Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here (1835 Views)

Does God Exist? / Atheists To Sue Governor Udom Emmanuel / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
Theres no evidence right? You just want to argue grin

If I were you, I would pretend small, check and come back. These questions are beginning to make me think we are on different pages.

Do you understand what argument from teleology or cosmology or morality or beauty meant?

Every sound atheist or skeptic should understand what I meant and should have sound objections and defeaters. Not the way you go about it pls.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

If I were you, I would pretend small, check and come back. These questions are beginning to make me think we are on different pages.

Do you understand what argument from teleology or cosmology or morality or beauty meant?

Every sound atheist or skeptic should understand what I meant and should have sound objections and defeaters. Not the way you go about it pls.
skeptics don't believe magic. Your religion is magic
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:

Lol!

I give up.
You are just reasoning and responding like secondary school children. I am sorry for all the troubles abeg.
Go brush up and maybe come back after a while
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:

Atheism is a religion.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
you are yet to take me through microevolution

I didn’t see your objections to the quote below yet.

Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated.

Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

~Richard Lewontin
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by hupernikao: 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
What would it take for Christians to believe that Zeus and Flying Spaghetti Monster exist?

-I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.- Stephen Roberts

In intelligent argument as this, pushing on burden of proof is a sign of lack of knowledge. When you know something proof it. If you say a god doesn't exist, that is a claim, so you proof it. If someone say he does exist that is a claim, he should also prove it. But hiding behind a burden of proof is a strawman approach and found among people who only talk of things they can even understand or defend.

I have asked you over 15 times since yesterday to prove your claim but you were only repeating the memory verse (Spiderman, spaghetti. Lol) you were taught by your senior counterpart.

Such mindset can't sit on the table of intelligent argument. It only strive online.

1 Like

Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

Atheism is a religion.
Everything is usually wrong when it comes from a religious mouth, just like the Bible
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

I give up.
You are just reasoning and responding like secondary school children. I am sorry for all the troubles abeg.
Go brush up and maybe come back after a while
Your god doesn’t exist unless you provide evidence.
That’s skepticism
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
hupernikao:

In intelligent argument as this, pushing on burden of proof is a sign of lack of knowledge. When you know something proof it. If you say a god doesn't exist, that is a claim, so you proof it. If someone say he does exist that is a claim, he should also prove it. But hiding behind a burden of proof is a strawman approach and found among people who only talk of things they can even understand or defend.

I have asked you over 15 times since yesterday to prove your claim but you were only repeating the memory verse (Spiderman, spaghetti. Lol) you were taught by your senior counterpart.

Such mindset can't sit on the table of intelligent argument. It only strive online.

thats because the burden of proof is on that person who made the claim of a god. Which is the positive claim

It’s idiotic trying to shift to to someone who Deny the claim. You should go back to philosophy and logic class
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
hupernikao:

You are a fool if you think the burden of proof lies on the person refuting the God claim.
Religious people always think foolishly.

The Bible made thousands of claims that hasn't been proven and you want someone that is refuting it to bear the burden of proof. If that's how burden of proof works in your useless church then I wil reset your brain here.

That's what religion does, it turned everhting upside-down to cover its dishonesty. It amuses me that people who preach truth can be this dishonest.

How can you tell someone who's refute the biblical claims to prove a negative? Are you Christians everlasting morons?

Religion is a total scam and practiced by idiots who are liars and you are evidence for that.

You make amateur philosophy mistakes of Russell's teapot and then think you have any brain in thay your skull?
Who provides Evidence for a god claim?
The person making the claim or the person refuting it?

If I slap you EH?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You are a fool if you think the burden of proof lies on the person refuting the God claim.

The Bible made thousands of claims that hasn't been proven and you want someone that is refuting it to bear the burden of proof. If that's how burden of proof works in your useless church then I wil reset your brain here.

That's what religion does, it turned everhting upside-down to cover its dishonesty. It's amuses me that people who preach truth can be this dishonest.

How can you tell someone who's refute the biblical claims to prove a negative? Are you Christians everlasting morons?

Religion is a total scam and practiced by idiots who are liars and you are evidence for that.

You make amateur philosophy mistakes of Russell's teapot and then think you have any brain in thay your skull?

If I slap you EH?
Hupernikao is a typical Christian, he refuses to take responsibility for the claims of the Bible and tries to shift the responsibility to the opposition.

It’s has religious people reason like they don’t have anything upstairs.

Just like telling me to disprove Flying Spaghetti Monster, does that make any sense?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

That's what religion does, it turned everhting upside-down to cover its dishonesty. It amuses me how people who preach truth can be this dishonest.

If I slap you EH?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
[s]
Nothingserious:

[/s] you have no moral right to talk about sound objections when your claims are not sound.

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
You are useless person who believes in biblical myths without evidence.
Go find evidence for all the fables in the Bible before any sane human can take you seriously.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
Hupernikao is a typical Christian, he refuses to take responsibility for the claims of the Bible and tries to shift the responsibility to the opposition.

It’s has religious people reason like they don’t have anything upstairs.

Just like telling me to disprove Flying Spaghetti Monster, does that make any sense?
Religion is a disease. It eats the most valuable parts of the brain and leaves wasted remnant.

The religious moo wants you to disprove lies that hasn't been proven. This can only happen in religion
I usually do not have patience for such kind of ignoramus.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
[s][/s] you have no moral right to talk about sound objections when your claims are not sound.

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
You are useless person who believes in biblical myths without evidence.
Go find evidence for all the fables in the Bible before any sane human can take you seriously.

