Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (45309 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by socialmediaman: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

A lot of misogynists and misandrists are married. Likewise feminists and chauvinists. Role play is very easy.

Most men like to think misandrists aren't married, the same way they demonized feminists as aged spinsters, but hoodwinking a man is not a difficult task when all of them want virtuous women.

It is people who have complicated relationships with "roles". Find someone who wants your "roles". Don't try and force them into or it will always backfire.

Many women with a "men are scum" mentality are hardly responsible. If you have respect for yourself you will respect others as well. They are unfaithful, ungrateful, hardly even maintain social circles because other women don't think and act like them, and in fact, many of them are also misogynists.

As long as we're in Nigeria and raised within our cultures, most men who provide for their homes won't tolerate women who don't know or don't play their roles in the marriage. These women will get kicked out of their homes or leave by themselves when the heat is too much, then classify men as not worth their love, which yeye love? The ones who are still married simply condition themselves, then voice out their frustrations to other women or on faceless forums like nairaland.

Having said that, I know many many many responsible and respectful women in Nigeria who respect the institution of marriage, respect themselves and men in general, and respect role play as well. These women know how to negotiate with their men and that's why you see men taking more domestic responsibilities.

6 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, people of both faith have always adhered to to tenets of their faith? undecided

Divorce is not the norms in Arab Societies unlike western Societies
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Sterope(f): 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
Transfer your salary to your wife so she doesn't
nag you.

I say don't transfer your salary so she doesn't nag you. What exactly is the problem?

The idea is not bad I would rather it depends on trust, their financial and marital goals and the partner that isore financially responsible.

Kobojunkie:
You are still suggesting that a man should be the one to spend the money on behalf of the family rather than the woman here. undecided

Also, what issues are there to avoid that are avoided when the man is the one spending the money for the family? undecided
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
Sterope:
Transfer your salary to your wife so she doesn't nag you.

I say don't transfer your salary so she doesn't nag you. What exactly is the problem
undecided
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by valoky22(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
[quote Just give me an attitude suggesting that you wanna drag headship with me as my wife and watch me dump younger arse the next minute. author=JovialJune post=106160016]

You see, this is how a balanced healthy family life should be, where both couples join heads to make it work no matter the setback any is facing at a period of time, I tell people that the marriage problem and high rate of divorce we see today is cos one is lording himself/herself over the other, when couples see each other as equal partners, everything will fall in place, even the bible says "two become one" as in same in body and everything.[/quote]
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, so divorce has only ever taken place before now only when a fault is found in the marriage? Do you read your own comments at all before you click to submit ? undecided

Oh, now I get it! Humans have always done it all perfectly until the feminists showed up... what was I thinking? undecided

Feminism destroyed the institution of marriage in Western Societies with biased fem-centric family laws favoring women in the contract of marriage at the expense of men, making divorce a norms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Dapcity247:
Feminism destroyed the institution of marriage in Western Societies with biased fem-centric family laws favoring women in the contract of marriage at the expense of men, making divorce a norms
Ok undecided

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Asour: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
JovialJune:

At bolded, not my story, that's from Romanoff.

O. Yes.

Sorry her story.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ofadaman:
My son, it has never been easy, I've lost all respect and control. Even my kids don't even respect or greet me, she speaks to me rudely , she challenges my every decisions , she nags endlessly comparing me to other men and telling me I'm less of a man.
She returns home late and doesn't do any house chores anymore. Nothing pleases her , even today I sat to watch a football game and she came in to change the station to those Bollywood series and told me if I'm the one who subscribed for it.

I've lost my manhood... "

Dnt let this be your story, hussle to make Money

Na wa o.

The truth is that some men are lazy, and some lose motivation and the will to get back on their feet. They give up easily and become like wall geckos; always at home.

So also, some women are very impatient and verbally abusive when they take responsibility of bills in the house especially when their husbands are not working.

Dating period is really important and it's not just a time to be "loveying-doveying". It's a time to know who the person is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Spechialone(f): 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper.

