Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! (2086 Views)

What Happening To My Boobs? (pics) / I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me / What's Happening In This Photo? What’s your Stake on this? Love or foolishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Nonexisting1: 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

I was building my career. it took me five good years to build it.
You also were building the career during the 8 xmas seasons, 8 new year seasons and Easter seasons? Okay
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by MidasO1(m): 12:49am On Oct 06, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
book shops and electronics/phone acecories igbos, infact the most popular resturant in uniport is owned by an ogoni woman, bole joint ogoni people, every day choba night market resturant line akwa ibomites., why do we choose to behave like gbagyis? even our brothers in asaba that are not even sharing land borders with the igbos are more busness oriented than us, why? we prefer free money to legit hustler! y'all sit ya lazy ass and wait for free oyel money! the agbero wey we get still dey learn work sef. i think this isolation we are having from the igbos is not helping matters at all! we need to travel abeg. if you ever heard of gbagyi thats how we are now. lets start going to school, start doing business go to ikoku market and challenge the igbo there! if the asabas can do it, we too can.

@persian .
@ exmillitant .
you're right, the laziness among ikwerre people no be here.
my brother was murdered by ikwerre youths December last year cos God blessed him and his business, he bought a car and a land but this jealous lazy ikwerre youths stopped him on his way back from church in the night and stabbed him to death

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by MidasO1(m): 12:50am On Oct 06, 2021
DankemzI:
Don't generalise this, the Ikwere people that I know are very hard-working and industrious.
keep quiet lazy ikwerre man like you
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Qatar2022: 2:06am On Oct 06, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

leukemia.. but am better now.
Sorry bro, may GOD heal you completely, Amen
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by DankemzI(m): 2:45am On Oct 06, 2021
MidasO1:
keep quiet lazy ikwerre man like you

Proudly a hardworking & industrious Akwa Ibom man
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 06, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
Yes i know am suposed to post this shit on cultural section, but the fact is i want this message to go far.

Now to the matter on ground. Ikwerre youngstars what's up? What's happening?.

For the past eight years since i left rivers for abuja i havnt returned back home, not untill last month i did because i got diagnosed with cancer. to be frank what i saw back home is truely discouraging, the laziness amongs the youth is extra epic, on my way to elele through omagwa i got stop by some lazy ass youth claiming vigilante,during the confrontation a boy i could swear his not up to 16 that his mate are in school, was busy caping trash for me with a local pistol with him. i almost wept inside me, is this what we want for ourself? i endured their captive for a while before i spoke ikwere to them and the let me go after paying 500 hundred naira.
in the whole port eli mmanu we did not dominate any niche its rather dishearning embarassed . local resturant and local food stuff trade is monopolised by the akwa ibomites/c.r's.
There is no ERROR in what you just said.
I'm not surprised that you speak VOLUME.
The REASON is you speak volume is:

You have traveled wide.
You are now exposed and enlightened.
You have left your comfort zone.
This is the singular reason IGBOS are not impressed with Governance at all Levels.
In Fact, IGBOS see dia leaders as their enemies.
Because an Average IGBO travels a lot.
Most IKWERRE people don't travel at all.
I was born and raised in Rivers State.
Sometimes, when I urge them to travel with me at an all expense paid trip, they decline.
The "OYEL" mentality really permeated them as well as those in the RIVERINE Areas.

I must commend IBIBIO & WARRI PEOPLE for their enthusiasm & doggedness. Despite huge deposits of CRUDE OIL in their domain, they travel a lot.
In Fact, they hustle as though the Oil they have is negligible & useless. I hail them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 06, 2021
MidasO1:
you're right, the laziness among ikwerre people no be here.
my brother was murdered by ikwerre youths December last year cos God blessed him and his business, he bought a car and a land but this jealous lazy ikwerre youths stopped him on his way back from church in the night and stabbed him to death
Sorry for your loss.
I'm not surprised at such.
I have lived among them, as well as those in the Riverine Communities.

RIVERINE AREAS are the worst.
Youths there keep shouting senior man from 6am to 12midnight. They storm Assemblies as well as Government House Gates every blessed day.
ABLE-BODIED MEN sit at Home and Hail you senior man 1000 times from their bedroom whenever they want to initiate Begging.
How will such Youths compete favourably with their mates in Nigeria not to talk of the ones in diaspora?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by AutoChick4U(f): 5:20am On Oct 06, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Sorry for your loss.
I'm not surprised at such.
I have lived among them, as well as those in the Riverine Communities.

RIVERINE AREAS are the worst.
Youths there keep shouting senior man from 6am to 12midnight. They storm Assemblies as well as Government House Gates every blessed day.
ABLE-BODIED MEN sit at Home and Hail you senior man 1000 times from their bedroom whenever they want to initiate Begging.
How will such Youths compete favourably with their mates in Nigeria not to talk of the ones in diaspora?

Senior Man!!!!! Lolz

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by eastOFwest(m): 6:24am On Oct 06, 2021
The truth is, there is problem in the land. The same problem you are complaining about exists up and down Nigeria, albeit in varying degrees. Some regions will pretend that all is ok for political and tribal image reasons. All this IPOb issue is just a distraction from the main issue of hunger and unemployment in Nigeria.

