Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Virginity Is Just A Social Construct - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity Is Just A Social Construct (1905 Views)

Virginity Is The Best Wedding Gift Any Man Would Receive, Says Nigerian Man / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves / Valentine: "Fornication, Witchcraft Are Twin Sisters, Virginity Is The New Cool" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2021
Marrying a virgin or not is a choice that should be respected, and it's totally wrong to slut-shame someone who does the latter. It's also wrong to make fun of people who decide to do the former.
However, If you think sex is done only when there is penetration, jokes on you.

Furthermore, there are non-virgins who were 'disvirgined' against their will either by rape, or doing some sport activities.

I stand by the opinion that virginity is a social construct, targeted at women, and should be thrown into the bin.
If the idea of being one appeals to you? perfect, but putting others down is not it.

These men go ahead and sleep with whoever they want but the end of the day, they decide marrying a virgin is their trophy. It's sick and disgusting.

I don't even have the strength for back and forth bickering, y'all will be fine.
Stay safe

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Truvelisback(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

Listen to yourself boss. What does a lady stand to gain from marrying a virgin guy?
Always putting down rules for women but not for your gender.
It's vice versa. Ladies too enjoy the same. If the guy is or was a virgin when u met him, the tendency of him being faithful to u is there. And the tendency of him not sleeping around with girls is there too. When a virgin guy loves u, they mean it. Yes. So, as a lady, if u luckily finds one, don't take them 4 granted. Sadly, many ladies out there turns down their proposal or refuse to date them. perhaps, they feel they are too easy going or see them as mugu. My advice to ladies(virgin ladies or non Virgin ladies) out there, who are scared of heartbreak, go 4 virgin guys. Yes, they can be easily gotten but sadly they are less given attention to by ladies. I'm talking from experience. I have been with virgin girls and non virgins girls. I have been with virgin guys and non virgin guys.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:
Marrying a virgin or not is a choice that should be respected, and it's totally wrong to slut-shame someone who does the latter. It's also wrong to make fun of people who decide to do the former.
However, If you think sex is done only when there is penetration, jokes on you.

Furthermore, there are non-virgins who were 'disvirgined' against their will either by rape, or doing some sport activities.

I stand by the opinion that virginity is a social construct, targeted at women, and should be thrown into the bin.
If the idea of being one appeals to you? perfect, but putting others down is not it.

These men go ahead and sleep with whoever they want but the end of the day, they decide marrying a virgin is their trophy. It's sick and disgusting.

Thank goodness the high marital divorce rates due to promiscuity is strong evidence to get a chaste virgin with feminine attributes so you won't have sorrow in your marriage

Any double standards that doesn't benefit women is a social construct cheesy
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2021
Truvelisback:
It's vice versa. Ladies too enjoy the same. If the guy is or was a virgin when u met him, the tendency of him being faithful to u is there. And the tendency of him not sleeping around with girls is there too. When a virgin guy loves u, they mean it. Yes. So, as a lady, if u luckily finds one, don't take them 4 granted. Sadly, many ladies out there turns down their proposal or refuse to date them. perhaps, they feel they are too easy going or see them as mugu. My advice to ladies(virgin ladies or non Virgin ladies) out there, who are scared of heartbreak, go 4 virgin guys. Yes, they can be easily gotten but sadly they are less given attention to by ladies.

Men can't be virgins naturally we experience wet dreams
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Truvelisback(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

Bro, Men can be. Wet dreams has nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Truvelisback:

Wetdreams with perverse thought early morning without your control shows we Innately can't be chaste, women can never understand that experience
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2021
Truvelisback:

Early morning erection shows men can't be chaste
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

Wetdreams with perverse thought early morning without your control shows we Innately can't be chaste, women can never understand that experience

women don't have 'perverse thoughts' or sexual urges then?
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

women don't have 'perverse thoughts' or sexual urges then?

Get my point, wetdreams occurs without you consciously thinking of perverse thought in your sleep, the thought happens subconsciously and it's out of your control
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
matthew41:
I think the female vagina opening is designed that way to protect against insertion of dangerous objects and to prevent dirts from entering at young age as kids brains are not developed enough to take proper care of that opening. That’s the sharp pain felt when they try to put something in there which prevents them from reaching that area until they are old enough. Virginity just a word coined by we humans to cage the female gender because there no way you can know if a man have had sex or not.
It is indeed a cage for the female mind and nothing more. undecided

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Vinnie2000(m): 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
JESHAL:

What! shocked

You are SO WRONG! undecided

Wet dreams is just Emission of Accumulated sperms Not Needed in the Body@dat Time!
It is Almost like Female Menstruation!

