Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law (21726 Views)

Ways Peter Obi's Supporters Are Showing Him Love (Pictures) / Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal / Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by 9japride(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2021
All these pandora rubbish is all about 2023 elections, the person behind the pandora is he/she not a human being? Everyone has a price. Who is bankrolling the pandora stuff?

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by murmee: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Sirjamo:
When you talk about Obi, they will ask you" What about Tinubu?"

We saw Panama paper report, no Tinubu's name

We are seeing Pandora report, no Tinubu's name

Jonathan dragged Tinubu to CCB, he was discharged and acquitted.

When we finally see a report that expose Tinubu like the one of Peter Obi, we can then see whether we will be hypocrites like Mr Obi's supporters.

Bullion van driving into his residence cannot be an evidence of corruption. If anyone wants Tinubu indicted for corruption, he/she will have to do better than pointing to a bullion van you can't even prove how much money it carried.
The bullion van might not even have carried money. Afterall, there's no law that says bullion vans should only carry money. If there's anyone that witnessed the van offloading money in the Bourdillon building, then the person is free to come forward and say so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by emperor863(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Ekez:

If Peter Obi is a crook,
Who is Tinubu.....,??

A very good question.

As at today Tinubu is a saint. This is because he has not been indicted (like Peter Obi) or convicted like (Orji Uzor Kalu) by any investigative journalist, panel of enquiry or any Court of law.

Remember that during the regime of your drunken master, Tinubu was arraigned before the CCT for operating foreign companies and accounts while in office just like the criminal Peter Obi has done. He, Tinubu was discharged and acquitted of all the politically motivated charges. I hope I've answered your question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by bukarolz: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2021
So many olodos have reached their verdict that he stole public funds. His sins are non declaration of joint holding and still running as a decoy CEO.
These are two different encroachments. One former governor of one northern state helped Gen Achaba siphoned over 3bn dollars. It is in Pandora Papers but that would not be taken seriously because he is no longer interested in politics.
Youths in this forum play pitiful politics of religion and ethnicity and have not differentiated themselves from current batch of politicians that have held this nation from ransom.
Who runs this forum? It's written in bold red to avoid racist and tribal comments here, what do we see here on daily basis? Some members of this forum even encourage cultism and the activities of Mafia without getting banned. Where is the ethics and professionalism herein?
This forum should be used for good. Political thugs should be treated with kid gloves herein.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by emmykk(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2021
seunmsg:

There is no saint among our political leaders. They are as corrupt as they come. But you see Atiku and Obi, they are the most crooked.

Tautology
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Kelvinhunta: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2021
What is this fuss about Peter Obi? Is he d only name on the list? How come no other has been mentioned? Mischief makers are always easy to spot
Shetemi12:
God is so good. Imagine if Tinubu name were to be included in the list. Our brothers and sisters in the eastern part of the country would have made mockery of the situation. What God can do doesn't exist. Their Mr integrity has been disgraced
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 07, 2021
Latakia:
Igbo have been showing the symptoms of terrorism since late 80s and early 90s.

I repeat Ndi-Igbo aint your problems but effective, efficient ,contributors to the growth of Nigeria economically ,socially ,even though so marginalized.

Terrorism in Nigeria - statistics & facts ,not parochial idealogies; and fantasies, fueled ;with feudalistic propaganda's

Nigeria has one of the highest terrorism threat levels in the world. Despite a general decrease in terror-related deaths, the country recently recorded the second highest number of people who died in terrorist attacks worldwide, after Afghanistan. Several militant groups are active in Nigeria, leading to attacks on both civilian and military targets. Boko Haram is by far the deadliest, mostly active in the north of the country. Certain deaths have also been attributed to Fulani extremists, while further violent outcomes have been characterizing conflicts among other herdsmen, farmers and ethnic groups.
Jihadist fundamentalism

