Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking A Sin? (27353 Views)

Is SMOKING A SIN / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by DuvanZappatta(m): 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omoluabiii:
[tquote author=awitness41 post=106626324]
Do NOT listen to Kobojunkie ! He's a devil ! A wolf in a bad sheep costume !

Yes, smoking is indeed a sin.

It is murder of the self, breaking Commandment #6, "You shall not murder," which includes all types of ending human life - abortion, actual murder of someone else, suicide, euthanasia... and much more, including all knowingly unsafe or risky behaviors.

One's body temple is a gift to them from God, and it is indeed a sin to knowingly abuse it with poisons like smoking.

The flesh is weak, but the Spirit is willing.

Your own Spirit knows smoking is a bad and dangerous habit, based in rebellion against what is Good and Lovely and Right and True.

Keep the Truth.
Keep Jesus.
Read and learn the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in a real Bible (like the NKJV-New King James Version or the KJV-King James Version, NOT a late-model deceitful Bible like the ERV-Easy to Read Version).
And then do what Jesus teaches... including repenting, forgiving, and sinning no more, by keeping God's Commandments... the Ten Commandments which are based on the Two Most Important Commandments (Love for God and others).

I wish you well. Keep the Lord.

God bless you for me

Romans 14:1-23 ESV

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by caesymore(m): 5:41am On Oct 11, 2021
haddeylium:

Firstly, Smoking is a degrading action that harms and defiles a person’s body. Paul reminded the Corinthian that Christians must cleanse themselves of ‘every defilement of the flesh’.

“2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God”

It's a common knowledge that smoking is very addicting. It contains nicotine acts as a stimulant as well as a depressant. Smoking delivers nicotine to the brain quickly and repeatedly.

Smoking is lethal and being enslaved to any lethal habit that enslaves someone is not the best way to give your ‘all’ to almighty God.
Smoking kills at a faster rate than coronavirus. Averagely, 6millons people die every year because of this habit.

God teaches us to have a proper view of our life, our body, and our faculties. His Son, Jesus, pointed to this when he said:

“You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.” Matthew 22:37

Clearly, God wants us to make good use of our life and body and to treat them with respect.

If you want to learn about the true God and his promises and what he has done for us. Even, tips on how to overcome the addiction (if any). Visit JW.ORG

Mis quoted, well I'm not surprised Jw's hardly understand what they read shaaa.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2021
baralatie:
Do you smoke
I was once a smoker, but not anymore..... I stoped myself when i understood/realise the danger in it..... Whah about you?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by joyandfaith: 7:17am On Oct 11, 2021
caesymore:

Can u pls quote them properly?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2021
caesymore:

Well that's the one and only organization of people who are PRACTICING what Jesus taught unlike most unfaithful religionists who can't adhere to Jesus' teaching but using magical acts and tricks to cover-up claiming they're performing miracles! Matthew 7:21-23

So understanding is not when people around you accept your religion as normal rather it's the fine results of your faith {Matthew 7:16-18} Jesus was the world's most wonderful counselor of all times yet most people in his time thought he was insane {John 10:20} of course that's exactly the same thing people will always say about his true followers! Matthew 10:22-25; John 15:19 smiley
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by udomma1005(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Oh i'm sorry i have forgotten that our own God has given us another name by which He now call us! Isaiah 65:15
We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 43:10-12

The name Christians doesn't have any sound meaning anymore so please don't be offended, i meant to say "in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, smoking is as evil as Fornication and Adultery.

So no JWs can come out to speak proudly in support of smoking.

May you have PEACE! smiley

" our own God....... "
How many gods do we actually have, if I may ask?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2021
udomma1005:

" our own God....... "
How many gods do we actually have, if I may ask?
There are many gods in the world {1 Corinthians 8:5} so if your god approves smoking but mine doesn't then each person will have to speak for his own god that's why i said "our own God" Micah 4:5
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by udomma1005(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There are many gods in the world {1 Corinthians 8:5} so if your god approves smoking but mine doesn't then each person will have to speak for his own god that's why i said "our own God" Micah 4:5
What does this your god really approve?
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Chibuezem(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did you get the claim in bold from? I ask because...

