Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? (11210 Views)

Married To A Man Who Doesn't Want Me To Grow / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / Is A Man Of 36 Without A Good Relationship And A Well Paid Job Be Termed A Loser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by adesegun121(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Antoeni(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2021
Who you dey ask?
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by TooMuchStuff: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.
P
I will people to share their opinions on this.

You are a 100% Replica of TooMuchStuff......

Been so after surviving some deadly spiritual attack
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2021
Yes!
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by naturefellow(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2021
Only in Nigeria is where anomaly is normal

3 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by marttye(f): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2021
yes in this our Nigeria copy copy oyibo society .yes one can be termed or seen as such
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2021
It is obvious, no one needs to tell you, they are abnormal for thinking you are abnormal because you are not craving for what they crave for, in fact, you are even lucky because you are not occupied trying to satisfy those urges. It means you can use your time for perhaps something more productive.

Those are just social constructs, not a necessity.

As long as you have satisfaction in something creative, and you have found creative outlets of expression where you are happy and relaxed, or where you develop ideas and grow. Then you are not missing out, really, because you are making maximum use of your time and have satisfaction.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Freelane33(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2021
DEAR PAULAVON , they are right and on the same note they are wrong . My perspective will always be my perspective and your perspective will always be your perspective plus their perspective will always theirs . To you if you think you are normal with the way things are goin in your life then you’re are” normal” from the perspective you are looking at yourself from . Don’t let anyone tell you what you know cool. You are normal
paulavon:
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Celebrityblog: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

OP, if you don't womanize some will say that you are a closet gay

You even take a bit article, some don't even take at all.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by emmyileri(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

Are you born again? Bad company corrupts good manners.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by babtoundey(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
Craving for money is not a social vices. How you go about satisfying your craves is what you can term positive or negative.

It is normal not to womanize, drink, smoke or engage in all those nonsense people tag actions in vogue. I don't do any of those and I never for once felt abnormal. What I consider abnormal in your own case is not "craving for money" in this Nigeria economy. Unless you have more than enough to satisfy your present and future needs, not craving for money makes you weird.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Fatalveli(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Means you will continue to be ruled over.

The money aspect is highly important, because money equates status which in turn equates power.

I feel highly uncomfortable when someone of higher status than me uses it over me,

Every other thing doesn’t really matter, but money haha. Count me the fvck in when it’s Mulla
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Falconx47: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

You're very normal, so long as your reason for not indulging are based on your principles and you respect the choices of those who do without prejudice. Saying a "man" must do any of those things is awful falsehood, but remember not indulging in them doesn't necessarily make you a better person, nor should it be worn like a badge of honour.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Not craving money does not make him weird, although it may seem weird to us, it is still a construct of society.

Holistically he is not weird, but from our limited knowledge, he is weird.

But then again you have really asked what I am curious about, why is he not craving for money, I do crave for money. grin grin grin.

You gotta pay bills, plan ahead, money is essential, a necessity, so why is he not craving for money, I don't understand

babtoundey:
Craving for money is not a social vices. How you go about satisfying your craves is what you can term positive or negative.

It is normal not to womanize, drink, smoke or engage in all those nonsense people tag actions in vogue. I don't do any of those and I never for once felt abnormal. What I consider abnormal in your own case is not "craving for money" in this Nigeria economy. Unless you have more than enough to satisfy your present and future needs, not craving for money makes you weird.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Illusioneffect(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Some introverts feel at home with people they are close to, they could even be the loudest in the room when they are with friends but outside they.... I mean i am something else

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by ddeola: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
Don't mind dem. It's because the present age is corrupt and decayed. I have been accused that my willy is not working too because I choose to live right. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SocialJustice: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

Don't mind those fools, you are very normal. The world is just a mess.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SapphireBlue: 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Normally,as a guy man,you supposed to dey package one of those things na..

Personally cha,I don't smoke,I don't drink ,I don't club and I don't womanize....But when it comes to gist about football,count me in....But majority of my nighas dey package all of them......
in fact,I can't make a Nigha who doesn't like watching or gisting about football my friend...

Moreover,I near say smokers can easily make friends cheesy. Like one or two of my nigha's wey dey smoke don confirm am to me cha..

This is the dumbest sh!t I have ever read on nairaland.
Are there really people that think like you in real life?
Who even wants you as a friend?
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by kingemaker(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ironically, this same people likely envy your lifestyle. Be careful around such people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
except for the not craving for money, one needs to earn.

kingemaker:
Ironically, this same people likely envy your lifestyle. Be careful with such people
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Cousin9999: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
Don't associate with massively insecure people. They're so insecure that it's a mental íllness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Polynek(m): 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
I don't see anything strange here, many guys out there doesn't smoke, womanize and drink.
Not as if am d too church type but I Don't do any of those things mentioned above, is against my lifestyle
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by babtoundey(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Not craving money does not make him weird, although it may seem weird to us, it is still a construct of society.

Holistically he is not weird, but from our limited knowledge, he is weird.

But then again you have really asked what I am curious about, why is he not craving for money, I do crave for money. grin grin grin.

You gotta pay bills, plan ahead, money is essential, a necessity, so why is he not craving for money, I don't understand

Yu are right.. Probably I was judging him from the vintage of my own outlooks towards life. I believe money is one of the basic necessities of life, no matter how small.

Probably, I misconstrued his not "craving for money". He could mean that he is immuned to "get-rich-quick syndrome" and the greed to satisfy material needs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by foreverproduct: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Let the word of God be your standard, not people's opinion
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
this can explain it better, exactly, not craving for money that one discards appropriate principles, and becomes dubious.

babtoundey:

Yu are right.. Probably I was judging him from the vintage of my own outlooks towards life. I believe money is one of the basic necessities of life, no matter how small.

Probably, I misconstrued his not "craving for money". He could mean that he is immuned to "get-rich-quick syndrome" and the greed to satisfy material needs.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by babtoundey(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
SeriouslySense:
this can explain it better, exactly, not craving for money that one discards appropriate principles, and becomes dubious.

Exactly.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by CUMIN: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:
I was even attacked the most by the lady.
She said I should go and check myself, that something was wrong with me.

I am not a righteous person, I have friends who drink, smoke and womanise but I just don't get involved.

I have been reflecting on her comments and I felt the need to seek for other opinions to know if I am normal.

You live among depraved souls.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by UnBlonde: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
Pls come and marry me na wink you're my kind of man, my spec wink I hope you're calm and peace loving too. Truth is do you, be you, don't let anyone make you feel less of yourself because you're not like 'everyone'. Keep being the best version of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by kingemaker(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
SeriouslySense:
except for the not craving for money, one needs to earn.

True
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Comsky: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Bro, don't let them deceive and derail you. I don't drink, smoke and club and I am perfectly normal. Don't allow society, people and things define your personality. Don't be influenced but influence others.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by purples25(f): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
After doing the wrong things. They all turn around and try to make themselves look better and holier than those who they did worse than.

They always turn around. Everybody does. So don't be fooled. Stick to good habits. Don't let them put you in a pit, after some years they turn holy and leave you in a mess!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Jaqenhghar: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

You live in an abnormal country among abrnomal people so to them the normal is abnormal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is A God-fearing Individual? / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed / Plans changed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.