Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online (737 Views)

Have You Gotten To This Stage In Your Relationship / I Wish Ladies Will Know This About Guys That Started From Scratch / Has Nigeria Gotten To This Stage? My Experience With The Police Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by bibbiana(f): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2021
I will try to make my post short and clear.
I really need contributions on this sensitive issue that has to do with two adults meeting online, precisely on dating sites.
After series of conversations and meetings, dating starts and it gets to a stage where both really want to commit to marriage.
On introducing one another to both parents, they would want to know how they both met since most parents in this part of the world cares to know where and how it all started.
My question is that should one just go ahead and tell them the truth which would give them much worries, or formulate a different story to calm there curiosity?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by Ammishaddai: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Aunty ,just be honest with your people and tell them the truth . And besides, this guy is your choice not theirs . Anybody wey no dey happy with your decision doesn't respect your person as an adult .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by Isokoson1: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Mehn this is beyond local man logistics

Bae e no mata where una meet, anything way e meant to be,e go be.. Make una open up tell una parent the truth...

My Aunt got married to a guy she met on 2go that year and now they are blessed with two beautiful girls...

Remember we find love in a hopeless place....

Just tell them the truth so that when e sour or when Una get little misunderstanding make e no go burst like person way do breast surgery...

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by Ynix(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2021
bibbiana:
I will try to make my post short and clear.
I really need contributions on this sensitive issue that has to do with two adults meeting online, precisely on dating sites.
After series of conversations and meetings, dating starts and it gets to a stage where both really want to commit to marriage.
On introducing one another to both parents, they would want to know how they both met since most parents in this part of the world cares to know where and how it all started.
My question is that should one just go ahead and tell them the truth which would give them much worries, or formulate a different story to calm there curiosity?
Keep all of that to your selves for now, let's say 2,3,4,5 years now you can shalaye.
All you can say is you met online, and discovered that there was a bond otan...

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by Jeremani: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
For me that's not a problem. Meeting each other online is not a big deal.
Except ur parent too dey religious

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed At This Stage Of A Relationship That Started Online by yomi007k(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
People wey meet for street,school, market, bank , filling station, church and mosque too dey divorce o.

The main thing is who the two of you really are and what you want.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Let Have Fun.....when Last You Collect Billing. / Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS / When You See It.... (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.