A Guy loses his Virginity When he Fcvks a Girl and Ejaculates!
Or
When He masturbate and Releases! Not Through Wet Dreams!
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
Vinnie2000:

What! shocked

You are SO WRONG! undecided

Wet dreams is just Emission of Accumulated sperms Not Needed in the Body@dat Time!
It is Almost like Female Menstruation!

A Guy loses his Virginity When he Fcvks a Girl and Ejaculates!
Or
When He masturbate and Releases! Not Through Wet Dreams!

Remember you can't predict wetdreams, you can know your menstrual cycles and be prepared for it, women have hymen even as they release blood but it's not torn in the process, the penis has nothing of such
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is indeed a cage for the female mind and nothing more. undecided

That is why promiscuous mordern era where Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideology is accepted as a dominant ideology instead of religion has seen family values declined making children degenerates from broken homes as divorce increased because of hookup hedonistic culture celebrated by the society, since moral values of Chasity aren't celebrated in women again
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by DrayZee: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

So a lady does not deserve to be blessed with a virgin man? You people just put a lot of stupid pressure on women, and it's sick.

Also, if you can't share your opinion without insults, you don't deserve to be heard.
Do women want a virgin man?
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by bepositive11: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:
I've been seeing a lot of headlines on people 'bragging' about marrying virgins, and while nothing is wrong with that, although some tend to take it the extreme, it's absolutely wrong to put others down for not being or marrying virgins.

Virginity is a social construct, and mostly linked to cultural and biblical praise. Being a virgin or not does not add or reduces one's worth. Culture makes it seem that way.

Why don't we ask ourselves why the term is mostly used for women? More than half of virginity advocacy only focus on women. You can't tell if a man is a virginity or not because both genders' sex organs are built differently.

Many people don't even realize there are ways a person can be 'disvirgined' other than sex. Imagine marrying someone who hasn't had sex before but isn't a 'virgin,' and because the society sees being a virgin as something worthful, you become mad. Does that even make sense?

The worth of a woman is subjective. To you, virginity means nothing but to some men, virginity means everything.

There's undoubtedly a doubled standard when it comes to virginity for both genders.

In fact, I believe that more often than not, the men who place so much priority on virginity are insecure and have low self esteem. And guess what? Many men, in fact, most men have low self esteem

I personally don't believe that virginity determines the value of a woman, but the self discipline attached to it is what does. I have respect for women who have very high standards, so high that they don't feel the need to have sex with just any man for validation. These are women who know their worth

At the end of the day, so many women get used and dumped because they don't protect their virginity. Some end up becoming single moms. Some end up having abortions

Men and women will never be equal or the same. It's in a woman's best interest to only have sex with men who genuinely love and care about her. And if she does that, she'd remain a virgin till marriage or have a very low body count

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Qatar2022: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:
I've been seeing a lot of headlines on people 'bragging' about marrying virgins, and while nothing is wrong with that, although some tend to take it the extreme, it's absolutely wrong to put others down for not being or marrying virgins.

Virginity is a social construct, and mostly linked to cultural and biblical praise. Being a virgin or not does not add or reduces one's worth. Culture makes it seem that way.

Why don't we ask ourselves why the term is mostly used for women? More than half of virginity advocacy only focus on women. You can't tell if a man is a virginity or not because both genders' sex organs are built differently.

Many people don't even realize there are ways a person can be 'disvirgined' other than sex. Imagine marrying someone who hasn't had sex before but isn't a 'virgin,' and because the society sees being a virgin as something worthful, you become mad. Does that even make sense?

Why Nigerian girls condemned what they don't have?
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by SenecaTheYonger: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
DrayZee:
It may be a social construct, but so are all our laws and widely accepted values. The fact that it’s a social construct doesn’t make it valueless. Chastity is still quite a feat, especially in this age where sex is all everyone talks about.

These days, the shame/stigma is actually now on those who are virgins.

As in, I don't know what non-virgins are complaining about. It's the people that are not having sex that are being shamed. That's why I never miss any opportunity to shame a non-virgins.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee

Please pick a choice among the following options:

1) Tear rubber shiny brand new car

2) Used and battered car that has been repaired so many times as a result of involving in too many accidents. Also with a bad break, broken windshield, dead and worn out tyres, broken head lamps, rusty paint, AC not functioning, battered overused smoking engine, bad transmission, worn out seats, etc

Which one will you pick.

Modified:
Dreebieee come and answer this question or I would know that you are a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
DrayZee:
It may be a social construct, but so are all our laws and widely accepted values. The fact that it’s a social construct doesn’t make it valueless. Chastity is still quite a feat, especially in this age where sex is all everyone talks about.