1. ...God's curse, not sins, is reason for why why human body is to perish in the end - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided

2. ...Man was born from his parents a physical being(of clay of this earth) and not of spirit. According to Jesus Christ, it is only when He is saved - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - that he is born of Spirit.

Also, how can that which is of the physical world be said to degrade that which is even of Spirit(eternal) - in what way does this degradation happen? undecided

It is foolishness to claim to be saved by Jesus Christ bit have absolutely no clue or knowledge of His teachings and commandments. undecided
Matthew 4:4...... I live by the God's spoken word to me and He told me that Sin degrades a man spiritual and physically... What did God tell you about smoking? There are a few sins not written in the scripture like mastubation, smoking etc
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2021
udomma1005:

What does this your god really approve?
That's not the topic now, let's focus on the topic "SMOKING" our own God disapproves smoking but yours approves it so it's clear that both of us can't be speaking of the same god! smiley
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by baralatie(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Omoluabiii:

I was once a smoker,
but not anymore.....
I stoped myself when i understood/realise the danger in it.....
Whah about you?
Mine was seeing someone who was an elder(Mr Okuwa ,may his soul rest in peace) I respected and adored died because of it.
The man was a very bright man with a very sharp sense of intellect but as a kid .I knew that he was a Benson and hedges chain smoker.
He was rushed to hospital and that was it.he was gone!

sad sad

Then there was my cousins' parents became orphans just like that.Then dewale sad

Naa! Nobody can preach smoking to me!
It has taken too many people I know!
sad sad sad
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2021
Chibuezem:
Matthew 4:4...... I live by the God's spoken word to me and He told me that Sin degrades a man spiritual and physically... What did God tell you about smoking? There are a few sins not written in the scripture like mastubation, smoking etc
The Word of God is Jesus Christ, He is the very Word out of God's own mouth and He explained to you in Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 that the only things that cause degradation of a man are not those substances external to man, food, water, smoke, air....etc. - those things go into man and are passed out - but instead those bad things stored up inside of the man's mind... like sexual lust, fornication, evil thoughts, etc. undecided

So, it isn't enough to say with your lips that you live by Jesus Christ, you need to KNOW the Truth, Jesus Christ, and only then can He set you free from the lies and from all the other delusions that keep you from doing the Will of God and in slavery to sin. undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Omoluabiii(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
baralatie:

Mine was seeing someone who was an elder(Mr Okuwa ,may his soul rest in peace) I respected and adored died because of it.
The man was a very bright man with a very sharp sense of intellect but as a kid .I knew that he was a Benson and hedges chain smoker.
He was rushed to hospital and that was it.he was gone!

sad sad

Then there was my cousins' parents became orphans just like that.Then dewale sad

Naa! Nobody can preach smoking to me!
It has taken too many people I know!
sad sad sad

its bad and should be avoided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well that's the one and only organization of people who are PRACTICING what Jesus taught unlike most unfaithful religionists who can't adhere to Jesus' teaching but using magical acts and tricks to cover-up claiming they're performing miracles! Matthew 7:21-23

So understanding is not when people around you accept your religion as normal rather it's the fine results of your faith {Matthew 7:16-18} Jesus was the world's most wonderful counselor of all times yet most people in his time thought he was insane {John 10:20} of course that's exactly the same thing people will always say about his true followers! Matthew 10:22-25; John 15:19 smiley

What a way of answering an Otem-like post!!!

People like budaatum and AOO1 also think almost everyone on Earth doesn't understand anything written in English

So
They divert from the message,turn statements upside down,call you names,mock you,accuse you of so many things

Then deny all they do

He needs help
He's an idiot
He's a useless person
He hates himself

Such is their defense

But in vain

They can only boast of what I have not eaten before.........(maybe fellow humans)

For he that considers me a lunatic doesn't make me regret anything....
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What a way of answering an Otem-like post!!!

