Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) (52758 Views)

See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / How To Check For The Expiry Date Of Cooking Gas Cylinder. / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Toks007: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
Eggs expire?
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SAMAJ: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Who noticed the price tag on the crate of egg. 15 eggs for 2 pounds? Damn expensive.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Toks007: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Eggs expiry dates are the least of our worries, 3 times and 3 different brands I have brought pounded yam flour in the UK only to find out when opened its like 70% ground rice with some yam flour in it. angry
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SavageResponse(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Overthemoonman:
F*ck this ignorance. 2 pounds is not even up to an hour work.. There is no big deal in using 20% of your one hour work to buy 15eggs. Here in Nigeria, it will be difficult for a person that earn 1k a day to use everything to buy egg. Food and transportation is damm cheap in these western countries.

You people that have never crossed the border before will just be talking rubbish.

Once they tell you that a job in the UK pays a wage rate of 20Pounds per hour you will ignorantly assume that if you work for 10 hours in a day then it automatically means that 200Pounds will go home with you...money don full everywhere be that! grin

Try and find your way to Europe so you will see tings for yourself!
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Toks007: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
SAMAJ:
Who noticed the price tag on the crate of egg. 15 eggs for 2 pounds? Damn expensive.

Many places you can get 15 eggs for a £1 or £1.20 max.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
SavageResponse:

You people that have never crossed the border before will just be talking rubbish.

Once they tell you that a job in the UK pays a wage rate of 20Pounds per hour you will ignorantly assume that if you work for 10 hours in a day then it automatically means that 200Pounds will go home with you...money don full everywhere be that! grin

Try and find your way to Europe so you will see tings for yourself!

It is just the basic example I gave you because I know comprehension will be difficult for you. I put it to you, 2 pounds is nothing even to the poorest person living in UK... So it means even the poorest can afford a crate of egg
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SavageResponse(m): 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Overthemoonman:
It is just the basic example I gave you because I know comprehension will be difficult for you. I put it to you, 2 pounds is nothing even to the poorest person living in UK... So it means even the poorest can afford a crate of egg

For your information there are native born UK citizens who don't know where their next meal will come from even as we speak now.

You ignorant people think everyone who lives in Europe and the Americas is balling!

1 Like

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Ashirioluwa: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yes it can happen but only if we have a good leader.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yes, I do see that in Abeokuta sometimes
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
No human in Nigeria based on the colour
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Cubeman: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
We believe in eternity,so nothing expires in Nigeria.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by SporaD8: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Nothing of such in Nigeria, particularly the BB (best before), but stamped/branded eggs are available, e.g Funtuna Eggs.

The company name is usually stamped on each egg before package
Funtana eggs wey no dey get yoke?!
Abeg!!!
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Chasegb(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Same thing in most parts of Europe.

Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by btoks: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
SavageResponse:

For your information there are native born UK citizens who don't know where their next meal will come from even as we speak now.

You ignorant people think everyone who lives in Europe and the Americas is balling!
While true, there's definitely state help/benefits, food banks, charities etc for such people to be fair.

Poverty level is definitely not as high as our naija.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Omoluabiii(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yeah, thats how it is....
Right here in Newcastle.
It applies to all household provisions, and even snacks that re produced by food vendours or outlets.
Any snack produced for today must be sold today, and must not be in stock tommorrow.
There are government agencies that will come to inspect everyday.
If you re caugh selling an old stock as new,
you gon pay a big fine and might end up folding up.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Limassol(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
Oritna94:
Same here in KSA. Expiry dates are stamped on the eggs you buy
how is life overthere bro?
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Litmus: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria?

