Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? (1406 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / 8 Common Causes Of Tyre Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello car lovers. cool I hope this Monday was fruitful? So, I had to remove a car Tyre today and in the process, I discovered that the wheel spanner could not grip a particular wheel nut. I later discovered that, the edges of the wheel nut has worn off. It took the intervention of a professional vulcanizer to get it off.

The question is, in cases of emergencies where professionals are not available, how can worn out wheel nuts be removed?

cc lalasticlala
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Conner44: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
You’d better go round your four tyes right now and check all your nuts. There might be another nut that’s about to run loose, worn out or go haywire and leave you stranded at a bad corner one day soon if you’re not proactive today.

Your wheels and nuts are very important safety aspects of your vehicle. Don’t play with your nuts. As a man your nuts are your legacy.

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Grupo(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:
Hello car lovers. cool I hope this Monday was fruitful? So, I had to remove a car Tyre today and in the process, I discovered that the wheel spanner could not grip a particular wheel nut. I later discovered that, the edges of the wheel nut has worn off. It took the intervention of a professional vulcanizer to get it off.

The question is, in cases of emergencies where professionals are not available, how can worn out wheel nuts be removed?

cc lalasticlala

Buy another nut na.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Kingdemu: 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Grupo:

Buy another nut na.
You no even understand his question you just rush comment.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Grupo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kingdemu:
You no even understand his question you just rush comment.

If you inspect your car often, you will notice wheel nuts that have become worn out. Buy and replace those. So that you don't discover them in an emergency situation.

Am I still the one that didn't understand the question?

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by aieromon(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:

It cannot. That is why preventative maintenance is important. You can easily assess the state and condition of wheel nuts when undergoing brake pad replacement or wheel balancing. Also make sure your wheel spanner fits perfectly or else the wheel nuts will experience wear and tear.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Terrier99: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:

cc lalasticlala

Put some sand inside the wheel spanner and then fix the wheel nut inside. The sand helps provide better grip for the worn nut.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Abeg abeg, I am still into wedding and portrait photography o. I take badass pictures.....

Send that message now!!!!

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
aieromon:

It cannot. That is why preventative maintenance is important. You can easily assess the state and condition of wheel nuts when undergoing brake pad replacement or wheel balancing. Also make sure your wheel spanner fits perfectly or else the wheel nuts will experience wear and tear.
. The wheel spanner is of the right size sir. But, it's been long the Tyre came off.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Terrier99:

Put some sand inside the wheel spanner and then fix the wheel nut inside. The sand helps provide better grip for the worn nut.

That was the exact thing the vulcanizer did. I was I awe..... cool grin. Thank you sir.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by checkmatez: 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:

That was the exact thing the vulcanizer did. I was I awe..... cool grin. Thank you sir.
it's a normal thing, any worn nut or screw you pour sand carefully then put the wheelspanner or screwdriver. But it's not advisable to put the worn part back cos it might work twice but the trick hardly work trice.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by aieromon(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:
. The wheel spanner is of the right size sir. But, it's been long the Tyre came off.

How long? No brake pad replacement?
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
aieromon:

How long? No brake pad replacement?

Most of the time, the car is being used by a woman sir. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rangerovers Are Awesome Cars, Why Do Nigerians Feel Different. / Advice On Honda Accord / Naija Used Toyota Corolla 03 Model Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.