That means if she were the one providing the meals, ọ ga -esiri gị ike ga ahu banana nke a rapuru fo.

Mehn..

Nothing dey vex me pass references to every little efforts you make forgetting my daily stabs to make you happy.

Most women cannot be men even for a day.

Only one evening my cousin sister took me out, I never even remove my shoe naim I read her status: “I like the woman I am becoming. Always learn to man your womanhood.”

The only thing most women tend to appreciate is credit alerts..or send your account number. They will become so emotional..they can even cry.

Let the case be the reverse.

Make she just take care of you for two days.

You go hear weeen. She go even remind you how she carry you for stomach for nine months.

“Richie, what is this na, can't I have peace after coming back from work again? How can you eat and cannot wash your plates again! What's this na!”

“Baby, why are you shouting? The neighbours are at...”

“Don't baby me. What have I not done to make you happy? Will I kill myself? Am I the only married woman in the world..what is this na.”

I roared with laughter at this your write up

(You try to hold her hands to calm her down...she slaps you damn hard).

“(She is crying now..tears flowly freely). Just see what you made me do. Just see it. Everything is just wrong with this world.”

You mah wey dem slap go still go meet am for parlour where she dey cry dey pet am (and that is after checking your cheeks if blood dey comot). You go come humbly tell am say no bi you eat, say na the one she eat for morning..but anyways, you forgot to wash it.

Another matter don dey brew.

She will now come to the parlour and sit, ask you for the remote and change the football to Telemundo and mutter these words you'll never hear: “work e won't work, such a failure. It's only remote e can pass.”

You will try to look at her with your side eyes but meet her full eyes staring at you in disgust. Mumu you go come smile enter bedroom.

As you are walking into the bedroom, the volume of the muttering is increasing but it's still inaudible.

In the oza room, just respect yourself. Don't even dare..unless you want the whole world to know how you will be idle and want to kill sb’s daughter after working all day!

“oh, it's your plan, Richie, baa? To kill me so that you can now go and meet Ishilove, baa?”

Only you go dey like Stone Cold Steve Austin sleep.

It will be normal...the “honey, darling etc.” is going to die. You will be called your name...two seconds, she will stop calling your name and just be giving out orders.

Abeg, don't even remind her you are the husband. You will get the insult of your life. She will say “no, say it loud na, let mama Chisom hear you. How many husbands stay at home watching football and their wives are left to do all the work!”

But na you still dey pay rent, buy foodstuff, and children fees.

Baba, kuku collect that responsiblity back. I hate to talk much. No dare shift any of your responsibility to woman...even if she persists to want to help. E kuku better she dey do am willingly than you register her name on it.

Only women, babies, and pets are loved. Men are respected when they man up. Na the respect we dey translate to love.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Mccullum: 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
JovialJune:
Lol, jobless married men should be useful in the house by doing the chores, cooking, and taking care of the kids, believe me, no woman will insult or demean a man like that, instead, she will make it her life's goal to get him back on his feet again. A man cannot be useless at home and useless in providing leaving everything for the breadwinner to do, then expect respect and cuddling, mbanu, it doesnt work like that, you guys should stop the whining, make yourself useful at home.

As for what your wife did abi is doing, carry your cross like that, rebuke her, or ignore her, you knew who she was before you married her.

Assisting wife at home on domestic work goes with individualistic differences of men, it's by choice.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
Mccullum:

Assisting wife at home on domestic work goes with individualistic differences of men, it's by choice.
Is it also by choice for the woman, I mean the domestic work? undecided

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by hkidola00(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ofadaman:
My son, it has never been easy, I've lost all respect and control. Even my kids don't even respect or greet me, she speaks to me rudely , she challenges my every decisions , she nags endlessly comparing me to other men and telling me I'm less of a man.
She returns home late and doesn't do any house chores anymore. Nothing pleases her , even today I sat to watch a football game and she came in to change the station to those Bollywood series and told me if I'm the one who subscribed for it.

I've lost my manhood... "

Dnt let this be your story, hussle to make Money

swear that what Ur saying is true?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by CSTRR: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
I don't wish that on a man.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Missy89(f): 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.

