Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (43411 Views)

Construction Process Of 4 Flats Apartments. / Construction Process Of Four Bedroom Bungalow @ Mowe / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
Loosening the parapet wood prior to plastering..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by ClassicMan202(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
spyder880:
More of this ongoing roofing wood.........

Sir, I guess the king post is up to 3m, is there a way to make the roof lower, thereby reducing the cost but without compromising quality?

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2022
ClassicMan202:

Sir, I guess the king post is up to 3m, is there a way to make the roof lower, thereby reducing the cost but without compromising quality?

The kingpost is nearly 4 metres, reducing it further is possible, but the beauty of the roof will e diminished since more people cannot notice the roof when they stand near the building.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by ClassicMan202(m): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2022
spyder880:

The kingpost is nearly 4 metres, reducing it further is possible, but the beauty of the roof will e diminished since more people cannot notice the roof when they stand near the building.

OK sir.... Whenever I see a high roof like this what just comes to mind is 'cost'

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
spyder880:
Loosening the parapet wood prior to plastering..........

Good day.

This looks like 4 steps . Did you change the design from the initial 3 steps?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
ClassicMan202:

OK sir.... Whenever I see a high roof like this what just comes to mind is 'cost'

Thanks for the clarification.

The cost will always be higher when the roofing wood goes higher, but I always want to do a perfect work so I will not cut down on the specified height.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
rukyboy:

Good day.

This looks like 4 steps . Did you change the design from the initial 3 steps?

3 steps with a projected beam at the bottom. grin

Although I know that many people will call it 4 steps.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Starting with the plastering of the parapet, even as the carpenters are already completing the roof.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2022
Plastering and dressing the parapet ..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
Completed portions of the parapet as at this afternoon............

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by mufutau55(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
spyder880:
Completed portions of the parapet as at this afternoon............

Nice Boss.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:45am On Jun 19, 2022
mufutau55:

Nice Boss.

Hajji M.

Thank you very much Sir, God bless you my Oga.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
More work done at this site.......

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
More pictures as we round off roofing wood works...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by dongc(m): 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oga biko where are you getting the Grey beige sheets from if you don't mind...
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2022
dongc:
Oga biko where are you getting the Grey beige sheets from if you don't mind...

Although I am still checking other companies, but Chimes Aluminium companies somewhere near New Artisan market is my usual loading point.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by dongc(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
spyder880:

Although I am still checking other companies, but Chimes Aluminium companies somewhere near New Artisan market is my usual loading point.

Good place...cheers

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2022
Almost done with parapet dressing.........

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 5:20am On Jun 25, 2022
spyder880:
Almost done with parapet dressing.........

Well done!!

If I may ask. Why do you plaster the parapet before installing the roofing sheets. Any reason?

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Rany4all(m): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2022
rukyboy:

Well done!!

If I may ask. Why do you plaster the parapet before installing the roofing sheets. Any reason?
Probably to prevent staining the roofing sheets with mortar.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
rukyboy:

Well done!!

Thanks for the question.

It has been observed that after roofing, plastering workers cannot easily plaster the parapet with as much ease, especially the upper step of the parapet. They manage to do an average job because they cannot balance and work, and their hands cannot reach under the protruding roofing sheets to give a smooth dressing. There could also be cement stains on the new roof if the plastering is done after the roofing.

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
Final parapet fascia plastering pictures..........

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2022
More.......

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
spyder880:

Thanks for the question.

It has been observed that after roofing, plastering workers cannot easily plaster the parapet with as much ease, especially the upper step of the parapet. They manage to do an average job because they cannot balance and work, and their hands cannot reach under the protruding roofing sheets to give a smooth dressing. There could also be cement stains on the new roof if the plastering is done after the roofing.

OK. Noted with thanks

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by folyshow: 5:43am On Jun 28, 2022
spyder880:
Pictures from the top............

For a 4-blocks of 4-bedroom flats, please is it a good practice to cast the decking of each flat one after the other. I mean, in order to save cost on woods, can one finish casting one flat, then de-shutter the woods and reuse them for the next flat? What are the likely impacts?

I will appreciate your advise, Engineer.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2022
folyshow:

For a 4-blocks of 4-bedroom flats, please is it a good practice to cast the decking of each flat one after the other. I mean, in order to save cost on woods, can one finish casting one flat, then de-shutter the woods and reuse them for the next flat? What are the likely impacts?

I will appreciate your advise, Engineer.

Some people do this to save cost, and I don't think it has much negative effects on the building. But in such process, there will be steps taken to make it work. The side being worked at must have its reinforcement protrude into the second flat, there must be a continuous flow if the beams and floor mat into the second flat.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by folyshow: 7:47am On Jun 28, 2022
spyder880:

Some people do this to save cost, and I don't think it has much negative effects on the building. But in such process, there will be steps taken to make it work. The side being worked at must have its reinforcement protrude into the second flat, there must be a continuous flow if the beams and floor mat into the second flat.

Noted with thanks

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2022
We are returning to this site this morning, our objective is to start the finish process of this building properly. We have planned to start the following jobs ;

1. Complete plastering and dressing of the internal and external walls of this building
2. Electrical piping works, thunder arrestor equipment, distribution boards and other works
3. Plumbing internal piping to provide hot/cold lines in the bathrooms and kitchens.

More pictures later as we start all the works.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2022
I am also expecting the roofing covering, roofing sheets production cutting was delayed for 2 days now, so we are expecting the arrival of this roofing sheets and the installation process.

We will continue with other work as we expect the roofing.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
The roofing sheets for this house arrived this afternoon............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
We then tried to install the roofing sheets, but the rains had other ideas, we left the work, to resume tomorrow morning.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Arrival of more plastering sand, even as my plastering team arrived this evening..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply)

Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner! / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.