These days, the shame/stigma is actually now on those who are virgins.
unlike the law it holds no real tangible value in society except momentarily in the minds of those who celebrate it. Once it is gone, like salt in the rain- those who were enamored are forced to move on or seek similar excitement elsewhere for that value... the law on the other hand is ever present, governing society and the lives of all those who live under it. Comparing it to this other social construct is akin to lipsrsealed. . undecided
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by DrayZee: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
unlike the law it holds no real tangible value in society except momentarily in the minds of those who celebrate it. Once it is gone, like salt in the rain- those who were enamored are forced to move on or seek similar excitement elsewhere for that value... the law on the other hand is ever present, governing society and the lives of all those who live under it. Comparing it to this other social construct is akin to lipsrsealed. . undecided
Value (in the society) is decided by what people collectively decide to cherish. That holds for virginity, as it holds for the law.
Fortunately (or not), these days, people have collectively decided to devalue virginity. So the worries of the OP and others should soon be abated.
We’ll eventually be having threads about how we should stop shaming virgins.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
DrayZee:
We’ll eventually be having threads about how we should stop shaming virgins.
If society ever falls that low, then we also consider the value in shaming people for being different which some already know is meaningless. undecided
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

2) Used and battered car that has been repaired so many times as a result of involving in too many accidents. Also with a bad break, broken windshield, dead and worn out tyres, broken head lamps, rusty paint, AC not functioning, battered overused smoking engine, bad transmission, worn out seats, etc

Which one will you pick.

Modified:
Dreebieee come and answer this question or I would know that you are a hypocrite.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2021
haslaw:

Which one will you pick.

Modified:

You'll be fine, boss. I know you'll be.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

You'll be fine, boss. I know you'll be.

Hypocrite.

You are option 2. Which means that you a used and battered car that has been repaired so many times as a result of involving in too many accidents. Also with a bad break, broken windshield, dead and worn out tyres, broken head lamps, rusty paint, AC not functioning, battered overused smoking engine, bad transmission, worn out seats, etc

How could you compare yourself with a brand new tear rubber shiny car? no be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
haslaw:

Hypocrite.

You are option 2. Which means that you a used and battered car that has been repaired so many times as a result of involving in too many accidents. Also with a bad break, broken windshield, dead and worn out tyres, broken head lamps, rusty paint, AC not functioning, battered overused smoking engine, bad transmission, worn out seats, etc

How could you compare yourself with a brand new tear rubber shiny car? no be juju be that?

Again boss, you'll be alright.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

Again boss, you'll be alright.

Bartered, damaged and bitter girl.

Please stop hating on those who had self discipline. No one forced you to open your legs anyhow.
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
haslaw:

Bartered, damaged and bitter girl.

Please stop hating on those who had self discipline. No one forced you to open your legs anyhow.

Love and light, boss
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

Love and light, boss

Na you sabi.

Virgins are to be treasured. Deep in the innermost part of your heart, you know this is true and no amount of subtle negetive campaign will change that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
haslaw:

Na you sabi.

Virgins are to be treasured. Deep in the innermost part of your heart, you know this is true and no amount of subtle negetive campaign will change that.

Pele o, mind reader
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by haslaw(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dreebieee:

Pele o, mind reader

Pele hanty wey hate virgins.

You have no one but yourself to blame for your decisions.
Let me remind you that every woman was born a virgin, That you threw yours away for a plate of indomie and egg does not give you the right to hate those ladies of virtue who had the discipline to say no and were focused.

Modified.
I am done talking you to on this topic and will henceforth not reply anymorre
Re: Virginity Is Just A Social Construct by Dreebieee(f): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2021
haslaw:

Pele hanty wey hate virgins.

You have no one but yourself to blame for your decisions.
Let me remind you that every woman was born a virgin, That you threw yours away for a plate of indomie and egg does not give you the right to hate those ladies of virtue who had the discipline to say no and were focused.

Modified.
I am done talking you to on this topic and will henceforth not reply anymorre

I'm pretty sure you thought this made sense to you. Maybe you should read up again and point out where it says I hate virgins.
You start something and end it with 'I am done talking to you...' so you feel like you've dropped a bomb, eh? I barely even replied you because it'll just be you dropping insults here and there. You need to get your head checked because if people like you exist in reality, humanity is doomed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did She Truly Love Me? I Need Your Advice Guys / Facts You Should Know About Women And Sex / Worst thing a Nigeria guy or girl has ever done to you? Say it all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.