Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare (5232 Views)

INEC Official Result - Amosun Declares as Winner Of Ogun State Guber election / Ogun: Amosun At The Gate / Rochas Okorocha Declares Free Education For All In Imo State At Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by Rossikk(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nigerians are very funny people.

Charge school fees for kids they complain.

Ok. You now abolish fees and declare free education. THEY STILL COMPLAIN.

IN fact, we have serious problems as a people.

I'm out!
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by Badesh(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2011
The topic of governance in each state is a mindset of the people being governed. What I mean by this is that SIA (Senator Ibikunle Amosu) who had been in this political game for so long would have taken his time to study whta he thinks can propel the populace to greater heights. Education is key and I suppose that is what he has decided to be his fulcrum. Obviously, he surely will have other things up his sleeves but he must have penciled down technocrats who should help his administration. Personally, I do not see anything bad in taking after the Awo approach as I am a living witness of that policy thrust in the days of Awo.

Suffice is to say that, that basic provision of education paved the way for so many so-called accomplished men and women in our society today. What else would one deploy in order to get the desired result?; tighten your loose ends so that the state government maximizes its income stream, move for a more viable tax system wherein every citizen of the state who make a living therein are made to pax their taxes. Then channel this resources into the projects at hand.

For the healthcare, isn't that supposed to be our lots?. Are we supposed to even debate that in the first place?. I beg, let us settle down to the governance of the day and pray that these politicians don't get distracted along the line.

I rest my case.
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by Fadipeshet(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2011
Yes, who says it is not possible ?
Free education should actually catalyse academic excellence with no prejudice to exceptional cases of abuse.

As for me, i commend his effort but i will equally like him to give the state an unprecedented infrastructural lift. His predecessor has done the state more harm than good.
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by aieromon(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2011
@kobojunkie
Please,pardon my online journalism jab.Even though we don't agree,i think its nice you didn't force your opinion down my throat with insultive words.You is good people. grin
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by Ismail0071(m): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
All i am after is reduction in higher is in reduction ot TASUED"s school fees angry
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by anointedf(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
All these are possible if the people at the helm of affairs are ready to be transparent.
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
aieromon:

@kobojunkie
Please,pardon my online journalism jab.Even though we don't agree,i think its nice you didn't force your opinion down my throat with insultive words.You is good people. grin

I would never try to force my opinion on you, as I prefer to argue my point as best I can so as to maybe get you to see things differently.

A lot of the situation in Nigeria has been revealed and honestly, there is NO SHROUD over the reality of things in the country. Ogun state is about N 10 Billion in debt. A Governor coming in, IMO, rather than seeking cheap PR, ought to spend time making sure to understand the task ahead, and making wiser decisions for the present and future of the people.

Ogun State is one of the many states that has suffered serious setbacks due to bad leadership in the last 12 years of our democracy. Since this man has made this promise, I hope the people of Ogun will not let him rest until he delivers or resigns.
Re: Ogun: Amosun Declares Free Education, Healthcare by brunnet: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
It is quite sad hearing Yusuph Olaniyonu, the honourable commissioner of information, Ogun State on Rockcity fm today, denying the fact that
Governor Amosun promised free
health care during
his electioneering campaign.

Shame on Amosun and his govt of lies and deceit !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Pensioners Collapse At Meeting With Okorocha! / Hilarious: When You Blow Whistle In Ebonyi State! (pics) / Hilarious Tweet Of Orji Uzor Kalu About The Just Concluded Pdp Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.