The number of Boko Haram attacks has increased recently. It is a jihadist fundamentalist group, aiming to free the country from Western education and to establish an Islamic state in Nigeria. However, Boko Haram is responsible for thousands of deaths not only in Nigeria but also in Cameroon, Chad and Niger. Within Nigeria, the Northern state of Borno, where the group is mostly concentrated, is the region most affected by Boko Haram's brutality. Among attacks reported on in the media, the 2014 kidnapping of 276 female students from a secondary school in Chibok, located in Borno, received global attention. In 2016, Boko Haram split into two groups. Both groups see themselves as affiliates of ISIL, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).
Conflicts between pastoralists and the nomadic Fulani
In 2019, Fulani extremists were responsible for about one quarter of all terror-ralated deaths nationwide. Fulani extremists do not constitute a single terrorist group. In fact, several deaths have been attributed to terrorist attacks used as a tactic in ongoing conflicts between pastoralists and the nomadic Fulani. Jihadist Fulani herdsmen have also been killing thousand of Christians in recent years. In total, over 10 thousand Christians were murdered in Nigeria by Boko Haram, Jihadist Fulani herdsmen, and bandits or highway kidnappers in Nigeria. Political, economic and social instability is also resulting in severe confrontations between terrorist groups and the State. From 2011 to 2021, such conflicts with Boko Haram caused over 20 thousand deaths.
One factor to take into consideration is the massive economic cost of terrorism. In Nigeria, it makes up 2.4 percent of the country's GDP, only about one percentage point less than government expenditure on health. In Africa, it is the largest economic impact registered in one single country, resulting in an expense of 142 billion U.S. dollars reached between 2007 and 2019. Recently, some militant groups emerged in the Niger Delta region, with the declared aim to address social and political injustice. Various kidnappings and attacks were carried out by these groups, mostly against oil facilities, such as pipelines, and workers in the region, leading to a loss in oil prices. This area is extremely poor, despite oil resources, as the wealth generated by production barely reaches the Nigerian population. Eventually, in January 2021 a court has ordered the oil company Shell to compensate Nigerian farmers for oil spills in their land in the Niger Delta region.

Society›Crime & Law Enforcement
Terrorism in Nigeria - statistics & facts
Overview
Key figures
Statistics
Published by Simona Varrella
, Sep 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by JustforMen: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html

what is all this useless lenghty gibberish all about?
this is just to pull somebody down otherwise, I don't see how this affects anything else.
Mr. Obi is a business man. do you have any proof of crime or misdoings when he held public office?
just sue him for the crime instead of making a volcanic mountain out of a nothing bugger.
I am now beginning to believe the issue of the so called tribal press using the newspapers to pull people down on the basis of tribe and religion.
The lbadan express way press cartel is surely not an imagination.
utter nonsense.
what has Buhari, Tinubu or any other politician ever truthfully declared?
and some educated fool has the time to pen an exaggerated trash worthy poop just to insult the sensibility of Nigerians.
what is the crime? sue him for it. that is all!

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by slimghost(m): 8:03am On Oct 07, 2021
PT should stop trying. The hatchet job is not working. Man broke no laws.
Tax avoidance is different from tax evasion.

3 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by emperor863(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2021
cybersoldiers:
Yoruba's are it again, Igbo's will make you cry, believe me.

In what way/ways can the Igbo make Yoruba cry? By moving en mass out of our Yoruba land?

Me, I've always prayed that your phantom, utopian Biafra becomes a reality. You will see the speed with which you would be deported to your barren potopoto republic (courtesy Asari Dokubo)

Yoruba who have been making you cry since the day they took the Speakership of the HoR after taking the vice presidency there by taking two out of the first six positions I'm the land and leaving the Igbo with none.
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by barragan: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2021
DesChyko:
It is clear that Gov. Peter Obi is involved in some misdemeanours. Very flimsy if we are to go by Nigerian Leaders as they are. The spine of the matter is that many of those ventures were existing in their current forms before he became Governor

I just don't see the 'Pandora-ness' of this. Through their actions or inactions, Premium Times are skipping the crux of the matter. They keep talking about 'secret records' and 'leaked documents', without being direct about it. What are contained in those leaked documents that suffice to nail him?

