Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? (18147 Views)

How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Klass99:

Caveat: ITK people, this is my reality and not a gender war! Please miss me with your BS this morning, thank you.

Fear Fear! you no even get mind grin

Last year a childhood friend of mine wanted to borrow a whooping sum from me. Thank God I didn't borrow him, I really liked the dude & I wouldn't want to allow money ruin our friendship.

Most opposite sex whom i have borrowed money from me never paid back either, except one. Who also almost turned me into a microfinance borrowing platform even after she got married in 2019. I got an advice from another female friend to cut off the friendship, thank God i did. She even tried to use emotional blackmail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by pocohantas(f): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Klass99:

How are you able to stop people from quoting your lengthy posts? I need to know! I was going to quote your rules then edit to Rule 5 which interests me and made me laugh grin.

Lol. Good you know why I did it. Simply put it in quotes. You type whatever it is within the quote. Just as you did with the caveat you highlighted.

I believe in Rule5. The same way guys do it with ladies, that is how ladies do it with guys. I remember one telling me that is why he doesn’t like receiving help from women.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Klass99(f): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
smiley
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Klass99(f): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Darlingme(f): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Klass99:

Lol. This story just gets more hilarious and interesting.
She was only using the guy and will later come back to you, off me completely gringrin
How exactly did you recover the 27k nah? That part of your story is still unclear.
Did you use the sim to buy 27k airtime from her bank account via USSD code?
Hi

That doesn't seem to be the case here, she wasn't even paying back, he got the money out of her by hook and crook.
If someone owes me money I'll prefer installment payments than no payment at all.
You'll need to have a plan for each amount that comes in as they pay and execute that plan immediately, otherwise you'll end up not doing anything reasonable with that money.
Installment payment for me is very annoying. How can I give you 300k and when it's time for payment, you started sending me #2500, some days 5k and not even consistent. That's not good enough. Such mood of payment can not be useful.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Darlingme(f): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
cayorday89:

She is in her early twenties, she did oo, and she and her husband threatened to arrest me until I told the husband everything when he called me. I guess he later see reason with me and she sent insultive messages with her other number I never knew of, called the number back but my numbers were still blocked on her phone...

SMS, she sent after everything...
Kayode u don't have shame
What is paining you, that I cannot follow a low class foolish man, am glad you have taken your money, God knows I was in a pressing need wen I borrowed from you, but all my life I have sacrificed for others , you are very selfish that you cannot help others how can you receive help, please leave I and my family alone I won't warn you again

When I finish with you, you will regret ever knowing, when I borrowed from you,did I steal from your account? I have placed my charges yesterday, if u don't sleep in prison kayode then it's not me, I warned you but you feel you are smart, I don't talk much

You are not aware of the crimial offense u have landed I have all voice recordings from my husband, u think u can just do such thing to my husband and go, I warned you before

Just get your lawyer prepared
She's so mean. Too bad. I'm sure when she was collecting, she was smiling and appreciating you, but time to pay back, story came in

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Downey(f): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
People that doesn't want you always wait for you to cross the line

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
Why I'm I seeing loneliness in video attached ?
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by bluefilm: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
Darlingme:
Why is it so difficult for most people to keep to their promises, to remit debts?
You help someone with loan based on aggreement and trust, but when it's time to remit, they come up with excuses, default, making you look like you're too weak, too simple and when you get upset and raise your voice, they tag you as being Money conscious.
On your own part, you don't want to lose relationship/friendship/family with them. you consider their struggles, yet, when they have your money either From their salaries or other means, they wouldn't still pay back.
Have you ever been in this kind of situation?
How were you able to handle this kind of people without becoming enemies?

Once the person fails to pay up, anything you do next to him or her will transform the person into an automatic enemy for you.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Goldenheart(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
angry All debtors are enemies until they pay

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by FuckAllTheMODs: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
If the debt is becoming unnecessarily delayed, I don't care if they turn to enemy as long as I retrieve the debt.

A friend won't wait before they clear the debt, if he/she doesn't have, he/she will reason with you and you will see his/her efforts in paying up.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by OnyeFely: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Helped my neighbor in the market to buy an item, sterilizer for sterilising hospital instruments. I told him the amount, he made a transfer, and made a transfer, and promised to pay balance wen I came back. He started giving excuses, and I stopped asking, not that I v forgot.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by InvertedHammer: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
//

* Golden Rule*

Don’t LEND. Don’t BORROW.

Save for emergencies.

