Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Should I Euthanize My Dad? - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Euthanize My Dad? (42022 Views)

Help - My Dad Just Had A Stroke / Help My Dad Has Severe Stomach Pains / I'm In An Extreme End, Im Losing My Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Blastedholligan: 6:49am On Oct 06, 2021
maureensylvia:

C'mon are you this bitter grin grin grin grin
You actually thought I'll fight back, naa ask around cheesy
Alright, you got my attention
And you can't afford it anymore
Ciao wink
i ain't got time for fights. I only wanted you to feel empathy and not give any advice according to societal views. If you were in his shoes, what would be the first thought in your mind? Sometimes, it's not every post one should engage in, especially in sensitive issues that you have not experience or full knowledge on how to handle. Learn to sit somethings out.

If you can't get it, you ciao.

Let's talk about rice. You think I wanna joke with that?
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by ddeola: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Father please in your mercy intervene and heal the dad and restore this family in Jesus name.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by maureensylvia(f): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2021
Drella:

I so much love your profile picture.

But try post no make up pics too tongue

Done
Check grin
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Redoil: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2021
Richy4:
why can't you open up to your lecturers instead of devising a means to eliminate your own Father... I believe you got smart phones.. take couple of pictures and show them with tears in your eyes...

What are you trying to prove to your lecturers?... Why are you bottling things up? ... Are you trying to prove to them by acting tough in their presence that all is well with you when clearly all isn't...No matter how sadist they are, even the devil got soft spots...Assuming your school has students advisors, This situation is enough to granted you a study leave because you can't concentrate.... Please tell your lecturers the situation of things....

You are clearly passing through a traumatic situation at the moment but u have to try your best to leave your dad out of it until his maker calls him...Can you be able to leave with it that you killed your own father for the rest of your life? besides, you have no right whatsoever to take a life u did not make..... he did not kill you when u were a toddler..No matter what you call it, Mercy killing, or kind killing, killing is killing....Thou shall not Kill angry
lecturers in nigeria are very wicked and mostly sadist
it seems you are not in nigeria or you attended a private university
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Spidermon: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2021
SportsHD:

Religion is damaging your mentality. The dad has been in that state for 12 years now. I'm sure no one would want that for himself. Not being able to talk or do anything yourself.

Drop all emotional sentiments here, think logically. Imagine the peace of mind he and the mom would have, coupled with the amount they'll save not going back and forth to the hospital.

If it were my family member, lord knows he would have been in the ground by now.
It's better for him to be at peace in heaven than to be suffering here In life.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Krystalzkris(f): 7:03am On Oct 06, 2021
Go ahead... You don't have the resources to make him better. He's not going to get better without them. Just let him go and rest..
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Redoil: 7:05am On Oct 06, 2021
KufreDavid:
This is my number, call or WhatsApp me: 08103339314. Please do so immediately
prophet or herbalist
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Enyimbamercedes: 7:12am On Oct 06, 2021
So you come to the social media to ask if you should murder your dad?

Look in the mirror and ask yourself; it is for a selfless or selfish reason?

Is it because he is in pains and suffering and doesn’t deserve to live a degraded quality of life or is it because you have spent so much or are spending so much and you feel that his presence in this world is a burden to you all.

When you’ve done this, think again of the man who made sacrifices and worked to bring you to the stage that you are right now as you look in that mirror.

When you’ve completed this task, ask yourself who really should be euthanized between the two of you
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did OP list his dad as being In a persistent vegetative state? undecided
? Is a question mark
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2021
You guys should brainstorm on how to get a nanny. Your mom should be encouraged 'cos marriage is "for better, for worse". It's unfortunate she had to deal with the worse but hey, that's marriage for you! It can go either ways and everyone going into marriage should actually prepare for the worse while hoping for the best.

Letting him go after 12 years does not seem like a good idea. Like you have mentioned, the situation wasn't this bad until 4 years ago when he couldn't do certain things by himself. 4 years ago is 2017 bro! (i.e. beginning of Buhari's second tenure not even the first or GEJ era).

You guys shouldn't give up. If you have to seek help online, from government, media houses, etc. please do. No one prays to be in this situation and to be fair you and your mom have done really well.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by holusormi(m): 7:19am On Oct 06, 2021
ModelLook:
Please try and get PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy immediately. You won't regret it. You can also DM for more Enquires on administration.

