Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria (12541 Views)

Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / How Much Will It Cost To Write TOEFL In Nigeria? Help Me With Materials Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by LLSAINT(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2021
If you have talent, creative, message, style, then, you only need a manager to make you a brand
solofresh:
Hello fellow Nairalanders
Am planning on starting a music career (R &B music) for myself but I don't know how much it would cost me, how to get a good management and how the music business is.
Please anyone with a great idea should let me in
Thank you

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by house10s: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2021
LLSAINT:
If you have talent, creative, message, style, then, you only need a manager to make you a brand
a manager (expecially) will only be looking for how to eat ur money.

If for example radio promo is 10k he will say 25k not even 15k
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by solofresh(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

First of all you get talent?
Nor be say you go enter studio now begin use too much voice enhancer like Davido for your untalented career....dey dish out dogg shit

The reason why Davido succeed na because him papa hold small money
If you try am.....you career go just die before he start

Guy which kind Wahala be this naw

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 10:58am On Oct 07, 2021
Legendrysailor:
Pls I need someone who is in possession of a 1xbet account to fund my 1xbet account, I will transfer money to his bank account so dat when he sees d transfer he will then fund my 1xbet account. Pls is urgent, I can't fund my account directly from my bank account because I lost my sim card, meaning I can't get d otp code when d ask me for it
is this the new format to scam people
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by house10s: 11:02am On Oct 07, 2021
Legendrysailor:
Pls I need someone who is in possession of a 1xbet account to fund my 1xbet account, I will transfer money to his bank account so dat when he sees d transfer he will then fund my 1xbet account. Pls is urgent, I can't fund my account directly from my bank account because I lost my sim card, meaning I can't get d otp code when d ask me for it

try again another format
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Cowbell521: 11:03am On Oct 07, 2021
30BG
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by ModeEbo(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2021
Urgent 2k
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2021
house10s:

lol u just dey side line dey guess

Lol cheesy
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by WhoIBe: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Do you want a car for hire purchase?

Toboye:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. Please I am an uber / bolt driver. I reside around Ayobo Lagos. Please I need a car to drive on either platforms. I've been at home for 2 months now doing nothing and it's quite frustrating. Please anyone with vital information can call me on 08062626053. My Bolt account is active and I have 2 years experience. Thanks and God bless y'all.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by sweetmusictv: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2021
First you need an Adviser and that is why we are here

Contact me for media Consulting and promotion strategy regarding your music

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Ephemmm: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2021
Toboye:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. Please I am an uber / bolt driver. I reside around Ayobo Lagos. Please I need a car to drive on either platforms. I've been at home for 2 months now doing nothing and it's quite frustrating. Please anyone with vital information can call me on 08062626053. My Bolt account is active and I have 2 years experience. Thanks and God bless y'all.

You are an Uber Driver before; what happens to the cars you were driving before?

Only fraudulent activities can hinder you from getting cars from people whose car you have driven anymore, and I hope you didn't belong to this class.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Mgada1ne(m): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2021
No big deal,
Confidence!
That is just what you need inorder to succeed in Nigerian music Industry,forget money money and pursue your talent.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by flavourwole: 11:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Hi,@stagethemTV has said it all,if you have very good song and ready to promote your song,we are ready to assist you,if your song is good,we can link you with big R&B star in Nigeria for collabo.It will also help your music carrier,this is one of so many things we gonna do for you to promote you and your music..You are free to call on 08136510609 for a meeting,and you won't regret working with us. Music is money if you are connected with the right channel.Thanks.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by DAMN99: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2021
If you have the talent, 5m will be a good bugdet
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Taaheer: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Legendrysailor:
i can help u
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by slickycee: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2021
Bro.

It's not about money .
It's about Your team .

How strong is your circle .
How good is your management.

It's always advised to start small, then grow.

My advise to you is.
First try and practice doing music without earning or even getting fame.

Just start living the musician life before you actually say you're going into the industry.

By this I mean,
You can start singing in your church for a minimum of 3 months..
Most great artists started doing music before they actually got into the industry..

It's good and it would build your ethics and give you a sense of purpose, rather than pursing money and fame.

Secondly.

Your circle matters !!!!
You can't do it alone !!!
You need trustworthy passionate people who likes music and is willing to put you out there.

You need to change your friends , start befriending, instrumentalists, MCs , Influencers, Models , Sound engineers , Producers and people in that sort of career ..

When you've done this for like 6 months without chasing money or trying to get recognition..

Then you would know you're actually ready to start the hustle , even tho victories don't really look big compared to what other artists achieve.

