Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (32191 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nonexisting1: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Fucck the girl like an ashewo and she will feel like trash and leave you alone. It always work for me.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Worksunlimited: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
I meant the MD.

Oh.. I'll advise you abort mission carefully..
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by logan2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.
there's no need for this post bro.. It's simple listen to your boss or risk losing your job is that too hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Pegi23(f): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Get a lady to act like ur bae then closing time ur fake bae can come to the gate of the work outside tho and be all loved up when the lady is watching so she will know u are taken..or mr get married..
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Kayyus09(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin

Amen..

Bless this food, oh Lord, For Christ's Sake.

Amen.

Come and eat
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Optimistguy1969: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
uthlaw:
pls can you tell me reason why pple always advice guys to go Marry?
Premarital sex is bad.
It's good to stick to one's husband or wife for sexual satisfaction. avoid fornication

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage.

Actually I am a very focused person, though I compromise especially when a lady feels I am snubbing her when she comes close, I like giving them that sense of belonging. There's this particular lady that always like going with me after work, as in she can't go without moving out of the work premises with me. I have tried everything I could to make her let me be, but she is an adamant type.

In addition to that, she started picking up quarrels with any lady that comes close to me....as in I don't understand. When I asked her why such attitude, she said she doesn't want other ladies to make me lose focus on my job. Well, all these were happening but I never knew my MD has been observing her moves towards me as she is also a lady, though married with just a kid.

After our meeting early this week, she called me and said "hey....Smart(not real name though), I would want to have a brief meeting with you in my office. You know when u were invited for such meeting after the general meeting, your mind would scatter into thoughts. After some minutes, I then visited her office and lo and behold, I saw that same lady colleague of mine in there.

Hmmmm, I knew something was cooking, but then I gathered courage and sat down. Let me not bore you guys with long story, she just told us that our relationship in the company was becoming so distracting and as such, we should try to adjust or face sanction. She told me it was for the regard she had for me if not she would have taken drastic conclusion on us.

I tried defending myself, but she didn't want to listen further. As for my colleague, she didn't even allow her to utter a word. Like I said earlier, I have never opened up to the lady on relationship let alone to have dated her, she is just being desperate and it's offending my MD.

Please I need mature advice on how to handle this situation, cos the lady in question is not ready to withdraw her advances towards me.

Be honest. Have you slept with her?

2 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by sisisioge: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
You mean despite the good excuse to finally cut off from the girl you're still struggling to find the right words/moves? It is well fa.

4 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by baralatie(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
aikyg:
Go and marry. Everybody go leave you alone.
For where!

Na there the rushing from all sorts of women go many!
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Kayyus09(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

Is there vacancy at your workplace? Please I need a job.

For real.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat glory be to you oh lord.grin

You are an idiot. grin
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
That girl go put am for big trouble with her jealousy and Op doesn't seem to understand the boss probably wants him too cheesy if she notice he's giving that young lady green light him own don be undecided na sack be the next thing.....I fear jealous women more than anything
PrinceGallant:
Let me start my advice by asking you why telling us that your MD is also a woman with a kid? I had thought you wanted to tell us she is fond of you.

Well, the truth is that if you are in need of that your job, tell that lady bluntly to stay away of you.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
This is the best advice so far cool
oyejideogunjumo:

Most organization don't allow couple to work together. That is husband and wife not allowed.
So, take one.
Your job or your relationship.
But job is scares while ladies abounds everywhere and any time.
If you choose your relationship and you are laid off.
The lady in question will dump you too so you loose on both sides
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
VULCAN:
If you have travelled to the UK you would know better.

But even though you haven't don't you watch British Soaps

"Dear" has no sexual overtones to the British.

Are you in British?

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
All I see is weak advice, insult and suspicion to op.

I have gotten such firsthand experience like the op...mine, I was not even informed but was posted out. Later my colleagues were like saying that my superiors were scared, that I may impregnate most of the girls in our office with the rate at which they throng me. Aswear I was super hurt and surprised!

Despite the fact that, I never had any of them contacts on my phone then, don't even know them by names to an extent...one day, one of the ladies called me by 6:45pm to know if I have gotten home, I warned her seriously first on how she got my number, second on not to ever call me aside work related issues and that late again. Did that stopped anything? Nope! Rather the visit me at my new posting and......

Funny enough, when I was posted out, the ladies started getting pregnant by some male colleagues (Oga Saint them o).

To Op, you can't stop being yourself. Maybe you are a good dresser, jovial and respectful towards people's feelings (humanity). No matter how you try, you can't keep the ladies off...one day, one said she never knew I was this deep principled. My superiors even my intake female colleagues (who go jokingly say make I yarnsh these girls) now see my principled life and great work delivery ethics.

Your principled life is what can exonerate you. Don't be surprised Boss is also admiring you. To weaken the girls feeling of being incharge; spread the love abroad even to your madam. Don't always allow only the both of you to work out of the premise together, get another lady or male guyman...play tape give am.

