So u expect me to take this website seriously? The same website that said the Prado is V8 still said it has 4 cylinders lol. So how does a V8 also equate to 4 cylinders. Bros u can do better. Show me a reputable source that a Prado has V8

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
PAQ:

Bros no vex, carry Corolla out of this argument. That 130hp will not carry it anywhere close to any of the cars mentioned. If you like strip the car naked to curb weight it will not fly.

I taya o, I think you should tell that to the guy I quoted because he is the one that hyped corolla to that level.

I was wondering if it is not the same corolla sport wey we all know, na im this guy dey hype sey e go run pass those cars I mentioned, but then I decided to keel the argument because e no go wan gree.

I remember a particular journey, that we were trying to overtake that same car(corolla sport) but the driver was forming stubborn.
So we were just following him jejely because the road no dey clear for overtaken, trailers full everywhere, the thing vexed me ehn, you know that scenario wey you go wan overtake someone but e go move block the lil space, if you move to the other side, e will do the same thing.

When we got to a clear road, we moved to the other lane/side and raised the speed slightly, meanwhile the corolla man dey form vin diesel i.e e don balance well, come raise him speed to a point where the vibration of his vehicle was glaring.
Meanwhile, the Prado was moving on a cruise and we no even feel like say we overtake anything or we were running on a high speed, we overtook him with ease, nobody tell the man to slow down after we overtook his car.

Even travellers with hummer buses(including empty ones and co etc., don't drag the road with that car.

If I never experience am before, I won't be arguing over it.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

grin grin lol. So u expect me to take this website seriously? The same website that said the Prado is V8 still said it has 4 cylinders lol. So how does a V8 also equate to 4 cylinders. Bros u can do better. Show me a reputable source that a Prado has V8

You be Olodo, I feel like telling you to geraot.

You are arguing over what you don't know.

So you don't know a V6 car has two rolls of 3 cylinders engine, while V8 has 2 rolls of 4 cylinders engine?

It is the way that they are arranged that gave rise to the "V" in their names.

Normally, they will write 4 cylinders meaning it has double of it.
Do you expect that car to have only 4 cylinders when v6 no get 4 but 6?

Chai, and I have been wasting my time arguing with you.

Abeg, go rest.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

So you don't know a V6 car has two rolls of 3 cylinders engine, while V8 has 2 rolls of 4 cylinders engine?

Abeg, go rest.

Ok, I be olodo. Now u that know still haven't shown me a Prado with V8. The picture I posted is enough to show u the owner of that website doesn't know what he is doing. How can a V8 have 4 cylinders? And yes a lot of Prados are I4. Others are V6. Still haven't seen a V8.

3 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Jemmycool(f): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
wink Thank God for ur life
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

Ok, I be olodo. Now u that know still haven't shown me a Prado with V8. The picture I posted is enough to show u the owner of that website doesn't know what he is doing. How can a V8 have 4 cylinders? And yes a lot of Prados are I4. Others are V6. Still haven't seen a V8.

Keyword: Two ROLLS of 4 cylinders makes a V8.

Bro, make check on line about v8s.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Keyword: Two ROLLS of 4 cylinders makes a V8.

Bro, make check on line about v8s.

Lol, dude u have a lot to learn seriously. So ur telling me a V6 will be 3 cylinders then, in ur own words 2 rolls of 3 cylinders lmao.

Anyway let me use the same website that u used earlier. This is a Prado with number or cylinders written as 6. So by ur logic this has to be 2 rolls of 6 cylinders making it a v12 lol. Abi Toyota also made a v12 Prado.

1 Like

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

Lol, dude u have a lot to learn seriously. So ur telling me a V6 will be 3 cylinders then, in ur own words 2 rolls of 3 cylinders lmao.

Anyway let me use the same website that u used earlier. This is a Prado with number or cylinders written as 6. So by ur logic this has to be 2 rolls of 6 cylinders making it a v12 lol. Abi Toyota also made a v12 Prado.

