Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,848 members, 7,817,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? (11209 Views)

Married To A Man Who Doesn't Want Me To Grow / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / Is A Man Of 36 Without A Good Relationship And A Well Paid Job Be Termed A Loser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by teemac01(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2021
you are looking for validation that from where you dont need it...

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by naija1stnigar(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.

I will people to share their opinions on this.
they are telling you their own standard for life you will only give in to them or take them serious if you don't have a standard for your own life, none of those values they mentioned can take a man higher than good virtues and hard work.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SimplePlan34: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Yes o in today's world u are considered abnormal. I am over 30 and I am not married don't bring women home although I play away match don't drink don't smoke just by myself and the whole area knows me as wired. An incident occurred in my compound where a married man sexually abused a little girl. Men if u see how ppl were expecting it to be me ehh I am just amazed. I just block my ear from side talk. Most ppl don't believe I am Yoruba cos I have not gotten married. They don't see economic hardship as an excuse.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Meedon: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
This are the kinds of words that pushed me to do things against my will.

Mhen, humans are wicked. You can't please them. One is even on my neck, pressuring me to womanize.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Solatium(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:
I was having a conversation with a lady and two guys a couple of days ago, and in the course of the conversation I told them I rarely drink alcohol (just a bottle of Heineken in a month or two), I don't smoke, I don't womanize and I don't crave for money.
I was told that I wasn't normal, that an average man must indulge in one or two of those vices.

Don't let them mess you up,
i have never tasted Alcohol all my life.
I have never smoked a stick of cigarettes for once in my life.
i don't womanize,but if i see chance i dey Bleep other babes that catches my fancy apart from my wife,you are normal, nothing is wrong with you,as a matter of fact those who are speaking to you pray the overcome their own addiction
just stay in your lane

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Candycrushy(f): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
chatinent:
I don't smoke, drink, womanise, too dey crave for money, watch football, club ...and when sb tells me I ain't normal, I am glad. It doesn't mean I don't have fun, I do in my own special way with fam! We go out too, of course!

Why am I glad? That's what I always want to hear. Because when I am becoming “normal” then there is a problem. But when I am not “normal,” it makes me know I am still very very normal... I even celebrate the news.

What I do when I hear such: I remove squares out of my circles.

Case solved.

My dear you’re so normal. Do things that makes u comfortable and happy

I’m a female, i dont too crave money as well and i dont care if some unnecessary people see it as being weird

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good to know that I am not alone in this.
TooMuchStuff:

You are a 100% Replica of TooMuchStuff......

Been so after surviving some deadly spiritual attack

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by chatinent: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Candycrushy:

I’m a female, i dont too crave money as well and i dont care if some unnecessary people see it as being weird

Gbamsolutely.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
I use my time to study, work, listen to educative programs on TV and radio, watch soccer and take care of my family.
SeriouslySense:
It is obvious, no one needs to tell you, they are abnormal for thinking you are abnormal because you are not craving for what they crave for, in fact, you are even lucky because you are not occupied trying to satisfy those urges. It means you can use your time for perhaps something more productive.

Those are just social constructs, not a necessity.

As long as you have satisfaction in something creative, and you have found creative outlets of expression where you are happy and relaxed, or where you develop ideas and grow. Then you are not missing out, really, because you are making maximum use of your time and have satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Lugianostar(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
You are termed but pretending @ the longrun?
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
I am a married man with kids which they are aware of. I can never be gay.
I appreciate beautiful women but I have self control.

Celebrityblog:

OP, if you don't womanize some will say that you are a closet gay

You even take a bit article, some don't even take at all.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
I am a Christian but not the churchy type. As a Catholic I attend mass every Sunday and I do my best to live upright
emmyileri:

Are you born again? Bad company corrupts good manners.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by AquilasDei: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:
I am a Christian but not the churchy type. As a Catholic I attend mass every Sunday and I do my best to live upright
That alone wouldn't get you to heaven
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
You have a very functional and normal Life, which I may add, has further potentials and it seems you know it. And you are lucky, in the sense that, you don't have urges that make you deviate from a stable schedule.

