Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (32197 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Konjiboi: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Keep giving her attention and lose your job!!!

What sort of stupid question be dis
You see fire de go pit your hand inside!!!
De pamper her you hear, as u no wan get sense.

Nonsense
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Yankee101: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Your personal shouldn't affect your productivity
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Dozie32(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
me, na the aroma I perceive

Lol grin
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Rimsd(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Men dey suffer sha...
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by chaloskyx: 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
GO AND SLEEP WITH YOUR MD SHES JUST JEALOUS LOL
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by GreaterFuture(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.
So the lady in question is married right?
Why is it difficult to Say no to a Married woman
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by chocboi78(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Lol
U didn’t read the post.
The lady is not married but his MD(also a female) is
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Ten06(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
As you so much believed that she doesn't want to withdraw, just continue walking with her until both of you will fall off the cliff
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by mrksquare: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.

Many private coys frowns at relationship amongst staff. Some even enact rules to that effect as a policy forbiding staff from having amorous relationship.

On a personal level, I'll advice that you have nothing to do with your female collegue. I once travelled on this road and the outcome wasn't very palatable. Women are very territorial and dramatic as well. Many of them do not know how to manage themselves when they see you with other female colleague that are single.

If you must have a relationship with the opposite sex kindly do it aside your organization.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by GreaterFuture(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
chocboi78:
Lol
U didn’t read the post.
The lady is not married but his MD(also a female) is
Ok
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Rastaramsey(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarr
She dey give you green light, u dey dull... Invite her come your house, cook for her, have couples of drinks and then nack her doggy.....
She might have probably been waiting for that moment....
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nicerazor(m): 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
You forgot to put AMEN
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nicerazor(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
office romance.
Some organizations frown at this, don’t loose your job coz of puna o
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Bunmhi(f): 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Your MD dey jealous
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:

I didn't mean the lady, but the MD is married ok.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kayyus09:
I'm in Ibadan, Oyo State. I can move to anywhere, except core north.
Bunmhi:
Your MD dey jealous
Well there's no vacancy presently, but once it becomes available I won't hesitate to let us know ok.

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by naijaman2225(m): 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
IgweBUIKE1:
Hmmmmmm pls protect your hustle. ..naija is hard
THE BEST ADVICE, IF HE IS SENSIBLE ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by emmyyoung688: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Starz825:
All this female bosses sef..
Guys, you would be so amazed to know the lady boss was just being jealous., that's all. cheesy
hmm you have a point...
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by uthlaw: 12:08am On Sep 28, 2021
Optimistguy1969:

Premarital sex is bad.
It's good to stick to one's husband or wife for sexual satisfaction. avoid fornication
oh,that why we're having high rate of poverty!
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Evercurious(f): 1:01am On Sep 28, 2021
Beey:
If you don’t learn to speak up in this life & be firm with your decision, you’ll not have it easy. You need to tell this lady off. Tell her to leave you alone & let her know she’s not your type. As a matter of fact, tell her you have a GF & are not searching. Tell her to respect your space & stop harassing you. If it so requires ,let a lady friend meet you after work to pick you up & act like a girlfriend. If that doesn’t work, arrange some area boys to warn her. That’s obsession & having dealt with such, I know they can drive you nuts. I had to fake a police report to make one leave me alone.

Best advice
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Kayyus09(m): 1:38am On Sep 28, 2021
Halo22:
Well there's no vacancy presently, but once it becomes available I won't hesitate to let us know ok.
Alright, I'll appreciate that.
Thank you.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by boyjo: 1:59am On Sep 28, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin
Why are you using a prayer said unto a holy GOD to represent evil? Kindly stop this your evil misrepresentation and fear The LORD GOD.
Make una learn to fear and reverence GOD o.

Cc
Nicerazor,
DatsAll1mSayin,
Thunderbabs, lasenior, kayyus09
baralatie, karleb, oluplus,
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by GodisFirst: 2:31am On Sep 28, 2021
Your MD has just made your trouble easy to resolve.
As you said that you never opened up on relationship with this lady, meaning you are not really interested in her, then simply tell her that you are not interested in her or any of the ladies, that she has to stop coming to you as you don't want to lose your job. Also let her know that if she continues that you will report her to the MD.

Finish and case closed.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by ddeola: 5:25am On Sep 28, 2021
Give it time and find a good time to go talk to your boss privately. I had a similar situation years back though not exactly like yours. Your boss will talk to her woman-to-woman and you will see that she will start to behave. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by 46arcadez(m): 5:25am On Sep 28, 2021
Halo22:

Invite your girlfriend to your office and introduce her to your colleagues
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by CertyAgroAllied: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2021
Astonishing angry

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by don4real18(m): 8:19am On Sep 28, 2021
It feels like your boss is into you.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by baralatie(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2021
boyjo:

Why are you using a prayer said unto a holy GOD to represent evil? Kindly stop this your evil misrepresentation and fear The LORD GOD.

Cc
Nicerazor,
DatsAll1mSayin,
How is what he said evil

Ni Tori Oluwa Jesus Christi

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by oluplus(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
boyjo:

Cc
Nicerazor,
DatsAll1mSayin,

Obviously, you have a different interpretation from what we meant.

Try to look at it from the other side.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Pumpumking: 1:10am On Sep 29, 2021
Pegi23:
Get a lady to act like ur bae then closing time ur fake bae can come to the gate of the work outside tho and be all loved up when the lady is watching so she will know u are taken..or mr get married..

so u adviseing people to commit fraud by telling them to make there wife sexxx a gateman Pretending to be babe to watch naaaaked women..correct?....SHAME ON U AGAIN Pegi23 for comiting fraud again on nairaland!!( sad) angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Hot Tempered Colleague / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.