We have used it to treat far worse Stroke cases than your dad's and they are fine today. He will be on it for a minimum of 90 days (worse case 180 days) and I can assure you that he will be fine. You will start seeing small small changes and before you know it, you all will see full recovery and you shall come here and testify.

You will thank me later.

I hate reading hopeless stories like this. I can imagine how much you all have spent on drugs, medications and hospital visits.

When there is life, there is hope.

What people don't know is that Stroke is from the BRAIN. When you tackle it directly from the Brain, you start seeing a Cure.

Shebi it’s free na ?
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 06, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
So you come to the social media to ask if you should murder your dad?

Look in the mirror and ask yourself; it is for a selfless or selfish reason?

Is it because he is in pains and suffering and doesn’t deserve to live a degraded quality of life or is it because you have spent so much or are spending so much and you feel that his presence in this world is a burden to you all.

When you’ve done this, think again of the man who made sacrifices and worked to bring you to the stage that you are right now as you look in that mirror.

When you’ve completed this task, ask yourself who really should be euthanized between the two of you

Calling it murder is both unfair and wrong. People deserve to die with dignity. That is every mans dream! Do you think that was the state his father would want to be for 15 years if he was competent to make a decision? It's unfortunate how things turned out, but no one would ever want to be in a position where he cannot care for himself, socialize and cannot communicate. He is suffering and some one needs to make that decision for him
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by amNIGERIA: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2021
Do into others as you will others to do unto you.

If you are sick like your dad, what will want him to dp to you?

Sickness can befall any human, including you, what will want your children do to you?

Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

NAIRALANDERS,I AM DEPRESSED AND I NEED YOUR ADVICE

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by alizma: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2021
Obaxxx:
lipsrsealed
Someone said it'd bring generational curses upon the op's family...So the pains and agony that it has been bringing upon the op and his mom has been a generational blessing abi? undecided

If we tell una say religion and politics na the two things wey dey kill black people mentality,una no dey believe..

Sometimes make una dey use una head undecided
The pain and agony that is bringing now is something you can control but a curse is one you or your children will likely not be able to control.
He doesn't need to kill him, all he need to do now is limit his expenditure to what they can afford, if it means Robb and hot water only, that is fine till natural death comes.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by YourFavorite21(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2021
Please get a Nanny or somebody, that will be taking care of him, so that you and your mum will have time to go to work, Don't kill the man, how will you live with that guilt "that you killed your father" pls don't do that, when he's time comes he will go, you and your mum have really tried.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Misternas89(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2021
keeper303:

Have you tried it on him? Did it improve his situation?
Yes I’ve tried it on him, little improvement was observed. But I’ve stopped lately due to some financial constraints. Snails for where I dey now na gold+diamond put together. And guy man don over spent with zero account balance. All is well sha.....Thanks for the mention brotherly.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by YourFavorite21(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2021
Richy4:
why can't you open up to your lecturers instead of devising a means to eliminate your own Father... I believe you got smart phones.. take couple of pictures and show them with tears in your eyes...

What are you trying to prove to your lecturers?... Why are you bottling things up? ... Are you trying to prove to them by acting tough in their presence that all is well with you when clearly all isn't...No matter how sadist they are, even the devil got soft spots...Assuming your school has students advisors, This situation is enough to granted you a study leave because you can't concentrate.... Please tell your lecturers the situation of things....

You are clearly passing through a traumatic situation at the moment but u have to try your best to leave your dad out of it until his maker calls him...Can you be able to leave with it that you killed your own father for the rest of your life? besides, you have no right whatsoever to take a life u did not make..... he did not kill you when u were a toddler..No matter what you call it, Mercy killing, or kind killing, killing is killing....Thou shall not Kill angry
oga, you never jam wicked lecturers that's why u dey type this thing, there are some lecturers that are competing with devil in terms of wickedness, especially lecturers in universities around South South and South East Region, they are pure devil's incarnate no excuse can change or soften their stony heart o,E no concern them.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by JewelDiamond(f): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2021
Pray �. Ask God to heal or take him. That's the easiest way
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by MissEfe(f): 7:40am On Oct 06, 2021
Meditation and prayers..
Connect with your God and pour out your heart to him in prayers... Tell him everything in prayers.... And wait for his reply... Only him can help you out.
May God give you the strength you need to hold still and overcome this temptation....
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by wildikeman(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice

My little sister and I went through the same ordeal and nearly did the same thing that you are about to do. I was still trying to get into the University when this happened and I took insults from everyone including family members and cut short most of what I was supposed to do to tackle my moms illness. She had diabetes, she couldn't walk with athrital pains and had high no that metastases into a stroke. So she was bed ridden and she later had dementia.
My mom had been sick since 2008. And we were tired. 2020 together with the hardship that came with it was our breaking point. No more money to even feed.