No, read the original article again, he formed those secret companies months after becoming the governor of Anambra State.
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 07, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
[s][/s]did you drink Obi's beer and potopoto too before magically pulling this pile of false shit from your empty brain? grin

Facts check;
Nomadic ,
feudalistic,
Tribal bigot
Irrelevant;
Gibberish;
No research,
no reliable sources;
Insults activated;
Insults comes; when there is ;;;;lack of facts.
I rest my case;

My comments, not for idiotic consumption.
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2021
Speakright79:
Has Peter Obi been indicated for stealing public funds? So far, the answer is no. CASE CLOSED.

We all know that this is about 2023.

Now let's talk about Jagaban and his bullion vans.

Have Tinubu been find guilty by any court of law for corruption too? Most of you guys are jus so stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by kenchop: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2021
PETER OBI IS NOT EVEN IN GOVERNMENT YET PREMIUM TIMES IS CARRYING HIS MATTER ON THE HEAD, BUT THEY ARE YET TO PUSH THE CASE OF THE NPA BOSS FORWARD.
PREMIUM TIMES SPECIFICALLY DID THEIR INVESTIGATE JUST FOR PETER OBI.
PREMIUM TIMES AND THEIR FUNDERS SHOULD PLEASE COME OUT AND TELL US YOUR THEY ARE AFRAID OFF IN PETER OBI.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by kenchop: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2021
IT'S YOU WHO'S JUST PLAIN STUPID.
DubaiLandLord2:
Have Tinubu been find guilty by any court of law for corruption too? Most of you guys are jus so stupid.
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Ekez(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2021
emperor863:

A very good question.

As at today Tinubu is a saint. This is because he has not been indicted (like Peter Obi) or convicted like (Orji Uzor Kalu) by any investigative journalist, panel of enquiry or any Court of law.

Remember that during the regime of your drunken master, Tinubu was arraigned before the CCT for operating foreign companies and accounts while in office just like the criminal Peter Obi has done. He, Tinubu was discharged and acquitted of all the politically motivated charges. I hope I've answered your question?
ohh political motivated charges grin grin grin
But Peter's case is not political motivated
??
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2021
Latakia:
It was worse in the late 80s and early 90s. The Igbo traders in Oshodi will gather around you and force you to buy their cloth whether you like it or not just because you are pricing it. The Yorubas in Mafoluku have to deal with them when people were complaining about their evil activities. And you know shops in Oshodi in those days were in corners and lacked enough space. They molest women the reason why no tribe will trust them with power.
We know the truth. Yes, that Oshodi too was nasty. I swear, ...check these markets you have less ibos: Oyingbo, Otto, Mile 12, Ijora (just to name few), no record of girls molestation. But Oshodi, Tejuosho, Alaba, and if you cross to Kano Str down to Jebba at the back of St Judes Church in Ebute Metta East where spare parts are sold around oyingbo area, mehn...girls always find themselves in trouble. Na so dem go come outside dey hold girls, tap their boobs, press their bombom, start forcing them to buy, and they always do it in groups. If you try to shout at them, they gather fast and start shouting tribal war. "They want to chase Igbo out oooo. They want to take put businesses from us ooo". So, their hosts always leave them to constitute nuisance. And they felt they were winning in those days, not knowing they keep making their hosts to distrust them. Now, they are shouting they are cheated. Lol. Who wants such nasty set of people to lead?

To deal with ibo, just keep quiet. That's it. Cos if you talk, its violence. Just do like he is winning, and keep shut. Wait till the day and shock him. That's how to deal with them so one can co exist with them peacefully. And they dont get it till date that their violent threats cannot work. The antidote to violence us avoiding it. Do not fuel violence. When they spark it, they accept you are wrong and walk away. It will die. But on the day to make decision, shock the person. The person will just continue hitting his head on the wall shouting foul play. You send am?

