Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (32198 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Skillsnigeria: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Reading grin
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by cablenews: 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Tonto becomes a brand ambassador

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5PZI8KxWE
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by airsaylongcome: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
VULCAN:
If you have travelled to the UK you would know better.

But even though you haven't don't you watch British Soaps

"Dear" has no sexual overtones to the British.

Okay. That's the British. We are not British. We are Nigerian. In Nigerian English, there is sexual overtone there. And the OP is Nigerian. Speaking and writing Nigerian English.

8 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Realdeals(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.

Here lies your problem
Though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging.

4 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by baralatie(m): 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
VULCAN:
If you have travelled to the UK you would know better.

But even though you haven't don't you watch British Soaps

"Dear" has no sexual overtones to the British.

Em
In Nigeria dear,sweetie,sweetheart,sugar boo na problem o
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Justbehave(m): 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Op is a weak man who cannot make a decision once it involves ladies and I hate such people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Ginaz(f): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Text her that you want to be left alone if you can’t tell her face to face . Simple!

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by AuroraB(f): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
airsaylongcome:

It's this kind of talk that is getting you in trouble at the office. "Thanks dear" to a random "lady" on the internet.

If a faceless person you don't know is "dear", I'm sure your colleagues na "sweetheart" you dey call dem
He knows not 'healthy boundaries' obviously. Like he has no mind of his own sad

2 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by bobluck: 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.

Guy wise up....that gender doesnt care what happens. When u lose that job she would leave you for another guy. I understand how u feel bro....let me assure it will be fine. Beware of desperate ladies.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by arthurwillia(m): 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

Op the girl sef fit no Dey reason your matter, just friendship, don’t think because girls are always all over you
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Worksunlimited: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

I thought you said she was married with a kid?
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
post=106226903:
Osondi Owendi
Chu Chu chu
How are we going to pay back the whole loan your lord and saviour borrowed
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Beey(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

If you don’t learn to speak up in this life & be firm with your decision, you’ll not have it easy. You need to tell this lady off. Tell her to leave you alone & let her know she’s not your type. As a matter of fact, tell her you have a GF & are not searching. Tell her to respect your space & stop harassing you. If it so requires ,let a lady friend meet you after work to pick you up & act like a girlfriend. If that doesn’t work, arrange some area boys to warn her. That’s obsession & having dealt with such, I know they can drive you nuts. I had to fake a police report to make one leave me alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by jaxxy(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

Tell her u have a girlfriend and can’t afford to be too distracted right now.

Tell her she’s a distraction to u at work and now the MD has noticed.

Tell her she’s being to clingy and it kind of getting out of hand.

Tell her u would like her to stop talking to u for awhile.

Tell her u need space.

Tell her u don’t mean to be rude bt can’t she leave u the hell alone.

Tell her to avoid u. Lol

Finally tell her to stop stalking u. undecided

So many things u can tell her directly or indirectly that will get the job done.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by babadee1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

If you cannot handle this matter especially after what your MD has told you, then the message you are sending is that you are not yet emotionally mature enough for your job. You may have to lose your job before you learn what to do.
Simple tip. Call her and tell her what the MD told you in confidence. Na she herself go dey avoid you from henceforth.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by TheGift: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Write your MD a brief and professional sounding email and let Her know the exact position of things. And reassure Her that nothing or no one will distract you from your job.

As per the adamant lady, I think you now have a good reason to tell Her to stay on Her lane for the sake of work and progress. You didn’t come there to find a Wife and you are definitely not interested in Her. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by gbagyiza: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pls, don't be offended by my words, you are not a serious person at all. By the time your boss shows you the way out, and that time your eye go clear. You see that girl, you no own am anything at all. You better detached yourself from her n focus on your job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Ebullient76(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bro, get focused with your work which brings food on your table. Don't allow infatuation to disrupt your work. Define your wants from your choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by TheGift: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
jaxxy:

Tell her u have a girlfriend and can’t afford to be too distracted right now.

Tell her she’s a distraction to u at work and now the MD has noticed.

Tell her she’s being to clingy and it kind of getting out of hand.

Tell her u would like her to stop talking to u for awhile.

Tell her u need space.

Tell her u don’t mean to be rude bt can’t she leave u the hell alone.

Tell her to avoid u. Lol

Finally tell her to stop stalking u. undecided

So many things u can tell her directly or indirectly that will get the job done.

Good advice, except for the part where He should lie that He has a girl friend.

Try not to build your position on lies. He and She should deal with the truth. It is enough.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by TheGift: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Realdeals:

Here lies your problem
Though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging.

Exactly!
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by tunize(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bros you sey she don marry with kid abi? Simply tell her to let you be now and she should stop all those trying to help you focus on your job except something join wen e nvr gree u talk. Better stop her now or the next meeting from your boss is to sack either you or you both!
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by thunderbabs: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin

Spiritual cheesy
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Livelystone01: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ekejoestar:
Work place romance is a no go area for me,

Op be very blunt with her, don't try to act gentle oooo or else you may lose your job and she go jump onto the next available dude
What if her attitude became that way because op "may have slept with her or she received some good promises from him during the early days of their convo"?
Women don't just try to declare their territory on things they haven't been entangled with.
They may act stupid but they are really smart on things.

Look carefully at the writeup and you will see that the lady is acting with confidence and it is based on certain things which the op may not have added.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by aikyg(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
Go and marry. Everybody go leave you alone.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by olibeans: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rhozabeth:
Bros, you failed to define your friendship with the said lady from the onset and thats why she had the audacity to give any lady that comes close attitude. Ladies can sometimes be presumptuous especially when they are desperate. In her mind she may be thinking u guys are already dating. However, from this moment on u need to keep things professional. You don't need to be blunt or harsh to push her away but define the limits!

Bro, don't sh!t where you eat..
Don't mix work with pleasure..
End all friendships with everyone in your work place and go get a wife elsewhere ASAP.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by LaSenior: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin
this kind food comes with its cheap poison

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by ayenale1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lock her in the toilet...give her better coitus to reset her brain then play ur office runs with her codedly...u guys should not play even talk in the premises but outside u can do the undo tell her that...

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Worksunlimited:

I thought you said she was married with a kid?
I meant the MD.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
Realdeals:

Here lies your problem
What then do u have me do, it's not my fault nah.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by uthlaw: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
As far as she was in that meeting, she will adjust .
Just watch out.
She won't bore you again.
Tell MD to warn other ladies too.

Everywhere go good

Op, do go marry
pls can you tell me reason why pple always advice guys to go Marry?
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by femi4: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

If you still love your job, cut all ties with her. You can't do this in a bank....you are a gonner

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by AfroKnight: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
Thanks dear

“Thanks dear”

Now I know where your problem is coming from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Hot Tempered Colleague / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.