Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time (36089 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Pritipresh(f): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
snapdragon00:
Hello nairalanders, so i will be traveling by air from Abujaj to Lagos next week. I'm having some kind of feelings, any tips for first time fliers ? Like do's and Don't s.
Pls don't forget to update us. Wish u safe trip

3 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Obinna53: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2021
On my own Part as a First Timer,Take off scared the shit out of me, I almost thought my heart was out.This is because during take off,you will fill weightless and that shit scares really well
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by kerriman: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2021
Goodmorning nothing do You. Just look for newspaper, bible or magazine and keep yourself busy. As a first timer please don't sit near the window . See as others are using their seat belt so as to use yours perfectly without "falling your hand" Then incase the Flight passes through very turbulent weather do not panic . The journey is usually less than an hour depending on the type of Aircraft . I wish You safe journey

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Tomilola360: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2021
snapdragon00:
Hello nairalanders, so i will be traveling by air from Abujaj to Lagos next week. I'm having some kind of feelings, any tips for first time fliers ? Like do's and Don't s.

Hehe! Sit by the window pls. You ll never have that fear on your next trip. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by chiboycue: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2021
snapdragon00:

Congratulations. The taking off and the landing of a plane are crucial moments. When the plane is taking off you may experience 'blocked ears' and may not hear clearly for a while but it would clear when you are on air. Just be prayerful

3 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by iamtardey: 8:34am On Oct 03, 2021
Try it's your first time makes things better you should be a bit comfortable more having someone to say hi hello with
BRATISLAVA:

Does one even have much time for talk?
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by BRATISLAVA: 8:38am On Oct 03, 2021
iamtardey:
Try it's your first time makes things better you should be a bit comfortable more having someone to say hi hello with

The only time I've spoken to anyone is on long haul flights. For a 45 minute flight, I don't think we need to talk. Unless you begin the talk first.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Oju4190: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2021
After u fasten Ur seatbelt....Try and unfasten it again .....just to make sure is working properly so that u will not b stuck maybe during an emergency evacuation.....When disembarking u can slip my number to that fine hostess by the door let her call me. Will send my number directly to Ur inbox...tanks

5 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by richmond500: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2021
neurosci:

My question is, why do you see it as a victory? I avoid flights at every slightest opportunity. I'm sure my background is not any better that his, or yours, but flying on a plane has never been something I craved nor enjoyed, even before my first experience. It's just another means of transportation, and I wonder why it could be considered a victory. A month ago, I went on a 12-hr trip by bus, something I could do by plane for 1 hr, 30 mins, but I simply wanted to avoid flights. So, why do you consider it a victory, whether for him or for anyone else?
how do u feel when u fly for the first time?
Allow the guy to have a first time experience before deciding which is convenient for him

6 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by KIDfurniture(m): 8:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Draft ur will
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by nwajesus12(m): 8:50am On Oct 03, 2021
24brains:
no enter Boeing oo. i see a boeing nose diving and i hear "don't crash, don't crash" and there was wailing and screaming all over. this i have seen.

pray fervently before making your move as there's nothing prayers cannot do and change.
tongue

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by iamtardey: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2021
Dhhoorr
Ok
BRATISLAVA:

The only time I've spoken to anyone is on long haul flights. For a 45 minute flight, I don't think we need to talk. Unless you begin the talk first.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Kendudu007(m): 8:50am On Oct 03, 2021
snapdragon00:
there is nothing to be scared about only time you will be scared Is during take off and landing ....... But some pilot are good you won't feel the intensity of the landing but for aero contractors airline lol Omo their landind be like war you will literally feel the plane landing and the way it will hit the ground your mind go cut lol aside aero contractors airlines you no get worries shocked

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Evergreen4(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2021
ecolime:
It comes with both excitement and anxiety.

Scariest part for some is take-off while landing is usually fun.

I'm a frequent flyer yet still have phobia for flying. Wish I have a reasonable alternative cry

Just be calm and enjoy the experience.

N.B Don't be shy to ask Airline staff questions if you need help.
Please put me inside your bag when next you're traveling by air let me also have traveling experience too �
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2021
richmond500:
how do u feel when u fly for the first time?
An extremely long, boring, and lonely flight. Was extremely tired. I never looked forward to flying on a plane again after that.

Allow the guy to have a first time experience before deciding which is convenient for him
Nobody is disallowing him from anything, and no one is deciding anything for him. All of that is in your head.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by SpaceAngel: 8:53am On Oct 03, 2021
Flying is funny cause it's the mode of traveling where you are scared of by the crew, who'll demonstrate what to do Incase of you know now
Then the bird taxies and gradually takes off, don't worry it's normal.

Then your mind starts telling you a whole lot of rubbish, like what if the plane falls, explodes , etc. It's also normal to imagine crazy things.

There could be turbulence, sudden descent, that's scary but normal.

I hope it's not going to be all those small aircrafts that are propeller driven.
Your spirit may jump out of your body.