Peter Obi that we know is fraud a long time, they want to force it on everyone. He even aligned with corrupt Atiku Abubarkar. Lol. I dont understand ibo at times.

I am happy you also are bold to say no one trusts ibo. I dont too.

Another thing is that they put the seed of vengeance in their children who know nothing. I remember when I was in secondary school, my ibo classmates always say many matured stuff I didnt even understand then. I know more political violence through them. Wow. Another experience are those in diaspora. I used to have a female friend (I dont consider her a friend anymore) who said she is ibo american. I used to like this babe cos she sounds good and cool. But I was shocked the day she started with tribal violence that ibos are marginalized. This is someone who has not stepped her two feet on Nigerian soil ooo. Even her papa who she claimed is ibo has not been to Nigeria in like 50 to 55 years. Imagine. And the people at home fed her father with hatred, and the man fed his kids too. Now the kids who are matured adults in their 30s to late 40s are bittered probably feeding their children who arent even interested in Nigeria. The bitterness is against other regions.

Really, I just pray I can do something about the situation. And the funny issue is that I have met very lovely ibos. Wow. Most of those ibos are even professors now. If we talk, you wont even know we are of different tribes.

Well, I resist the urge to judge them as a whole, but I think that happens when one is looking at it from outside. But when you live long in Nigeria and you have encountered ibos a tenants in your property, hmmmm, you will have change of heart. When you go to markets ibos are many in Lagos, in you have change of heart. When you do business with ibo who is in Nigeria, you will have change of heart.

My sister, I can never in my life have business with an ibo person who has not stepped outside Nigeria. It is not hatred. I dont hate them. But the truth is that it is highly risky. I will not be the first to say it. And I am saying this so that the ones who know this truth can start making changes. It is becoming a lifestyle for ibo to be manipulators.

Ibos started importing fakes to Nigeria. We know this truth. If you even approach them, they tell you they are doing business. And they have already polluted yoruba. Yoruba has joined them too, but ibos are still champs.

On farm, you cannot even see ibos. Lol. They want fast money. To me, it seems they dont learn. Ojukwu lost the civil war cos of food. Awolowo told Gowon to block sending food to the east. You are at war with them and you are sending food to them. Lol. That was how Gowon went to the hausa farmers to forget sending food to the east. It was hunger that finished them. And Gowon blocked the border at their end so neighboring nations cannot supply them food also. That was how they lost Biafra war.

One would think they are going to learn. Instead, go to ibo land and ask for the price of farmland there. They sell land that are worthless like gold. Lol. The first son owns everything there. And those one made things so expensive and hyped. Lol. I dont understand them at all. They lost war due to food, and they arent still getting it. Nothing like agric there. I mean nothing as in zero. Ibo used to be known as yam farmers. Today, hausa has taken over. I remember in those days, no one patronized hausa yams. It was always ibo yams cos they were so sweet. Where are they today? Which food does ibo produce? Let's be sincere.

They are supposed to be united with SS and cut off supply of oil to the north. But nope. They want to dominate SS. Lol.

The Bible says the last shall be the first, and the first be the last. Ibo produced the first president (Zik), but where are they today? Yet, they haven't checked themselves.

I just pray they wake up so the whole South can unite and fight. The southern Nigeria is very resourceful, but the weak chain the north has been using against the region is SE. This is the truth. And they wont want to hear.

Fine, let them relocate to Israel. They said they are Jews. I pray for them to even relocate. Then, they will understand Jews give no fvck about them. The Ethiopian Jews are still lamenting. They even regretted migrating to Isreal. Lol. Let them go. I pray Jews accept them.

It is very annoying to read their responses about this Peter Obi's case. Someone is caught in the act, and the next is calling names from other regions. Shameless people.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Jackson105: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2021
cybersoldiers:
Yoruba's are it again, Igbo's will make you cry, believe me.