//

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Blake755: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Well my bro the first step to collect ur debt is through turning into their enemies grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by PGKing1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
Never borrow an amount that you can't afford to lose, same principles of gambling...
Still your #1#plug for #original #backwoods in #naija

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ask nicely and when that fails, get professional debt recovery lawyers such as Yellow Silk Attorneys.https://www.yellowsilkattorneys.com[/font]. heck you can still be friends or apologise after you recover the debt. Win/Win.

You can Thank me later!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Oduduwa707: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
The thing is most Nigerians lack integrity! They hate paying back loans.

I recently loan an old (>60yrs of age) fool N1.5M and, you needed to see how he was prostrating and begging. I was so embarrassed as I've known him since forever (when I was a kid). He's more like an uncle to me. He'd assisted my parents on several occasions with driving for which he was paid. I never really trusted him to pay back but, he needed it so much and I could kinda afford to part with it. I risked it all and gave him the amount to be paying back N50K on a monthly basis. 6mths have now passed and this old fool is yet to even pay a dime. He kept coming up with excuses. I regret ever giving him the loan. cry

The thing is, I wasn't too surprised as I kinda expected him to default. He's NEVER disciplined. I'm patiently awaiting KARMA to deal with him... cool

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Elsueno: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
shocked

It's is simple really, I only loan out what I can afford to loose.

If there is a no time frame, I will ask u three times only, if u refuse to pay, I will jejely move on.

If there is a time frame, which I will ask if u can comfortably pay at dat time & u said "YES" , I WILL NOT CONTACT U EVER, if u like don't pay...I won't persure nor pressure u.

Ur best bet, inform me at d appointed time d reasons u can't pay or why u don't have my full money, if I am in good mood, I go even forgive d whole debt grin

BUT if u default & didn't pay me. Bros/sis DON'T EVEN come back to me for any monetary help. Cause I WILL NOT GIVE even if am d only one dat can't help at d current time.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
I learnt this from my time at winners, I don't borrow. I abhor borrowing, if I don't have or cannot afford it, I rest... i have several friends owing me yet i don't even know how to go about recovering them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by blackmantis: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
One guy pleaded with me to lend him some cash. However on the day he promised to payback he started forming busy.

Next thing the ungrateful wretch said is that he regrets borrowing money from me....!

I change am for am collected my cash and blocked his sorry ass from ever contacting me.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Lukaku95: 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
On it now . If I come out from this one. I am not doing again.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by lomprico(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
Darlingme:
Why is it so difficult for most people to keep to their promises, to remit debts?
You help someone with loan based on aggreement and trust, but when it's time to remit, they come up with excuses, default, making you look like you're too weak, too simple and when you get upset and raise your voice, they tag you as being Money conscious.
On your own part, you don't want to lose relationship/friendship/family with them. you consider their struggles, yet, when they have your money either From their salaries or other means, they wouldn't still pay back.
Have you ever been in this kind of situation?
How were you able to handle this kind of people without becoming enemies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNFHNyHUEU

no way!
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Darlingme(f): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
BarrElChapo:
Why I'm I seeing loneliness in video attached ?
It's just a YouTube channel have been trying to build. It has nothing to do with this
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Coldie(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
I told them to give me half and forget the rest.

Ones who didn’t I just act like I have forgotten the money patiently waited for the day month year when we would do anything that involves money and their money entered my hands.

The moment I left the area and they started calling me I did exactly what they did to me without remorse

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Darlingme(f): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
bluefilm:

Once the person fails to pay up, anything you do next to him or her will transform the person into an automatic enemy for you.
That's the fear here.
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Mariokenny(m): 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Not always possible. One paid today after three months. Money she promised paying back within 2 days. Yeah, I really said so many things I shouldn't have ordinarily said to her but then I had no choice than to do whatever it takes to recover the debt. The transaction was done on WhatsApp but she already blocked me long ago. Thank God she finally paid. I'm not sure we will ever talk to each anymore.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Sanni45(m): 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
1F30M4:
Never give what you can't afford to lose, learnt the hard way.. Humans are incredible beings.
I don't just know why humans are like that. When people need things they can be very submissive but when they get it they tend to lord over you. It is quite pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by Bfss: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
I kuku left the money.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle Debtors Without Turning To Enemies? by bluefilm: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Darlingme:
That's the fear here.

That's people for you.

And that's why it's best to only lend the amount of money that you are only willing and comfortable to lose to people, should the person fail to pay back

Or better still...

Don't lend to them at all...

Because three out of four times, the stories always ends bad for the person lending the money.

If care is not taken, you as a lender will lose your money and also lose your friend at the same time and in the same process.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Sisi Quadri Biography: Wife, Age, Net Worth, Cause Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.