Nigerians generally have access to fresh organic eggs not the, irradiated carcinogenic eggs served to the British and US public in the West. In Nigeria, undated eggs generally hatch into chicks in time not turn into, black, putrefying goo. So, I guess, in a Nation like Nigeria where your organic eggs might reward you by turning into breakfast or transforming inot chickens, Expiry Dates might not seem as urgent as in Nations like Britain where your industrial eggs might kill you by transforming into poison if you don’t consume them on time.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by WADZAS: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
DonSpankie:
Even here in South Africa, the eggs have expiry date Nigeria is totally backward in everything.
you're talking about South Africa, even here in n zamfara state eggs have expiry date. Nigeria is just bleeped
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by WADZAS: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
DonSpankie:
Even here in South Africa, the eggs have expiry date Nigeria is totally backward in everything.
you're talking about South Africa, even here in n zamfara state eggs have expiry date. Nigeria is just messed
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by ecclize: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
www.obasanjofarmsng.com
pls are u into egg business?
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Limassol(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
SAMAJ:
have you considered the minimum wage? Even low wage workers at amazon stores make around £13 per hour, ×10 and they make £130 a day - that would get you 65 carton of eggs. By the way, egg In Nigeria same goes for 900 Naira -×65 is what people earn averagely in a month. Do the maths. Just to inform, food in most western countries is the least of your worries.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by purpleicious(f): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
It's possible by noting dates of laid and then they will know it's expiration.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Munzy14(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
helinues:

Why not answer my simple question...

Btw, is Obj farm even have a website to make an online order?
You are saying rubbish with authority..An intelligent version of you should have kept calm and hear the guy out...What if he/she knows a lot about day to day business in OBA farms than the sponsored articles you read here.

Listen more than you type/talk... lipsrsealed
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Overthemoonman: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
SavageResponse:

You are a liar. It is obvious, you don't even know what you are saying. Native born UK citizens that don't know where their next meal will come from? Oga, sharrap. It is either that person is lazy and not even a citizen but doesn't know road to the welfare office... From your first post, I knew you are one ignorant mofo that has never stepped an inch out of Nigeria. No point arguing with you again
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by rickleye: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
DonSpankie:

Savage Quote grin You should be arrested for speaking the truth cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by olayinmol: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
Funtuna eggs have an expiry date.

Date of production and expiry date on each of their eggs and the pack
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by fashrola(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
We have it in Nigeria..... If you buying branded eggs on crates
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by JiBhaller(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
There is something like this in UAE also
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Decryptor(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
hisexcellency34:
www.obasanjofarmsng.com

Ok...but there is no provision for online orders.
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by pigineng(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by bigfather(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Even Bread sef but na after d 3xpiry date d bread dey sweet pass ! grin
Re: Eggs In UK Have Expiry Dates Stamped On Each,Can't This Happen In Nigeria? (Pic) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Abragidi:
Its laughable,the business I run and the job I do can house that your rat house you call shop and pay your school fees till you graduate....Simp.. grin grin

Mr man earning in Naira. What could you possibly be earning? I’m already a graduate and you couldn’t even begin to foot my bills if you tried. If I didn’t decide to do something on my own that my family will kill me for, you wouldn’t be casting aspersions about me here. Like i said earlier, if you weren’t a ignorant of how business works you’d know seeking for investors for a business is no indication you are poor or struggling. All stories are not the same, you are a man act maturely and reason.

And that ‘rat house’ was earning me almost 20k in sales everyday at its peak, so your words are pointless. The fact that you equate the physical look of business to its earning ability just proves you know nothing about business. Also If I decided to burn it down and go back home. My pocket money will feed your entire family comfortably. So please. I DON’T HAVE TO WORK FOR MONEY. I’m a prodigal girl. My future is secured if I decided to become a bum.

Believe it or not, as far as you’re earning in naira and are employed in Nigeria. You’re the poor person here. No need to tell you how or what. Your belief is your concern, we’re both on Nairaland and you’ll definitely eat your words, it’s not even a bluff. I apologize if you felt offended. Also don’t mention me again because grown men that cannot respect the hustle of the next person confuse me, if you were a lady, I’d be less surprised, so if you can ignore.

Note. I already apologized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS / My Brother Killed 2 Bushpig Today (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.