Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! (13099 Views)

Catalytic Converters: How Mechanics, Dealers, Panel Beaters Are Ripping Off Car / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Accident Or Car Arson? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
As Many as are trying to click the Link on the signature, for Now, it isn't working... You could pick my Number directly from the status while I find a way around it...

The Number on my Signature serves dual purpose. You can call us on it or send us a WhatsApp message there...

We would always be on hand to reply you as quickly as possible...

To as many as have trusted us and done business with us both far and Near, You guys are the real MVP...

smiley smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
SA
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2021
Let's discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hope your evening was Good?
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by dadoctore(m): 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hello sir, pls what would it cost to replace the catalyst of a corolla 2004?
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by mbahjohnpaul: 4:34am On Oct 27, 2021
My experience with sublime autos today. The guy is so nice. Customer service is top notch. Had my catalyst replaced . He did an excellent job.

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 8:04am On Oct 27, 2021
dadoctore:
Hello sir, pls what would it cost to replace the catalyst of a corolla 2004?

It would cost You 65k for both Sir...

Where is your location?

Send me a message on WhatsApp let's discuss further
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2021
mbahjohnpaul:
My experience with sublime autos today. The guy is so nice. Customer service is top notch. Had my catalyst replaced . He did an excellent job.

Wow...

Thanks a lot Sir for the Review... Customer Satisfaction is our watchword... wink wink wink Enjoy!
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2021
Call us on 08038282056
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
It's Thursday. We are open for discussion and business
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2021
Good Morning World. We pray for lots of Wins today cool cool cool cool
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sleep Good People
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
Happy New Month... Few days to the end of the year...
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2021
How can someone check if his catalyst is still intact for Avalon
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
How can someone check if his catalyst is still intact for Avalon

First off, I'd advice you to ask a mechanic to help you check it but then, they could find out that there's something there and lie to you that there isn't...

What you can do is to possibly go under the car where the catalysts are located, hit the pot gently, and observe the sound... Most times, you should know how an empty pot sounds from a pot that has content in it...

More so, you can observe around it if there are weldings.

And finally, your vehicle could be making an unusual noise different from when there was a cat there...

Your best bet is to get a trust worthy mechanic to check it... As they are checking it, stay super close to them and whatever their verdict, possibly ask them how they got to know about it...

Don't leave your Car with them ooo... Except you trust them because as much as mechanics are bad, there are still good ones...

Have a Beautiful day Sir
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2021
Let's discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by honsule(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2021
SublimeAutos1:
Let's discuss

A car that have catalytic converter, in practical terms does it affects fuel economy ? or catalytic converter takes the toxic gases and pollutants in your car exhaust and converts them into less harmful emissions.
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
honsule:

A car that have catalytic converter, in practical terms does it affects fuel economy ? or catalytic converter takes the toxic gases and pollutants in your car exhaust and converts them into less harmful emissions.

Catalysts affect fuel economy Sir...

It filters out harmful gases by converting them to harmless ones before releasing them to the environment...

But trust me, if your catalytic converter is bad, it sends an error code to your car which is then made to consume more fuel than usual...

Hope you understand?
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by iliyande(m): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2021
How much does it cost to get this

And what are the causes of catalyst blockage? Is there a way it can be salvage if blocked?

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2021
iliyande:
How much does it cost to get this

And what are the causes of catalyst blockage? Is there a way it can be salvage if blocked?

Good Morning. I am not familiar with that kind of Catalyst. Which vehicle is it for?

The Likely Causes of Blockage is of course Your Exhaust fumes, Grease and engine oil dripping into the catalytic converter...

Most times, no matter how Long a catalyst Lasts, none of them Is immune to blockage...

Some of them also melts...

Some of those catalysts can be 'washed' depending on the level of the blockage...

Sometimes, it would just need to be completely replaced.

Hope that helps?
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by iliyande(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Good Morning. I am not familiar with that kind of Catalyst. Which vehicle is it for?

The Likely Causes of Blockage is of course Your Exhaust fumes, Grease and engine oil dripping into the catalytic converter...

Most times, no matter how Long a catalyst Lasts, none of them Is immune to blockage...

Some of them also melts...

Some of those catalysts can be 'washed' depending on the level of the blockage...

Sometimes, it would just need to be completely replaced.

Hope that helps?

It's for Vectra C 3.2 v6
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
iliyande:

It's for Vectra C 3.2 v6

Oh Okay. I don't have that Sir
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Make we discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
We are still open for discussion
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2021
Happy weekend
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by happydude: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning Mr sublime how much is a catalyst converter for a Mercedes benz c280 m272 engine
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2021
Welcome to the new week People...
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Ochiske(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Catalyst for Lexus IS?
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:21am On Nov 09, 2021
happydude:
Good morning Mr sublime how much is a catalyst converter for a Mercedes benz c280 m272 engine

I just recalled that I haven't attended to this, please forgive me. Please be informed that we don't deal in Tokunbo and follow come catalyst for Mercedes, except you want me to help you look around for it.
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Ochiske:
Catalyst for Lexus IS?

Are you talking about IS250? And Do you want the Tokunbo or New One? Please contact me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature or call me there, let's talk extensively. Thank You
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by B3sty(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Are you talking about IS250? And Do you want the Tokunbo or New One? Please contact me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature or call me there, let's talk extensively. Thank You

I just discovered that My 2004 Toyota Corrolla Sport didn't come with a Catalyst Converter...I'm based in Abuja, do you've any Link here on how I can get it Fixed? Both Converters are missing
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by erico2k2(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2021
iliyande:

It's for Vectra C 3.2 v6
U need to ask people from the Uk or Germany to get you one!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. / Cost Of O2 Sensor / 5 Ways Your Car Tyres Will Help You Save On Petrol During This Recession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.