Some people like more risks, their brains are wired differently, due to genetics, and early childhood, they are preoccupied with some, should i say addictions, like looking for hookups, desire to be drunk, or drugs.

Those activities put one at risk and danger.

For example.
1) Psychopaths need the thrills, they are easily bored, and want something dangerous.
2) Some just want to have so much fun, without control.
3) Some love adventure, want to keep exploring without it they become restless.

You are lucky in the sense that,

1) You don't smoke, which is healthy for the lungs.
2) You are more at home, which is good for your family.
3) You listen to educative programmes, which means, you are adding wisdom to yourself and will keep growing wise.
4)You study, which means you are growing and you will grow, where you study.
5) You take care of your family, which means, you are bringing up a responsible generation ahead and possibly will have a significant impact on your family.
6) You watch soccer, you need relaxation, you need your time, you need to let go of all responsibility and just pause, forget, so you can come back stronger, so yes, you have made time for relaxation I believe.

So their opinions are really not adding any value here unless they suggested something that will bring more harmony to you.

paulavon:
I use my time to study, work, listen to educative programs on TV and radio, watch soccer and take care of my family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
We all need money and I hustle to make mine.
When I said I don't crave for it; it's not something I can betray a friend for, lie or steal just to make it.

babtoundey:
Craving for money is not a social vices. How you go about satisfying your craves is what you can term positive or negative.

It is normal not to womanize, drink, smoke or engage in all those nonsense people tag actions in vogue. I don't do any of those and I never for once felt abnormal. What I consider abnormal in your own case is not "craving for money" in this Nigeria economy. Unless you have more than enough to satisfy your present and future needs, not craving for money makes you weird.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
I respect knowledge and intelligence more than money.
A fool with money will not go far in life.

Fatalveli:
Means you will continued to be ruled over.

The money aspect is highly important, because money equates status which in turn equates power.

I feel highly uncomfortable when someone of higher status than me uses it over me,

Every other thing doesn’t really matter, but money haha. Count me the fvck in when it’s Mulla

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2021
I don't judge anyone or look at anyone as bad.

My best friend doesn't drink alcohol at all or smoke but he womanizes.

I have another close friend who likes to drink and womanise but he doesn't smoke.
When we go out he will mock me for drinking only one bottle and call me a woman. I won't even mind him.

Falconx47:

You're very normal, so long as your reason for not indulging are based on your principles and you respect the choices of those who do without prejudice. Saying a "man" must do any of those things is awful falsehood, but remember not indulging in them doesn't necessarily make you a better person, nor should it be worn like a badge of honour.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Klass99(f): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by trevorhorace(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

Bro you are on the right track. Don't get influenced by peer pressure. Be happy that your kind is rare. The society and world we live in is already dead in immorality and anomalies. So seeing someone who is still normal would normally spark outrage in the multitudes of abnormal people.

You are living a clean healthy life and that's class.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by havigold(f): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

I am PROUD to say my SPOUSE falls into this HIGH PROFILE and healthy habits as you ...
Not a crazy football enthusiast but watches it when necessary
And to crown it all his CLOSE FRIENDS are A BOTTLE of GROUND NUTS with BLUES and REGGAE MUSIC..
Health , relationship, financial and business , family life we have been wonderful without the stories of " they said , she said stories

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by dalass(f): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

Its so sad that if one is into different vices, you're normal but termed abnormal when you decide to be different and free from those things.. I've been called "different"," strange" etc.