Strong beta energy here

3 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by trevorhorace(m): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Romanoff:

You are right sha. The woman I cited above who just bought a house and car, her hubby takes care of the kids and runs the home while she's at work. She doesn't come back from work to start rushing to the kitchen to cook.

Hubby would have done that.

Weekends, she cooks soups, hubby does laundry.

Ahhh. See Role reversal.

Omo..x1000 shocked

This can be a very humiliating experience for any man . Even if he's fortunate to have a wife in the 1% women that won't nag in such a situation. There's still a void in him that only being the breadwinner would fill. Being the bread winner to a man Is a mental state not just a responsibility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by ezewealth(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:

May God have mercy on His people.

E no go better for poverty!
I swear bro, marriage no dey easy bro. Just hustle, we no get choice
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by DMCY: 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper.

You’ve said it all.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by DMCY: 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
Romanoff:
Me I don't see any problem in this o.

Na only one bill she dey pay, yet she wan turn terrorists for your head. You sef, always remind her how expensive DSTV and foodstuff costs as often as you can.

You can add the rising cost of rent too.

Treat people how they treat you and watch them adjust.

Just cause your own wife is like that doesn't mean all women are that way.

I know women who are bread winners and you'd never know, even n their house.

One just bought car and house that her family just moved into. Na her husband dey drive the car.

So don't conclude all women who are bread winners are like that.

You want him to talk and make she just loud everything? Women always play the victim card, when she talks she will make sure she talks loud and as a man you won’t want other neighbors to hear what’s going on in your room so in that case you would have to keep kwayet or else the neighbors would just make a laughing stock out of the man..

Like I said up there, Women always play the victim card!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by DMCY: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
JovialJune:
Lol, jobless married men should be useful in the house by doing the chores, cooking, and taking care of the kids, believe me, no woman will insult or demean a man like that, instead, she will make it her life's goal to get him back on his feet again. A man cannot be useless at home and useless in providing leaving everything for the breadwinner to do, then expect respect and cuddling, mbanu, it doesnt work like that, you guys should stop the whining, make yourself useful at home.

As for what your wife did abi is doing, carry your cross like that, rebuke her, or ignore her, you knew who she was before you married her.
I think you’re talking about the olden days women and not the new generation of women out there
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by DMCY: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.

Take good care of your precious wife who has a beautiful soul. She’s indeed a rare gem!

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by kushme: 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

What do I even know, arguing with a woman in a case that involve a fellow woman

So, now you know. I came here to read the experiences of men on the subject, only to see them flood the thread with their rubbish defensive traits and trying to advice men on how to handle the situation.

Any advice they try to give you, is on how it should favour the female gender.

They see men as tools and get angry when they can't use the tools .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by DMCY: 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
socialmediaman:
OP @reel14 you need to apply some wisdom here. Communication is also very important.

Instead of asking her to take full ownership of paying the gas bills, ask her to contribute to the overall expenses of the home. If you don't already have a joint account with her, open one and let everyone contribute to that account. Home expenses are then made from that account. Contribute on a ratio, like 80% 20% of the goal, depending on how it adds up for you both. When you contribute like 500K and she contributes like 100 or 200K, she won't see herself as paying the gas bills anymore. In fact don't do the bills yourself, include her in the bills payment so she can appreciate the complete financial picture

Not insinuating this as your case, but some people in Nigeria, especially ladies, never fully appreciate financial responsibility because they move from parents' home to husband's home, so once you ask them to start paying bills, another side of them (the manager side) comes out and sometimes it's not pretty.

Finally, communicate with her regularly about respect and the responsibilities of the marriage institution you both entered into. She must be committed to its requirements for it to work

Lol, someone that complains on trival issue as gas filling how much more would she complain when she’s contributing 20% to the house expenses?
@OP, just jejely Dey pray make God continue blessing you so she won’t have to take care of anything in the house.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by sematec(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2021
I don tell una. women don't like gentle communication.
iamyemiakins:

[img]https://media./images/db10d3f0e109e0868fcc817897e457ac/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by socialmediaman: 12:11am On Sep 26, 2021
DMCY:

Lol, someone that complains on trival issue as gas filling how much more would she complain when she’s contributing 20% to the house expenses?
@OP, just jejely Dey pray make God continue blessing you so she won’t have to take care of anything in the house.

