Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC (7802 Views)

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2021
LUGBE:
My neigbour bought 12.5kg cooking gas for #8,000 just yesterday. 5 bags of satchet water is now #1,000 now, the same they usually sale 12 bags for #1,000 just last week.

How did we get here,many family are suffering.

You all voted Mr integrity onto power and we are reaping our foolishness. tinubu and xo lied to us all.
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Menandbrethren: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2021
And to think dat d minimum wage in US is approximately 3000N an hour sad
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by awa(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2021
NLC leaders should simply keep quiet and allow real Nigerians affected to cry their cries. Useless and Selfish NLC leaders fighting for their pockets only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by emmyileri(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2021
God will punish you NLC LEADERS
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by ibtommy(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2021
MARKone:
A bag of Brown Beans is now 100k embarassed

Hah!!!!!!!
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Unlettered: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2021
I blame the masses. We are the inflation in that statement. Our marketers inflate everything and anything they can put their hands on. And you expect minimum wage not to skyrocket?

I also blame the govt for not developing a regulatory framework for the marketers.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by CocoaOla: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2021
All African countries should create African Union with 1 army & 1 currency.
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by ibtommy(m): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2021
Timblogga:
Strike loading.
Which strike Or you meant Ronaldo's strike With this bunch of docile, greedy labour leaders, don't expect any serious thing.
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Whobedatte(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2021
LUGBE:
My neigbour bought 12.5kg cooking gas for #8,000 just yesterday. 5 bags of satchet water is now #1,000 now, the same they usually sale 12 bags for #1,000 just last week.

I filled mine 7,500 last weekend . (12.5kg)
Bought a half bag of beans for 50k
Rice half bag 12,500
Not minding pepper ,tomatoes and provisions .
Walahii , this country is gone . embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Whobedatte(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2021
LUGBE:

I filled mine 7,500 last weekend . (12.5kg)
Bought a half bag of beans for 50k
Rice half bag 12,500
Not minding pepper ,tomatoes and provisions .
Walahii , this country is gone . embarassed.
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Belawy(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2021
What do you expect?
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by tyup(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2021
The100:
Went to buy Tom Tom yesterday, and i was told is now N20 and not N10 anymore.. The only last thing u can buy with N10 in Nigeria is satchet water.. The worst is that no body in my area is accepting N5 note again.. Kwantinue

a sachet of pure water is now #20

1 Like

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by MARKone(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2021
ibtommy:

Hah!!!!!!!

My brother na so. I bought a HP branded desktop system for 175k basic configuration, not barely 2 months ago. Now same system is 210k last!. As at 3 - 4 years ago, that system was like 98k. It's just too sad how things are getting worse in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Emmypure: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Na una wey dey earn for naira go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by MARKone(m): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2021
CocoaOla:
All African countries should create African Union with 1 army & 1 currency.

That is what the late Muammer Ghadafi of Libya wanted to do that time, but the African Union rejected it, and the US killed him. Infact he wanted Africa to be like the US, and in some ways, I think it would have paid.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Glory be to God for making you all to see today! Have you blamed ipob today? Blame it on ipob!
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Reference(m): 8:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Elections have consequences. No complaint. Just take the heavenly trains and you will be alright. Afterall infrastructure solves all....

When the next election cycle comes, as a union, the biggest and most influential union in Nigeria, you sit down with all the candidates and negotiate your liberty and prosperity and whomsoever gives you the best deal, seal and set in stone, galvanise all your members to support.

That is how unions in sane climes operate. But we all know when the time comes your union will fractionalise along sentimental lines and you end up with nothing but woes.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Kirchoffs: 8:59am On Oct 07, 2021
I saw helinues begging on nairaland because of landlord quit notice due to his inability to pay house rent, poverty strickén lots una go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Whobedatte(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Kirchoffs:
You must be a bandit or skull miner, haba how only you one go spend 100k on food stuffs. Which work you dey do
I observed it's better to buy in big quantity rather than buying in cups or mudu o
Those pepper sellers in your neighborhood make a whole lot of money anytime you buy from them
I just go to ile epo market or ikotun and buy pepper in baskets ,walahii 3 months you never buy any foodstuff kiss

1 Like

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by jericco1(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2021
The country is in complete shambles
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by Reference(m): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2021
jericco1:
The country is in complete shambles

Elections do have serious consequences. They are the last chance of a citizen to decide his fate and experiences for the next four years at least.

Make a mistake and it can even last a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by snapshot: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2021
Aliyu Wabba,a big time hussler"money for hand back for ground" NLC president
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by liverpudian9(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2021
They are just knowing this Goons
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by jericco1(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2021
Reference:

Elections do have serious consequences. They are the last chance of a citizen to decide his fate and experiences for the next four years at least.

Make a mistake and it can even last a lifetime.

Election or not the elite have a way of installing whomever they want and the story continues
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by IamE: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2021
NLC should not be taken serious.
If you earn 100,000 naira monthly which seems like a lot of money to some people, in the real sense you are only worth less than 400naira per hour. I.e for a 9hours daily job.
NLC should work towards changing the pay strate to hourly instead of useless monthly minimum wage that is less than the cost of a bag of rice.
Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by enemyofprogress: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2021
I thought you were jubilating when you were given that small change. Bunch of losers. Fok you all!

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by mybiz234: 9:41am On Oct 07, 2021
LUGBE:

According to sirjamo, mannabbgrills, Tinubuadvocate, madridguy, etc, the rising cost of food is not the fault of Buhari. It is always the fault of someone else.

According to them, anything that goes wrong is never the fault of Buhari, but anything that goes right is to the glory of Buahri. grin

Buhari is comrade Napoleon and comrade Napoleon is always right cheesy

May God not curse us with dumbness and intentional foolishness. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC by KillAlabi2021(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
Lol

Una

Never

Chin chom tin

Expect, 500% increase before the year runs out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians / GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu / Power Generation Drops To 3,050MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.