It is you and your family that will cry. Yoruba has always being bigger you can't do more than a dead rat

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2021
kenchop:
IT'S YOU WHO'S JUST PLAIN STUPID.
Who is this son of a b!tch quoting me?shey nah your useless papa I quote?

Please stay your lane boy!
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Sirjamo:

When we finally see a report that expose Tinubu like the one of Peter Obi, we can then see whether we will be hypocrites like Mr Obi's supporters.

Bullion van driving into his residence cannot be an evidence of corruption. If anyone wants Tinubu indicted for corruption, he/she will have to do better than pointing to a bullion van you can't even prove how much money it carried.

And you think Nigeria can be great with this ur mentally?....am a reasonable Yoruba guy but don't tell me Tinubu is not corrupt,you see all those politicians (peter obi,Tinubu,Aregbesola,Oyetola,Atiku,Ganduje) are all thieves and I will never vote for Tinubu... Nigerians too suffer for those pple hands
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by MENELIIK: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2021
teejaymoremoney:

And you think Nigeria can be great with this ur mentally?....am a reasonable Yoruba guy but don't tell me Tinubu is not corrupt,you see all those politicians (peter obi,Tinubu,Aregbesola,Oyetola,Atiku,Ganduje) are all thieves and I will never vote for Tinubu... Nigerians too suffer for those pple hands

Be proud of your Osu heritage, Yoruba from Igbo land
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2021
MENELIIK:

Be proud of your Osu heritage, Yoruba from Igbo land

I don't care what you think...I swear to God I never been to any eastern part,but it baffles me to think any sane Nigerian will still vote for this useless pple...same set of politicians since with zero vision for Nigeria.....suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by GetMeRight: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Ekez:

If Peter Obi is a crook,
Who is Tinubu.....,??

A Saint, going by the Pandora Box documents. Happy?
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by poiZon: 9:31am On Oct 07, 2021
seunmsg:
Those defending Peter Obi are well aware that he’s a crook and very guilty of all that allegations against him. He didn’t even deny some of the allegations but instead decided to claim ignorance.

Anyway, the journalists behind the Pandora papers have done their part. It is left for the CCB and other anti corruption agencies to take it up from there. His failure to declare the assets and operation of foreign account while holding public office are straight forward constitutional violations that doesn’t require extensive investigation before he can be convicted by the CCT. The evidence are there already.
I never see ur comment on gboyega oyetola thread.
Are u out of data?
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by GetMeRight: 9:31am On Oct 07, 2021
Sirjamo:

Bullion van driving into his residence cannot be an evidence of corruption. If anyone wants Tinubu indicted for corruption, he/she will have to do better than pointing to a bullion van you can't even prove how much money it carried .

Or even if it was indeed carrying money. Lol
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by poiZon: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2021
Shetemi12:
God is so good. Imagine if Tinubu name were to be included in the list. Our brothers and sisters in the eastern part of the country would have made mockery of the situation. What God can do doesn't exist. Their Mr integrity has been disgraced
Can we hear ur comments on oyetola thread?...
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by GetMeRight: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2021
DesChyko:
It is clear that Gov. Peter Obi is involved in some misdemeanours. Very flimsy if we are to go by Nigerian Leaders as they are. The spine of the matter is that many of those ventures were existing in their current forms before he became Governor

I just don't see the 'Pandora-ness' of this. Through their actions or inactions, Premium Times are skipping the crux of the matter. They keep talking about 'secret records' and 'leaked documents', without being direct about it. What are contained in those leaked documents that suffice to nail him?

Amanpour asked him why he was using state money to revive his family businesses during their presidential campaign with Atiku, the guy was just stammering and spitting gibberish like joint ventures between the state government and his family. Thieve!
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by jaxxy(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Shetemi12:

Deji Tinubu is there now. undecided
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by sammy329(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2021
They won't say anything now oooo.

Because it's not about Tinubu
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by DesChyko: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2021
barragan:

No, read the original article again, he formed those secret companies months after becoming the governor of Anambra State.

