Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! (13106 Views)

Catalytic Converters: How Mechanics, Dealers, Panel Beaters Are Ripping Off Car / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter / Accident Or Car Arson? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by erico2k2(m): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2021
B3sty:

I just discovered that My 2004 Toyota Corrolla Sport didn't come with a Catalyst Converter...I'm based in Abuja, do you've any Link here on how I can get it Fixed? Both Converters are missing
Does it affect your car in any shape or form?
reason I am asking, so that you dont go creating problems where there are no problem, cos in Nigeria the Cat converter is of no issue since we do not do any Emission test!

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by B3sty(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
erico2k2:

reason I am asking, so that you dont go creating problems where there are no problem, cos in Nigeria the Cat converter is of no issue since we do not do any Emission test!
No issue at all except that My Fuel Consumption is a bit high.
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
B3sty:

I just discovered that My 2004 Toyota Corrolla Sport didn't come with a Catalyst Converter...I'm based in Abuja, do you've any Link here on how I can get it Fixed? Both Converters are missing

I really don't have any Link there... But for your Corolla, we got the Follow come Catalyst, your panel beater would just fix it and weld, it is already Preinstalled...

If you would want that, please send me a message on WhatsApp with the number on my signature or call me on it and let's make the arrangement
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
erico2k2:

Interesting.
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good Afternoon from Here
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Olayetan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
SublimeAutos1:
We Sell and also install catalytic converters

How much for Corolla 2006 catalyst, give price including installation.
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Charisma01: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please i need both catalyst for camry 2004.
Is it better to go with tokunbo or new catalyst for better fuel economy?

Whats the cost for both? Thanks
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Olayetan:

How much for Corolla 2006 catalyst, give price including installation.

For the Follow Come - everything is Preinstalled already and it would just be fixing it to your car, it is 65k

For the Refill, that one is 40k and that includes installation...

You can send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on my signature
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2021
Charisma01:
Please i need both catalyst for camry 2004.
Is it better to go with tokunbo or new catalyst for better fuel economy?

Whats the cost for both? Thanks

Both of them are good, it's just the price and the durability that's the difference...

Send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on my signature let's discuss further
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Charisma01: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Both of them are good, it's just the price and the durability that's the difference...

Send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on my signature let's discuss further

Ok thanks, will do

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
Discussion continue
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by honsule(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Catalysts affect fuel economy Sir...

It filters out harmful gases by converting them to harmless ones before releasing them to the environment...

But trust me, if your catalytic converter is bad, it sends an error code to your car which is then made to consume more fuel than usual...

Hope you understand?

I discovered my Toyota Corolla 2005 doesn't have catalyst and it doesn't consume fuel. Should I proceed to get one and install am based in Abuja. Or should I weld pipe inside? Advice
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
honsule:

I discovered my Toyota Corolla 2005 doesn't have catalyst and it doesn't consume fuel. Should I proceed to get one and install am based in Abuja. Or should I weld pipe inside? Advice

Have you heard the saying if it ain't broken, why fix it? Well, your Fuel economy is Good... You might want to replace it if you want to, especially if you want to reduce the noise or sound of the car plus secondly, you need to install it to reduce the pollution from your car...

For your Corolla, we have a direct catalyst fix for it that you just fix, and weld... Should you be interested in it, send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on my signature
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by honsule(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

Have you heard the saying if it ain't broken, why fix it? Well, your Fuel economy is Good... You might want to replace it if you want to, especially if you want to reduce the noise or sound of the car plus secondly, you need to install it to reduce the pollution from your car...

For your Corolla, we have a direct catalyst fix for it that you just fix, and weld... Should you be interested in it, send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on my signature

okay, i will chat u up

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2021
Send in your message Today, our contact is on the siggy
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
Let's discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2021
Contact us today on 08038282056
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good Evening. Let's discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Discussion still open
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Let's chat Today
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Keep the calls coming
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Hollasmall: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
Hello sir
How much for a new and tokunbo catalyst converter for camry 2010 venza engine
Please give price for both
Complete
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Hollasmall:
Hello sir
How much for a new and tokunbo catalyst converter for camry 2010 venza engine
Please give price for both
Complete

It depends on what you want, The New One, the Tokunbo one or the direct One...

Please chat me up on 08038282056 on WhatsApp let's discuss
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by Hollasmall: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
SublimeAutos1:

It depends on what you want, The New One, the Tokunbo one or the direct One...

Please chat me up on 08038282056 on WhatsApp let's discuss

Which is the cheapest sir and what's the durability
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hollasmall:

Which is the cheapest sir and what's the durability

The Cheapest is the New One... It costs upwards of 40k and can last you for like 1-2 years... The Next is the Tokunbo, that one lasts for like 2-3 years... While the Best is the direct One, same as what was removed from your car... Lasts for a very Long time but it's quite on a high side, upwards of 300k...
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hello
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by cmoney22222: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2021
First how do we detect that a car catalysts is missing so make i check mine
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
cmoney22222:
First how do we detect that a car catalysts is missing so make i check mine

The Best way to check is to get a mechanic to do that for You...

Some other ways is through the sound. There might be a change in sound, though that isn't reliable... Just get a mechanic or panel beater to check... Even after they check, no leave car with them because they can tell you that it isn't there anymore only to go behind ya back to remove it... Do your due diligence
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
Happy weekend nairalanders
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by cmoney22222: 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
Okay boss
SublimeAutos1:

The Best way to check is to get a mechanic to do that for You...

Some other ways is through the sound. There might be a change in sound, though that isn't reliable... Just get a mechanic or panel beater to check... Even after they check, no leave car with them because they can tell you that it isn't there anymore only to go behind ya back to remove it... Do your due diligence
Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by conyema12(m): 12:22am On Dec 19, 2021
I will be using this to tune up my V6 … has anyone used it before. I got good recommendations for it on Jumia and I have ordered one for my RAV4 I hope it works for me

Re: Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:10am On Dec 20, 2021
It's the final business week of 2021. Let's do this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. / Cost Of O2 Sensor / 5 Ways Your Car Tyres Will Help You Save On Petrol During This Recession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.