Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (41144 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Thunder arrestor equipment to be installed tomorrow.......
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Jul 02, 2022
spyder880:
We then tried to install the roofing sheets, but the rains had other ideas, we left the work, to resume tomorrow morning.............

Even a blind man will see a good job of that roofing aluminium on the last picture. Keep up the good job jare, Oga mi Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Beframia: 1:27am On Jul 02, 2022
Oga Spyder880,

Would you advise that one completely finish the plastering/dressing of parapet before the installation of roof carcass prior to roofing? I'm asking because I felt the vibration caused by the carpenters' hitting of woods might cause cracks in the already plastered parapet.

spyder880:
Final parapet fascia plastering pictures..........
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2022
mufutau55:

Even a blind man will see a good job of that roofing aluminium on the last picture. Keep up the good job jare, Oga mi Sir.

Hajji M.

Thank you my boss, happy weekend Sir.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2022
We have bought some thunder arrestor equipment and will start installing them on this house as from today..........

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2022
We have also been buying and supplying all electrical piping equipment, plumbing pre fit materials for our use on this building...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2022
Let's continue with the roofing sheets covering.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2022
Plastering of the under deckings just started.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by horlabiyi(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2022
Good morning Oga Spyder,

Sir, I have some questions on this building protect. I noticed you didn’t wet the DPC/decking the following day after casting, is that not necessary or I missed where you mentioned wetting them? Also, is precast parapet the best or this type? In a place where one see some expert in the precast, is it advisable to go for it? I know the precast saves cost than the one you did on this building. May you never be tired. Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2022
horlabiyi:
Good morning Oga Spyder,

Sir, I have some questions on this building protect. I noticed you didn’t wet the DPC/decking the following day after casting, is that not necessary or I missed where you mentioned wetting them? Also, is precast parapet the best or this type? In a place where one see some expert in the precast, is it advisable to go for it? I know the precast saves cost than the one you did on this building. May you never be tired. Thank you Sir

Good morning bro, we whetted the DPC and decking for some days, I remember paying someone to pour water manually on it before we returned to start forming the walls.

Precast parapet is very good when you find those who knows how to do it. And yes, it can save you some cost from the fully cast method.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by folyshow: 7:11am On Jul 03, 2022
spyder880:
The roofing sheets for this house arrived this afternoon............

The selected roofing sheet is beautiful; what's the name of the brand pls?

Then, what are the advantage of this kind of roofing sheet? Could they be compared with Gerard types?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
folyshow:

The selected roofing sheet is beautiful; what's the name of the brand pls?

Then, what are the advantage of this kind of roofing sheet? Could they be compared with Gerard types?

This is Chimes aluminium, oven baked ,long span roofing sheets of 0.45 mm. It's not in any way comparable to Gerard roofing, both in type and cost.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2022
spyder880:

This is Chimes aluminium, oven baked ,long span roofing sheets of 0.45 mm. It's not in any way comparable to Gerard roofing, both in type and cost.

Good day engineer.

I assumed you would use stone coated roofing sheets.

Any reason why you decided to go for aluminum?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2022
rukyboy:

Good day engineer.

I assumed you would use stone coated roofing sheets.

Any reason why you decided to go for aluminum?

Well, this is a rented apartment and anything done to reduce the final building cost is Okay. Comparatively, stone coated roofing tiles are more expensive, and I cannot see a very high difference in rental value just because the building has stone coated tiles, as against aluminium roofing sheets.

Where we plan to make a difference is with the interior works in the building, that's where tenants focus their attention and decide whether to pay more, or not. The surrounding compound is also very important, space to move around, water supply and security will add much to the rental value of a building.

4 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2022
spyder880:

Well, this is a rented apartment and anything done to reduce the final building cost is Okay. Comparatively, stone coated roofing tiles are more expensive, and I cannot see a very high difference in rental value just because the building has stone coated tiles, as against aluminium roofing sheets.

Where we plan to make a difference is with the interior works in the building, that's where tenants focus their attention and decide whether to pay more, or not. The surrounding compound is also very important, space to move around, water supply and security will add much to the rental value of a building.

OK. Thanks for the detailed explanation

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Roofing continues.......

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2022
Beframia:

Oga Spyder880,

Would you advise that one completely finish the plastering/dressing of parapet before the installation of roof carcass prior to roofing? I'm asking because I felt the vibration caused by the carpenters' hitting of woods might cause cracks in the already plastered parapet.

Yes I will advice the complete plastering of parapets before roofing, if the wood work is done well, there is no way the carpenters can crack the parapet because their hammer, or nails will never come in contact with the parapet. Sorry for the late reply.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Jul 07, 2022
Buying more cement and other materials for the finish of this house...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Jul 07, 2022
Plumbing piping works..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2022
Building our kitchen concrete counter tops in all kitchens........... testing a wash hand basin for an adequate fit.

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Jul 07, 2022
Complete the iron reinforcement and cast with good concrete...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2022
Electrical piping works, carpentry works , plastering works all ongoing..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2022
spyder880:
Plastering of the under deckings just started.............

Any need to plaster the ceiling if you plan to install pop?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 3:48am On Jul 08, 2022
rukyboy:

Any need to plaster the ceiling if you plan to install pop?

No need, in this house we will only install full POP on the top floor, and maybe do cornice and screed the flats on the ground floor.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 3:49am On Jul 08, 2022
Work updates from the roofing sheets covering...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 3:53am On Jul 08, 2022
Still plastering the interior walls of the building...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
All the roofing of this house has been fully completed 100%.............

All the plumbing piping works has also been fully completed.

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Beframia: 1:53am On Jul 11, 2022
Weldone oga Spyder.
This roof installation is really neat and beautiful.
Just a quick question please: what's the roofing sheet guage used and its price per sqm?
Thanks.

spyder880:
All the roofing of this house has been fully completed 100%.............

All the plumbing piping works has also been fully completed.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by dongc(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2022
Beframia:

Weldone oga Spyder.
Just a quick question please: what's the roofing sheet guage used and its price per sqm?
Thanks.

spyder880:

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2022
Beframia:

Weldone oga Spyder.
Thanks.

We used 0.45mm gauge, costs N3,525.00 per sqm.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
Plastering of walls ongoing here without issues.............

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2022
Updates from the plastering of this house coming soon, we ought many more materials yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply)

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.