Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants (20995 Views)

Igbo Woman Laments Bitterly About Abuja Landlords And Gets A Huge Reply / Tenants, Please Share Your Experiences With Landlords And Landladies. / Landlords And Tenants' Rights In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Coolgent(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2021
Dshocker:
Landlords should understand that the country is tough,and the economy is terrible
You are right, the tenants should also consider your points.
Am currently building 2 units of semi detached 2 bedroom/2 sitting houses they engulfed over 11m and waiting for another 4m to finish

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2021
ChasinGood:
Well,one thing I've learnt over the years,never ever share the same space(compound) with your landlady. e get why grin
To avoid see finish bah??

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2021
OllyArt:
No Landlord or Landlady on Nairaland.com then why is it named NAIRALAND
Guy no dey think am oo. Awon properties owner plenty for nairaland.....ma fooor

2 Likes

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2021
Akalia:
All my tenants are super cool. No hassles from them since I started doing business with them. I hope the cordiality endures until the day they decide to relocate to their respective houses and become landlords as well.
God bless you for that. Some landlords dey always feel like Demi God
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2021
stunnert:
Here to read comments
Then fasten ur seat belt
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2021
Imustreturn:
I never be landlord yet
And we shall be some day, even very soon by His grace
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2021
Dshocker:
Landlords should understand that the country is tough,and the economy is terrible
That’s where leniency should be considered for the tenants. They themselves (tenants) shouldn’t misused the privileges. Plead to ur landlords to give you few times to pay up, then fulfill that promise as at when due
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Kingsuave:
See VulturebbQGrills grin

We dey yarn about real landlords wey get real property,No be that your stand wey you dey use Grill dead and rotten vulture meats. grin grin
King off ur mic abeg

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Kreamie:
My landlord and I went to shoot some hoops today. Cool man undecided

He’s in his 60s by the way.
You get luck bro. No dey misuse that privileges tho.
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2021
Patrioticman007:
My exlandlord inherited his house from his dad, before I entered the house many tenants were complaining about his character. To cut the story short, after I have moved on, he sold the property for political campaign of which he lost the election, sadly for him ,he is now a tenant in another mans property. What an irony, I pray every tenant to own a roof over their head by the grace of Allah, personally, amin.
Subhanallah, a tragic story for the prodigal son I must say. Reason why some parents don’t believe in acquiring properties all in the name of making my kids inherit them.
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2021
bmdmix11:
dying thread.

u should have said tenant should tell bout their encounter with landlords/gods
You fit create that one too Na. Dying thread kee u there
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2021
stunnert:

Shut it right there. Mr man were you not paid the rents

Y'all landlords need to tone down your fvcking ego

U can just imagine oo, make dem no feel at home cos dem be tenants ? Nkan be oo
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2021
G450:
Con head landlords na no go area o ... They can disturb for African, my shop landlord dey add moni for my rent every year, if not that is shop I for don park
What’s been his reason for the incessant increments??
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2021
Kay25:
Tenants can be frustrating seriously some cam be good as human behaviour are not the same but I tell u 90 percent of any fight between landlord and tenants are from the tenants always going against the rule,agreement and seeing landlord as their enemies
Hmm Kay I wouldn’t agree with ur 90% statistics Na Wetin u see be that
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Oblongata:
My tenant once deprived me of entry to the property. It was a church I rented it out to and they told me I didn’t have right to enter. I got the police involved and the said pastor claimed I broke the padlock to the place hence, reason why they put the place under lock. We settled and I had them kicked out. I mean, what is a church hiding that you would lock the gate to the compound and deny everyone entry unless during church hours.
Did you truly broke the lock while you are trying to gain entrance to the church?? If yes, seriously u no try. Why not going there when they are right there
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2021
illicit:
I will become a landlord one day....

I reserve my comment till then
Amin ooo. I claim that too

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2021
propzncribz:
I will share my experience as an indirect landlord. I pay for duplexes and rent out the rooms individually, converting the living room to a bedroom too.

I have done this severally but a particular house, the tenants were really dodgy and messed up. Some tenants just don't like to pay rent or when their rent is expired, they are expecting free months while they look for house. I stopped collecting agreement after a few years and right now any tenant who wants to stay extra months will have to pay up front for it. If they owe for more than a week, sometimes four days, I change the keys to the exit doors of the house and only give the tenants not owing the new keys. Usually the same day or next tenant pays for another month and moves out or sometimes very rarely offers to pay for another year.
Chaiii ur own strictness and rules na die
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2021
AmuEbule:

Please stop this garbage and share your experience as a landlord or Land lady.
This is why most of you fail exams and repeat classes. This your support for Buhari is obviously damaging you undecided
Lol �.
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2021
Brandonx:
Stories plenty na.
Oya share am na
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Bfss:
Really bad my ibo tenants are frustrating me they won’t pay
Baba you shouldn’t turn this to a tribal shiiit. U can simply put it that tenants abi which one be ibo tenants again
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2021
ETIIKO:
See where a human is living, it terrible.
Waterlogged environment right? Ur story shall change for good soon. Same with me too by God’s grace
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2021
ETIIKO:
See where a human is living, it terrible.
And be grateful u still get where you dey lay ur head, a lot are homeless bro. Be contented
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2021
GreaterFuture:
Pls pls pls������...
If you are reading this,
I been a victim of extreme injustice
Since 2018, these two tenants and a church member I used to belong too, have risen above demon level.

