Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) (61217 Views)

Checkout The Snake Killed Inside My Office Today (Photos) / I Killed This Snake In My Bee Farm Today (Photos) / Big Python Killed By A Mopol Friend Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by PinkHealthGroup: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Put some iodine on his wound and a bandaid then set him free. Looks like a baby, already missing his mama and papa

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by wizdooarchy3(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Abeg fire wood is ready
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Agugbadin: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Don't be cruel

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
flyinnizam:
I can't believe it myself that my brother caught a chimpanzee alive today with a trap. Everyone was amaze.

so what does your brother want to do with d chimpazee?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by princewarri1985: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
flyinnizam:
I can't believe it myself that my brother caught a chimpanzee alive today with a trap. Everyone was amaze.
This place is probably esan land in edo state, thats where you find such animal, in 1990 i once saw a very big gorrilla while i went to the stream with my grand mother inside the thick forest

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by foleskay(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Can anybody tell me d difference BTW gorilla and chimpanzees??
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by MuchAdo: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
flyinnizam:

Nice catch.

You are free to slaughter and eat it if you wish.

Just make sure you boil and fry or smoke it very well.

Don't mind all the emergency animal rights activists here. They are a bunch of morronns.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Don't take it to a zoo, zoos are Prisons, for these intelligent Apes, they deserve to be free in the forest, where they thrive.

I think the trap has complicated things, where are its Ape family, its mother.

Without being able to trace its family to reunite it with them, it reduces the chances of its survival, so I agree, and you are right, the zoo, may be the last reasonable option, and it will have a miserable life in a Nigerian Zo, but its likely to survive.

AmadorSays:
It should be taken to the zoo asap before it turns to meat abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Don't take it to a zoo, zoos are Prisons, for these intelligent Apes, they deserve to be free in the forest, where they thrive.

I think the trap has complicated things, where are its Ape family, its mother.

Without being able to trace its family to reunite it with them, it reduces the chances of its survival, so I agree, and you are right, the zoo, may be the last reasonable option, and it will have a miserable life in a Nigerian Zo, but its likely to survive.

The Chimpanzee is like a child, and as a baby or little child, its very afraid of the strange people around it, approaching it and making gestures it does not understand. smiley smiley smiley

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
wizdooarchy3:
Abeg fire wood is ready

You're going to eat this thing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
HEBEI:
May hunger no shame us shocked

Eating this animal is cannibalism.
nobody said anything about eating...i didn't post it in food section
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by simplesearch: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
What's the frenzy about something created by God, which he also rightly labelled an animal. Human as head of Gods creature are given an open license to eat all animal. The fact that some of them have a resemblance to that of human does not exempt them from the list. If we must show pity to any animal, isn't it suppose to be towards the domesticated ones, who have lived, dine and wine with us? Yet we kill them without a second thought. What then is the ado over eating a chimpazeee or gorilla or monkey for those who can afford to do so. We all can't have the same preferences and taste bud.
Instead of lamenting over what fate await their soul in eternity if they depart the earth without having Jesus as their Lord and saviour, they are here lamenting the fate of a chimpanzee who like the grass of the field, is today is and tomorrow departs and their memory forgotten.

Animals without human corruption are pure, reasons they are accepted as sacrifice in days gone by. We corrupted a lot of them with our sinful and obscene exhibitions; like women sleeping with dogs, apes, horses etc, spreading diseases to other human as a result of this unholy gesture. The problem therefore lies with us.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Romans 14:1
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

14:2
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

14:3
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jimmy231:
Bros you self talk small English way you hear na
idiot. u have no idea about my level of education
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mummyfour:
Please I use my ancestors beg you, don't eat it.
Pleeeeaaasssseee cry shocked
that is why its not on food section
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by boyjo: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
flyinnizam:
Op, you and your brother have a right to kill animals for food.

But there are some animals that are are endangered.
We get plenty Chimpanzees for Nigeria? Na manage we dey.

When you catch such animals, you let them go.

Zoom in on all the pictures you posted of that Chimpanzee...what emotion do you see on its face?
Sadness. See e mouth

This na the first time I go pity chimpanzee. Just this one, it looks so sad.

Don't keep it as pet,let it go
Don't take it to the zoo, just return it back to were the trap caught it ana release it. It is an adult chimp.
If it was an abandoned baby chimp, that is different. But this one be like one wey get family wey love am sha or e get pikin wey e go find food for them

simplesearch:
What's the frenzy about something created by God, which he also rightly labelled an animal. Human as head of Gods creature are given an open license to eat all animal. The fact that some of them have a resemblance to that of human does not exempt them from the list. If we must show pity to any animal, isn't it suppose to be towards the domesticated ones, who have lived, dine and wine with us? Yet we kill them without a second thought. What then is the ado over eating a chimpazeee or gorilla or monkey for those who can afford to do so. We all can't have the same preferences and taste bud.
Instead of lamenting over what fate await their soul in eternity if they depart the earth without having Jesus as their Lord and saviour, they are here lamenting the fate of a chimpanzee who like the grass of the field, is today is and tomorrow departs and their memory forgotten.