Check this out, and also go through the comment, you will someone like you that claimed it doesn't exist until someone replied him.
https://fastestlaps.com/models/toyota-land-cruiser-prado-v8

MAYBE when I get home, I will take pictures of the vehicle and post it here.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Check this out, and also go through the comment, you will someone like you that claimed it doesn't exist until someone replied him.
https://fastestlaps.com/models/toyota-land-cruiser-prado-v8

MAYBE when I get home, I will take pictures of the vehicle and post it here.

I checked the thread, I saw people ask the OP to delete the thread because there is no Prado V8. I didn't see anyone replied him that there is one. You do realize that is a blog right, so some things u see there are not verified. Just like on Nairaland forum, u posting that there's a V8 prado without proof. Someone else might put this on google and google will lead him to this thread where u claimed there's a v8 Prado.

Just show me any V8 prado for sale, or the specs from a reputable website, not some blogs.

Unless of course u are talking about the Lexus GX470 which is what is sold in the US instead of Prado. Those ones come with v8, same body frame, similar body design with slight diferences, most mostly same cars expect for the engine.
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
abatically:

I checked the thread, I saw people ask the OP to delete the thread because there is no Prado V8. I didn't see anyone replied him that there is one. You do realize that is a blog right, so some things u see there are not verified. Just like on Nairaland forum, u posting that there's a V8 prado without proof. Someone else might put this on google and google will lead him to this thread where u claimed there's a v8 Prado.

Just show me any V8 prado for sale, or the specs from a reputable website, not some blogs.

You are being selective here, you only choose what suits you or your argument, not minding if it is right or wrong.

Note the time frame between the two comments.
I told you the V8 engine may be a limited edition or a pimped version just like Maybach Benz etc.

It is something I have seen, not hearsay or online stuff.

Anyway, you are free to believe whatever you choose to believe.

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by abatically(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

You are being selective here, you only choose what suits you or your argument, not minding if it is right or wrong.

Note the time frame between the two comments.
I told you the V8 engine may be a limited edition or a pimped version just like Maybach Benz etc.

It is something I have seen, not hearsay or online stuff.

Anyway, you are free to believe whatever you choose to believe.

Limited edition? I still no agree. Pimped version? This one is possible, any car can be modified and engines swapped.

The only thing close to a Prado with v8 is Lexus GX
Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by Gravatar: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Abeg, go rest.

Lol, there is a word for the part in bold. The word is circumlocution. Using many words to try to confuse the person you're arguing with, that you're right and he's wrong, especially when you know you just scored an own goal and made a major mistake that defeats your own argument.

The Japanese refer to it as "saving face"

I've read all your posts on this thread, and the brutal truth is that you have a lot of half baked knowledge about automobiles, the kind of person that would see a Mercedes Benz vehicle on the road, then go home and tell someone he saw a "4Matic" car on the road.

The kind of person that would beat his chest and proclaim that "Benz no dey somersault", and that someone doing 140 Miles per hour in a Benz would be faster than someone doing 140 Miles per hour in a Corolla.

Go and enlighten yourself on automotive matters. Read to form objective positions on automotive issues, not to make all sorts of false claims and then be searching the internet up and down for posts by people like you, to back you up.

Either learn from my post, or let your ego prevent you from seeing the sense in it and attack the post, which would be in vain, frankly. No further responses from me.

2 Likes

Re: My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway by BabaIbo: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Gravatar:

Lol, there is a word for the part in bold. The word is circumlocution. Using many words to try to confuse the person you're arguing with, that you're right and he's wrong, especially when you know you just scored an own goal and made a major mistake that defeats your own argument.

The Japanese refer to it as "saving face"

I've read all your posts on this thread, and the brutal truth is that you have a lot of half baked knowledge about automobiles, the kind of person that would see a Mercedes Benz vehicle on the road, then go home and tell someone he saw a "4Matic" car on the road.

The kind of person that would beat his chest and proclaim that "Benz no dey somersault", and that someone doing 140 Miles per hour in a Benz would be faster than someone doing 140 Miles per hour in a Corolla.

Go and enlighten yourself on automotive matters. Read to form objective positions on automotive issues, not to make all sorts of false claims and then be searching the internet up and down for posts by people like you, to back you up.

Either learn from my post, or let your ego prevent you from seeing the sense in it and attack the post, which would be in vain, frankly. No further responses from me.

Ignored

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.