You call them lazy youths, but what are they supposed to do? What is the purpose of having a governor? What is the government doing to create employment to engage the youths meaningfully? Not all youths are destined to progress beyond secondary school but there needs to be suitable alternatives for them available. Governors in Nigeria are completely useless. They see themselves as if they are CEO of a personal profitable private company and spend the state money likewise. Vanity project after vanity project so that people will say "he is working". How many of these projects actually create lasting employment opportunities? Billions will be spent on one singular location project. The contractor (mostly foreign) go hammer; state officials go hammer; project engineers (normally from the usual region) go hammer; major suppliers go hammer. But what about the locals and the to youths? They are supposed to be satisfied with the fact that they have such edifice in their town or state? They are supposed be proud that their "governor is working" so that they can boast and share pictures on social media/forums? On empty stomach?

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by eastOFwest(m): 6:29am On Oct 06, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

There is no ERROR in what you just said.
I'm not surprised that you speak VOLUME.
The REASON is you speak volume is:

You have traveled wide.
You are now exposed and enlightened.
You have left your comfort zone.
This is the singular reason IGBOS are not impressed with Governance at all Levels.
In Fact, IGBOS see dia leaders as their enemies.
Because an Average IGBO travels a lot.
Most IKWERRE people don't travel at all.
I was born and raised in Rivers State.
Sometimes, when I urge them to travel with me at an all expense paid trip, they decline.
The "OYEL" mentality really permeated them as well as those in the RIVERINE Areas.

I must commend IBIBIO & WARRI Urhobo PEOPLE for their enthusiasm & doggedness. Despite huge deposits of CRUDE OIL in their domain, they travel a lot.
In Fact, they hustle as though the Oil they have is negligible & useless. I hail them!

Since you were being specific with Ibibio, let's be specific here too.
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by ozome15(m): 7:06am On Oct 06, 2021
Hahahah
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2021
Tranquill:

If your entire family members or village people are lazy and you chose to come and address them on nairaland, maybe we should help you to beg Seun to at least make y'all shareholders of nairaland.

I don't want to be harsh to you because you said you are sick but you don't sound sensible to be honest.

If i stand at choba junction at night or my hometown mbueto and start shouting what i just said an ikwerre at rumuola or elele wont hear me. Infact my whole village people wont hear my voice, so please if you know of any meduim where i can post and even years later an ikwerre man in lagos,port,abuja etc can come across it please let me know.
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by MrWondah(m): 7:44am On Oct 06, 2021
tongue
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Dremeke: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2021
I thought I was the only one that noticed the pervasive laziness amongst rivers men.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Ehmmah588(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2021
OP I just love this thread cos its making me meet my brothers and sisters from riverine communities who see things like I do....please can we have a WhatsApp group or something??..so we can at least try putting efforts in making our community better and safer for everyone. Please I think its necessary
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by arthurwillia(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2021
Lol
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Ehmmah588:
OP I just love this thread cos its making me meet my brothers and sisters from riverine communities who see things like I do....please can we have a WhatsApp group or something??..so we can at least try putting efforts in making our community better and safer for everyone. Please I think its necessary

Thanks..

Regarding the whatsapp group it might not turn out well though.. Because all your riverine brothers dont like hearing biafra and you guys on the other hand cant talk a day without adding biafra, am speaking from experience, Except its just a fun group.

Thanks for stoping by.
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Tranquill: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

If i stand at choba junction at night or my hometown mbueto and start shouting what i just said an ikwerre at rumuola or elele wont hear me. Infact my whole village people wont hear my voice, so please if you know of any meduim where i can post and even years later an ikwerre man in lagos,port,abuja etc can come across it please let me know.

Like I said, I don't want to be harsh to you.
I am far more travelled than you have not just to Abuja but to the North, East and West. Not just to the cities but to the rural areas and in all these places, you find people that want to be useful with their lives as well as deviants and perverts.
Your response shows you are looking at Ikwerre from the purview of your family members who are obviously lazy since you can not reach all Ikwerre people but you decided to come and insult hardworking Ikwerre people on nairaland.
I even have doubt that you are truly Ikwerre otherwise you would know there is a facebook platform for Iwhuorohna people.
Someone asked you about setting up a whatsapp group and you start talking about biafra. Now what is the link?
The people you think you want to impress by insulting Ikwerre people on nairaland have worst situations in their domain but they pretend that all is well and come here to cheer you up.

Like I said before, you obviously do not sound sensible nor smart.
I pray you recover from your ill health.
Re: Ikwerre What's Happening In Our Land!! !! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
@ Tranquill when last did you visit home?

Talk about being smart, what i did is the right thing.

And please stop talking about being harsh on me mr man! Am not a kid neither am i handicaped! So spare that trash.

If the current situation of ikwere youngstars is ok by you then fine! Am done talking, i just poured out my mind because it was heavy inside.

Regarding facebook metion one active ikwerre group that hasnt being invaded by igbo people that are not as educated about us as the ones here.

If others are not complaining good for them! Ikwere are not them.

Lastly am not posting to please anybody, go through my posts and threads i barely have time for that shit.

Thanks for your concern smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Just Called My Brother / I Am So Sick And Tired Of This! / Playas “rules” And “pick Up Lines” Strictly For Playas(male)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.