I don't give a flying fvck

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by femi4: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

They are wrong. It's not written anywhere that a man must do one of those three. It's just a myth that's become a cliche

I don't do the three also but I crave for money. You need money to achieve your goals in life. You definitely have problem there

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
Nice one
Solatium:

Don't let them mess you up,
i have never tasted Alcohol all my life.
I have never smoked a stick of cigarettes for once in my life.
i don't womanize,but if i see chance i dey Bleep other babes that catches my fancy apart from my wife,you are normal, nothing is wrong with you,as a matter of fact those who are speaking to you pray the overcome their own addiction
just stay in your lane
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by 24brains(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
bukatyne:

Well, tell them you are not average cool

In the world of today, called 'abnormal' is becoming a virtue.
it reminds me of wayward DJs, wayward HYPMEN, wayward BALLERs, wayward AZAMEN. them no dey hear word, they are wayward and proud.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Sagefromtheeast: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
Only if he's gay cheesy wink
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
paulavon:

I don't know what any alcoholic brand taste like and neither was I womaniser before I married. It's all about choices and concepts, and I was a very normal person. People tend to make you feel unworthy if you are not like them. I made sure that any woman that drinks has nothing to do with me.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by 24brains(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2021
Candycrushy:

make we hook up abeg. Your type is rare to find. I'm financially stable and capable to take care of you and our future kids. DM me lets host a date.
Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by Cindy222(f): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
chatinent:
I don't smoke, drink, womanise, too dey crave for money, watch football, club ...and when sb tells me I ain't normal, I am glad. It doesn't mean I don't have fun, I do in my own special way with fam! We go out too, of course!

Why am I glad? That's what I always want to hear. Because when I am becoming “normal” then there is a problem. But when I am not “normal,” it makes me know I am still very very normal... I even celebrate the news.

What I do when I hear such: I remove squares out of my circles.

Case solved.

Awwwn smiley..... I am so proud of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Your message made a lot of sense.

It is difficult for me to understand from the perspective of someone who does things that puts him at risks.
I don't like night life,I like to do things during the day.
I drink only one bottle of beer so that I can have control over my speech and actions.
I can never be restless, I can stay indoor morning till night as long as there is light and my phone is up.

I have a son who can't stay in one place for long, he likes taking risks even if he gets beaten for it.Your message just made me to accept him for who he is.

SeriouslySense:
You have a very functional and normal Life, which I may add, has further potentials and it seems you know it. And you are lucky, in the sense that, you don't have urges that make you deviate from a stable schedule.

Some people like more risks, their brains are wired differently, due to genetics, and early childhood, they are preoccupied with some, should i say addictions, like looking for hookups, desire to be drunk, or drugs.

Those activities put one at risk and danger.

For example.
1) Psychopaths need the thrills, they are easily bored, and want something dangerous.
2) Some just want to have so much fun, without control.
3) Some love adventure, want to keep exploring without it they become restless.

You are lucky in the sense that,

1) You don't smoke, which is healthy for the lungs.
2) You are more at home, which is good for your family.
3) You listen to educative programmes, which means, you are adding wisdom to yourself and will keep growing wise.
4)You study, which means you are growing and you will grow, where you study.
5) You take care of your family, which means, you are bringing up a responsible generation ahead and possibly will have a significant impact on your family.
6) You watch soccer, you need relaxation, you need your time, you need to let go of all responsibility and just pause, forget, so you can come back stronger, so yes, you have made time for relaxation I believe.

So their opinions are really not adding any value here unless they suggested something that will bring more harmony to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
Thanks for the nice message
trevorhorace:

Bro you are on the right track. Don't get influenced by peer pressure. Be happy that your kind is rare. The society and world we live in is already dead in immorality and anomalies. So seeing someone who is still normal would normally spark outrage in the multitudes of abnormal people.

You are living a clean healthy life and that's class.

1 Like

Re: Can A Matured Person Who Doesn't Indulge In Social Vices Be Termed Abnormal? by paulavon: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
You are a good man..respect

NetValueFX:

I don't know what any alcoholic brand taste like and neither was I womaniser before I married. It's all about choices and concepts, and I was a very normal person. People tend to make you feel unworthy if you are not like them. I made sure that any woman that drinks has nothing to do with me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse??? / Who Is A God-fearing Individual? / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.