Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? (5725 Views)

If U Think U Are Intelligent Solve This Riddle / Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? / Help Your Child To Be Intelligent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 30, 2011
@Poster, it is not a sin 2 b intelligent but it become a sin when u are intelligent but lack smartness and wisdom. i have pass thru d stage u are passing thru right now. I was best in primary school, secondary school and also in my department in d university. But I never agree with my classmate that i am the best. sometimes i pretend not to know what i know. I only ask my lecturers questions i know they can easily answer. In this life, u need alot of wisdom and smartness. Yes, u are intelligent but u are in a less competitive environment. You need to go to another lecture where you will meet people better than you. My sister was having this kind of problem. She was in a school where she was always coming out 1st in her class. I advised my parents to take her to a far more competitive school. She improved drastically, but she never took 1st in the new school. She started with 10th position but finally finish in the school with 2nd position.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by gaskydudu: 9:16am On May 31, 2011
", However, despite all this one thing i never did was to brag or been arrogant. But sooner than later i began to hear numerous demoralizing comments made abt me by student. Just 2day a female student told me i was a "busy body". Some started been jealous of me. The worst part of the whole thing is that some teachers now attack me indirectly in there teaching. They make comments which makes me sometimes regret ever been brainy. One of them even said that those who think they r intelligent will surely fail jamb if care is not taking, with everybody knowing he was refering to me. Please i need to take this off my mind. It is really distracting me. What should i do? Is it bad for someone to be intelligent?, "

1. No beef, but work on your spellings and/or choice of words, as an intelligent boy i expect to see no error.

2. I advice that you talk less, you unconscious actions or words are beginning to get on peoples nerves. You need to learn the art of diplomacy cos of your perculiar gift.

3. No matter what , don't let peoples' comments weigh you down. Continue with your focus, don't loose your head.

4. Please, always be humble.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by mundus(m): 12:01pm On May 31, 2011
Thanks
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by abenipa(f): 2:14pm On May 31, 2011
Kai, awon aiye!!!! Mundus, no mind them jare.
You sure have received a lot of useful advice (ignore the put-down remarks). Truth is its all about managing yourself. Someone rightly said that sometimes you just have to act like a novice as not everyone is accomodating and receptive to your bright ideas (intelligent ones most especially). To live in this world, wisdom is needed moreso, in a very competitive country like ours. That being said, it doesn't mean you should keep mute at your own detriment for the fear of other people ridiculing or putting you down. If what you have to say will save a life, by all means speak up. But if it is something that isn't a do or die affair, just mind your own business. Wherever you need your exceptional skills to prove yourself and stand out, please do. You cant go on living life wondering what people will see. Just check your motives in any situation and you'll be okay. Besides, if you do right, people will talk; when you do wrong, the will still talk. In short, be at peace with yourself before taking any action.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 31, 2011
Hi, Goodevening pals I am a young guy that just finished my SSCE last yr. I am siting 4 jamb this year. For a while something have been troubling my mind. And wish you guys could help me out. I am a young student naturally endowned with intelligence by God. I am very Good in Mathematics and other science subjects. When i was in secondary sch i used to be shy and conservative especially as it is a [b]missed [/b]school. I hardly show my presence or come out to brag about what i have upstairs. Many of my frnds adviced [/b]me to change my character and to be open, social and bold. They mocked me and made me look as if am a "jew guy". However, soon i learnt to start been social, open to people and been accomodating I began asking and answering questions in the school as well as making female frnds. But my worry began after school when i enrolled for jamb lesson in one lesson centre in town. I was quite vibrant in class, always answering questions, helping my mates solve questions and as well making numerous frnds both male and female. This made me so popular in our centre that even a student that enrolled for lesson one day is sure to know me that same day. However, despite all this one thing i never did was to brag or been arrogant. But sooner than later i began to hear numerous demoralizing comments made abt me by student. Just 2day a female student told me i was a "busy body". Some started [b]been jealous of me. The worst part of the whole thing is that some teachers now attack me indirectly in there teaching. They make comments which makes [/b]me sometimes regret ever been brainy. One of them even said that those who think they r intelligent will surely fail jamb if care is not [b]taking, with everybody knowing he was [b]refering [/b]to me. Please i need to take this off my mind. It is really distracting me. What should i do? Is it bad for someone to be intelligent?

Intelligent, my foot.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by DADON(m): 3:30pm On May 31, 2011
Am not surprised @ll, the truth is proberbly may be it has involved a lady or He's too forward, believe me hardly for a jamb teacher to come accross such an intelligent students and he's having probem. if not involving a lady or somthing else in particular. He may be teaching those ladies based on the fact he knows the subject not knowing he his getting too closer to one of the lady the lecturer admires.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by AkoEja: 9:10pm On May 31, 2011
In summary, we can say what everyone is advising you on are:

Be modest, your post suggests some degree of arrogance and show-off
Respect your teachers, even if they appear less intelligent than you
Don't worry too much about what people say about you, concentrate on your work.
If you are a bit more successful in life, you are bound to have people being jealous of you, but don't let it weigh you down, this should be expected.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by simba4un: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
change that lesson venue to another place. God will help you 2 pass Jamb
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Intelligent? by tpia5: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^good advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cheeky School Girl Beats Up Her Principal In KZN / Wokos / Anambra State University 2nd Batch Admission List Z Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.