Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? (23698 Views)

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / Couple Eat Alone With Their Kids At Fast Food Ignore Their Maid, Nigerians Angry / No Money No Sex: Zimbabwean Wife Demands Money From Husband Before Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by MhiztaFrank(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2021
Don't start what you cannot keep all in the name of emotions or love

Just saying
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Abdhool(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
My wife does that severally but me I no dey replicate that o, if na me dey house and she no dey, me I dey chop wela before she returns.
I love her completely, I only want her to know she can do some certain things in my absence and vice versa
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by armyofone(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2021
If he is late, eat alone. Eating late is very bad for your health.

ashewoboy:
What is your take? should a wife wait for her husband to come back from work or wherever he is before she eats or she should eat alone?

Share your take.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by watchindelta(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2021
Depend on time schedule of the husband , if the man go come 9 or 12 o'clock no need to wait na! If they normal time eating now 7oclock.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Probz(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
She should eat whenever the hell she’s hungry. Is it not her who cooks the food 99% of the time?

People should respect themselves on an autonomous basis in this day and age. Your stomach needs shouldn’t be dependent on the ‘oga’ of the house.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Akorkor(f): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
vibbb:
Lol, for new couple at honeymoon stage (1- 2 years) 100% allowed. But at see finish stage if u meet your food on the diny table you are blessed not to talk of eating together because mostly at this stage you are tends to dish your food all by yourself.

See finish stage cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by loswhite(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2021
ashewoboy:

won't the husband find it disrespectful? "like are you supposed to be eating before I return?" what if that is what the husband wants? what should the wife do?
What is disrespectful? Someone should wait and starve as a sign of respect for the husband....lol really!!!! This is complete madness
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by TheGift: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
ashewoboy:
What is your take? should a wife wait for her husband to come back from work or wherever he is before she eats or she should eat alone?

Share your take.
What’s with all this seeking for generally applicable rules to be bound by?

Why not leave each couple to decide what works for them?

What if She has an ulcer or is on some medication that requires Her to eat at certain times? Of what use will be your ‘useless’ rules?
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by TheGift: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
TheGift:

What’s with all this seeking for generally applicable rules to be bound by?

Why not leave each couple to decide what works for them?

What if She has an ulcer or is on some medication that requires Her to eat at certain times? Of what use will be your ‘useless’ rules?
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by blesoh(f): 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
He comes home from 9pm so i can't wait for him, na hunger go kill me grin
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by mcdokwe(m): 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
She should better eat o, unless she is not hungry. But if she is consistent in waiting for me, that would be an effective way of bringing me home earlier that I may intend to come as I won't want her to starve waiting for me. And it goes to show me how much she loves me
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Jamahyel(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
Their headache.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by foreveryoung1515(f): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
Waiter ni
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Hotguy27: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
ashewoboy:

Share your take.

We are about to celebrate 10th anniversary and till date my wife waits for me despite my several appeals for her not to.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by DimkpaEnugu: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
vibbb:
Lol, for new couple at honeymoon stage (1- 2 years) 100% allowed. But at see finish stage if u meet your food on the diny table you are blessed not to talk of eating together because mostly at this stage you are tends to dish your food all by yourself.

laugh no gree me ... u sabi jare.... see finish stage��
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by DimkpaEnugu: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
[quote author=slawormiir post=106356443]Damnnn niggarrrr

For this twenty first century...way husband nor dey quick come house in the evening.....

Na hungry go kill the woman

Make she dey wait...
Imagine me a real niggarrr go come manage to marry last last.....then my wife go dey wait for me.....me way go dey enter house around 2am and 3am after enough booze with my niggarrrrs for bar...

Then if na the period way she take dey nag......she nor go even see me for house for like three days.....

slawormirr the nairaland best guy.... nairaland most senior guy wey him comment dey entertain us all ....kudos....

sla
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by bouremie(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
I don't think there's a written rule or manual to this things as what works for A might not work for B so it all depends on the individuals. If both are at home and feel like eating together why not and if it's the other way round too I don't see any big deal in it. It's not mandatory to wait for one's spouse before eating.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Candycrushy(f): 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2021
ashewoboy:

Share your take.
I’ve never loved eating alone
When i get married, it’ll be sweeter eating with my lovely hubby
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Heroicvic(m): 6:37am On Oct 03, 2021
Waiting for your spouse to return before eating? Na ulcer go kill you
What happened to filling your stomach first then act otherwise when he comes back grin[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Papadoh(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2021
Depends on how hungry you are sha. Just remember that ulcer is real.
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Alwaysmiling(f): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Waiting is personal decision. To me I stopped waiting for him abeg, before hungry kill me
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by frozen70(f): 10:43am On Oct 03, 2021
ashewoboy:

Share your take.

It depends on the pressure and task she has

She may get exhausted, attending to the children and house activities, so once food is done, she will have to eat, but when hubby is back, she will seat by him while hubby eats
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by ImaIma1(f): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2021
ashewoboy:

It doesn't mean. A wife material would wait. If he says he doesn't want to eat then she can now eat her own food. That is how wife materials docheesy.

At least that one is material and not a human being cheesy
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Thazard(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

For this twenty first century...way husband nor dey quick come house in the evening.....

Na hungry go kill the woman

Make she dey wait...
Imagine me a real niggarrr go come manage to marry last last.....then my wife go dey wait for me.....me way go dey enter house around 2am and 3am after enough booze with my niggarrrrs for bar...

Then if na the period way she take dey nag......she nor go even see me for house for like three days.....

grin
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by chatinent: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2021
Obaxxx:
lipsrsealed
Like what my brother chatinet already said, waiting is a personal decision....

But lemme quickly ask this--"what if that's the last meal,and there's no money to prepare another meal,or Probably it's night already? Wouldn't it be a nice idea or an expression of love for the banny to wait for her hubby?
Gbamsolutely
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Elporo(m): 11:54am On Oct 13, 2021
frozen70:

It depends on the pressure and task she has

She may get exhausted, attending to the children and house activities, so once food is done, she will have to eat, but when hubby is back, she will seat by him while hubby eats

Very sezzy grin
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by drnoel: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
vibbb:

A matter of opinion really. Have been married for 10 years and have kids and still ask my wife permission to take food from the pot i.e if she is the one that cooked.
And if I made the food she still asks my permission to take more after we have each dished.
I can add though that some Nigerian friends that have been opportuned to join us at the table have sometimes asked each of us what's wrong with us grin grin grin
I believe it depends on the hand you gave your partner or started with. Probably that's why some Nigerian friends find it odd, their problem not mine
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by frozen70(f): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Elporo:

Very sezzy grin

You are right, it helps to stimulate the night
Re: Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? by Saintmary(f): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
ashewoboy:

Share your take.

So, she should get ulcer because she got a husband?

I don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A closed mouth may soon turn to a dead body.Please your help is needed / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication / Housewife Slumps, Dies After Fight With Co-wife In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.