Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations (1218 Views)

Pastor Refuses To Return N900,000 Sent In Error, Claims Money Belongs To God / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations by tctrills: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps i need to "QUOTE" God's word now!

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with.  For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love! 1Corinthians 13:1-13

Paul's letter is to true Christians not those disguising as men of God {2Corinthians 11:14} what Paul said in the highlighted happened when Apostle John (the last surviving Apostle) penned down those last words. Today all these people claiming they're receiving revelations are just deceiving people that's why contradictions is everywhere.
Each simply wants to start his own Church and the only way to do so without been challenged is to lie that God spoke with them! smiley

Are you saying that God's revelations stopped after 1cor13?
Re: Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

Are you saying that God's revelations stopped after 1cor13?
Paul only told the Christians that they shouldn't expect the GIFTS to continue because it's for a purpose and when the purpose has been met those GIFTS will stop.
So it stopped after John wrote the Bible book of Revelations!
Re: Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations by lawbabs: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

More than half of the new testament, Mark, Luke, Acts, Jude and all the letters of Paul where not writen by any of the original Apostles. So what is your point. Even the book of James was written by James the brother of Jesus Christ not the brother of John

Prove that Matthew, Mark and Peters letter were not written by them. I also hope you know that James the brother of Jesus Christ joined the brethren even though he didn't really believed his brother while He was in his earthly ministry... So what point are you really trying to prove...
Re: Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations by lawbabs: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

I agree with you but the scripture did not teach that Paul was the only one.
Even Mark the writer of the 2nd gospel was not among the original Apostles.
My question remains, did God stop speaking to man after the book of revelations?

It was not all the original twelve that wrote... They weren't inspired to write, even though there written evidence of their exploits and the backing of the Holyspirit with signs and wonders...
Re: Why Did The Bible End In Revelations, Was That The End To God's Revelations by lawbabs: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

This does not address our topic
You said no more revelation after Jesus is acceptable. This just cancelled everything Paul wrote and even the book of revelations. You keep conflicting.

The revelations of John in the book of revelations was purely a new revelation.
Much of it was given to him by an angel.
Also, Paul who wrote most of the new testament was not a follower when Christ was on earth. All his teachings came after Christ.

You said these men only revealed Christ through letters my question is, did letter writing stop?

Letter writing or encouraging of the brethren didn't stop till now. I have mentors in the faith, who wrote to me while I was still in school to encourage me to stay true to my confession of faith. Those letters didn't have to enter the Bible.

All Paul's letter only revealed Christ and same with the book of revelation. It was all about Christ before the foundation of the world, during and after the completion of the day of the Lord and His glorious reign, which is yet to manifest. Nothing in those books were outside of Christ.

Even you, you can be inspired to write a book for an assembly of young people that you nurture. Those books won't enter the Bible but they will bless lives as long as they are coming from the heart of God.

I have read books and even the sermons of Smith Wigglesworth and many revivalists of old. Their teachings blessed my life, and made me to understand the mind of Christ and the interpretation of the Holy scriptures. But they are not in the Bible. Does it make the books lest relevant. No. As long as they reveal Christ, they will always remain relevant but doesn't need to be included in the Bible again.

This will be my last response on this matter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Convert To Islam? / Is The Qur'an The Word Of God? / Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.