Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking A Sin? (27367 Views)

Is SMOKING A SIN / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by KaluwisxPRO: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Oga nutritionist!

What is the nutrient breakdown of marijuana?

Shey you read am for bible say marijuana no food ?

Direct that useless question of yours to the madman up there. Both of you can answer yourself about what the Bible allows us to eat or not, since you all wanna be useless to yourselves

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by KaluwisxPRO: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Did God create marijuana for you to inhale to your destruction?

So in what modest way can you take sugar so it doesn’t kill you? Because it seems the way humans consume it is the reason why they die from diabetes (according to your half brain logic).

You’ve left your argument only to jump to the means of consumption. Olodo, enter class you say no, now see your life.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by pyro62(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Did God create marijuana for you to inhale to your destruction?

Your comment doesn't make any sense. Inhaling the marijuana is that what would cause destruction? Your pastor has a lot of work to do on you. Or maybe you don't know the meaning of destruction
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
pyro62:

Your comment doesn't make any sense. Inhaling the marijuana is that what would cause destruction? Your pastor has a lot of work to do on you. Or maybe you don't know the meaning of destruction
Okay!
According to you now!
Marijuana intake is beneficial to your health ?if NDLEA catch you
You will recant your statement
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

So in what modest way can you take sugar so it doesn’t kill you? Because it seems the way humans consume it is the reason why they die from diabetes (according to your half brain logic).

You’ve left your argument only to jump to the means of consumption. Olodo, enter class you say no, now see your life.
Sugar is in ,cassava,yam,eba,garri,rice,Amala,wheat(in the form of starch).this is what your body needs to generate sugar for your energy and for further breakdown to get other nutrients your body needs!

I have asked and I am asking you again what are the nutrientional value of smoking to your body? Or in lay man terms that I asked someone and he has has been been bouncing like Ronaldo
If you smoking #1500 into you body what type of shit do you intend to excrete
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Oh i'm sorry i have forgotten that our own God has given us another name by which He now call us! Isaiah 65:15
We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 43:10-12

The name Christians doesn't have any sound meaning anymore so please don't be offended, i meant to say "in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, smoking is as evil as Fornication and Adultery.

So no JWs can come out to speak proudly in support of smoking.

May you have PEACE! smiley

udomma1005:

Who do you really refer to as "ourselves" because I'm a Christian but beg to differ from your point of view?
If you find something or someone irritating to your being, you do well to avoid it rather than pass assuming myths in lieu of all. Smoking is not sin! While younger, the Irish and Portuguese reverend fathers we met were basically chronic smokers while still propagating evangelism relentlessly. A lot of people were converted to Christianity, anyway.
It isn't everyone that smokes in uncompleted buildings neither do they go nude after smoking. Respect the rights of others, live and let's live. I had a lecturer who was a bad arse smoker. He was running about a pack (20 sticks) in less than a 2 hour class,we thought he would die before we do graduate grin. But alas, a lot of lecturers have died through accidents, village winch, medical complications and sorts but our smoky J is hale & hearty as at last month i bumped into him in Port Harcourt.
Let's learn to mind our darm businesses and live let others live too.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by okwusdaddy: 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Valuc:
I understand o.. u smoke. U go out .. u get accident u die .. u no smoke .. u get accident u die .. the end of it all is death... Whether it's malaria or it's system failure

So allowing mosquitoes to bite you is a sin.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Das1mama: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Pls i really need ur help as have tried different means to quit smoking has being so hard for me, clearly known is a sin to defile the temple of God, 08068076419
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by LordReed(m): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
ableguy:

Simple question is there smoke that's harmless? U begin dey write note.

I already made my point why should I rehash my argument for you?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as moral or religious sin. There is just sin which refers to disobedience of any of the commandment explicitly given to us in God's Law to us, Jesus Christ. undecided

Smoking is not a sin because Jesus Christ never gave us rules about smoking being a sin. undecided

Smoking is instead considered a moral issue and this by society and by extension government of men. undecided

oh, to you smoking is not a sin right?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:
oh, to you smoking is not a sin right?
This isn't about me but about God’s Law... He decides what Sin is and what is not sin. undecided

Now, according to God, smoking is not a sin - it cannot defile you or make you unclean or unholy/ unacceptable to God - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20. undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This isn't about me but about God’s Law... He decides what Sin is and what is not sin. undecided

Now, according to God, smoking is not a sin - it cannot defile you or make you unclean or unholy/ unacceptable to God - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20. undecided

so you re saying that the bible supports smoking?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:
so you re saying that the bible supports smoking?
I didn't say that the Bible said anything. undecided

What instead matters is what God says since His Word, not your bible, is Law and according to God's Law, Jesus Christ, it is not what we eat or ingests that defiles us, makes us unclean or unholy for God's use - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't say that the Bible said anything. undecided

What instead matters is what God says since His Word, not your bible,

So where can we get his word apart from the bible oo??