We thought about that and my dear, we actually got sleeping drugs to admisnister on her so she overdose and go.

But we couldn't go through with it. Eventually after 12 long years she passed on the 23rd. Then we were left with the thought that did we course this, are we responsible for her death. Everyone including my elder siblings abandoned her for us. We were angry at our mom and even thought she was faking it. Called her a whole lot of names. Just that and I'm hunted for life by that treatment alone.

Don't do it. You will regret it afterwards. Believe me. Just manage it. And give him the best time of his life if you can. After he is gone. You will have a clear mind.

Nothing kills a man than to be haunted. Even if I had taken care of my mom for years single handedly with my little sister, just that brief spell of breaking and letting our anger out is all we think about.

DON'T DO IT!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Bakbillz44(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2021
Try making enquiries about nursing homes in your locality. May God sees you through
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by AdaAwka1: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2021
Stop spending money on drugs for him, try to get the unbranded versions of his drugs that way you get to spend less. Get a nurse for his to relieve ur mom of much burden. Most importantly try as much as u can to get a life for yourself. Leave the euthanizing for God it's not ur call.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by FaithELEFAN(f): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2021
Nothing God can. Not do
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Calitoscassius(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2021
1Sharon:

You do know starvation is a horrible death right?
What a dumb question! cheesy, is any death a sweet and enjoyable death? grin death is death which ever way it comes. What? Should he give him fried eggs and salads with boiled chicken? And then sprinkle rat poison on it? Or smother him with a pillow? how about strangling him? Push him off the stairs? Tell you what? lethal injection will be sweet and enjoyable you think? undecided
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by DropsMic(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2021
duro4chang:
Things like what?

That people are still excruciatingly stupid even in this jet age
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Drella(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2021
maureensylvia:

Done
Check grin

Hmm you still look good wink

But you look different oo.Like If not told,I won't know you still are the one grin grin
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by bifyblinkz123: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2021
Have you suffered terribly from ulcer which I saw hell, worry no further the era of ulcer is totally gone. I'm here to help anyone with such, trust me your ulcer will disappear like a magic.

If you have chronic infection, you've tried so many drugs & therapy still stubborn to go, don't bug your head, it is game over for it.

You're a woman with serious menstrual pain, each time you remember it's your cycle time you begin to worry & pant, fear not, let this issue be off you now....

Please I don't need anyone to pay me for any services, if you are near me, you come around & I'll show you what & what you need to buy & shoot your system clean again.

Health is wealth, you can call or Whatsapp me on 08023608402
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by duro4chang(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2021
DropsMic:

That people are still excruciatingly stupid even in this jet age
Where your own wisdow stops is the beginning of some people's wisdom.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by 321A4(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2021
In some countries abroad, he would have been placed on end of life care. At least he would die with some dignity and not continue to strain the family emotionally, financially and otherwise.

Nigerians are not ready for this kind of mindset yet. That's why it's good for people to write an advanced directive
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by maureensylvia(f): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2021
Drella:

Hmm you still look good wink

But you look different oo.Like If not told,I won't know you still are the one grin grin

Hehehe, for real cheesy
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Winneygirl(f): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Maybe look into getting a hospice nurse or a nursing home/facility.
Euthanasia requires patient consent and I am not sure if it is legal in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Gmajor(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2021
no hospital in Nigeria does euthanasia.
It's illegal in Nigeria
SportsHD:
Euthanzing is the correct word here. I swear if he could talk to you, he would tell you to go ahead. He is in pains, seeing y'all going through all that to take care of him is making him sad also. He just can't tell y'all. Hospitals does euthanization, you just have to talk to your mom and brothers about it. It's not a decision you can take alonew, except you have a heart like mine. The hospital would make it faster and easier. I think they'll put him to sleep first, then inject something that'll stop his heart. Thereby, he wouldn't even feel anything.

For those quoting me, this is just my opinion. Like others mentioned, he should try stem cell therapy or taken to church for deliverance or sorts. I want him to be well, not suffering. And if the suffering seems like it has no end, euthanize him. I'm sure his condition has affected the education of some of your other six siblings..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Chinese Man Gets Stung In His Dick By Stingray While Swimming (Pics) / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.