Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Turning Off Read Recipts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Turning Off Read Recipts (677 Views)

Black Woman Arrested In The UK For Turning A White Man To Pet / Keke Driver Advises Women To Stop Turning Them Down / Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turning Off Read Recipts by Draslo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
I'm posting this here, in this section because of the background of the matter.

Me, I just want to ask, does it make you a bad person to decide to turn off read receipts on all IM apps?
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by chatinent: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
Draslo:

Me, I just want to ask, does it make you a bad person to decide to turn off read receipts on all IM apps?

No.
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by MufasaLion: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Absolutely not, but I don't do it.
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by Draslo(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
Absolutely not, but I don't do it.
Bro..this fight..I'm sick of it.
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by MufasaLion: 4:01am On Oct 01, 2021
Draslo:

Bro..this fight..I'm sick of it.

Lol

You can't live to satisfy people. Let them say whatever they want.
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by Flytime: 4:05am On Oct 01, 2021
Draslo:

there is nothing wrong with it,I do it and only turn it on when I want someone to know I’ve read his or her message or viewed his or her status

I hate the feeling of mistakenly opening a message and having to reply even if I don’t want to but I have too since it has shown I’ve read the text
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by Magnoliaa(f): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2021
Don't like it, don't do it, will never do... And I absolutely do not get the reasons people give for doing so. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING justifies it to me. I don't care for the reason. It doesn't matter. Still doesn't make sense to me. Whether it's because a boss or a duty or customers or chykers or family members.

But do you. It's ticks and notifications. It doesn't make anyone a bad person.

Just (don't) let me catch you that you're viewing my status secretly. That ninja-ish thing you want to do, the spying and whatever, because you don't want stress or unintended interaction with me, then go and chill and practice your skill in my mute land. You can totally be prevented from seeing anything that has to do with me then, abi?

P.S.: Nobody should quote me about how I take things too seriously or whatever. If it's not the 9th Wonder of the World you're revealing to me, jump and pass my comment. Or I alternatively ignore you sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by Octopusssy(f): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2021
Nope. It just means you're avoiding the hassles of having to interact with people
Re: Turning Off Read Recipts by Draslo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
Flytime:
there is nothing wrong with it,I do it and only turn it on when I want someone to know I’ve read his or her message or viewed his or her status

I hate the feeling of mistakenly opening a message and having to reply even if I don’t want to but I have too since it has shown I’ve read the text
You get. Sometimes sef, local man needs to think before making some replies.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Shortest Range Of Time You've Ever Dated Someone?? / Internet Set Ablaze As Delta Man Set To Wed Two Pregnant Women Same Day / Hot Bath Vs Cold Bath:which One Is The Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.