Don't ever hurt that lady's feeling by being blunt...You will always need her, trust me and don't thrust me. So long as you work in the same environment with her, just be careful how you will react to her. Don't tell her you need space...why are girls here being insensitive? Trust me, the lady will but don't pour the dirty water away like that when she does because you can use the water to flush shit...Rather use that opportunity to tell her the ethics of the job, your boundaries and reassure her that you will be a good friend to her outside work..codely.

3 Likes

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
You guys need to learn how to tell a girl you have nothing to offer from the moment you notice they like you enough to start telling other ladies to stay off you. It's not rude to do that. You don't allow a girl follow you about without telling her your mind.
You as a man have the right to tell her you don't want anything to do with her so that she can cry and move on. You probably led her on by not saying no to her and probably showing her the kind of care she thought was out of love.
If you lose your job because of her, na you know.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
OP is one of these sissy good simpy boys... No advice you'll give him will make him change his countenance toward the female gender.

It's like his mumu button, his kryptonite.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by faithfull18(f): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
airsaylongcome:

It's this kind of talk that is getting you in trouble at the office. "Thanks dear" to a random "lady" on the internet.

If a faceless person you don't know is "dear", I'm sure your colleagues na "sweetheart" you dey call dem
Lol, be calming down. Nigerians do that a lot.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
mikezuruki:

Be honest. Have you slept with her?
Nay
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Halo22: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kayyus09:

Is there vacancy at your workplace? Please I need a job.

For real.
where do u reside?
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Gabe427: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
airsaylongcome:

It's this kind of talk that is getting you in trouble at the office. "Thanks dear" to a random "lady" on the internet.

If a faceless person you don't know is "dear", I'm sure your colleagues na "sweetheart" you dey call dem
Oil dey your head boss
More oil
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Christistruth00: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

Write a letter to the MD thanking her and explain the Situation so it will be on record

1 Like

Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by rickleye: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:

Dude - You must have sampled the forbidden fruit !
In any case.. Just have a meeting with your " lady boss with one child" and explain your side. You are not ready to marry and settle down and that the other colleague is just " a colleague" then have a meeting with the lady and record the conversation.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Kayyus09(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
where do u reside?
I'm in Ibadan, Oyo State. I can move to anywhere, except core north.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by JennyOfOldstones(f): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=Halo22 post=106159218[/quote]

The only reason why this is happening is because you've refused to establish strong boundaries with your colleague. Remember that getting good jobs these days isn't easy so you'd better sit that girl down and tell her firmly but politely that you're not interested in a relationship with her and that she isn't worth losing your means of livelihood for. Note that your boss is using this situation to test your problem solving skills and emotional intelligence if you fail, you'll be unemployed
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by NemoDatQuod(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
You think he wouldn't have done that already of he has it in him?
He is simply a wimp. There is nothing wrong with being a wimp. He just needs to recognise what he is and know that those around him will always use him to wipe the floor like this lady is doing. Imagine coming on here to ask for advise when there is only one action to take, especially when his job is on the line. Except what we hear about the rate of unemployment in Naija is not true. Mtchew!

Iamagoodgirll:
it's up to you to confront the lady let her know that she's not different from other colleagues, the reason she keep behaving that way is due to you care less about the whole thing or giving her the attention she needs.
Be bold and define your friendship with her and maintain your lane.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by NemoDatQuod(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
"Hate"! That's a rather strong word, don't you think?
Justbehave:
Op is a weak man who cannot make a decision once it involves ladies and I hate such people.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Iamagoodgirll: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
You think he wouldn't have done that already of he has it in him?
He is simply a wimp. There is nothing wrong with being a wimp. He just needs to recognise what he is and know that those around him will always use him to wipe the floor like this lady is doing. Imagine coming on here to ask for advise when there is only one action to take, especially when his job is on the line. Except what we hear about the rate of unemployment in Naija is not true. Mtchew!

in this case no body is using him. He just need to set things straight having in mind that a woman is his boss and his job is on the line
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Justbehave(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
"Hate"! That's a rather strong word, don't you think?
I'm being honest here. No pretence. These are the kind of men who easily don't care about their fellow men but once it involves anything in skirt,they start behaving like mumu and keep compromising just to make the ladies see then as realmen.I hate them.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by ozo13(m): 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ekejoestar:
Work place romance is a no go area for me,

Op be very blunt with her, don't try to act gentle oooo or else you may lose your job and she go jump onto the next available dude
i swear to God.some ladies can do anything o wn it comes to relationship matter.they can even go to the extent of printing a marriage invitation card including ones name on it jus to scare other ladies away.i fear some ladies ooo.
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by Bfss: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
He want to smash
Re: My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. by chocboi78(m): 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Halo22:
In an establishment where I work, I happened to be one of the unmarried dude and as such, most of the unmarried ladies always rally around me probably with the hope of gaining my proposal for marriage. me.
only this line will discourage any potential reader

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Hot Tempered Colleague / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.