You just have to put yourself out and start somewhere..

If you give people the impression that you have money and can pay your way to stardom.

My brother, Dem go chop your money and you no go see anything.

They know you can always splash the cash , so they would make sure you never really blow, so you would always come to them .

Don't fall for that trick.

Rather invest that money in going for vocal training, learning a music instrument, setting up a home studio, so you can record at anytime .

Getting guys that are producer's and Sound engineers to be your friends and you can always settle them, so they would give you their best.

The remaining money, use it to change your wardrobe.
Hire a influencer to grow your brand..
Hire a digital marketer to sell your contents

Hire a PR and social media guy to handle your social image and distribution of your music..

Have a Pa that liase with other people about you..
Omo make it a big deal for people to get access to you.

Unless they're above you.

When you have all this people working for your good.

You would be able to completely focus on your music and in a matter of months you would start getting attention on the internet.

Good luck and all the best.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by omoadeleye(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

Nor be say you go enter studio now begin use too much voice enhancer like Davido for your untalented career....dey dish out dogg shit

So you think say money is that easy to get fame and maintain the fame right?

When you go get sense ba.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Scottz: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

Nigga you made zero sense here
Just smoke your skunk peacefully no de carry dey do. Me sef de on loud on on a low on Gaaad

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by lexy2014: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2021
solofresh:
Am planning on starting a music career (R &B music) for myself but I don't know how much it would cost me, how to get a good management and how the music business is.
Thank you

From your comment, u have a very very wrong notion about music. U have no idea what music is. U think it's like opening a shop or boutique hence u are asking how much it will cost u start a music career. It's like asking how much it will cost u to start a career in medicine, engineering, sports, teaching and so on. Is there a monetary cost for starting careers?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by uuzba(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
solofresh:
Thank you

Music is something emotional.
If you don't have any emotions, don't bother about music.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by LLSAINT(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
Na so na
Manager must chop
This was how some of these celebs were used but when you become a brand, you go solo
house10s:
a manager (expecially) will only be looking for how to eat ur money.

If for example radio promo is 10k he will say 25k not even 15k
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by house10s: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
LLSAINT:
Na so na
Manager must chop
This was how some of these celebs were used but when you become a brand, you go solo
no one say don't chop but d billing d mostly high pass d work price
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by LLSAINT(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
That is the rot in the system
unfortunately, COSON, PMAN etc are doing nothing
house10s:
no one say don't chop but d billing d mostly high pass d work price
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by thatsleepboy1: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
house10s:

Thank you sir.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by princewarri1985: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
solofresh:
Thank you

It will cost you zero naira. And the only thing it will cost you, is for you to possess that raw and undiluted talent and watch record labels fight for your signature, because am tired of every dick and harry out there with zero talent claiming to be musicians, am also a musician too because i can sing, same with my grand mother too LoL,

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by house10s: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
princewarri1985:
It will cost you zero naira. And the only thing it will cost you, is for you to possess that raw and undiluted talent and watch record labels fight for your signature, because am tired of every dick and harry out there with zero talent claiming to be musicians, am also a musician too because i can sing, same with my grand mother too LoL,
lol wen he enter studio I guess he will tell d producers dat Princewarri say its zero naira to start music

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by issylarry(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
solofresh:
Thank you

First,it’s not about the money but more about what you have to give.I have come across lot of artiste with so much dough but still seeks a good management,without the right team it would be hard!But music requires money too.but you would need orientation so you won’t go astray! I am not asking you for money but I can put you through music ,I do for many artistes and managements and if you want to us to communicate here on line it’s fine..

Contact me on what's app:
0-8-0-23-6-28_382
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by princewarri1985: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
house10s:
lol wen he enter studio I guess he will tell d producers dat Princewarri say its zero naira to start music
Many record labels are looking for raw talent like tems and they are ready to spend fortune on the artists and recoup their money after the artist blow, HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE ANY, I HAVE THE CONTACTS
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by house10s: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
princewarri1985:
Many record labels are looking for raw talent like tems and they are ready to spend fortune on the artists and recoup their money after the artist blow, HIT ME UP IF YOU HAVE ANY, I HAVE THE CONTACTS
tems who is now popular but were dey looking wen she wasn't known undecided

u can scout talent in ur own n make money see u have contact
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria by Fantazy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
If you want to succeed in music don't see it as business. Instead see it as hobby.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job, Graduate Program Or Marriage? / Where To Find ADULT EDUCATION In Lagos: Enter Here / 8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.