Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? (13534 Views)

What Should This Woman Do? Please Advice. / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / What Should A Woman Do If Her Husband Flirts Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by ochukoccna: 7:10pm On May 31, 2011
mama-gee:

Slap the living heck out of him and make him wake up. . .

Or just pour cold or hot water on him. . .

What great advice! angry angry angry angry angry
Ever heard of domestic violence
No be yankee she dey O!
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Renzi(f): 7:49pm On May 31, 2011
Leave the man, don't see any thing good coming out of that marriage, but hold on. Is it that the woman did not know he was a drunk before she got married
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2011
mama-gee:

Slap the living heck out of him and make him wake up. . .

Or just pour cold or hot water on him. . .

Homey would you do that to me?
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Sparkle777(f): 8:31pm On May 31, 2011
While prayer is good, knowledge of what to do also matters since the bible says that, My pple perish cos of lack of knowlegde. Madam ur hubby needs help ie medically,psychologically,mentally etc. Its up to you to know how best to help him. Goodluck.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by koolguy88(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2011
as a woman, try to be with ur man all the time, most especially in the evenings when he's off duty, play wif him, engage him wif what you like, if he wants to drink, go to the bar wif him, know his guage for drink and brands, know the type of friends he keeps, make him happy
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Outstrip(f): 10:24pm On May 31, 2011
koolguy88:

as a woman, try to be with your man all the time, most especially in the evenings when he's off duty, play wif him, engage him wif what you like, if he wants to drink, go to the bar wif him, know his guage for drink and brands, know the type of friends he keeps, make him happy

so while she is busy babysitting the grown as s man who is raising the kids. you people should get real. nobody can help him but himself. she can only be a supportive partner
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by chelseabmw(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2011
if u husband is drunk,u know what to do. . .na we go teach u work? grin
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Theblessed(f): 11:23pm On May 31, 2011
[size=16pt]Hey, lady if your husband is addicted to alcohol, I'll advise you ensure he gets spiritual healing from a living Church. 

But, I'll like to ask, do you yourself drink?  Because, if you do it's likely that's the reason he doesn't want to quit or do something about his habit.

Therefore, since his weakness is alcohol, wean yourself of alcohol too but more importantly, take him to the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Nigeria in fact, they have a branch in London.

Google them, immediately and follow on screen instructions and your case will be a thing of the past as they say but you must have Faith that he will be delivered from this demon!

Remember, without Faith there is not healing! God respond to your needs through your Faith in him - having total confidence and trust him and putting him first in everything you do. God bless!
[/size]
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by duduspace(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2011
Evil Brain:

I reading through the responses and laughing at how little most of you women understand men. Let me just save everybody some time and give you the koko.

It is impossible to change a man's behavior by praying, begging, lecturing, nagging or b.itching. You can try witholding sex only if you want to get divorced quickly.

The only effective way to make a man do what you want is to use positive reinforcement. That means giving rewards for good behavior rather than punishing bad. You act normally when he comes home drunk, but when he comes early and sober, you cook his favourite meal, sit on his lap and rub his belle. You bounce on his kini enthusiastically when he treats you well, maybe even give some oral pleasure. If he misbehaves, you lie there like a log of wood.

Did I mention that you should never, ever withold s.ex? Anyway, positive reinforcement is the secret to a happy marriage. Forget all the nosense others have posted above.

This sounds like one of those textbook hypothesis that never work in real life or at their best work for an extremely limited set of people(with more than a few screws loose) but don't work for everybody and can even become counter productive. Most drunks get all the reinforcement they need (either positive or negative) from alcohol or why on earth do you think they keep going back for more despite the following hangover?  undecided

Do you also think its that easy to turn emotions on/off like a switch or when did human feelings  become digital switches? and why on earth should anyone become emotionless just because someone supposed to be an adult abdicates his responsibility, do you really think that is good for her mental health or don't you know that repressed emotions usually find their expression in other even more sickening ways?
If this woman for example takes your advice and ends up sleeping with her own son because she is trying some cock and bull reinforcement technique with some silly husband won't you turn around and blame her? undecided
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by hasonjack: 12:25am On Jun 01, 2011
The best solution is to tape him discreetly while drunk perhaps especially when he is aggressive. That way he might see how he is perceived from the outside. INNIT?
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Biabeke(f): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2011
Squat over him and urinate on him when he is lying in a supine position. He will wake up and wonder what hit him.  That is what I call tough love.  lipsrsealed shocked
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by xynerise: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2011
^ imagine .
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by nancyekpoh(f): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2011
Pray earnestly for him, talk to him calmly especially when he is not drunk, when is in his right mode let him know the consequences of being drunk and the trauma he puts u, (the wife) whenever he is drunk. Always let him know that he can stop drinking only if he will determine to do so. And don't forget to show him love.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by swagalish: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
Some good slaps will do. Cos under such a condition whn she applies force to the slap the hubby's eyes will be cleared of alchol.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Dorisy(f): 1:43am On Jun 02, 2011
At Outstrip, I gbadun your reply jare, just throw a pilliow over the fence and sleep well that night. Then open the door or gate when you are all dressed up to go to work. That way u avoid the beatings from the drunk, then come home when he is off to the beer parlour to drink again.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Leilah(f): 4:19am On Jun 02, 2011
Give him a cuppa coffee, a VERY STRONG cuppa grin tell him about all those good times you had when he was 'sober' reiterate that u love him. Don't call him a drunkard. Just say ha ha I think u need a coffee and something heavy to eat. But long term, wow depending on the severity of it. I can tell u all my dad was a raving alcoholic. My mother stood by him until he died. Even though he was missing for years! they are Irish though ha ha!

On a serious note, he has to cut down the amount gradually and if he cant he can get sleeping tablets of the doctor which wont make he want to drink.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Leilah(f): 4:27am On Jun 02, 2011
LOL the taping thing is very funny but he will find that intimidating, this is a naija man o! u just tell him to cut down or he will have a liver problem, I now lots a men here in Ireland that died of Liver malfuntion but awareness is the key.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by Leilah(f): 4:29am On Jun 02, 2011
In Ireland, we just join them on 'the weekends' we party with our own hubby's. Whether it be indoors or outdoors we do that. We dont just let a man go drunk to some club or something.
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by koolguy88(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2011
In Ireland, we just join them on 'the weekends' we party with our own hubby's. Whether it be indoors or outdoors we do that. We dont just let a man go drunk to some club or something.

this is the real woman talking,
Re: What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? by lastpage: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2011
@Outstrip
Why does she keep unlocking the door when he gets home? Don't they have those burglary proof things you put behind doors anymore? If you want to be nice you can throw a pillow over the fence.
First, your Neighbors will notice that you lock your husband out of the house! Then your children will notice too!!

Then, hopefully one day, he will get murdered for the "Nice Wristwatch" or Italian Shoe the drunkard was wearing grin

Guess who everyone will be calling a Murderer? wink wink tongue

BTW: I think the suggestion of "Taking his picture" and showing him when he is sober will work wonders! grin
Dont do it to denigrate him, just show him privately and ask him "if this is how he likes to be remembered"?
If he is a decent person and even more importantly, IF HE VALUES YOU, he will kick the habit himself otherwise, he is a lost cause!

Believe me, l am speaking from an experience of over two decades ago grin grin
Shaayo na bastard! kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Increase Your Family Income With This Info / Songs To Remember From Childhood. / Punishment You Hated As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.