Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (32130 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by SUPERPACK: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin

455 Likes 38 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Rhozabeth(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bros, you failed to define your friendship with the said lady from the onset and thats why she had the audacity to give any lady that comes close attitude. Ladies can sometimes be presumptuous especially when they are desperate. In her mind she may be thinking u guys are already dating. However, from this moment on u need to keep things professional. You don't need to be blunt or harsh to push her away but define the limits!

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
Hmmmmmm pls protect your hustle. ..naija is hard

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by MufasaLion: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
Rhozabeth:
Bros, you failed to define your friendship with the said lady from the onset and thats why she had the audacity to give any lady that comes close attitude. Ladies can sometimes be presumptuous especially when they are desperate. In her mind she may be thinking u guys are already dating. However, from this moment on u need to keep things professional. You don't need to be blunt or harsh to push her away but define the limits!

Exactly what I would have told him also.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by ray501(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin

I just hope he will take this your geniue advice smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Iamagoodgirll: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage. Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type. In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid. After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there. Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us. I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.
Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.
it's up to you to confront the lady let her know that she's not different from other colleagues, the reason she keep behaving that way is due to you care less about the whole thing or giving her the attention she needs.
Be bold and define your friendship with her and maintain your lane.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
it's up to you to confront the lady let her know that she's not different from other colleagues, the reason she keep behaving that way is due to you care less about the whole thing or giving her the attention she needs.
Be bold and define your friendship with her and maintain your lane.
Thanks dear

6 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by adesegun121(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ok
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Ekejoestar(m): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Work place romance is a no go area for me,

Op be very blunt with her, don't try to act gentle oooo or else you may lose your job and she go jump onto the next available dude

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Dozie32(m): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
I smell someone wanting to taste someone's kpekus

6 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by OG1BABY(f): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Define your relationship with her and let her know you can't lose your job because of her selfish attitude. You just have to speak up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Amspecial: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
grin
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by chidonweb(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's why i always advise people not to mix business and pleasure

31 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Sanmel(f): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
For ya mind o.. Hmmm.. The hustle is real cheesy.. I just know that once you're desperate for something, you're disadvantaged.

5 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021

WETIN BOYS DE FIND NA THIS ONE DEY RUN FROM

na dem chatinent people be this....wey girls fil tell if you no marry me...no kitty, and Dem go really gree

And e be like your boss wan taste too...if na me be you na to share am give all of Dem o.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Goldbw122(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

That is why it is wise not to get involve in relationship in work, but outside only..
That will add to your self respect.

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by AmuEbule: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
shocked
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Same issue I have been through. I can relate to your post
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Klass99(f): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
smiley

8 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Starz825(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
All this female bosses sef..
Guys, you would be so amazed to know the lady boss was just being jealous., that's all. cheesy

54 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by airsaylongcome: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
Thanks dear

It's this kind of talk that is getting you in trouble at the office. "Thanks dear" to a random "lady" on the internet.

If a faceless person you don't know is "dear", I'm sure your colleagues na "sweetheart" you dey call dem

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by winterlover: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Jobberman

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Osondi Owendi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Starz825(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
airsaylongcome:
?

It's this kind of talk that is getting you in trouble at the office. "Thanks dear" to a random "lady" on the internet
grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Work space & romance wahala. And the MD would likely be one of the people who always claim that one can find love anywhere.

I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

As the sun begins to set, many single guys & ladies become so desperate. May God help us not to choose wrongly.

6 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Optimistguy1969: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
As far as she was in that meeting, she will adjust .
Just watch out.
She won't bore you again.
Tell MD to warn other ladies too.

Everywhere go good

Op, do go marry

5 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Dozie32:
I smell someone wanting to taste someone's kpekus
me, na the aroma I perceive

3 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by klassykute(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
If I'm going to be honest with you, in my own opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own perspective, but also by looking into this matter from my own point of view, I would like to say l have nothing to say

7 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

You should be worried more with your boss. Please, start looking for job elsewhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by klassykute(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior / Seamen: Ratings, Officers, Engineers, Captains: Please Share Your Experience / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.