Kobojunkie:

is Law and according to God's Law

which law? Where can we find this law?

Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ, it is not what we eat or ingests that defiles us, makes us unclean or unholy for God's use - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided

from all this your epistle,
what is your final say?
Is smoking good or not?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by harlee(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Snappy0132:
Osu wa bayi o

I don't understand you
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:

So where can we get his word apart from the bible oo??

which law? Where can we find this law?

Jesus Christ, it is not what we eat or ingests that defiles us, makes us unclean or unholy for God's use - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided

from all this your epistle,
what is your final say?
Is smoking good or not?
The Bible is a book that is is a compendium of books. You can easily and individually download each of the books contained in your Bible as separate units... for example, there are copies out there of the Gospel according to Matthew for those who wish to access that book. undecided

And when I quoted to you from the Book called the Gospel according to Matthew, I didnt quote the Pharisees, nor did I quote Judas. I quoted the one who is the Word of God, Jesus Christ, to you. undecided

If the Word out of the Mouth of God Himself does not agree with you, that is your choice. Majority of those who claim to be Christians even today have an aversion for the Words of Jesus Christ, so you are not alone in claims to believe yet outrightly rejecting His Truth. undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Bible is a book that is is a compendium of books. You can easily and individually download each of the books contained in your Bible as separate units... for example, there are copies out there of the Gospel according to Matthew for those who wish to access that book. undecided

And when I quoted to you from the Book called the Gospel according to Matthew, I didnt quote the Pharisees, nor did I quote Judas. I quoted the one who is the Word of God, Jesus Christ, to you. undecided

If the Word out of the Mouth of God Himself does not agree with you, that is your choice. Majority of those who claim to be Christians even today have an aversion for the Words of Jesus Christ, so you are not alone in claims to believe yet outrightly rejecting His Truth. undecided

yes,, i know my own bible isnt complete,
i know you have the complete one.....
I want to know....
What does your complete bible say about "smoking"
does it say it is good or bad??
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:

I want to know....
Matthew 15 vs 10-20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 is where Jesus Christ gives you the answers you seek. If Jesus Christ's answer is not good enough, then I am afraid you are on your own. undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Away, Satan !

Always trying to spin cobwebs of confusion !

Say a little right, slip in a lot wrong... just like your father, the devil.

Earliler you implied Jesus said it's okay to drink poison !
But Jesus did not say that.
He said "...and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them;" (Mark 16:18 NKJV).
Obviously no one should dring poison ON PURPOSE, as you implied would be okay.
Jesus was saying that those Believers who happen to ingest poison BY ACCIDENT, God will protect.

And always trying to pretend that Jesus IS God's Law.
Jesus kept God's Law.
Jesus tells us to keep God's Law.
Jesus IS NOT God's Law Himself.
I don't say this for your evil sake, I only say it for others who might be duped by your perversion and your wretchedness.

Shall I once again point out that previously you tried to slyly suggest pills to a woman for something that didn't need pills; she saw through your evil and escaped, but God saw everything, and you will be held to account unless you repent.

But obviously, you're still the same evil person as you were then.

The Lord rebuke Kobojunkie, always twisting and distorting to try catch another victim in his devil-laden web.

SHAME ON Kobojunkie !

Again, the Lord rebuke Kobojunkie !
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Matthew 15 vs 10-20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 is where Jesus Christ gives you the answers you seek. If Jesus Christ's answer is not good enough, then I am afraid you are on your own. undecided

so what does it imply?
Does it implies that smoking is good or not?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Direct that useless question of yours to the madman up there. Both of you can answer yourself about what the Bible allows us to eat or not, since you all wanna be useless to yourselves
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Hahjascho(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
Does this deserve to be a question ? I'm afraid......and that a MOD could verify this as a major post, I'm dissapointely in shock.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:

I want to know....

Do NOT listen to Kobojunkie ! He's a devil ! A wolf in a bad sheep costume !

Yes, smoking is indeed a sin.

It is murder of the self, breaking Commandment #6, "You shall not murder," which includes all types of ending human life - abortion, actual murder of someone else, suicide, euthanasia... and much more, including all knowingly unsafe or risky behaviors.

One's body temple is a gift to them from God, and it is indeed a sin to knowingly abuse it with poisons like smoking.

The flesh is weak, but the Spirit is willing.

Your own Spirit knows smoking is a bad and dangerous habit, based in rebellion against what is Good and Lovely and Right and True.

