Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore (1714 Views)

Marriages Don't Last These Days Like It Did During The Era Of Our Grandparents. / 6 Major Reasons To Date A Yoruba Man / Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Teespeaks: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
3 Reasons Marriages Don't Last These Days

We all know that marriages today don't last long anymore. Some relationships last longer than many marriages as at today. Some marriages don't even make it to the first year anniversary.

Funnily enough, these marriages are usually the ones with expensive weddings. What's the essence of having a big wedding when the marriage didn't last? Below are some reasons most marriages don't last anymore:

1. The first reason marriages don't last anymore is because everyone now sees divorce as an option. In some years ago, divorce was not this common. As at today, many court are filled with several divorce cases. If you hear the reason some people want to get divorced, you will wonder what this generation has become. People should only go for divorce if they have tangible reasons.

2. Most married couples these days are not ready to persevere! As we know, perseverance is a very important quality every marriage must have. This is because it will take several years before both of you get used to each other. Please note that perseverance doesn't mean one should stay in an abusive relationship/ marriage. You both come from different houses and sometimes different tribes, it will take a while to adapt. However, most newly married couples only envy successful marriages, they are not ready to give it what it takes.

3. Many relationships don't last because both parties are not mature enough for marriage. It's always obvious if the husband is not mature.

You see them blaming their spouse for everything. A mature man should be ready to admit he is wrong sometimes and not blame the innocent wife. There are some cases where your maturity will be needed. A man who is not mature shouldn't get married. When you see kids go into marriage, they break up in few months. Some Men too are not mature enough to make decisions themselves. They run to their mothers. Most women don't like it when the marriage is controlled by the mother-in-law
I believe my readers have more to add, I will like to hear them out. Read more at relguide.com

https://www.relguide.com/2021/10/7-reasons-marriages-dont-last-anymore.html

3 Likes

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Bornsinner7: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
DONT BE NAIVE MARRIAGES STILL LAST VERY VERY LONG undecided
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by thesicilian: 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
When there are two captains in the ship

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
You made some sense OP, however your post seem kinda gender biassed...

So immaturity in a marriage is more obvious in a man than a woman?? How so??

2 Likes

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Vinnie2000(m): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Teespeaks:

We all know that marriages today don't last long anymore. Some relationships last longer than many marriages as at today. Some marriages don't even make it to the first year anniversary.

Funnily enough, these marriages are usually the ones with expensive weddings. What's the essence of having a big wedding when the marriage didn't last? Below are some reasons most marriages don't last anymore:

1. The first reason marriages don't last anymore is because everyone now sees divorce as an option. In some years ago, divorce was not this common. As at today, many court are filled with several divorce cases. If you hear the reason some people want to get divorced, you will wonder what this generation has become. People should only go for divorce if they have tangible reasons.

2. Most married couples these days are not ready to persevere! As we know, perseverance is a very important quality every marriage must have. This is because it will take several years before both of you get used to each other. Please note that perseverance doesn't mean one should stay in an abusive relationship/ marriage. You both come from different houses and sometimes different tribes, it will take a while to adapt. However, most newly married couples only envy successful marriages, they are not ready to give it what it takes.

3. Many relationships don't last because both parties are not mature enough for marriage. It's[b] always obvious if the husband is not mature.

You see them blaming their spouse for everything. A mature man should be ready to admit he is wrong sometimes and not blame the innocent wife. There are some cases where your maturity will be needed. A man who is not mature shouldn't get married. When you see k[/b]ids go into marriage, they break up in few months. Some Men too are not mature enough to make decisions themselves
. They run to their mothers. Most women don't like it when the marriage is controlled by the mother-in-law
I believe my readers have more to add, I will like to hear them out. Read more at relguide.com

As the Poster Above said, You are VERY BIASED! undecided

If a Man has a Stubborn, Terrible Wife hell-bent on Divorce, there is nothing he can do!
What has Maturity got to do with dis? sad

So Terrible how when Wives and even Girlfriends Misbehaves, some Pple Still turn around to blame the!

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Teespeaks:

3. Many relationships don't last because both parties are not mature enough for marriage. It's always obvious if the husband is not mature.

You see them blaming their spouse for everything. A mature man should be ready to admit he is wrong sometimes and not blame the innocent wife. There are some cases where your maturity will be needed. A man who is not mature shouldn't get married. When you see kids go into marriage, they break up in few months. Some Men too are not mature enough to make decisions themselves. They run to their mothers. Most women don't like it when the marriage is controlled by the mother-in-law

Absence of love and lack of love is the major reason, the rest if them are simply man made reasons
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
I quite agree
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
frozen70:

Absence of love and lack of love is the major reason, the rest if them are simply man made reasons

This is the immaturity OP is talking about

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by dan9ice(m): 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Have you forgotten the most important part which is "MONEY" if there is no more, just forget. Or else you'll be used as the other pills
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Titugirl(f): 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
I agree, especially with the third point.

Having a successful marriage comes with lots of maturity.
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by Rickmann: 6:21am On Oct 06, 2021
Teespeaks:

You have spoken well..
I totally agree with you on dis.
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by zexy2030(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2021
It is well.
Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by englishmart(m): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2021
Why won't the divorce rate reach the sky when girls prefer to marry who is ready to who they love?
You marry who is ready, and then cheat with who isn't ready.

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Reasons Marriages Don't Last Anymore by spy24(m): 10:32am On Oct 06, 2021
All what the op said can be summed up this way :

The new generation Woman now believe they have equal right with the man so therefore there are no more subordinates in the home .

Women now have more power than before

(1) (Reply)

My So Beautiful Maid / This Nigerian Guy on twitter Said Heaven Is Boring / The Trending Sex-tape Of Black Sherif Leaked Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.