Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) (52800 Views)

See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / How To Check For The Expiry Date Of Cooking Gas Cylinder. / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2021
Abragidi:
I had to watch your tread before a respond and I observed that your a bitter and uncultured soul....Try try make your life better and leave online bullying...And I pray your business do well.. �️�️�️

More clown talk.
But I expected that from you. Superficial as you are. If you weren’t an African church rat, you’d know seeking for investors for a business doesn’t mean a person is poor or frustrated. Try and leave the shores of Africa. You think I’ll stop ever looking for all the funding in the world for my business because low lives like you think its shameful. Laughable.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Ogchase33: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2021
We have no working regulatory bodies in Nigeria, they are all corrupt, I have seen eggs with expiry dates in Accra and also all drinks have bar codes, you just can’t sell fake when you know there is someone ready to arrest you if you default. God help Nigeria
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2021
SavageResponse:

Will you agree to pay the equivalent of 2Pounds Sterling (N1,500) for just 15 eggs in Nigeria?!

By the way packaged eggs in big departmental stores such as Spar have expiry dates stamped on them
F*ck this ignorance. 2 pounds is not even up to an hour work.. There is no big deal in using 20% of your one hour work to buy 15eggs. Here in Nigeria, it will be difficult for a person that earn 1k a day to use everything to buy egg. Food and transportation is damm cheap in these western countries.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2021
Lol never in Nigeria
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by drnoel: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
My cousin just bought eggs in London today and observed the expiry (Best Before ) dates of the eggs were stamped on each eggs as well as the case.

Can't we have the same here in Nigeria to avoid situation where you have five eggs. You cracked four good eggs but the last one was bad and spoilt the whole thing.

That's not news
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2021
Aonkuuse:
so eggs are much costly there than Nigeria fa, 2 pounds for 15 eggs, that is about 1,116.75, this is serious
Oga, that 2 pounds no even reach wetin dem dey earn for one hour. Person wey dey earn 10 pounds per hour (70 pounds for 7 hours) no go get problem to remove just 2 pounds to buy 15 eggs.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2021
walix5:
(£2)1, 500 for 15eggs (half crate).
Nigeria still better sha!
It is far cheaper there. Look at the purchasing power. So many ignorant folks on Naira land..

Oga, that 2 pounds no even reach wetin dem dey earn for one hour. Person wey dey earn 10 pounds per hour (70 pounds for 7 hours) no go get problem to remove just 2 pounds to buy 15 eggs.

Most laborers for Nigeria earn 1k to 1.5k naira per day in Nigeria, can they use the whole money to buy one crate of egg? In the other hand, the laborer in UK earns 10 pounds per hour (70 pounds per day) can easily remove 2 pounds to buy a crate of egg without thinking twice. Another angle is, can 2 naira buy one egg? Not to talk of a crate of egg?
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Booktree: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
My cousin just bought eggs in London today and observed the expiry (Best Before ) dates of the eggs were stamped on each eggs as well as the case.

Can't we have the same here in Nigeria to avoid situation where you have five eggs. You cracked four good eggs but the last one was bad and spoilt the whole thing.

Not true.. I'm in lekki and the eggs I bought have expiry date

1 Like

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by bravehost4u(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2021
Na foul shit be our own stamp
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Booktree: 11:10am On Oct 06, 2021
Expiry date

1 Like

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Iamolukorede(m): 11:10am On Oct 06, 2021
I have seen more properly manage farm produce, both agro produce et Al ..

Forget Nigeria, Nigeria is sleeping for now, I have lived in 3 countries and I know what and how they prioritize not jus one product but all. then more safety conscious about them

Don't you think it is time we restructure this zoo called Nigeria, or is it when restructuring forces itself on us ?.. the youth are the savage tool in leading this nation to a progressive path.

Join politics, join politics the youth will say no but rather chase after fast life, cars, money and woman.. tueh .. Nigeria problems are Nigerian's you know you know.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 11:15am On Oct 06, 2021
Ryan14:

Yes bro, that's like 90 something Naira/egg oo
After we go say naija no good smiley smiley
It is far cheaper there. Look at the purchasing power. So many ignorant folks on Naira land..

