Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? (1040 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / Before Calling Your Girlfriend A Slut, Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by efuah(f): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2007
why is it that some guys think marrying the lady he's going out with is doing her a favour?
today on my way to the office in a taxi cab, i overheard one guy telling his friend:
"my girlfriend is so dutyful, by the time am back home, she has already prepared my dinner,
washed the dishes, done my laundry n eveything is set neatly in the house"
the other friend said: " don't mind her, it's one of their tricks of begging u to marry them, my girlfriend
has been doing all that too and she is longing for the day i propose marriage, but my mind is not there"

ha, i got so furiouse angry
why are they thinking that way pals?
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by Macgreat(m): 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
because that is wat they want to think. smiley
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
efuah:

why is it that some guys think marrying the lady he's going out with is doing her a favour?
today on my way to the office in a taxi cab, i overheard one guy telling his friend:
"my girlfriend is so dutyful, by the time am back home, she has already prepared my dinner,
washed the dishes, done my laundry n eveything is set neatly in the house"
the other friend said: " don't mind her, it's one of their tricks of begging u to marry them, my girlfriend
has been doing all that too and she is longing for the day i propose marriage, but my mind is not there"

ha, i got so furiouse angry
why are they thinking that way pals?

Efua! From your name I can deduct you are Ghanaian.
Did this happen in your country?
I need this to be able to answer your question!
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by efuah(f): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2007
yep
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2007
Then I have understood everything.

cheesy African men are yawa in general. They still think that the greatest achievement in life for a woman is being married with kids. They still haven't understood that it's just one of those phase people go through (like schooling, serving, working, etc). Well I don't blame them either considering the way marriage is still handled in Africa. Some of our sisters should stop making it a matter of life and death. It's not worth it or might just become a matter of death alone.

On the other hand, men need to understand that people do things out of love and not necessarily because they want something in return. It's normal for a girl who is in love to take care of her lover's need and there is nothing wrong in her wanting to spend the rest of her life with him.
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by Joey82(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2007
my dear efuah, u women are the causal of this wrong school of thought. Cos most of u women are bound 2 change after tying the nuptial knot, in that 4 whatever good u girls do, u feel its suffering which u'll pay back in due course after mariage
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by nana(f): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2007
Joey82:

my dear efuah, u women are the causal of this wrong school of thought. Cos most of u women are bound 2 change after tying the nuptial knot, in that 4 whatever good u girls do, u feel its suffering which u'll pay back in due course after mariage
Hmm. . . no comment.
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by sallysexy(f): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2007
na wah for them o grin
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by iice(f): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2007
Na wah!
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by angelchi(f): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2007
if ur mind no dey den no marry her, big deal.
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by tpia6: 1:40am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Is Marrying Your Girlfriend A Favour? by fstranger1: 2:03am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

true.

a man with such an attitude will make a bad husband.

shortage of men notwithstanding.

any evidence to support your assertion?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help O / Do Ladies Really Respect The Bad Boys More Than The Good Ones? / Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.