That wasn’t the point. The point is for her to understand what gas money is compared to the total expenses. If the gas money is 100K a year while the total money needed for the house is 500K, she will understand she contributes 20%. But OP should not allow her pay for it directly, she should put the money into a joint account, then she will withdraw from it and buy gas which means that both of them contributed in the ratio 80 - 20.

He just needs to learn how to manage his woman’s excesses while focusing more energy on making his situation better. If they continue like this it may end in domestic violence or make him disappear from his own home to avoid trouble
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Zubydeangelo(m): 12:17am On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:
Me I don't see any problem in this o.

Na only one bill she dey pay, yet she wan turn terrorists for your head. You sef, always remind her how expensive DSTV and foodstuff costs as often as you can.

You can add the rising cost of rent too.

Treat people how they treat you and watch them adjust.

Just cause your own wife is like that doesn't mean all women are that way.

I know women who are bread winners and you'd never know, even n their house.

One just bought car and house that her family just moved into. Na her husband dey drive the car.

So don't conclude all women who are bread winners are like that.
How you come take know?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by AfroKnight: 12:19am On Sep 26, 2021
How much is gas compared with all the expenses you handle?

This is just a warning. Don’t you dare lose your job or business. You will regret it if you do. Nigerian women are the last set of people to be vulnerable to, especially if you’re a faithful, respectful and caring guy. They will walk all over you.

Funny thing is the same woman who is behaving like this will adore and respect a brute who cheats on her without remorse.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2021
reel14:
Hello Nairalanders. I got married late last year.
Even though I got married late, I made sure I was gainfully employed before taking the giant stride.

I love my wife and she loves me too. I carry 98 % of the home responsibility, recently, because things are on the high side and my wife is working as well, I told her to be taking care of filling the gas while I handle other bills.
I have observed that anytime I go near the gas maybe to make food or boil water, she will remind how expensive gas is right now, after all, if it finishes, I won't give money to fill. These words hurt me alot as this is the only thing you do for us in this house. I know how much I pay for rent, DSTV etc with other utility bills.

My thoughts now are;
How do men which their wives are feeding them cope with insults and embarrassments that come with every meal?

How do unemployed/underemployed men cope?

What if anything happens with my job, will I be able to stay in a verbal abusive home?

Your wife is not happy you told her to pay any bills. Did you people discuss it or did you just tell her?

You need to talk about finances. If I were you I will be saving money separately just in case. Also what you posted here discuss it with her. Afterall if you’re paying the majority what can she complain about unless she thinks it’s the beginning of you not paying bills (e dey happen)

2 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Lostchild(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2021
reel14

I don tell una

95% of Nigeria women nor good

Period
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bishop(m): 12:24am On Sep 26, 2021
reel14:
Hello Nairalanders. I got married late last year.
Even though I got married late, I made sure I was gainfully employed before taking the giant stride.

I love my wife and she loves me too. I carry 98 % of the home responsibility, recently, because things are on the high side and my wife is working as well, I told her to be taking care of filling the gas while I handle other bills.
I have observed that anytime I go near the gas maybe to make food or boil water, she will remind how expensive gas is right now, after all, if it finishes, I won't give money to fill. These words hurt me alot as this is the only thing you do for us in this house. I know how much I pay for rent, DSTV etc with other utility bills.

My thoughts now are;
How do men which their wives are feeding them cope with insults and embarrassments that come with every meal?

How do unemployed/underemployed men cope?

What if anything happens with my job, will I be able to stay in a verbal abusive home?

You will hear and see shit.. This is the time to to be frank with the wife. Don't feel shy let her know how you feel and prepare yourself for the future when their might be no job, have a second hustle. Peace

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.