Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time (36171 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by obyrich(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
ezeomoba:
when u get to ore… dont forget to buy banana
Brother that Ore banana stopover during flight is something else o.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by riches4me(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
Since it's your first time. I'll need to read these.

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by ofiko123(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
Goodluck to you as you travel...
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by ofiko123(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2021
riches4me:
Since it's your first time. I'll need to read these.

Han han you wan kill person..

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by casspersteve: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2021
Horlufemi:
So?

Anyway try to lick sweet when the plane is descending so that the change in air pressure won't affect your ears. (You may have issues for like 3 days in one or both ears. You may not be able to hear properly withheld affected ear.) Cheers

Swears that shit affects me always. Even when I use headphones I still get the pains on my ears
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by dazzlingd(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
philo04:
I tap into your Grace I will travel by Air this year in Jesus name.Amen go well brother God will make a way for you.

To travel by air don turn grace.
Nawa oo
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by chelseamann(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
No big deal… just follow instructions and always ask questions.. you go de alright
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Horlufemi(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
casspersteve:

Swears that shit affects me always. Even when I use headphones I still get the pains on my ears

Since I've discovered licking sweet when the plane starts to descend prevents it. It hasn't happened to me since then.

Please try to next time you fly. Take some sweets along.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Calitoscassius(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
Drink alot of beer you will be so drunk you would even notice you are at your destination. It only takes like 2 hours anyway to reach your destinations.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Katey93: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
First time I traveled by air. For my mind I was above my enemies, principalities and powers.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by oshonwambada: 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
philo04:
I tap into your Grace I will travel by Air this year in Jesus name.Amen go well brother God will make a way for you.
sure
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by fvictop(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Don't forget to snap Ur ticket number

Don't forget to have an ID card. U can snap the bio page of ur intl passport.

Don't carry more that 20kg load to check and 6kg to be with u in the plane.

Don't feel shy. Be urself.

Put on simple shoe because u will be asked to remove it for scanning.

Enjoy the all processes in short
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Deblow: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
Guyman02:
Buy chewing gum or hold a bottle of water as you may need to be swallowing saliva to keep your ears open immediately you hear the crew say fasten your seatbelts as we are about to start descending, you may suffer Tinnitus (a whistling sound in your ears as if your head wants to burst) as a first time flyer which can even cause you headache as the cabin gets highly compressed and pressurized.
This is done to balance gravitational forces as the plane descends to protect passengers and crew from hypoxia.
Have a safe flight!

Waoooo! This ur advices may end up compounding the dude's phobia for the flight oo! He may end up boarding " Ekene Dili Chukwu" instead. Lolzzz
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Deblow: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
What If I tell you.. there will be plane crash

Shuoo! Tufiak on his behalf
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by izubext007: 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Just pray bandits will not bring down the the plane you will be flying with.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Originalsly: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Your ears may start ringing when the plane is coming down for landing and it will be getting more difficult to hear what anyone is saying including instructions from the pilot. You will need to "pop" your eardrum... I suggest you open your mouth verrry wide ... try to open your jaws even wider than they normally would and try to force yourself to yawn by breathing in through your crocodile mouth. Yawning will pop your eardrum ... the loud noises will rush back in your ears and it will be back to normal. Repeat if necessary.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
hayzed1090:

It's just a personal choice to you, not that you can't afford it. It's a victory to anyone that loves to have the experience and able to pay for it.

And for goodness sake, this is Nigeria with less than 30k for minimum wage . Been able to pay for flight is something one should be grateful for.
Brother, I guess it’s just my own perspective here. What I said has nothing to do with money.If he used that 30K or whatever the ticket fee was to buy a nice pair of shoes or some gadget, I’d definitely say congratulations, because that’s some luxury. But flying on a plane does not sound like luxury to me at all, in fact, I see it as an inconvenience, just knowing I’d be strapped to the same position for hours, and end up tired with painful eardrums. Outside of the insecurity in Nigeria, I’d rather get on a bus from Abuja to Lagos, at least I can stop the driver, get out and stretch, see some interesting sight out the window, and buy some snacks on the way. This has nothing to do with money.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by SmartPolician: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ezeomoba:

Many madmen full for Nairaland grin
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by blackslayer: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
LOL...CUTE!
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by casspersteve: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Horlufemi:

Since I've discovered licking sweet when the plane starts to descend prevents it. It hasn't happened to me since then.