Keep the Truth.
Keep Jesus.
Read and learn the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in a real Bible (like the NKJV-New King James Version or the KJV-King James Version, NOT a late-model deceitful Bible like the ERV-Easy to Read Version).
And then do what Jesus teaches... including repenting, forgiving, and sinning no more, by keeping God's Commandments... the Ten Commandments which are based on the Two Most Important Commandments (Love for God and others).

I wish you well. Keep the Lord.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
[tquote author=awitness41 post=106626324]
Do NOT listen to Kobojunkie ! He's a devil ! A wolf in a bad sheep costume !

Yes, smoking is indeed a sin.

It is murder of the self, breaking Commandment #6, "You shall not murder," which includes all types of ending human life - abortion, actual murder of someone else, suicide, euthanasia... and much more, including all knowingly unsafe or risky behaviors.

One's body temple is a gift to them from God, and it is indeed a sin to knowingly abuse it with poisons like smoking.

The flesh is weak, but the Spirit is willing.

Your own Spirit knows smoking is a bad and dangerous habit, based in rebellion against what is Good and Lovely and Right and True.

Keep the Truth.
Keep Jesus.
Read and learn the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in a real Bible (like the NKJV-New King James Version or the KJV-King James Version, NOT a late-model deceitful Bible like the ERV-Easy to Read Version).
And then do what Jesus teaches... including repenting, forgiving, and sinning no more, by keeping God's Commandments... the Ten Commandments which are based on the Two Most Important Commandments (Love for God and others).

I wish you well. Keep the Lord.
[/quote]
God bless you for me
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by KaluwisxPRO: 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Sugar is in ,cassava,yam,eba,garri,rice,Amala,wheat(in the form of starch).this is what your body needs to generate sugar for your energy and for further breakdown to get other nutrients your body needs!

I have asked and I am asking you again what are the nutrientional value of smoking to your body? Or in lay man terms that I asked someone and he has has been been bouncing like Ronaldo
If you smoking #1500 into you body what type of shit do you intend to excrete

The same sugar in those things you mentioned are the same sugar that causes diabetes. So what special kind of sugar doesn’t lead to diabetes? Olodo man
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Okay!
According to you now!

dont be stupid, marijuana is very very good for your health,
its intake is very medicinal, just like your ugu and saint leaf, do you smoke ugu, or saint leaf?
Try smoking saint leaf, you ll die instantly,
so, whats the point?
Smoking any leaf makes the chemical component too powerful, thus dangerous to our health,
of which when we cook that same leaf, it would have no harmful effect on us.
taking it through blazzing or smoking is what is wrong, that method of administering it is whats wrong.
You can cook it with your food, or add its raw leaves, you ll be fine....
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by pyro62(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
baralatie:

Okay!
According to you now!

Intellectual plane crash. Go and read the topic before making comments
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:

dont be stupid, marijuana is very very good for your health,
its intake is very medicinal, just like your ugu and saint leaf, do you smoke ugu, or saint leaf?
Try smoking saint leaf, you ll die instantly,
so, whats the point?
Smoking any leaf makes the chemical component too powerful, thus dangerous to our health,
of which when we cook that same leaf, it would have no harmful effect on us.
taking it through blazzing or smoking is what is wrong, that method of administering it is whats wrong.
You can cook it with your food, or add its raw leaves, you ll be fine....
Do you smoke
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Melanyn(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Puff puff pass...
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by DuvanZappatta(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
haddeylium:

Firstly, Smoking is a degrading action that harms and defiles a person’s body. Paul reminded the Corinthian that Christians must cleanse themselves of ‘every defilement of the flesh’.

“2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God”

It's a common knowledge that smoking is very addicting. It contains nicotine acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly.

Smoking is lethal and being enslaved to any lethal habit that enslaves someone is not the best way to give your ‘all’ to almighty God.
Smoking kills at a faster rate than coronavirus. Averagely, 6millons people die every year because of this habit.

God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said:

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” Matthew 22:37

Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect.

If you want to learn about the true God and his promises and what he has done for us. Even, tips on how to overcome the addiction (if any). Visit JW.ORG
Romans 14:1-23

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Cybercop2002: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
most people for nairaland don get touch , diabetes kill's faster than is deadlier than smoke and is not a sin ,on a dey eat jedi Jedi things wey worst pasa smoke and wey go kill on a fast ,if Jedi Jedi is not a sin then smoking is not a sin too
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Valuc: 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
okwusdaddy:

So allowing mosquitoes to bite you is a sin.
the question is... Do u allow mosquito to bite you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"God Changed My Genotype To AA After I Attended A Church Program" - Lady / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.