Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? (32164 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by benqo01(m): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Truth is some persons here don't use thier brain,the Op has the right to complain because even me don't like it

A hug is okay not kissing the lips abeg it's bad
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by teemy(m): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Guys, what if the roles were reversed?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Cnach:

Have u experienced it, what did she do and how was she doing it?
It is a real problem and though many don't talk of it is no reason to deny its existence. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Qatar2022: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You tell a mother not to kiss her own baby, from her own womb, in the mouth, why? undecided

If you need to seek counseling for the abuse you suffered as as child, then go get it quickly. But to try to restrict a woman from showing love and affection to her own baby because you were abused is a bit too much. undecided

And using the teenage girl living with you as reason to scold your wife is ridiculous. Tell the girl she is not to do the same to the child, not scold your wife for showing affection as a mother to her own offspring. undecided
Oga everything is wrong with it because they have a house maid who may start doing the same thing
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
teemy:
Guys, what if the roles were reversed?
Good fathers have no qualms kissing their sons and daughters on the lips
https://www.quora.com/At-what-age-should-fathers-stop-kissing-daughters-on-the-lips-Or-was-it-ever-appropriate
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by justmondris: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
You are not wrong my brother.It’s a stupid practice that is very common among this generation of mothers. Before you know it, it may lead to abomination over time.

Kissing if for affection and not a child’s play.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Litmus: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Op is probably among those that believe the function of women’s breast is for men's gratification. I dread to think what he would do to his wife should he discover her breast feeding the child. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Qatar2022: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Romanoff:
You need to see a therapist, you're obviously still dealing with trauma from your abuse.

There's nothing wrong with a mother kissing her baby in the mouth, you're just projecting your trauma on your wife and child.

Please, deal with it before it ruins you.
What if their maid copy from her and start doing the same thing to that child?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by TUANKU(m): 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't dictate to nature... nature instead does the dictating. undecided

And nature has it that mothers form that bond with their babies from birth and kissing is one of the ways that relationship is solidified. Women who don't show affection in such manners tend not to form that bond and it tends to have devastating consequences on the development of the child. undecided
Man...this is a proven scientific fact. Even a mother can infect her baby is she is not careful.
If a mother has herpes for example she will infect her baby if she kisses the mouth it doesn't matter what nature detects.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kingpin1000:

I never knew how to explain what was happening to me to my parents, if I were a girl my parents would have noticed. The day I catches her, her life will never remain thesame, I will make fear her best friend.
Are you saying your behavior did not change at all as a result of the abuse? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by tsmith(f): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
Cnach:

Babe, I hope u are not serious. That a man is wrong in a path doesn't make him wrong in paths, calm down when u are talking to guys and don't belong to the family of "Oya come and beat me" is u guys that are abusing the privilege given to ladies not to beat or man handle them even when everybody knows t they almost deserve the same spanking given to a child but nature has chosen to respect them at least for their age and their faithfulness to humanity. But if all talks like u just did, a generation to come may revoke and revolt that privilege. Pls be calming down. I beg u shaa o

Another werey on the loose. Book an appointment alongside the OP
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
TUANKU:

Man...this is a proven scientific fact. Even a mother can infect her baby is she is not careful.
If a mother has herpes for example she will infect her baby if she kisses the mouth it doesn't matter what nature detects.
Again, it is something to as mothers to be cautious of but not enough to demand mothers stop doing what nature programs them to doing.

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
Great6Pack:

If you open your mind to learning maybe this will add to your reservoir of knowledge. It's a choice though
So you were simply rambling all this while? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by dotedote: 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why didn't you prohibit her from going through the 9-month wahala + THE PUSHING ?
It's very obvious you don't realize that boy's mental and emotional health is (amongst other factors) a function of the bonding he gets from his mom.
Dey dia dey form "My Son" no go buy dem ice cream abi corret Yogurt
Mr PROHIBITOR.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
TUANKU:

Ok. It may not have a high death rate but it is still dangerous to infants since their immune system is not fully developed.
Just imagine someone after giving head/BJ then proceeds to kiss an infant grin
Prevention is the best bro.
Again, Nature has this.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong as it is her child.. that you were sexualy abused have left a scar in your memory but you have to deal with it..

Maybe you should let her understand your point of view rather than just prohibiting her authoritatively from the act...

Everybody loves the feel of the lips of babies bro.. don't be mad..
She can infect the baby, don't you know?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong as it is her child.. that you were sexualy abused have left a scar in your memory but you have to deal with it..

Maybe you should let her understand your point of view rather than just prohibiting her authoritatively from the act...

She can infect the baby, don't you know? It's not about abuse.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You tell a mother not to kiss her own baby, from her own womb, in the mouth, why? undecided

If you need to seek counseling for the abuse you suffered as as child, then go get it quickly. But to try to restrict a woman from showing love and affection to her own baby because you were abused is a bit too much. undecided

And using the teenage girl living with you as reason to scold your wife is ridiculous. Tell the girl she is not to do the same to the child, not scold your wife for showing affection as a mother to her own offspring. undecided
At what age should such show of affections stop?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, it is something to as mothers to be cautious of but not enough to demand mothers stop doing what nature programs them to doing.
Herpes can be borne by an adult without symptoms. It can kill a child. The man is right.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:

Yess..
It's her child..
Cool.
But Then, at what age should such affections stop?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga you're overreacting
She can infect the child with herpes. She is the one to teach the husband that. Kai!
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Romanoff(f): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Qatar2022:

What if their maid copy from her and start doing the same thing to that child?

You can tell the maid she's not to do it.

That's why it's even important to run tests on your maids before taking them.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by TUANKU(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Nature has this.
Stop comparing wild animals with humans. Can you survive under the elements like these animals do?
Why didn't nature save the victims of infections from kissing?
I'm done doing gburugburu over this.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by PaedophileProph: 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Most of y'all are mentally sick , if it's the man that's kissing her own daughter on her lips , even the wife and most of your idiots will call the man pervert and seek his crucification , but now the position is reversed , yall telling the man off , telling him to stop overreacting.

Y'all need check your brains

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by TUANKU(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nature did not program them to do that. Back up your claim with proof.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
TUANKU:

Stop comparing wild animals with humans. Can you survive under the elements like these animals do?
Why didn't nature save the victims of infections from kissing?
I'm done doing gburugburu over this.
You confuse me here.... are animals somehow immune to the same infections you listed or something? Are there mouths cleaner than a human mother's? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Olafisoyem: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
I kiss my son all the time and so does his mum.

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by palsenator(m): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

Please I need advice from experienced parents.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.

It's not your fault, it's just that you are sick upstair... I am not insulting you bro , it's just the truth...
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
At what age should such show of affections stop?
I know folks who still kiss their mothers or dads even in old age. Na case by case if you ask me. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Lightorder: 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oga, go back and read your post again. After reading it, delete it and tell yourself that you have so much time . But I smell you are unemployed. Am I right ?
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by TUANKU(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Nature has this.
grin grin grin
This guy na stubborn guy. I like your view about life.
You remind me of my Pakistan friend back in school, he always had nature's answer for everything.
A mother i can accept since she is more careful but anyone else is a NO, nor go chop egusi and bitter leaf with Hero then come kiss infant grin
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
TUANKU:

Nature did not program them to do that. Back up your claim with proof.
So you are suggesting nature didn't program human but only animals? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.