Animals without human corruption are pure, reasons they are accepted as sacrifice in days gone by. We corrupted a lot of them with our sinful and obscene exhibitions; like women sleeping with dogs, apes, horses etc, spreading diseases to other human as a result of this unholy gesture. The problem therefore lies with us.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Channel your sympathy to humans please.
JESUS didn't die for animals but humans.

We can kill animals for food as much we want but not in wickedness or wastefulness.

Balance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Lokojatoofar: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
This is disgusting. Why treat the animal so badly? See how hurt it is. Humans are destroying our world yet they claim they are higher than animals in the forest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Aurelius1(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just looking at those pictures makes me regret being born a Nigerian. Look at the sad, forlorn and hopeless look on its face. That look alone shows the poor animal has resigned itself to anything coming. I beg you, please take it to zoo or treat its injuries and release back into the wild.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
atheistandproud:

This is animal cruelty.

That being is sentient and precious to it's mother. Let it go biko nu.
the trap wasn't set to catch chimpanzee initially so get dat into ur brain

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by boyjo: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
simplesearch:

You are very right

1 Like

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
My dear friend, you also have google.

from science, the Apes and humans share a common Ancestor, while chimpanzees are more closely related to humans than gorillas, so I think they branched off last from the genetic tree.

Chimpanzees, unlike the gorilla, do not have silverback males, Chimpanzee are more social, they have communities that comprise many males and females, the males are ruled by an alpha male, who is responsible for order and settling disputes. While Gorilla communities only have one senior male and are a single family unit.

Chimpanzee is less strong than a gorilla, and are also more violent, and tend to be very aggressive, while gorilla is like a gentle giant, they tend to make a scary gesture, but do not intend to harm.

foleskay:
Can anybody tell me d difference BTW gorilla and chimpanzees??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by deavicky(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
I hope he let it go

1 Like

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
Namdeenero:
Op I’m sure you were expecting us to clap for you and congratulate your brother the greatest hunter of all time. Chimpanzees know how to hold grudges, if they come for your hunter brother then his is a sorry case because they will rip him to pieces limb from limb
it will rip ur father to pieces
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Lokojatoofar: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
MuchAdo:

[s]Will you say this if it raped any female member of your family

Make chimpanzees are attracted by female humans.[/s]

Part of the disgrace naija educational system is churning out yearly. Howmany human rapists have you gone to hunt down and kill? Yet you worry over the chimp in a forest raping your mother

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
MufasaLion:
NatGeo Wild, where art thou? sad
when u don see natgeo wild film nigeria?
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by OvisFranko: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bigflamie:
You dare not eat it, curses will befall you if you eventually do that.
Not that I support him eating the chimp.
But how can he get cursed by eating the chimp?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by foleskay(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
SeriouslySense:
My dear friend, you also have google.

from science, the Apes and humans share a common Ancestor, while chimpanzees are more closely related to humans than gorillas, so I think they branched off last from the genetic tree.

Chimpanzees, unlike the gorilla, do not have silverback males, Chimpanzee are more social, they have communities that comprise many males and females, the males are ruled by an alpha male, who is responsible for order and settling disputes. While Gorilla communities only have one senior male and are a single family unit.

Chimpanzee is less strong than a gorilla, and are also more violent, and tend to be very aggressive, while gorilla is like a gentle giant, they tend to make a scary gesture, but do not intend to harm.

Oh. Thanks for the explanation. Would like to see their pics for better comparison.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by ThickSharon123(f): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hire a vet to treat the injuries, talk to eat and say 'i am sorry" and let it be free.

It would be grateful to you dear, and would tell the others that "Humans are nice."

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
If they let it go, it may get lost, because the Chimp children depend on their mother, and are not like dogs that can make a loud sound and have hypersensitive sense of smell.

Also, Chimp communities tend to have large geographic territories, and they tend to move constantly depending on their culture and season.

deavicky:
I hope he let it go

1 Like

Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by Henri8: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Justice for the chimpanzee.
Let's start a hastag.
Re: My Brother Caught A Chimpanzee Today (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy A lazy youth, you have google, or you think everything is a joke, lol, knowledge is a beautiful thing.

foleskay:

Oh. Thanks for the explanation. Would like to see their pics for better comparison.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of 10-Foot Python Killed In My Area / This Picture Should Speak To Those Who Want To Kill Breadwinners / Stripper Twerks For A Dead Man On His Grave (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.