Perhaps if you will be kind enough to help me the names of the newly formed companies under their searchlight? That coinciding with his tenure as Governor should do justice.

I think this would have been a very solid point that would prove diversion of public funds. But if three points were raised by the author of this post and there is no mention of what you are claiming here, that should tell you that your claim probably doesn't exist.
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by Latakia(f): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2021
9jah:

I repeat Ndi-Igbo aint your problems but effective, efficient ,contributors to the growth of Nigeria economically ,socially ,even though so marginalized.

Terrorism in Nigeria - statistics & facts ,not parochial idealogies; and fantasies, fueled ;with feudalistic propaganda's

Nigeria has one of the highest terrorism threat levels in the world. Despite a general decrease in terror-related deaths, the country recently recorded the second highest number of people who died in terrorist attacks worldwide, after Afghanistan. Several militant groups are active in Nigeria, leading to attacks on both civilian and military targets. Boko Haram is by far the deadliest, mostly active in the north of the country. Certain deaths have also been attributed to Fulani extremists, while further violent outcomes have been characterizing conflicts among other herdsmen, farmers and ethnic groups.
Jihadist fundamentalism

The number of Boko Haram attacks has increased recently. It is a jihadist fundamentalist group, aiming to free the country from Western education and to establish an Islamic state in Nigeria. However, Boko Haram is responsible for thousands of deaths not only in Nigeria but also in Cameroon, Chad and Niger. Within Nigeria, the Northern state of Borno, where the group is mostly concentrated, is the region most affected by Boko Haram's brutality. Among attacks reported on in the media, the 2014 kidnapping of 276 female students from a secondary school in Chibok, located in Borno, received global attention. In 2016, Boko Haram split into two groups. Both groups see themselves as affiliates of ISIL, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).
Conflicts between pastoralists and the nomadic Fulani
In 2019, Fulani extremists were responsible for about one quarter of all terror-ralated deaths nationwide. Fulani extremists do not constitute a single terrorist group. In fact, several deaths have been attributed to terrorist attacks used as a tactic in ongoing conflicts between pastoralists and the nomadic Fulani. Jihadist Fulani herdsmen have also been killing thousand of Christians in recent years. In total, over 10 thousand Christians were murdered in Nigeria by Boko Haram, Jihadist Fulani herdsmen, and bandits or highway kidnappers in Nigeria. Political, economic and social instability is also resulting in severe confrontations between terrorist groups and the State. From 2011 to 2021, such conflicts with Boko Haram caused over 20 thousand deaths.
One factor to take into consideration is the massive economic cost of terrorism. In Nigeria, it makes up 2.4 percent of the country's GDP, only about one percentage point less than government expenditure on health. In Africa, it is the largest economic impact registered in one single country, resulting in an expense of 142 billion U.S. dollars reached between 2007 and 2019. Recently, some militant groups emerged in the Niger Delta region, with the declared aim to address social and political injustice. Various kidnappings and attacks were carried out by these groups, mostly against oil facilities, such as pipelines, and workers in the region, leading to a loss in oil prices. This area is extremely poor, despite oil resources, as the wealth generated by production barely reaches the Nigerian population. Eventually, in January 2021 a court has ordered the oil company Shell to compensate Nigerian farmers for oil spills in their land in the Niger Delta region.

Society›Crime & Law Enforcement
Terrorism in Nigeria - statistics & facts
Overview
Key figures
Statistics
Published by Simona Varrella
, Sep 28, 2021

They are not my problem but rather problem to themselves constituting nuisance here and there and always play the victims card grin
Re: Pandora Papers: 3 Ways Peter Obi Broke The Law by seunmsg(m): 10:28am On Oct 07, 2021
poiZon:

I never see ur comment on gboyega oyetola thread.
Are u out of data?

Put on your glasses and check again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zamfara Man Born In Owerri Has Right To Become Governor In Imo State - Igodye / I Want To Unite South East Leaders With Buhari – Okorocha / Rivers Rerun: Violence, Killings Barbaric, Unacceptable – PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.