People like budaatum and AOO1 also think almost everyone on Earth doesn't understand anything written in English

So
They divert from the message,turn statements upside down,call you names,mock you,accuse you of so many things

Then deny all they do

He needs help
He's an idiot
He's a useless person
He hates himself

Such is their defense

But in vain

They can only boast of what I have not eaten before.........(maybe fellow humans)

For he that considers me a lunatic doesn't make me regret anything....

Spits on their condemnations....
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by AFRICANJAMAICA: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

"Thou shalt not kill, even thine own self" you know This Law at least.

Try looking for treads which have asked this question before.

Now someone would still raise a thread on drinking, I think Seun, you could do something such that when someone duplicates a thread, it would immediately direct them to the previous thread.

But you eat sugar.
Foolish christians
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
AFRICANJAMAICA:

But you eat sugar.
Foolish christians

What kind of stupid counter attack is this since you can not defend yourself?

Then you attack with sugar! Sugar which when first put in babies mouths you get love and giggles whilst you nearly choked to death inhaling that horribly disgusting stuff, dying of cough and your eyes watering red when you first took it.

You can as well live in a dustbin, eat there and inhale the smoke there, Stupid Tape Worm.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by paltielx: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And Jesus Christ told you that it is not what you eat or ingest that defiles you but instead what you have stored up inside your heart that does - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 undecided

So if you believe that your body is defiled by things like what you ingest, then you don't understand what defilement really means at all. undecided
The sad effect of smoking is all over our society, so no need to argue
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
paltielx:
The sad effect of smoking is all over our society, so no need to argue
But what has that to do with God's Law? undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by paltielx: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But what has that to do with God's Law? undecided
As i mention earlier, the Bible warns against any form of defilement of flesh, its boldly written on their packs that "smokers are liable of dying young. A God that value life is against thing like that
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
paltielx:
As i mention earlier, the Bible warns against any form of defilement of flesh, its boldly written on their packs that "smokers are liable of dying young. A God that value life is against thing like that
Defilement of flesh? Interesting! undecided

So, what did God tell you defiles you as an individual - clues to this can be found in Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23? undecided

As for a God that values life, are you sure your life is what He values or the kind of life He wants that He does? undecided
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by paltielx: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Defilement of flesh? Interesting! undecided

So, what did God tell you defiles you as an individual - clues to this can be found in Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23? undecided

As for a God that values life, are you sure your life is what He values or the kind of life He wants that He does? undecided
in those verses what comes out of the mouth is speech not food or eatable things, that's what Jesus meant, ones vomit cannot defile the person
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
paltielx:
in those verses what comes out of the mouth is speech not food or eatable things, that's what Jesus meant, ones vomit cannot defile the person
You are very very Wrong! undecided

Read again and this time, try not to be in a rush to make Jesus Christ say what you want but instead be open to hearing and learning from Him in humility. undecided

Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by udomma1005(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's not the topic now, let's focus on the topic "SMOKING" our own God disapproves smoking but yours approves it so it's clear that both of us can't be speaking of the same god! smiley
Kikikiki, seems you don't really know much about this your "God" or "god", reason you shying away from the obvious. Go work on yourself & try to live in peace with moslems, Hindus, jews, Taoist, pagans, marahajis etc. Do unto them what you want done to you! Quit trying to explain the "God factor", it's too complex for you to ecplain, that I observe. Respect your religion and respect other religions equally. Stop trying to swap God with Jehova & cross for stake, it's useless & baseless. Keep away from smokers since you & that your god detest it but shut up and never criticise anyone because you're incapable of fabricating, the least as the strand of human hair undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Predicted France Terror Attack – T.B. Joshua / Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Dances Legwork To 'Unboring' Song Performed By His Choir / Pastor Uebert Angel: God Never Told A Woman To Love Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.