Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? (31585 Views)

Apples Grow In Nigeria (Unseen Opportunities In Apple Farming) / 8 Fruits You Didn't Know Grow In Nigeria / Vanilla Chocolate Plant Can Grow In Nigeria: $67/kilo, Local Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by naturefellow(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2021
Princeadebayo11:

That apple flavor na chemical no be real Apple
especially that one in la casera

2 Likes

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Amadi84: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Apples grow in Nigeria especially in the South & Jos.
The WAMBUGU specie has been cultivated in Enugu, Awka and Akwa Ibom with great success.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Jonah507(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2021
popweezy:
It's grows

Is this Jos ?
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Deserea: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2021
fineboynl:
Apple can be grown in Nigeria but with Artificial climate. If it where to be the white man they would have fine something about it by growing Apple with artificial means. But remember we are block and block man doesn't think.
You that can think, what are you waiting for

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Limassol:
You mean strawberries grows in Jos? Kai! I swear if this is true that place is blessed.
yes it does . But the problem is transportation to where it is appropriated.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by redsun(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Newton2024:
Apple juice are not made of apple but are made of apple flavour. Apple flavour is a chemical that is produced in the laboratory. It smells and taste like real apple.

That is why it's killing dem and they don't know. It's a deadly cocktail of high sugar water and other concocted chemicals. Same as sodas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by RedEnergy: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2021
sinkhole:
at the bolded, what of Mambila Plateau?
Plateau State is the coldest, has highest ground elevation.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by dafeoroyo: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most
Expensive fruit here in Nigeria
One apple goes as high as 500 naira,
Most times I dey wonder how does apple juice sellers buy there apples and sell those juice at cheaper rate

Not company,i repeat no fruit juice in Nigeria uses original farm fresh fruits,all they use is flavours that's why their drinks are cheap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by RedEnergy: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2021
KUNTA007:

We call that place roots crops it’s managed by the federal government. It’s in Jo’s south just after National institute for policy and strategy studies NIPSS before you get to National veterinary research institute kvom NVRI. That’s where you will see the farm. But I believe the federal government uses it for research
You're totally correct. It was that research institute I went to many years ago around January ending. Spent 2 days there, and slept at the institute's guest house hotel accommodation. It was literally freezing overnight, despite not using AC or fan, we had to shut all the windows. It was so cold, even though I slept with blankets and wore clothes to sleep. They said the cold was already going when we came, that if we had come during December harmattan, we would have known what real cold is grin. Jos people are trying.

2 Likes

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by RedEnergy: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2021
dafeoroyo:

Not company,i repeat no fruit juice in Nigeria uses original farm fresh fruits,all they use is flavours that's why their drinks are cheap
100% true. I found out with coca cola. They call it "Concentrate". They import the concentrate from abroad and dilute it with other additives to make the carbonated drinks and juice. It's all chemicals, no real fruit. All that fruits claims etc is all scam. People are drinking formulated chemicals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by nnamdi640: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2021
SirLakes:

Even orange and pineapple juice na chemical flavor and sugar people dey gulp grin

All the juice sef grin
Yes, the juice of the fruits you mentioned are organic acid with chemical formulas and this made it possible to be prepared in laboratory without using the real juice.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by wallrichy: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2021
It's written that when the righteous leads a nation, when a good individual is at the helms of affair of a country, when the citizen are treated well and they are satisfied, when the small children are provided everything that makes them thrive and grow in all good things, when corruption is low or non existent, when there is no nepotism and in all, when there is always confession and forgiveness. Then your land will be productive, foreign produce will grow and thrive, lustre of fruits and seeds shall be found at your backyard, your gardens shall bear fruits less than the due seasons, sounds of joy shall fill your households and nations shall seek your face for solutions and wisdoms. Let Evil Buhari and his Fulani associates go away and let us get a godly man to lead this country, then evil shall be terminated forever. Get a man with wisdom Nd not a president of a dirty smelling tribes from Futa Jallon, a tribe of animal, a tribe of beasts and murderers....God would not tolerate nonsense again as he has tolerated the stupid and wicked son of Lucifer call Buhari, a devil with the head of an ostrich, a tribe of Murderers.

Natajo2021:
@OP u re such a funny person. Why would you expect Apple to grow in a country being ruled by the highest hierarchy of wicked of the wicked leaders in the World?
Apple cannot grow in a nation being governed by Buhari the wicked general from Niger republic, the desert land where nothing good thrive.
Buhari has transferred the wickedness of Nigerien to Nigeria.
Had it been a righteous leader is governing Nigeria , by now Apple would have been growing in Southern Nigeria.
It cost God nothing to make Apple fruits to grow in Yoruba land.
He has given us varieties of Apple trees already.
We have agbalumo, cocoa, coconut, orange, guava, lime and lemon, grape, tangerine, etc
Apple can grow in abundant in our sea shores.
Apple � � grow in Lagos Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo, coz we are children of God.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by KennethEnyi(m): 11:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Cheapgadget:
Is only evil apple that grows in Nigeria,

I love this fucking reply!!!!
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by SonyaSpence: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dagger111:

Yes, Florence Muringi Wambugu by name (born 23 August 1953) is a Kenyan plant pathologist and virologist. She is known for her advocacy of using biotechnology to increase food production in Africa.