This fool just parroting what he copied from the net. You just shot yourself in the foot. If you were smart enough and had thought your response through, you would have noticed your quote is self-refuting as it crashes all your and his claims of empirical proof for all your lines of defense. That is a concession of never speaking from empirical point of view.

Get out of here attention seeking foolish Child.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Religion is a disease. It eats the most valuable parts of the brain and leaves wasted remnant.

The religious moo wants you to disprove lies that hasn't been proven. This can only happen in religion
I usually do not have patience for such kind of ignoramus.

How is your rant logical and reasonable and empirical?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

How is your rant logical and reasonable and empirical?
where did this church mumu come from?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
[s]
Nothingserious:

This fool just parroting what he copied from the net. You just shot yourself in the foot. If you were smart enough and had thought your response through, you would have noticed your quote is self-refuting as it crashes all your and his claims of empirical proof for all your lines of defense. That is a concession of never speaking from empirical point of view.

Get out of here attention seeking foolish Child.
[/s] you can't question me, I am thy lord your God.
Look at my moniker, I joined nairaland to work in mysterious ways
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

That's what religion does, it turned everhting upside-down to cover its dishonesty. It amuses me that people who preach truth can be this dishonest.

If I slap you EH?

Religious beliefs are as valid, basic and warranted as any other beliefs you have and doesn’t need any proof to make it valid.

Whatever anyone tries to do is at best an academic venture. Inspite of that, you can show him why you think their claims are wrong. Or maybe you don’t even know .

Sound atheists will tell you it is difficult to disprove God. Stephen Hawkings conceded to that. Richard Dawkins alluded to that too.

We don’t know you pls.
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
[s][/s] you can't question me, I am thy lord your God.
Look at my moniker, I joined nairaland to work in mysterious ways

So can you empirically test your rants for its validity? Still waiting
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
where did this church mumu come from?

Foolish child. How is that rant an empirical truth? Can you show us?
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
[s]
Nothingserious:

Religious beliefs are as valid, basic and warranted as any other beliefs you have and doesn’t need any proof to make it valid.

Whatever anyone tries to do is at best an academic venture. Inspite of that, you can show him why you think their claims are wrong. Or maybe you don’t even know .

Sound atheists will tell you it is difficult to disprove God. Stephen Hawkings conceded to that. Richard Dawkins alluded to that too.

We don’t know you pls.

[/s] your wisdom is like a filthy rat in my sight.

Can anyone know better than the lord? No

I'm the lord who created Dawkins and Hawkings, I made donkeys and monkeys, the birds of air, fish of thr seas and reefs.
I'm here working in mysterious ways
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
hupernikao:

Great mind!
Thank you.
These guys are not on the same level with you.
They cannot attempt any of your demands aside from parroting Spider-Man and indomie up and down.
Lol
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

Foolish child. How is that rant an empirical truth? Can you show us?
You dare call the lord a child?
You will burn in a special VIP lounge in hell cool
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You dare call the lord a child?
You will burn in a special VIP lounge in hell cool
lol, this is the evidence I have been asking for.
Nothingserious, your god finally showed himself on nairaland. cheesy

Thank you lord grin
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
[s][/s] your wisdom is like a filthy rat in my sight.

Can anyone know better than the lord? No

I'm the lord who created Dawkins and Hawkings, I made donkeys and monkeys, the birds of air, fish of thr seas and reefs.
I'm here working in mysterious ways

Matthew 7:6
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

Matthew 7:6
That's my son Jesus talking there.
He made me proud while he was on earth.

Glory be to me
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
lol, this is the evidence I have been asking for.
Nothingserious, your god finally showed himself on nairaland. cheesy

Thank you lord grin

You see your folly? You should be grounded in the Bible if you want to be a sound atheist.
You are a just wannabe atheist.

The Christian Bible said not to have any other god beside God Yahweh. It didn’t say there are no smaller gods.
So if you think you and your friend are gods and fiends, the Bible already got it covered.
But in your state of ignorance, you didn’t even know and thought you could turn it for mockery.
Alas you did yourself in.
Hahaha!
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
That's my son Jesus talking there.
He made me proud while he was on earth.

Glory be to me

End of the game for you
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Workch: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

You see your folly? You should be grounded in the Bible if you want to be a sound atheist.
You are a just wannabe atheist.

The Christian Bible said not to have any other god beside God Yahweh. It didn’t say there are no smaller gods.
So if you think you and your friend are gods and fiends, the Bible already got it covered.
But in your state of ignorance, you didn’t even know and thought you could turn it for mockery.
Alas you did yourself in.
Hahaha!
God just showed up on nairaland and you don’t believe it?

That’s how rapture will occur and you will miss it.
Remember Revelation 16 vs 15 “Behold I come like a thief”
God is here, you go to believe it cheesy
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by FatherOfJesus: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nothingserious:

End of the game for you
let's see when I send you to hell cool
Re: What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here by Nothingserious: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Workch:
God just showed up on nairaland and you don’t believe it?

That’s how rapture will occur and you will miss it.
Remember Revelation 16 vs 15 “Behold I come like a thief”
God is here, you go to believe it cheesy

Well again, that’s not the Bible. If only you will humble yourself and study the Bible to be able engage Christians. You failed again. The joke is dry. Try harder to make it look okay. Of course with a sound Bible knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? / Is Jesus Christ An 'accursed' Person? / A Must Watch! ''Na by Force You Go Give Your Life To Christ''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.