I normally fly but I still have panic attacks anytime I'm about flying.

Flying is the safest, so enjoy your flight

4 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by enemyofprogress: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2021
There is no big deal my brother, it’s like you’re travelling by road, whenever you wan piss or shit, you just shout and call the pilot, when you wan buy gala, poff poff, groundnut or pure water, you can also call the pilot and tell him to wait small make you buy baba oyoyo for your children, don’t forget to tell the driver where you go drop o, make dem no carry you pass where you dey go

2 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2021
EmmyOD:

Bad belle everywhere
Mtcheeeeew lipsrsealed embarassed
Think about it, what exactly is it to bad belle about in this? Like I said, I avoid flying at all cost if I could. Why would I try to bad belle anything here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Commentor: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
The phobia is always there whether is your 1st or 20th.
I have traveled by air a few times and every time the plane takes off, I panic.

Depends on the individual.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Imustnottalk:
what do you expect from a sadist, hatred and jealousy
Youmustnottalk undecided
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by yunqdady: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2021
neurosci:

My question is, why do you see it as a victory? I avoid flights at every slightest opportunity. I'm sure my background is not any better that his, or yours, but flying on a plane has never been something I craved nor enjoyed, even before my first experience. It's just another means of transportation, and I wonder why it could be considered a victory. A month ago, I went on a 12-hr trip by bus, something I could do by plane for 1 hr, 30 mins, but I simply wanted to avoid flights. So, why do you consider it a victory, whether for him or for anyone else?
You are wierd
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2021
yunqdady:

You are wierd
Weird for not being interested in flights? Have you heard of aviophobia or aerophobia. Not saying that is the issue, but what exactly is fun is being strapped to a seat and having to remain in that same position for hours? If there was another means of travelling, why would I consider that? And if I do have to consider it, why would that come off as some sort of achievement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by yunqdady: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2021
neurosci:

Weird for not being interested in flights? Have you heard of aviophobia or aerophobia. Not saying that is the issue, but what exactly is fun is being strapped to a seat and having to remain in that same position for hours? If there was another means of travelling, why would I consider that? And if I do have to consider it, why would that come off as some sort of achievement?
I see what you did there but you are weird for being a kill joy. You have a phobia fine, don't project it on others

7 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by whitedove(m): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2021
First, I celebrate you! Flying is a no biggie as the hostesses are on board to guide you on safety requirements.

Just make sure you get to the local wing of your Airline and present your valid identity and your boarding pass will be printed for you.

On the pass,you will see your seat number,if it starts with A; your seat is close the window,where you can enjoy the nebulous close.
If you have laptop with you,they scrutinize it
To know whether it is alignment with the one they can fly with.( Some brands interferes with system on board)

Also, expect to be searched for firearms or drugs.
Since it is a local I assume you are not carrying much load.your hand luggage can be kept in the compartment above your head.

For the food on board,don't dabble into those things they serve if you are allergic to some things.you don't want running around to the toilet mid-air.

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by infofta(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2021
Take off, landing, turning, turbulence, seeing the cloud below and above the plane are uncomfortable moments

4 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by bigcee(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2021
ezeomoba:
when u get to ore… dont forget to buy banana
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2021
ecolime:

I'm a frequent flyer yet still have phobia for flying. Wish I have a reasonable alternative cry

Landing is usually normal but not with this new air peace plane .. Landing with it is rough

1 Like

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 03, 2021
ecolime:

Landing is usually normal but nt with this new air peace plane .. Landing with it is rough
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by snowball11(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2021
Those local flights be scary as shit when on board because of their uneasy flow!

Just be calm though.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by ElValiente(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2021
neurosci:

Brainless

2 Likes

Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by neurosci: 9:16am On Oct 03, 2021
yunqdady:

I see what you did there but you are weird for being a kill joy. You have a phobia fine, don't project it on others
If I was a kill joy, I would be telling him about the dangers of flying in order to induce anxiety in him. I never said anything about phobia or whatever could cause fear in him. All I did was ask the person who said congratulations that what exactly was that for? The reason I made that comment was because I honestly didn't know some people consider flying as some achievement. Anytime I need to fly, the worst part of my trip is usually the flight. Not a phobia or anything, but just because I have to sit in the same position for several hours without even moving an inch at all. And when it's a long flight, the food is usually something I hate too. What I do nowadays is, before my flight, I make sure to stay awake all night, just so I can sleep through the flight. But guess what, it's never a convenient sleep, and when I wake up, I still find myself on the damn plane, and I'm like, when exactly am I getting to my destination? The only time I enjoyed my flight was when I sat with a pretty girl and we had a good time - that day it seemed like the flight went pretty fast. Otherwise, I don't see anything interesting about it, I just pray for a safe landing. If you consider flying as an achievement, then by all means, accept my warm congratulations, because at the end of the day, it's all about whatever makes you happy.
Re: I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time by mukthar2000(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Don't use agbo jedidi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria / The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / Update From The Agege-Pen Cinema Flyover Construction - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.