Please try to next time you fly. Take some sweets along.

Okay I will, thanks
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by HopeAlive16(f): 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
ezeomoba:

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by hayzed1090: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
neurosci:

Brother, I guess it’s just my own perspective here. What I said has nothing to do with money.If he used that 30K or whatever the ticket fee was to buy a nice pair of shoes or some gadget, I’d definitely say congratulations, because that’s some luxury. But flying on a plane does not sound like luxury to me at all, in fact, I see it as an inconvenience, just knowing I’d be strapped to the same position for hours, and end up tired with painful eardrums. Outside of the insecurity in Nigeria, I’d rather get on a bus from Abuja to Lagos, at least I can stop the driver, get out and stretch, see some interesting sight out the window, and buy some snacks on the way. This has nothing to do with money.

Bro it doesn't seems you understand why your submission is been critisized .. do have a nice day sir

2 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by movid(m): 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
ecolime:
It comes with both excitement and anxiety.

Scariest part for some is take-off while landing is usually fun.

I'm a frequent flyer yet still have phobia for flying. Wish I have a reasonable alternative cry

Just be calm and enjoy the experience.

N.B Don't be shy to ask Airline staff questions if you need help.
Carry me fiy nao
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
Deblow:

Shuoo! Tufiak on his behalf
are u the one travelling by air Why u dey take medicine for him nah
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
snapdragon00:
Hello nairalanders, so i will be traveling by air from Abujaj to Lagos next week. I'm having some kind of feelings, any tips for first time fliers ? Like do's and Don't s.

1. Have your ID Card handy

2. As you enter the plane air hostess will guard you to your assigned seat (if it's free seating, there's no need for searching for your assigned seat, u can seat anywhere excluding Business class)

3. Being first timer... ensure you arrive earlier

4. Avoid carrying any inflammable perfume etc (they may not allow it in your carry-on)

5. Seat belt may be a bit tricky... in case you are unable to put it on don't hesitate to ask for help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by pweetychyka(f): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
Bouz:
grin it's an advice na, haba. Someone can't advice anyone in peace again sad

We know u
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by pweetychyka(f): 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
SonofGod231:

Abeg abeg ma hear word... People dey spend 15hrs for air na Abuja to Lagos wey no reach 35mins.
If you don't know,know now... Before now like in the 90s...Abuja to Lagos was exactly 30mins.
It is today's FAAN that regulated it to be a bit longer and planes now travel at a slower altitude. Either ways,that's not the point...Before you blink your eyes for abuja you dey Lagos airport. Patapata,Highest 1hr even if na go slow.

No! U no go hear word! Dey aware say we dey talk about the present and no be the 90’s! Anyways, the flight time is between 50mins to 1hr or more depending on the weather
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
hayzed1090:

Bro it doesn't seems you understand why your submission is been critisized .. do have a nice day sir
That's their own perspective and everyone has a different one. Not everybody agrees with them either. Did you see that the original post I quoted has been removed?
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
pweetychyka:

We know u

Chai, Wahala for who dey give advice oh
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Tonnyray: 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
Commentor:
Respect people's little victories.
Our backgrounds are so diverse we must appreciate the battles of others.
GOD bless you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by eniteden(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
Guy u don kill me, just bury me abeg u grin
Mikelarteta:
Do not eat beans and egg before you go into that plane so you don’t get thrown out mid air when you start releasing.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by snapdragon00: 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
philo04:
Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities / Ex BBC Boss, David Hayward, Writes About His Experience In Nigeria (Igbo land) / List Of Lagos Roads & Bridges Under Okada & Tricycle Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.