Most laborers for Nigeria earn 1k to 1.5k naira per day in Nigeria, can they use the whole money to buy one crate of egg? In the other hand, the laborer in UK earns 10 pounds per hour (70 pounds per day) can easily remove 2 pounds to buy a crate of egg without thinking twice. Another angle is, can 2 naira buy one egg? Not to talk of a crate of egg?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by nairavsdollars(f): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2021
I'm telling you. Ordinary 2 pounds to buy eggs is scaring many people here. Do you know how much those guys pay to watch matches at stadiums? I curse poverty
Overthemoonman:
F*ck this ignorance. 2 pounds is not even up to an hour work.. There is no big deal in using 20% of your one hour work to buy 15eggs. Here in Nigeria, it will be difficult for a person that earn 1k a day to use everything to buy egg. Food and transportation is damm cheap in these western countries.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2021
Its laughable,the business I run and the job I do can house that your rat house you call shop and pay your school fees till you graduate....Simp.. grin grin

Bobmarie:
More clown talk.
But I expected that from you. Superficial as you are. If you weren’t an African church rat, you’d know seeking for investors for a business doesn’t mean a person is poor or frustrated. Try and leave the shores of Africa. You think I’ll stop ever looking for all the funding in the world for my business because low lives like you think its shameful. Laughable.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SarkinYarki: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Nothing of such in Nigeria, particularly the BB (best before), but stamped/branded eggs are available, e.g Funtuna Eggs.

The company name is usually stamped on each egg before package

Funtuna eggs have best before date
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Loneley: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2021
Since it's for "Obasanjo", won't be shocked if it's over a million bucks cheesy

helinues:

More than shitty job oo. Just wondering how much the website designer would charge for that rubbish he called website.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by descarado: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2021
lordatkinson07:
Those eggs are not organic like ours in Nigeria.
Most often, they are manufactured.
The same is in Canada, USA, even UAE.

If you want to confirm, break one and smell it to confirm.
You will see that there is a big difference between the organic and the non-organic ones produced by this countries
They manufacture eggs?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Jeez! cheesy
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by thunderbabs: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2021
Bought similar in Sango ota area before that I wondered if I was seeing correctly.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by uvie66: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2021
helinues:
Eggs in UK?

Is Nigeria and UK age mate in everything?

Do we even have big poultry farms in Nigeria
The thing weak, You never compare Nigeria to Ghana na London wey at most one kidnapping dey happen every two years, or people dey fit sleep with two eyes close.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by uvie66: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Most of those stuffs hv been genetically mutilated. God hand no dey again hence the expiry date grin
genetically modified but it is to consume at least e still better pass aboki suya where the meat source is unknown.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Tats(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2021
It is not only the expiry date that is stamped on it. There is a code on each egg which tells which country/farm it came from and which batch of eggs it belongs to. So if there is an issue, they can isolate that batch and inform the public.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by uvie66: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2021
uvie66:
genetically modified but it is fit to consume, at least e still better pass aboki suya where the meat source is unknown.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by uvie66: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:

It's cheaper sir, na purchasing power be the issue... How many people fit buy egg of 1k here?
..... the thing weak me...on an average salary of 70k a month

1 Like

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Pumpumking: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:

True. My egg expire yesterday & I threw it outer the window!!!(TRUE STORY) angry
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Bbbwings: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:

These days, average Nigerian care more about the affordability than expiring date.
This night cant try that today. grin
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
uvie66:
..... the thing weak me...on an average salary of 70k a month
going by minimum wage, it's 30k sir. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by CCC2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
If you buy from Funtuna it does have it but many dont take note
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Bbbwings: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
Revolution001:
15 eggs for £2, that's roughly N1500, but 30 eggs goes for 1600 here.......
Context matters
What is the minimum wage here.
Besides where are they selling a crate for you at 1600.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by MufasaLion: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
Aonkuuse:
so eggs are much costly there than Nigeria fa, 2 pounds for 15 eggs, that is about 1,116.75, this is serious

Why convert to Naira?
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Fastlinkpro: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
that day , na so i break the last of the 4 eggs, that one just spoiled everything.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by MufasaLion: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
walix5:
(£2)1, 500 for 15eggs (half crate).
Nigeria still better sha!

You're ignorant. grin
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SavageResponse(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Lies. Show us one from Spar

You don't even have to go to Spar. Just look for eggs from Funtuna Farms and check on the transparent package material they use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.