Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? (19666 Views)

"When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / Lift Your Hips/buttocks In 20 Min With EMS HIP TRAINER / The Difference Between The God, The Gods And Goddess: Holy Spirits And Angels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by lomprico(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
I play the whole doggy style album.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Munzy14(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thanksful:

No comic show pass nairaland. I just come here read comments and burst into laughter.
I swear...Sometimes I avoid accessing here when I am in a strict area...I try to control the laughter.. grin grin

Very crazy comments here and there on Nairaland.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by clayh(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2021
lost my job. I have been praying for weeks now.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by freesoul12: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Login to my MT5 and watch chart movement. It gives me joy.. I love am pass anything.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by razzydoo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
I drink redbull because redbull gives you wingsss! cheesy
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
I look back to where I am coming from and where I am now...I will automatically brighten up grin grin grin tongue

Another way is to remember that God has never failed before and He won't fail because it's me...It makes me smile with confidence.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Vuproff: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
For me it is gospel music and connection to the trinity - That quickens my mortal body to hope, faith and action.
When i say music - it is not about listening alone.
Most times. its me singing out loud.

Above all - the word of God you must have hidden in your heart over time - is the ultimate.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
Munzy14:

I swear...Sometimes I avoid accessing here when I am in a strict area...I try to control the laughter.. grin grin

Very crazy comments here and there on Nairaland.

Sometime I carry the comments to my friends make we enjoy the comedy together.

Sometimes, they go call me to find out what's up with nairaland.

Omo comments here nah comic therapy
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by cybriz82(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
As country hard reach now I no see anything wey fit bring down my spirit again.. sometimes when m nt in a good mood I play olowogbogboro by Nathaniel bassey..stranger in Moscow by Michael Jackson on replay.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by shyvicky: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
I sing, You raise me up by west life

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Damnfailure: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
There is no hope without despair so I sink down further. The life of pessimism is all I know.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Safemoon: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
freesoul12:
Login to my MT5 and watch chart movement. It gives me joy.. I love am pass anything.

Ogã you follow I can do that the whole day.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by bolagabriella: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
I find a movie or novel that is so emotional so that i can cry. I cry till i have nothing left in me. Then i move on. I most times feel alot better.

Another way is by talking to God. I once read a book during my undergraduate days that made me understand that talking to God is as simple and easy as putting an empty chair in front of you , focus on the chair to the point that you can envision God sitting there, then pour out your mind as if you are talking to a counsellor, or therapist or friend (whichever works for you). I started with an empty chair but now i can envision God even without the chair. Now i don't find talking to God as boring as i used to when it was just me closing my eyes and shouting "my father my father" or when i use the CAC format.
My definition of praying is now as simple as talking to my father, my friend, my creator.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by authority2006(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
RealMarv:
You feel down, uninspired and lazy; plus at the same time angry because you’re not doing anything. You want to lift your mood and be productive but feel stuck. You might feel down because you’re tired, overworked, overwhelmed or something bad happened to you.

It’s okay and normal to feel uninspired sometimes and I think everyone goes through these phases in life. However, when they become too long, you might want to use some strategies to lift your mood and get yourself back on track.
So I was wondering how folks get to lift their spirits when they feel down. I'd like to hear your strategies.

Just try to do the opposite. Or, make your life "one day at a time" thing.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by ericuzor(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
A ciroc with cranberry is a magic to my system
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Truvelisback(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
When I am angry or sad, i don't listen to music. Infact, at that period, music even makes me angrier and sadder. When i am angry or sad, i eat food. something or anything i like to eat.
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Safemoon: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
freesoul12:

Ogã you follow I can do that the whole day. My own na binance.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
If the money is there i buy food
Food is an anti depressant

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Munzy14(m): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thanksful:

Sometime I carry the comments to my friends make we enjoy the comedy together.

Sometimes, they go call me to find out what's up with nairaland.

Omo comments here nah comic therapy
I swear, I ones introduced a babe I dated here, she carry am for head...grin We spent cool evening laughing at comments here...

Serious comic reliefs.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Focusmind: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
I go outside on a long walk. Find a quiet place after the walk and start visualizing all the goals and the things I would love to achieve.
Then if time permits, I visit the blessed sacrament in my church for meditation.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Depressed101: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
RealMarv:
You feel down, uninspired and lazy; plus at the same time angry because you’re not doing anything. You want to lift your mood and be productive but feel stuck. You might feel down because you’re tired, overworked, overwhelmed or something bad happened to you.

It’s okay and normal to feel uninspired sometimes and I think everyone goes through these phases in life. However, when they become too long, you might want to use some strategies to lift your mood and get yourself back on track.
So I was wondering how folks get to lift their spirits when they feel down. I'd like to hear your strategies.
always Google bible verses for tour problems find the verses that talk to you, this has always worked for me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
I like to wait it out in the heat of things. Forcing myself to feel better instantly just backfires.

Give my self time to feel the feelings (time does heal) , eventually start doing small small productive things like cleaning, cooking etc..

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Bvmsson(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
■Go for a long walk.
■ Go fishing at the closest lake
■ Go for a long drive
■ gaze out the window, maybe at passersby or at the sky for as long as it will take to wake your mind back up
■ Try to binge watch those shows and movies you would ordinarily not be interested in
■ sit out in the backyard for as long as it will take for the fog in your mind to clear
■ Do chores

T
I don't think you are in Nigeria because this looks like obodo oyinbo ways to clear their heads...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by ESANMEA(f): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
I either listen to Sahdguru or Joel Osteen..

Come to Nairaland and start reading people's comments on topics that interests me..

Playing Naija Ludo online..

Eat bananas, this fruit elevates my mood most of the time

Other times, I just think and cry my eyes out till I doze off..

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by clothingonline(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
Pray
Plan
Music
Favourite meal

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by mightyhaze: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Spirits..

I lift my spirit with spirits

Recently I discovered everdon herbal spirits,so I kill like 3 birds with one stone..

Depression

Malaria

Typhoid

kiss

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Okeychigo: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Chronic masturbating have kill my Vibe of doing anything profitable to my life .. please I need help

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Rooneyx(f): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
Smoke �

1 Like

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by manee2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2021
Arizona and some liquor _ I remember when we swore never to take those stuffs_ now shit saves man from depression #fucktheworld
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Annalise20(f): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2021
by eating indomie to be specific
Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by manee2(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2021
Rooneyx:
Smoke �

I feel you baby smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / A Surrogate Mother Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.