I know I would need a combined team of Army men, Police and Lawyers to deal with this.
If you have experience handling these Tenant issues and can provide sure connect of legal, Military and police backing, Pls help me
I think police and lawyers should get involved. I wish you the very best though
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2021
feldido:
My tenant bypassed the prepaid meter that it's too expensive cos she has freezers. This is a meter I spent 49k to install, and also cleared over 30k bill the former tenant accrued. I just went there and cut everything off without informing her. Next thing this woman went to police claiming I beat her and she lost her pregnancy as a result of it.

The other one has become too friendly to me that he's yet to pay his rent and I don't know what to do now. And I don't see how he's going to pay before the next rent(December) will reach. I'm thinking of asking him to leave without paying what he's owed to avoid stories that touch.
Bro but are you sure you don’t touch the woman? Cos I’m wondering the wound wey she go show police as evidence say you beat am. Pls take am easy and let the police see the reasons you cut her light.
And for ur 2nd tenant, he don know ur weakness Na why he dey over friendly to you. If you can waive his previous rents for him, that’s good but let him know someone else has paid and he should kindly leave.
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2021
feldido:

You call this terrible? You de this country sef
See nice house wey he dey call terrible. I don tell am make he dey grateful as some people dey homeless as we speak
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2021
gabbytabby:
For what purpose. The policy is always to keep it moving. Them go meet with their Waterloo for front.

Nigeria's problem is the average Nigerian. They end up spoiling it for those who want to do the right thing.

My eye don see.

It’s always been like that everywhere. Na God go save us for this country wey we dey Baba
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2021
okuwehcris:
Some tenant can be very terrible, how my tenants called me to come and fix pumping that I installed in good condition,
A tenant pleaded with me on how tight business is for him and I decuded to give him 3months grace, only for the other tenant to inform me that the guy personally told her he will purposely delay my rent. I am just patiently waiting for the 3months to elapse. The good thing is that he signed an agreement for a year rent and receipt issued...I just imagined how stupid can someone be
You can imagine how some people can be an ingrate. Person wey you try ur best to help fa ? Oga oo
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2021
Focusmind:
All the tenants within my neighborhood are you boys. Someone finished converting his duplex to mini flat and rented all the apartment to yahoo boys. I asked him why and he said the yahoo boys are the only ones now with capacity to pay rents. Indeed, across the estate, most of the houses are being rented to G-guys unlike when some Landlords would prefer working class.
This is where we find ourselves in this country bro. They believe those guys can pay any amount requested from them within second
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Kay25:

yes though there is nothing wrong to get adequate services u paid for but most of them will just put all the burden on u even expect that u should fix their broken bed or furniture for them.to those pastors not their fault they do expect u to give them a regard as MOG once u don't do that beef will happen then they start seeing u as a person who has acquire the earth and not going to heaven
Hahahahaha, no mind some tenants tho. Fixing their mattress and even kitchen cabinet wey dem spoil? Lol. And those MOG go dey expect u make you sef dey over loyal to them so they can be controlling you. Once u no dey look their side, u don turn devil Pikin.

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2021
tope777:
My tenant was giving birth to children like rat yearly inside the 2 bedroom apartment with one toilet and the toilet started getting leakage issue from time to time.
I called him sometimes ago that there is need to move out especially to more spacious apartment even with more toilets, the guy man still claiming right.
Sometimes it's not about landlord but some tenants are naturally wicked.
Should we call that poverty or stupidity?? Ur advice to him would be sounding to him as if you are not considerate or you been wicked. Baba as long as dem still dey, toilet do dey spoil ni ooo
Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2021
Meedon:

Una go kill our vulture griller one day ooooo
I Dey tell you. Still dunno Wetin that guy do most guys on here I swear

1 Like

Re: Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants by Misternas89(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2021
Pegi23:
Some tenants are theifs..broke down our store room and store the spare pumping machine we kept there and also destroy their apartment before leaving...we are in different local government tho so we went over that same week to check the apartments and gosh lagos tenants are something else
Those ones are thieves and bandits put together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room / Working On Classic E Centre (Screeding, Painting & Lighting‎) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.