Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. (2163 Views)

What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? / See What These Two IMSU First Class Graduates Received At Their Induction. / Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by lajid: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2021
Hi everyone, trust you’re great.

So I’ve been thinking lately regarding the topic above. It happened that I graduated recently, result was out last week and I did graduate with a first class by God’s grace.
Hopefully I’ll be going for service soon.

But then, when you look around and tell people you’re on first class (before I did graduate with it), you hear people saying “oh na first class no dey get job pass self”, “who first class epp”, and all sort.

I know it doesn’t mean you’ll get everything your way but common, I can’t just fold my hands and not read when I know I can.

Also, there’s this pressure on first class graduates, people would expect you to get going after service, people are monitoring you to see how you fare and waiting to use you as a point of discussion when things go wrong.

So to the first class graduates and those with 2.1, how did you make good use of your grade. I’ll love to hear it.

P.S: To the “comot here, go learn a skill” gang, I’m doing pretty well for my self. Currently earn 6 figures in naira from my online biz. So abeg I’m asking only for advice.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Clementoons: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
Which school bro
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by captainbangz: 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
lajid:

So I’ve been thinking lately regarding the topic above. It happened that I graduated recently, result was out last week and I did graduate with a first class by God’s grace.

But then, when you look around and tell people you’re on first class (before I did graduate with it), you hear people saying “oh na first class no dey get job pass self”, “who first class epp”, and all sort.

I know it doesn’t mean you’ll get everything your way but common, I can’t just fold my hands and not read when I know I can.

Also, there’s this pressure on first class graduates, people would expect you to get going after service, people are monitoring you to see how you fare and waiting to use you as a point of discussion when things go wrong.

So to the first class graduates and those with 2.1, how did you make good use of your grade. I’ll love to hear it.

P.S: To the “comot here, go learn a skill” gang, I’m doing pretty well for my self. Currently earn 6 figures in naira from my online biz.
I totally understand, even right here in 200level, they have started monitoring...oh God, help me!
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Ademola47(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
Let me book a seat to read coming comments.
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by BornorBang: 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
grin grin
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by lajid: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
captainbangz:
I totally understand, even right here in 200level, they have started monitoring...oh God, help me!

Not easy but give it your best.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by OnlineInvestmen(m): 6:52am On Sep 26, 2021
Hey lagid.. Gud Mrni bro..

I'm also a graduate of microbiology, with a 2.2....

I felt my chances of getting a job would b slim so I jumped on tailoring..

At least, sales are trickling in.. Buh please I would need something a Lil tangible if I'm not gonna b asking for too much..

Can u put me thru on domain flipping
Please bro.. I really need help
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by xammax(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2021
OnlineInvestmen:

At least, sales are trickling in.. Buh please I would need something a Lil tangible if I'm not gonna b asking for too much..

I think there’s a thread on domain flipping, here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Brightale(f): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Soo true, like gisting about first class in the area that are not living well, and comparing them with those that learned taloring, and own a shop. Well, they are not around anymore them around anymore, I know one that went for is PhD in China. Even as an undergraduate, you see people telling you about graduates in the area that are Keke napep or okada riders, without asking, someone would just raise the topic, some would joke about people courses. They like moving with you, and after graduation, everyone would be asking what are you doing now, just to console themselves of failing jamb. Someone was even thinking God he failed jamb 3 times, instead of wasting money to school and end up like us, can you imagine. I thank God the struggle was temporarily, and also for showing us our enemies.
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Hahjascho(m): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2021
lajid:

P.S: To the “comot here, go learn a skill” gang, I’m doing pretty well for my self. Currently earn 6 figures in naira from my online biz. So abeg I’m asking only for advice.
Ignore them with passion, people always discuss and bring down what they can't have. Meanwhile having good grade is everyone's wish in real life....just focus on your life.

What's your course? ...I have some groups I can recommend for scholarships updates.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by lajid: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2021
Hahjascho:
Ignore them with passion, people always discuss and bring down what they can't have. Meanwhile having good grade is everyone's wish in real life....just focus on your life.

What's your course? ...I have some groups I can recommend for scholarships updates.

A management science course.
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Hahjascho(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
lajid:

A management science course.
Okayy
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by Bigboy289(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
OnlineInvestmen:

Domain flipping is not easy but profitable.
Re: The Pressure On “First Class” Graduates. by lajid: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bigboy289:
Domain flipping is not easy but profitable.

Nothing is easy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update / UNIBEN Sacks Some Corrupt Profs And Lecturers / ASUU Holds Press Conference In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.