She attended the University of Nairobi, Kenya, where she received her Bachelor of Science in botany and zoology. She obtained her Master of Science in botanical pathology from North Dakota State University, United States in 1984; and her PhD from the University of Bath, England in 1991.

Thanks

The Wambugu in question is a different one, a male named Peter Wambugu.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/farmkenya/article/2001342482/meet-the-inventor-of-wambugu-apples

Florence Wambugu is a Biotechnologist, a Professor at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Dagger111(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
SonyaSpence:

The Wambugu in question is a different one, a male named Peter Wambugu.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/farmkenya/article/2001342482/meet-the-inventor-of-wambugu-apples

Florence Wambugu is a Biotechnologist, a Professor at that.

Okay
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Sambab(m): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
Omicron007:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I bought one small sized apple the other day for Two Hundred Naira.
After consuming the fruit, I began to reminisce on how I have planted apple seeds as a young kid and watered them every time. Sadly, none of the seeds I planted was able to germinate.

Growing up, I once heard that Apples cannot grow in Nigeria because the land is not fertile enough.

So, does apple really grow in this country?
Have you seen an apple tree?

Yes, I have seen one apple tree inside one compound at mokola, Coca-Cola side in ibadan
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by haryomikun(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most
Most times I dey wonder how does apple juice sellers buy there apples and sell those juice at cheaper rate
Internal economies of scale
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by AlphaSoul: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Omicron007:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I bought one small sized apple the other day for Two Hundred Naira.
After consuming the fruit, I began to reminisce on how I have planted apple seeds as a young kid and watered them every time. Sadly, none of the seeds I planted was able to germinate.

Growing up, I once heard that Apples cannot grow in Nigeria because the land is not fertile enough.

So, does apple really grow in this country?
Have you seen an apple tree?
Apples [and Strawberries] grow
well in the temperate climate of
Jos, Plateau State, and are sold
in department stores around
Nigeria.

A lot of apples though are
imported into Lagos State via
Ghana and Cotonou.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Rawlingsko: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
Yes...Apple grows, blossoms and reproduces in Nigeria. Here are pictures of an Apple plant i have in my yard in Akure, Ondo State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by sunbreaker: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most
Bros you are drinking apple flavour not the real juice from apple
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Bobbykeenz1: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most

500 naira bros take it easy
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by SirLakes: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
nnamdi640:
Yes, the juice of the fruits you mentioned are organic acid with chemical formulas and this made it possible to be prepared in laboratory without using the real juice. Please before you start attacking someone's comment make sure you get your fact right.
Does my comment look like an attack, abi you wake from the wrong side of your bed.

I'm also supporting the person that all those juice are flavors and not real fruits.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by SirLakes: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
Rawlingsko:
Yes...Apple grows, blossoms and reproduces in Nigeria. Here are pictures of an Apple plant i have in my yard in Akure, Ondo State
I dey wait your pictures nah

Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by JoeEeL(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most

Cos they use chemically-produced apple sweeteners na.

Same for the useless orange juices una dey love to buy. grin
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by lereinter(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
inoki247:
All of you shouting yes in Jos why dem no dey sell am in bulk nd carry am come oda part of the country...

At least Soursop nd Sweetsop no b wetin common for Nigeria buh people are still planting it nd e dey grow...

Why to come see apple tree nd the fruit in abundant come hard laik say u dey find crude oil...

Thank You

By now jos should have been economically excellent if apple grows there
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by lereinter(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
All those saying apple grows in Jos, should snap picture and send it
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Shokoloko(f): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
chival:

Fridge and refrigerator are the same thing. Did you mean to write freezer?
Yes please, freezer.
Thanks for that correction
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by Ameduedwin: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
what I heard from the expert is that, before they import the The apple to this country they have injected the � with some substances in order to kill the seed for preventing it to grow in other parts of the country.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by nnamdi640: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
SirLakes:

Does my comment look like an attack, abi you wake from the wrong side of your bed.

I'm also supporting the person that all those juice are flavors and not real fruits.
Sorry for missing up your words.
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by ayojohn4real: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lol... so you believe those flavored juice are made of real fruit? homemade juice is the best
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

I don't think so
Cos apples are the most
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by maryalloy(f): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
Apple and strawberry grows in Jos
Re: Does Apple Grow In Nigeria? by DonroxyII: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Yes.

Grows in Jos.

But I believe it's not the same species as SA or Europe.
We are not also of the same specie with Europe ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hi There! Contact Us For Your Agricultural Processing Machines. / Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.